Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:26:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M82Assault] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DesertSkorpion:
Hmm post not showing up hopefully not a double tap

I started playing in April. I have 3 90's on Uldaman
View Quote

You did double tap.

That's about when I stopped playing. Debating coming back for WoD even though I know that's a bad idea.

I have like 5 90s on Lightbringer and one on Thrall.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought the new expansion
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Kiss the next year of your life goodbye.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By M82Assault:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Gonna do the same. Seems I don't learn very well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:

View All Quotes

Shit, none of us do.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:38:10 PM EDT
[#8]
We should all get together and raid I a noob but to tell you the truth lfr's suck.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#9]
We should all get together and raid I a noob but to tell you the truth lfr's suck.
View Quote

You know what LFR stands for, right?

Looking For Retards.

Part of the reason I quit pandas is because instead of making it an alternative, they made it a de facto mandatory part of the gearing process.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:39:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadeye675] [#10]

Looking For Retards.

Part of the reason I quit pandas is because instead of making it an alternative, they made it a de facto mandatory part of the gearing process.
View All Quotes

Looking For Retards.

as opposed to what? before LFR came out with Dragon Soul in Cata the only other alternative was to be on a raiding team. it is still just an alternative to being on a raiding team.

And now with Flex raids there are even more options. Im on a low pop server and never got to raid in Cata. But now im raiding all the time. so from that aspect it is awesome.

Also, they are doing away with LFR in the next xpac WoD. it will be flex, normal, heroic and mythic.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Deadeye675:

as opposed to what? before LFR came out with Dragon Soul in Cata the only other alternative was to be on a raiding team. it is still just an alternative to being on a raiding team.

And now with Flex raids there are even more options. Im on a low pop server and never got to raid in Cata. But now im raiding all the time. so from that aspect it is awesome.

Also, they are doing away with LFR in the next xpac WoD. it will be flex, normal, heroic and mythic.
View All Quotes

Looking For Retards.

It used to be normal dungeons, heroic dungeons, and then raids. Sure, it helped low pop servers, but IMO it diluted the community because you no longer have to work at getting a decent group for gearing. Made it a lot harder to meet decent players.

Kinda like vanilla dungeons back in the day... You sit there for an hour or two trying to build a group, finally get going, and it takes you another hour + to finish. Did the grind like that suck? Yeah. But you tended to walk away from every run with at least another 1 or 2 friends.

TL;DR: I don't miss the grinds, but I do miss the community cohesion.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Dammit, some asshole tricked me into renewing my sub. I'll never get away from this game.

What's your battletag Foing?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Looking For Retards.

View All Quotes

Looking For Retards.

On the servers I'm on LFR varies according to the day of the week.  Tues or Wed night it's fairly good/fast, but you'd better not have a low DPS or stand in things you shouldn't.   Those are the nights the people who know the dances run for their gear and weekly valor.   By Sunday night they're mostly gone and it's casuals.   A lot less people getting kicked from raids, but DPS is far lower and more people haven't figured out that the floor wants to kill them.   Things you can one shot on Tuesday night may take 5 or 6 tries on a Sunday.  

IMO the biggest problem w/ LFR is the complete destruction of the social part of the game.   People press the button for dungeons or raids now instead of running w/ people they know from their server.  Because of that people don't act like they would if there were consequences.   A prime example of that is the idiot DPS who run LFD now.   Growl is on pets, dps pulling, and nobody listens a good portion of the time.  That shit wasn't tolerated when none of the tanks or healers would run with an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife and I play on Altar of Storms, Horde. We are slowly cutting back our time as our characters are good enough to be okay at the start of WoD.

In my opinion, while LFR and LFG have made things easier/faster to run content, I miss the social aspect of the game. People actually recognized names, knew who to group with, who was an idiot. Who to try to gank, who to run the heck away from. I miss it. A player has always been a number, but now it really shows with the current game.

I am looking forward to WoD, as it seems like it is heading back towards Burning Crusade and Vanilla WoW, which is where I spent most of my time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#15]
The guilds im in don't really raid every now and then I get an invite from a friend for a flex but mostly LFR . I getting to the point I hate children. I need a bunch of secrets for that damn black prince(who also I cant stand anymore lol)
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#16]
The guilds im in don't really raid every now and then I get an invite from a friend for a flex but mostly LFR . I getting to the point I hate children. I need a bunch of secrets for that damn black prince(who also I cant stand anymore lol)
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:30:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WoWPro] [#17]

i dont know its pretty easy

ever since they esp removed multiboxing that was the last straw. Game has really reached the retard-5yo-level

first they remove a bunch of hard elite mobs/nerf dungeons ecetera ...like wtf
then add xbox360 achievement system
then just revamp the whole old world with lame cliques...cattleclysm was such a fail
then they remove multiboxing by this holinka-tard. All that time and $ down the drain. I had 6 hunters. I gave them 90 fucking dollars a month!!!!@!@@!. Screw wow that really broke the game. I put so much time, money and health(and tears ) into those characters its unbelievable. I gave blizzard close too 1200 bucks thoroughout my life...and all i get is stupid 10 day trials. I swear make the game free then 15 dollars a month is abit too much now

screw blizzard, they already fked up on D2 i remember how they promised it will kick @ss...this is back in 2001 or so when every1 and their mother had hacks and aimbot and they said they will ban them/balance classes out to be par with each other
i bet i can get my old cd out , reinstall and its still going to be the same unbalanced hacked trash

d3 is such a fail i wont even talk about it
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:40:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WoWPro] [#18]
i still miss ma hunter crew
swoosh~~
button press 6 arcane shots...someone's dead.
6 pets are on someone...eating the mage alive...who's idea was it to give hunter pets a trinket? o well mage blinks...bam~ dead pets clobbered him up

especially how braindead they made the hunter class since crusade i could post my epeen screenshots from wrath 'o fagking to mid mists right up when they removed it if any1 is interested

hordies hated those guys. i made them male draeneis too for super annoyance
you know how all the retards play male draenei lmao
id still die every now and then since my healer played on a college internet or just if people zerged me hard. but usually very high k/d ratio
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:58:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#19]
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
Wait, what?

You wasted $90 a month just to multi-box the game, and grief other players, and you think Blizz is the one with issues.  
View Quote

Boom, headshot!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Boom, headshot!
View All Quotes
Wait, what?
You wasted $90 a month just to multi-box the game, and grief other players, and you think Blizz is the one with issues.  

Boom, headshot!

I'll agree with his statement that Cata was fail, though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#22]
They didn't get rid of multiboxing either. Automation is what they don't like.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Wait, what?

Boom, headshot!

I don't think you'll find anyone that thinks Cata was good.

Cata sucked hard. The ONLY thing I liked about it was flying in the old world.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:10:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WoWPro] [#24]
Originally Posted By Jakezor:
They didn't get rid of multiboxing either. Automation is what they don't like.
View Quote

thats true, you can still world pvp(i played on a PvE realm uh oh) but you cant do BG's unless you use the 2x 3 person elephant mounts or whatever they are. It too clunky to collect my "army" after i kill someone and have to mount/dismount compared to the older /follow macros i used

i spent like 10 days making and/or copying those macros off the internet this is in burning crusade too now they have forums to help you out, before you were pretty much on your own. Its either you understood how to do it or you didnt.

plus my hunters havent been subbed since 5.3 so their gear...isnt in the best shape by now. O well people come and go as they say, i had a blast. I can finally devote all my money to feed my gun collection frenzy
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#25]

I don't think you'll find anyone that thinks Cata was good.

Cata sucked hard. The ONLY thing I liked about it was flying in the old world.
View Quote

Cata killed the game for my wife and I  - WotLK we were on almost every night doing something....
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Yup, Cata sucked and then came the Pandas.

Hopefully no one likes the new expansion, as I don't wish to be tempted.
View Quote

pandas is good... just didn't have as much time as I'd like - plus without the old guild I was pretty casual...

new x-pac looks awesome, sucks for you - buy it and enjoy not having a life
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Everyone that's played the beta says it's awesome. I'm still undecided.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

I played beta (on my wife's computer) and it was awesome (early beta)

I can't wait until I get a new machine
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#30]
can we start a new thread for everyone to go whine about cata in so its kept out of this one?

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#32]
can we start a new thread for everyone to go whine about cata in so its kept out of this one?

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:38:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Deadeye675] [#33]
A little grumbling every now and then isn't a big issue.
View Quote

grumbling is one thing. but we got people saying that the game is trash and that they never play anymore because its bad and that cata killed it for them. cata was released almost 4 years ago and hasn't been current content in like 2 years. the complaint window is closed.

If you have not played pandas you are only screwing yourself. I have thoroughly enjoyed this expansion. I have dungeoned, raided, quested, professioned, scenario'd.

I am whole heartedly looking forward to WoD. read the book War Crimes that sets up WoD.

Anyone looking to get back in on it , I am GM of a guild on the server Arathor, (Horde). we have a decent core group that will be there for the release. and plan on blowing through the leveling phase as quickly as possible to start raiding.  Flex, Then Normal, Then Heroic.  I am not sure about Mythic right now. sounds scary
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:44:04 AM EDT
[#34]
FINALLY got a ring last night. Fully normal/warforged now.

do have a question if there are any Hunter Theorycrafters though. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Deadeyetrey/advanced

you see what I have on.  Now I have tier shoulders in my bank. I also have one of the essences from garrosh,so I could pick either tier helm of chest. I would have the 4 piece.

any recommendations?

whatever I do I would be trading in 2 warforged pieces for 2 lower level tier pieces. is the 4 piece worth that in MM spec? if so should I go with helm of chest? thoughts.......

I have looked this up one way and down the other and cant come to a conclusion.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#35]
FINALLY got a ring last night. Fully normal/warforged now.

do have a question if there are any Hunter Theorycrafters though. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Deadeyetrey/advanced

you see what I have on.  Now I have tier shoulders in my bank. I also have one of the essences from garrosh,so I could pick either tier helm of chest. I would have the 4 piece.

any recommendations?

whatever I do I would be trading in 2 warforged pieces for 2 lower level tier pieces. is the 4 piece worth that in MM spec? if so should I go with helm of chest? thoughts.......

I have looked this up one way and down the other and cant come to a conclusion.
View Quote

To be honest, it doesn't matter what piece, right now being MM is a bigger DPS loss.

For Survival (crit then haste): tier helm, shoulder, chest, gloves, non tier piece would be Leggings of Unabashed Anger from Norushen
For Beast (haste then mastery): tier helm, shoulder, gloves, legs, non tier piece would be Chestguard of Relentless Tyranny from Garrosh

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#36]
I was a confirmed hardcore player in Cata. lvl 86 Orc Warlock. I had a few other alts that I was lvling and decided to go healz with a Tauren Shaman. Then the Pc went craptastic, Comcast net was lagging hard, so I bailed and bought a PS3. I am going to buy a new gaming PC in the next few months, so you may see me on in Jan/Feb after hunting season.

I'll let you know when I do so I can join the/a Arf guild.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WoWPro] [#37]
anyone had twinks?(not in the gay manner )

Man, it sucks. I had 3x multiboxed level 29 twinks. Then they removed so what the levelers couldn't  join battlegrounds with the exp locked ppl like me..damn I racked up like 200k kills on them ..LOTSA KILLING , that's when ppl would zone in with white/green maybe a blue gear piece before all these easymode boas came out

I tricked a GM to give me a level 50 quest reward bow..since you know quest items have no level requirement...I had 450 profession on a lvl 29(too bad it was only herb, i should've got skinning for critical but it wasn't until like very late wrath when skinning started to boost crit chance...)

so much energy put in. There was an abuse around it actually, it was easy(they finally fixed it in the end of cattleclysm...it lasted from wotlk-cata). When the que would pop I just stood near the exp eliminator and disable it on everyone. Yea it cost 30 gold per bg visit but it was so worth it. In your face Blizzard. Anyone ever ran into my dudes, they were actually horde. They had lame names like
"reaperirl", "righthandluv" and "thugsta". Give me a break here i was like 14 or 15 when I made em this was the burning crusade so everyone was into these stupid internet names

so much pwnage guys i can post the scoreboards of rage..going 150-0 on every toon low level hunters/hunters in general are pretty retarded

Sometimes I love this new LFR style system or what you can queue from your hometown into battlegrounds
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By WoWPro:
anyone had twinks?(not in the gay manner )

Man, it sucks. I had 3x multiboxed level 29 twinks. Then they removed so what the levelers couldn't  join battlegrounds with the exp locked ppl like me..damn I racked up like 200k kills on them ..LOTSA KILLING , that's when ppl would zone in with white/green maybe a blue gear piece before all these easymode boas came out

I tricked a GM to give me a level 50 quest reward bow..since you know quest items have no level requirement...I had 450 profession on a lvl 29(too bad it was only herb, i should've got skinning for critical but it wasn't until like very late wrath when skinning started to boost crit chance...)

so much energy put in. There was an abuse around it actually, it was easy(they finally fixed it in the end of cattleclysm...it lasted from wotlk-cata). When the que would pop I just stood near the exp eliminator and disable it on everyone. Yea it cost 30 gold per bg visit but it was so worth it. In your face Blizzard. Anyone ever ran into my dudes, they were actually horde. They had lame names like
"reaperirl", "righthandluv" and "thugsta". Give me a break here i was like 14 or 15 when I made em this was the burning crusade so everyone was into these stupid internet names

so much pwnage guys i can post the scoreboards of rage..going 150-0 on every toon low level hunters/hunters in general are pretty retarded

Sometimes I love this new LFR style system or what you can queue from your hometown into battlegrounds
View Quote

If that's not exploiting then I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#39]
thats the whole point of a twink man to get the "best gear for your level"  

be it by glitching, tricking GMs, or just plain dishonesty. Oh well, so be it

i did it at the start of cataclysm when everything was "haywire" , plus alot of GMs were kinda retarded at that time with the new cataclysm dev team/they hired a ton of people. All the knowledgeable people quit/got fired at the end of classic wow-end of woltk so you were left with a bunch of college students who couldnt code their way out of a paper bag and still used thottbot...like i remember asking a GM if a certain recepie is in the game(Shittyclism destroyed the old world, i am pretty sure we all know and removed a shitton of schematics/items/recepies etc)....his reply was what "it is still in the game, can be found, just very rare". JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THE MOB WHICH DROPPED IT IS REMOVED...i knew it was gone just wanted to make sure.

damn man when did you start playing??you didnt twink at all?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#40]
thats the whole point of a twink man to get the "best gear for your level"  

be it by glitching, tricking GMs, or just plain dishonesty. Oh well, so be it

i did it at the start of cataclysm when everything was "haywire" , plus alot of GMs were kinda retarded at that time with the new cataclysm dev team/they hired a ton of people. All the knowledgeable people quit/got fired at the end of classic wow-end of woltk so you were left with a bunch of college students who couldnt code their way out of a paper bag and still used thottbot...like i remember asking a GM if a certain recepie is in the game(Shittyclism destroyed the old world, i am pretty sure we all know and removed a shitton of schematics/items/recepies etc)....his reply was what "it is still in the game, can be found, just very rare". JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THE MOB WHICH DROPPED IT IS REMOVED...i knew it was gone just wanted to make sure.

damn man when did you start playing??you didnt twink at all?
View Quote

That explains why cata sucked so hard.

I've been at this since vanilla, never got into serious twinking.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:31:00 AM EDT
[#41]
anyone going to watch the wow movie?

jk im not that nerdy I cared about that lore stuff maybe in original wow and crusade and that was eons ago. Decided to swing by the main forum

Jesus Christ I hate the new forum they have sucks monkeyballs...idk what happened to the oldschool WC TFT style forum but you cant swear, cant insult blizzard or their CMs, cant write anything negative about their game, etc...best of all YOU CANT POST ANYMORE WHEN YOUR SUB BURNS OUT..

my gf has a chick draeni warrior lvl 90 she is awful and I just don't have time for it to help her out
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Holding aggro as a warrior tank with a "spent 20 minutes on timeless isle" ilevel is just... painful. Ran a few heroics yesterday and I was usually running behind the DPS like "Hey, assholes, let me taunt something!"  

Not a single one of the party died, so whatever, I guess.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Holding aggro as a warrior tank with a "spent 20 minutes on timeless isle" ilevel is just... painful. Ran a few heroics yesterday and I was usually running behind the DPS like "Hey, assholes, let me taunt something!"  

View Quote

I tank as a fury warrior. Then again my ilvl is 587 so.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:

View All Quotes

You can tell I haven't played since early Cata, because your statement makes my brain hurt.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Heroic runs were fun
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#48]
is there anyone that has challenge mode gold experience? Challenge modes are basically the one thing that I havnt ever got around to attempting this expac and want to do before it goes away.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#49]
big patch coming tomorrow morning btw
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#50]
big patch coming tomorrow morning btw
View Quote

Should be intredasting. I can play my Mage as Fire again! Yippee!!
Page / 92
WoW (Page 84 of 92)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top