Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Those of you spreading democracy on PC and using a controller.....which one?  I know, I know, keyboard and mouse master race and all that but I've been using an xbox controller and find it lacking.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

That's one nice thing about the Sickle.  Best scope in the game.  Just a fine crosshair and none of the fluorescent 3rd grader doodle ideas of "future reticle" bullshit.  My biggest gripe about the anti-material rifle is that stupid distracting optic.

I really miss the old days of PC gaming where you could just go into a file directory and swap in your own .bmp for a reticle/aiming point

ETA: I just learned at like level 48 you can turn the reticles to "always on"  I'm like "how are these guys on tiktok hip shooting Berserkers in the face with the revolver"
View Quote

Man, on that level 6 bots those shits were bouncing us everywhere.  They are brutal!

I still cant get used to heavy, or even medium as opposed to wearing light armor for bugs. The stamina drain is huge. I need to find a loadout I Like for bots. Autocannon wont drop the big armored assholes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:17:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#3]
Guido and I knocked them around too though last night

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#4]
You did it without me!?!  

Did you figure out why we couldn’t turn the CPU on with those valves?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:
You did it without me!?!  

Did you figure out why we couldn’t turn the CPU on with those valves?
View Quote

Dude I'm happy to do it again it was a glorious display of Democracy

No I have to think it was just a bug. Anyone else encounter this? Spaniard and I were doing a 710 transfer mission last night and one of the routing stations had an unsolvable puzzle. 2 of the pipes were locked and the ones we could index had like 4 of the same straight pipe connections and one U or something. There was no solution.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Spivey-Tove:
Those of you spreading democracy on PC and using a controller.....which one?  I know, I know, keyboard and mouse master race and all that but I've been using an xbox controller and find it lacking.
View Quote

I'm playing on PC with a PS5 controller, I like it. The game's prompting doesn't match the PlayStation iconography but it hasn't really been an issue when playing. The PS5 controller is connected via USB-C, I suppose wireless might work but it hasn't really bothered me enough to figure out how to make that work.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:30:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#7]
FUCK YES.  I hope I have enough sheckels squirreled away.  ETA: the tweet said "for use against the automatons" which is interesting and makes sense.  It's objective fact that practically any weapon in the game whether primary or stratagem is more effective on bugs than bots, some to greater degrees than others but overall, bugs just die easier.  Which honestly makes perfect logical sense to me.  So if bots are too tough to be fun for most people, and you give us better guns to make it more fun, they'd likely be over powered against bugs.  So just say "limited resources means these assets must be directed to the front that requires them the most" and bingo.  I like it.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:40:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit338] [#8]
Just tried both new weapons on robits - meh.

There was a bug for me on the MG and couldn't get a reticle in 3PS and had to go to the red dot FPS view.  Tons of muzzle climb, so aim low.  Berserkers are a short burst to take down so it's got that going for it.  Reloading is sloooooow and can't be moving.

The quasar is just too damn slow to charge and it's controllability of when it will fire is lacking. Perhaps need more time to figure it out.  OK for stuff far away, unuseable for anything 50m away.
NEW Weapon QUASAR CANNON Showcase in Helldivers 2

Ended up just switching back to the Sickle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh, I forgot; I’ll save you all the trouble. Don’t use or even bother buying the plasma shotgun. It’s like shooting lead filled softballs. It’s absolutely fucking terrible
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Killed more robits,.drop ships, and fabricators with the Quasar and now like it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:

Man, on that level 6 bots those shits were bouncing us everywhere.  They are brutal!

I still cant get used to heavy, or even medium as opposed to wearing light armor for bugs. The stamina drain is huge. I need to find a loadout I Like for bots. Autocannon wont drop the big armored assholes.
View Quote

I did a few rando groups level 7 bots today
Key seems to be quick
Carpet bomb
Autocannon is still awesome, the bigger bots need to be hit in red glowing vents on back

I personally like the DMR as main as well as the EMS mortar

I saw a video that the gas is good on bots as DOT and may prevent drop ships but haven't confirmed yet
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#12]
If the dominator wasn't as slow as the new heavy MG it would be really great for bots.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:18:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:
Killed more robits,.drop ships, and fabricators with the Quasar and now like it.
View Quote

I ran the Quasar all night and I really like it. Wrecking drop ships and spewing robot parts all over the area never got old.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:16:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#14]
I like the quasar cannon, and against bots the charge up time and them constantly causing you to flinch makes it pretty balanced. Haven't used it against bugs but it's probably even better against them as it still one hits chargers and 2 hits titans.

That said if arrowhead decides to nerf it it will instantly become one of the worst weapons.

I started playing with the laser cannon too and I'm still feeling like it's a bit slept on. No drop, massive range, blows up vents on hulks, cannons, and tanks quickly, destroys ATSTs, and can just mince mooks. On frozen planets it's even wilder. I don't bring it all the time but it does put in a good showing, and it and QC are really nice on planets with longer CDs,  jamming, or longer drops for strategems, which the bots love so much.

Heavy machine gun I'm not really feeling the love for. Recoil is insane and the magazine is tiny, even at the lowest RPM.

I still most favor the autocannon for bots, but against bots the shield pack is such a lifesaver that I find myself looking for other options. AMR is still good.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh, I forgot; I'll save you all the trouble. Don't use or even bother buying the plasma shotgun. It's like shooting lead filled softballs. It's absolutely fucking terrible
View Quote
It's actually just as effective as the other shotguns, you just lose out on headshot crits but gain splash damage. It takes 3 shots to kill Stalkers with the Plasma shotgun in the same amount of time as a Breaker unless you're getting all headshots with the Breaker.

Most guns are pretty well balanced (except the marksman rifles), some just "feel" off because of how they deliver the damage. Like the Plasma shotgun we're discussing has a slow projectile and the explosion isn't audibly/visibly impressive.

Another example is the Sickle, which can feel off because there's a slight delay when pulling the trigger.

Here's a good video of the plasma shotgun taking a guy through Helldive difficulty solo and how effective it truly is:

Helldive 9 Diff Solo with Plasma Shotgun & No Stratagems | Purge Hatcheries | HELLDIVERS 2

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#16]
HELLDIVERS 2 METAL SONG || "We Are The Helldivers" Original by @jonathanymusic & @RichaadEB
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
It's actually just as effective as the other shotguns, you just lose out on headshot crits but gain splash damage. It takes 3 shots to kill Stalkers with the Plasma shotgun in the same amount of time as a Breaker unless you're getting all headshots with the Breaker.

Most guns are pretty well balanced (except the marksman rifles), some just "feel" off because of how they deliver the damage. Like the Plasma shotgun we're discussing has a slow projectile and the explosion isn't audibly/visibly impressive.

Another example is the Sickle, which can feel off because there's a slight delay when pulling the trigger.

Here's a good video of the plasma shotgun taking a guy through Helldive difficulty solo and how effective it truly is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yiI7c_pyNU
View Quote

Every time I shot a brood commander is would sidestep from the explosion. I had to re-acquire him 4-5 times. Not something I suggest on suicide mission.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:44:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#18]
Woops wrong thread
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:13:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonKey153] [#19]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
I don't understand why they don't use the sophons to simply destroy humanity immediately.

If it can affect protons and hack everything that's electronic then it can simply fuck up our power grid, banking systems, launch every nation's missiles, disable the internet, tv, cellular, etc.

View Quote

Hmm wrong thread
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I picked this up today and... have no one to play with.

I'm on Steam (username JTA) and I'm in the ARFCOM group.

Word of warning I will most likely suck on ice. I will try not to accidentally kill anyone and will most likely die for democracy so often you'd think I'm the republican party.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
I picked this up today and... have no one to play with.

I'm on Steam (username JTA) and I'm in the ARFCOM group.

Word of warning I will most likely suck on ice. I will try not to accidentally kill anyone and will most likely die for democracy so often you'd think I'm the republican party.
View Quote

Generate a friend code in the social screen and post it here
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Steam Friend Code: 10404699
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I'll add you. I'm a level 40 and I still suck at it, I just suck with better toys.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’m JoeCoastie_ on. Steam. I’ll add you tonight.

A word of advice. You’re going to die, a lot. Just treat the accidental team killing and dumb shit like prison rape and just go with it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#26]

A word of advice. You’re going to die, a lot. Just treat the accidental team killing and dumb shit like prison rape and just go with it.
View Quote

Being the FNG I fully expect to fuck up at least once, most likely with loud report.

Is everyone using comms? I lack a headset so if you need me to do something just yell at me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Being the FNG I fully expect to fuck up at least once, most likely with loud report.

Is everyone using comms? I lack a headset so if you need me to do something just yell at me.
View All Quotes

Comms really make the game come alive. IMHO

I was playing with Kuraki the other day. I found a geological feature in the game and told him to come over. I said, “now, if you throw a grenade in there it gets spicy”. I ran he hesitated. He went sky high. I’m dying laughing. He says yeah, maybe lead the conversation with watch this explode next time!! I said bro, we’re playing Helldivers I figured it was implied
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Shhhh. Just let it happen.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:24:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonKey153] [#29]

I was playing with Kuraki the other day. I found a geological feature in the game and told him to come over. I said, “now, if you throw a grenade in there it gets spicy”. I ran he hesitated. He went sky high. I’m dying laughing. He says yeah, maybe lead the conversation with watch this explode next time!! I said bro, we’re playing Helldivers I figured it was implied
View All Quotes

Imo if you want to play at the high levels, you have to have good coordination with your team. It's really hard to do this playing with randos.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I may go buy a cheap headset before I start playing then...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I may go buy a cheap headset before I start playing then...
View Quote

I have a  Hyper X brand head set. They're sound cancelling and didn't break the bank. They make many models. I think I spent $60. They have a metal band through them which for me was a huge selling point because I have a ginormous head. The previous two sets I had began to get stress fractures in the headband from constantly taking them off and on. Anyway, that's my .02.

not sure if you're on PC or console but they make cheap to high end for both styles.

Here's mine
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#32]
What are you guys chatting on when you play?  The game chat sucks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#33]
What are you guys chatting on when you play?  The game chat sucks.
View Quote

Arfcom discord works great
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Arfcom discord works great
View Quote

Which one? There are dozens because of all the drama over the last 10 years.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't get it I can't tell the difference between game chat and discord
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:08:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#36]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:47:21 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Even using chat headphones, the chat audio comes through the same audio as the game audio, which is really annoying as opposed to something like fortnite where chat audio comes though the headphones and game audio through your speakers.  If you use headphones for game and chat audio I you wouldnt notice.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:31:52 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Game chat works ok for me too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

Hmm wrong thread
View Quote
Weird!

I bet that confused some people lol
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#40]
I ordered a headset that should be here this afternoon.

I remember years and years ago when everyone here was playing Battlefield 3 I was part of that group, and I used to have problems with the old headset I had then. The game audio would come out of my PC speakers and it would cause horrible echoing for everyone else. I had to disable my speakers and only use game audio through the headphones. I had no real issue with both game audio and chat coming through the headphones and I expect this to be the same.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Even using chat headphones, the chat audio comes through the same audio as the game audio, which is really annoying as opposed to something like fortnite where chat audio comes though the headphones and game audio through your speakers.  If you use headphones for game and chat audio I you wouldnt notice.
View Quote

Now I understand. Yeah I pipe everything through my headphones or speakers.

I was playing with some French guys the other day and they'd key their mic open when the character was throwing a grenade and I'd hear their game audio "parle vous a la Grenada we we we" while on my audio "fire in the hole!"
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:48:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gtfoxy] [#42]
Has anyone else noticed since the last patch the mech’s rocket aim is off to the left & you can’t shoot downward say into a hive pit?

It’s annoying as hell.

Originally Posted By M1Lou:

I ran the Quasar all night and I really like it. Wrecking drop ships and spewing robot parts all over the area never got old.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M1Lou:
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:

Originally Posted By Echd:
I like the quasar cannon, and against bots the charge up time and them constantly causing you to flinch makes it pretty balanced. Haven't used it against bugs but it's probably even better against them as it still one hits chargers and 2 hits titans.

That said if arrowhead decides to nerf it it will instantly become one of the worst weapons.

I started playing with the laser cannon too and I'm still feeling like it's a bit slept on. No drop, massive range, blows up vents on hulks, cannons, and tanks quickly, destroys ATSTs, and can just mince mooks. On frozen planets it's even wilder. I don't bring it all the time but it does put in a good showing, and it and QC are really nice on planets with longer CDs,  jamming, or longer drops for strategems, which the bots love so much.

Heavy machine gun I'm not really feeling the love for. Recoil is insane and the magazine is tiny, even at the lowest RPM.

I still most favor the autocannon for bots, but against bots the shield pack is such a lifesaver that I find myself looking for other options. AMR is still good.

Where are you guys seeing those weapons?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:
Has anyone else noticed since the last patch the mech’s rocket aim is off to the left & you can’t shoot downward say into a hive pit?

It’s annoying as hell.

Where are you guys seeing those weapons?
View Quote

The rocket issue was probably a bandaid so you don’t blow yourself up using them. If you turned and fired too quickly pre patch you’d go up in a puff of democracy.

The new weapons are on the stratagem screen
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm afraid they're going to nerf the quasar cannon.  It's more effective against heavies than the pre-nerf rail gun and explosive.  It's easily the best stratagem weapon currently imo.

Anyone using the Scorcher for bots? It's really effective but it seems like the POI/POA shift is just wild. I miss constantly which hurts when you've only got 80 rounds on you.  Compared to the slugger or dominator or DMR it just seems like it's less accurate.

Might be a skill issue
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm afraid they're going to nerf the quasar cannon.  It's more effective against heavies than the pre-nerf rail gun and explosive.  It's easily the best stratagem weapon currently imo.

Anyone using the Scorcher for bots? It's really effective but it seems like the POI/POA shift is just wild. I miss constantly which hurts when you've only got 80 rounds on you.  Compared to the slugger or dominator or DMR it just seems like it's less accurate.

Might be a skill issue
View Quote

I still use the grenade launcher for my stratagem weapon. Tried a lot of other things, but when the bugs get thick, that thing lays down the hate.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#46]

I still use the grenade launcher for my stratagem weapon. Tried a lot of other things, but when the bugs get thick, that thing lays down the hate.
View Quote

Absolutely. You can suppress an entire level 7 bot drop or bug breech with one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Truth. Kuraki knows my love of it as well.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:04:11 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

I hate the nade launcher. Auto cannon is my jam. Bot drops? Mag dump the belly of the ship and watch the bodies drop.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#49]

I hate the nade launcher. Auto cannon is my jam. Bot drops? Mag dump the belly of the ship and watch the bodies drop.
View All Quotes

Yup. Autocannon is divine.  Bug pits, bot factories, spore towers, broadcast towers- no problem
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By notso:

Yup. Autocannon is divine.  Bug pits, bot factories, spore towers, broadcast towers- no problem
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By notso:

If i could legally marry the Autocannon, I would
It's amazing

the bug holes is a bit tricky and the bot factories can be angled down
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top