Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 11/8/2009 11:21:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#1]
Thought I'd bump the thread one last time, as I realized today may have been the last day I play COD4.       I've got things to do after work tomorrow, so I won't be on.    Tues; hopefully, the mailman will deliver MW2, and I will see all of you there.     Hopefully this won't be a WaW repeat.    

COD4 was good to us.    I always look forward to hearing your voices, and the crazy rants and taunts  that made our games so great.   Here  is to a new game, and memorable moments of victory!  
Link Posted: 11/8/2009 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By guns762:
Thought I'd bump the thread one last time, as I realized today may have been the last day I play COD4.       I've got things to do after work tomorrow, so I won't be on.    Tues; hopefully, the mailman will deliver MW2, and I will see all of you there.     Hopefully this won't be a WaW repeat.    

COD4 was good to us.    I always look forward to hearing your voices, and the crazy rants and taunts  that made our games so great.   Here  is to a new game, and memorable moments of victory!  

Looking forward to it, guns.
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 2:56:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Amen to that!

To past memories, ant future victories. I'll drink to that.

4 in some ways is one of those rare games, like Goldeneye, or the original Halo. Everybody played it, most everybody loved it. Makes me wonder if this was the definitive shooter for the 360. Have to see how MW2 plays.

Been playing 4 since the Beta (I can prove it), and it just has that "feel". The one where the game just feels right, and you can't help but like it. I was biased against 4 initially, as I played the demo for CoD2 and wasn't impressed. Signed up for the Modern Warfare Beta test, and my opinion was changed for the better. Even bought and beat CoD2 after that. How's that for a change of view?
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Sandit:

Amen to that!

To past memories, ant future victories. I'll drink to that.

4 in some ways is one of those rare games, like Goldeneye, or the original Halo. Everybody played it, most everybody loved it. Makes me wonder if this was the definitive shooter for the 360. Have to see how MW2 plays.

Been playing 4 since the Beta (I can prove it), and it just has that "feel". The one where the game just feels right, and you can't help but like it. I was biased against 4 initially, as I played the demo for CoD2 and wasn't impressed. Signed up for the Modern Warfare Beta test, and my opinion was changed for the better. Even bought and beat CoD2 after that. How's that for a change of view?

Sandit, just wanted to say thanks for letting me tube you so much the other night!!! lol

Link Posted: 11/9/2009 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Some of you guys were asking WTF I do at work.
I draw prints, buy material...etc, for structures like this.

Link Posted: 11/9/2009 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:

Some of you guys were asking WTF I do at work.

I draw prints, buy material...etc, for structures like this.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x35/ajinjax/jccup/CIMG1925a.jpg

That's pretty cool.

Link Posted: 11/9/2009 4:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4Real] [#7]

See you on the other side guns!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/9/2009 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotta work at the firehouse tomorrow - gonna go to GS after work and pay for the pre order in full so Austin can play tomorrow and level me up a little.  See you guys Wednesday!  I've missed you guys!

Link Posted: 11/9/2009 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#10]

LOOK HOW BAD ASS THIS YEARS AMERICANSNIPERS.ORG CHALLENGE COIN IS!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/10/2009 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By GR8TWYT:

LOOK HOW BAD ASS THIS YEARS AMERICANSNIPERS.ORG CHALLENGE COIN IS!!!!!!!!!!

that's fucking bad ass

i want one.

Link Posted: 11/10/2009 2:22:22 AM EDT
[#12]

You may want to stick with COD4. If you don't already know or if you are a console gamer, PC version of MW2 DOES NOT have Dedicated Server support. It is built on IWNET which is exactly like playing on a console. Expect high pings and small battles (9v9 max). Leaning has also been removed. If you like to play hardcore then you will have to work your way up to it since it is a perk not a game mode. I hope you like matchmaking since that is the only way you can join servers.

I went and cancelled my pre-order for this game and with the recent problems being posted on the Infinity Ward and Steam forums, I am glad I cancelled. I will be playing COD4 until IW decides to pull a certain body part out of a certain area. L4D2 here I come!
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By atrox:

You may want to stick with COD4. If you don't already know or if you are a console gamer, PC version of MW2 DOES NOT have Dedicated Server support. It is built on IWNET which is exactly like playing on a console. Expect high pings and small battles (9v9 max). Leaning has also been removed. If you like to play hardcore then you will have to work your way up to it since it is a perk not a game mode. I hope you like matchmaking since that is the only way you can join servers.

I went and cancelled my pre-order for this game and with the recent problems being posted on the Infinity Ward and Steam forums, I am glad I cancelled. I will be playing COD4 until IW decides to pull a certain body part out of a certain area. L4D2 here I come!

Dude.   This is the COD4 XBox 360 clan  thread.   Of course I know what I'm getting.  And, it's bad ass!!!!    Go cry somewhere else about your PC.    PC gaming is dead anyway; this is just helping it along.

Link Posted: 11/10/2009 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Bye COD4
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm reviving this thread because so far nothing has topped COD4. Everything released since has been an abomination compared to this game. COD4 will always be the best FPS shooter ever.

If you disagree, fuck you!

Link Posted: 3/31/2013 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By M4Real:
I'm reviving this thread because so far nothing has topped COD4. Everything released since has been an abomination compared to this game. COD4 will always be the best FPS shooter ever.

Im going to cry because I miss the old gang and that game.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 1:50:06 AM EDT
[#18]

While it wasn't perfect, it was the best. I still find myself remembering some awesome games in COD4. I rarely think about any other realistic FPS except for a good couple moments, but I think about COD4 all the time.

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 1:59:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Wtf? I know  I played COD 4 with old crew under my old gamer tag but I can not find a single post in this thread. Is the first one in the archive already?
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:22:07 AM EDT
[#20]

I joined up with the gang right at the end of everyone playing COD4, nothing was better than sucking and dying while hydroshock or isa went off on some kind of rant we should organize a revival!
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Me too guns. Me too.

I need something new to play. I'm burned out on the MW games. You still playing BF3? I heard BF4 is coming out soon.

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#22]
checking in on an old as fuck thread.

i am nostolgiaing hard for COD4 this morning
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Huzzah!
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By jonjsse1:
checking in on an old as fuck thread.

i am nostolgiaing hard for COD4 this morning

FYCN.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Me too guns. Me too.

I need something new to play. I'm burned out on the MW games. You still playing BF3? I heard BF4 is coming out soon.

I took a few months off to spend time with my new pup, but I played yesterday with AJ.   It's pretty fun, just not the same without the old crew.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Me too guns. Me too.

I took a few months off to spend time with my new pup, but I played yesterday with AJ.   It's pretty fun, just not the same without the old crew.

We have a new crew, you know.

When we're all on that is.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#27]
God damnit. I miss playing COD4 with you guys.

-Fracture
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Me too guns. Me too.

I just PM'ed you my cell number. Text me when you want to play. Chops, norris and I have been playing lately. Anybody else that wants in, pm your number around to us all and we can get a texting thing going for some old school killing.

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#29]
So what are we going to play COD4 or MW2.  By the way Chops sucks now so it would be nice to have some help
carrying his ass.  Its not nearly as fun talking shit when you get your ass kicked b/c you're playing with a bunch of
idiots.

NORUS
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Norris, you little bitch.  Didn't think I had an account here did you.  You wouldn't be the man you are today without me.  Have a couple below average games and here you are talking shit on the internet.  I'm down whenever you guys want to do it.  I vote we cut Norris out though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 2:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4Real] [#31]

Originally Posted By RSnorris:

So what are we going to play COD4 or MW2.  By the way Chops sucks now so it would be nice to have some help

carrying his ass.  Its not nearly as fun talking shit when you get your ass kicked b/c you're playing with a bunch of

idiots.

NORUS

We can play either, or both. Those are the only two I still like.
Originally Posted By IIICHOPSIII:

Norris, you little bitch.  Didn't think I had an account here did you.  You wouldn't be the man you are today without me.  Have a couple below average games and here you are talking shit on the internet.  I'm down whenever you guys want to do it.  I vote we cut Norris out though.

Hahahaha! Chops, I didn't think you had an account either. I'm sure a couple of these other fags will jump in. We could easily get a team of six going.

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By ZW17:

Wow, I log on and this old thread is at the top of my subscribed list.

What a blast from the past.

My 360 still sits in the basement with some sort of hardware issue, not the RROD.

One of these days I will get a new one, I have my 1st child on the way so maybe this summer while I am sitting at home a lot with the little one I will find some time to play.

Glad to see you guys are still around.

Fix yer shit man! Congrats on the new poop maker.

Link Posted: 4/1/2013 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#34]
ok, that was fun, thanks for the game fellas!   Good thing you guys still kick ass cause I couldn't remember what the fuck I was doing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 11:48:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck all y'all, I'll bring the butter and my tennis racquet.................
ZZML
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 12:34:57 AM EDT
[#36]

ok, that was fun, thanks for the game fellas!   Good thing you guys still kick ass cause I couldn't remember what the fuck I was doing.

Yeah, I really enjoyed that ass-kicking session. Did we even lose any games? I don't think we did.

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#37]

Yeah, I really enjoyed that ass-kicking session. Did we even lose any games? I don't think we did.    

Not a one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#38]
It was a great time.  I'm still laughing about Guns team killing me with a flashbang while I was In last stand, trying to revive me.  Maybe Cod4 next time?!  Norris is still a bitch....thought I'd throw that in there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 7:57:55 AM EDT
[#39]
I guess I need to see if I even still have MW2.

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 11:34:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crsnwbr] [#40]
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#41]
MW2 anyone?
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#42]
fnck COD. Battlefield is where it's at
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By swimz:

fnck COD. Battlefield is where it's at

You've been here since 2001 and only have 114 posts and that the best you can come up with? Dude, get a freaking life.

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 10:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gravity_Tester] [#44]
Need to do a retro night. COD4 or MW2. I'd even buy some whiskey and see if I can drag Cheerleader along for the festivities..

Custom match-HC free for all, wasteland, riot shields and javelins!
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:
Need to do a retro night. COD4 or MW2. I'd even buy some whiskey and see if I can drag Cheerleader along for the festivities..

Custom match-HC free for all, wasteland, riot shields and javelins!

So. Down. Team gravy taster?
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone playing some black ops 2?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#47]
I haven't had my Xbox on in a year ish...miss you guys, except ZW, I still have to see his fugly face all the time...I talk to Hydro a few times a month...Ima get back on soon, will probably suck just as bad as I used to
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sick1:
I haven't had my Xbox on in a year ish...miss you guys, except ZW, I still have to see his fugly face all the time...I talk to Hydro a few times a month...Ima get back on soon, will probably suck just as bad as I used to
View Quote

I'm trying to get Hydro back on more regularly.  

He sounded really good today.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#49]
LMK if you gus do a retor COD MW night, I will go out an buy a copy just to play that again!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sick1:

Spoke with him yesterday also, he did sound good and was his "chipper" self lol
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top