Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
What's the trick to getting planetary order medal awards?  Do you have to be on planet and actively playing when the order is achieved?  Just in orbit?  I've gotten them when I didn't expect them and haven't gotten any when I did expect them and I can't figure out why/how/what.
View Quote
Planetary order medals?

There are two types of orders: personal and major.

Major orders are community-wide, so everyone gets the rewards when the order is completed. You're supposed to get them when the order is completed, and if you're not actually playing when it completes then you're supposed to get them when you log in next. Sometimes I won't get them until I play and complete a mission however.

Personal orders are just for you solo and you get a new one every day. As soon as you complete them, you're supposed to be rewarded them when you get back to your ship after a mission. Like the major order issues, they sometimes bug out and won't be rewarded until later.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:
One needs to contribute with successful missions at some point when the order is active.  The first day the General Order went live, we did one mission on each of the four planets to make sure we had the box checked and then pretty much ignored the order for future missions/planets and did whatever we wanted.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys, my wife thinks finding Pokémon in a Harry Potter game is more important than administering freedom, is that treason?
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys, my wife thinks finding Pokémon in a Harry Potter game is more important than administering freedom, is that treason?
View Quote

It should probably be reported to the democracy officer to be sure.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Guys, my wife thinks finding Pok mon in a Harry Potter game is more important than administering freedom, is that treason?
View Quote
Suggest giving her a big cup of Liber-TEA!
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

WWGBD?

Always be thinking "what would General Brasch do!
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:23:12 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Treason of the highest degree, report her to the nearest Democracy Officer for reeducation and daily doses of LIBER-TEA!
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]
@Kuraki

my buddy must have killed me 5 times that last game with poorly throw orbitals. he throws them way too close, not just once but everytime.  the armor i have thats 50% resistant to explosive damage saved me a couple of times.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Haha.  He got me but I wasn't counting.  The 3 missions we did was a lot of fun, perfect balance (for me to enjoy the game) in difficulty when we aren't really in danger of being completely wiped out but maybe can't quite clear the map objectives.  

I don't worry to much about friendly fire God knows I've smoked my share. The other day on a tough automaton mission I pulled up to shoot a bot coming up on a teammate who was reloading.  I thought he saw me aiming because he hitched like he'd go around me and then didn't and I shot him right in the face with the punisher from about 2 feet .

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Haha.  He got me but I wasn't counting.  The 3 missions we did was a lot of fun, perfect balance (for me to enjoy the game) in difficulty when we aren't really in danger of being completely wiped out but maybe can't quite clear the map objectives.  

I don't worry to much about friendly fire God knows I've smoked my share. The other day on a tough automaton mission I pulled up to shoot a bot coming up on a teammate who was reloading.  I thought he saw me aiming because he hitched like he'd go around me and then didn't and I shot him right in the face with the punisher from about 2 feet .

View Quote

I yell "Danger close!" And "Broken arrow!" A lot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

I hit the wrong button at a resupply stratagem and melee'd my teammate who came to get ammo.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

I hit the wrong button at a resupply stratagem and melee'd my teammate who came to get ammo.
View Quote

Shit I did that once too, I picked up another guy's gear on accident and having never used the "wheel" to drop an item I was mashing buttons trying to figure it out and butt stoked him  First I stole his shit then I cold cocked him in the face
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#14]
What armor are you guys running? And which do you prefer, Light, Medium or Heavy? Looks like alot of folks are favoring the Light armor suits based off what I have seen.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By wpsharpshooter:
What armor are you guys running? And which do you prefer, Light, Medium or Heavy? Looks like alot of folks are favoring the Light armor suits based off what I have seen.
View Quote

I run the medium with a 50% chance of not dieing, or the light armor with 2 extra stims.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RottenPumpkin:

View Quote

The buddies can tell when I flub a throw by my distressed run.

I had a rando in a squad of ballers last night and he just kept dropping ordnance on us like it was his job. One of the few times I’ve gotten mad at the game.

We’ve been doing a lot is suicide missions and it’s getting super fun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I’m running the medium bone snapper because it has the two extra stims. I feel I go through a lot of them all of a sudden.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:09:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#18]
View Quote

Depends on what the mission is but overwhelmingly I prefer the Light armor.  About the only time I'll wear medium armor when fighting bugs is when you're doing just a "defend this position until you kill XX bugs" since there's basically no where to run and it's the only kind of mission where standing and fighting every swarm is the point.  Of the light armor I will switch between one that is "Fortified" with 50% explosion reduction or the one with 100 Armor like a Medium but maintains 550 speed (and has no other modifiers).  If I'm screwing around solo I'll swear a "Scout" armor that reduces detection range.

Fighting bots I'll wear medium more often and can't decide if I like the one with 50% chance of not dying or the one that's "Fortified" with explosion dmg reduction.  Bots are generally slower than bugs, and you can outrun all of them AFAIK with medium armor, and since they make up for it with ranged attacks, I think the added armor tradeoff for speed is worth it.

I never wear Heavy as it's next to useless IMO.  I find the "speed" factor is more than simply a measure of running speed and it seems to also impact how quickly you can accelerate, dodge, or get up.  And the Heavy armors are like fucking anchors, which would be reasonable if they could actually protect you from damage in an equal amount, but taking 1-2 more hits when you're dog piled and just need to create space to survive is less useful than being able to quickly get up/dive/run.

Heavy might work on difficulty 5 and lower where the number and frequency of spawns is low enough that you can "tank" them, but you get up to 6 or 7 and the number is just too great.

Honestly that might be the most realistic thing about the fighting mechanics.  Space and the ability to create it is the most sure way to stay alive and deliver damage.

Then that goes to equipment, I've gotten to the point where if I'm fighting bugs, I bring a laser rover and if I'm fighting bots, I bring the shield backpack.  Every mission every time.  When I'm mobbed by bugs, whether big, little, everything in between, I run and let the rover thin them out as I do.  I don't need cover, just space, and the rover has infinite ammo and a much longer duration of fire per mag/battery than if you use that same laser as a primary.  The risk of friendly fire or self fire exists but it's an easy tradeoff to make particularly when constant movement helps reduce the chances of it (keep it in "tow" don't let it just float around firing lasers in a 360).

Shield for bots because they fucking shoot rockets at you that will 1 shot you without it.  Lots of rockets.  Self explanatory

ETA: and I finally figured out what all this "meta" talk is.  I thought they were talking about the concept of the word and it was how this generation of gamers were referring to "role players" ie: trying to play their idea of the "story" of the game.  No, it's the complete opposite, an acronym for "most effective tactics available." While chasing that has an inherent appeal to me (the hidden gun stats the devs left hidden so people wouldn't get confused?  Fuck you! I WANT DATA ) it is kind of interesting how the intent of the balance seems to be to make it not matter what you bring as long as you (or your squad) accounts for 2 major things - a way to defeat a small number of high armor high HP enemies and a way to defeat swarms of low armor low hp enemies (and be able to do both at once).

Whether that's this stratagem or that one, once you've quantified it by the above, it doesn't really matter if you pick the recoiless, or expendable, or the rail, etc.  So pick the one you like using the most.  I accidentally dropped into a suicide mission the other day with the liberator and pistol because I forgot about the newbie bug and it was fine.

ETA2: To make heavy armor relevant, I would change things so the Stalwart or the grenade launcher or add new similar weapons that someone wearing heavy armor could select as a primary weapon rather than wasting a stratagem slot.  But it makes no sense to be a tank that can only deal the same damage as everyone else.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:59:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonKey153] [#19]
The light armor with 2 extra Stims. Speed life.

Most of my protection comes from the shield generator. I use it pretty much 100% of the time.

ETA cool technique I saw the other day: tag a bile titan with a resupply marker. Dead.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#20]
The light armor with 2 extra Stims. Speed life.

Most of my protection comes from the shield generator. I use it pretty much 100% of the time.

ETA cool technique I saw the other day: tag a bile titan with a resupply marker. Dead.
View Quote

I've been running around with the expendable anti tank and trying to stick the hellpod marker on chargers.  Sometimes it sticks sometimes it doesn't.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#21]

I've been running around with the expendable anti tank and trying to stick the hellpod marker on chargers.  Sometimes it sticks sometimes it doesn't.
View Quote

Expendable anti-tank is underrated. Should be at least one person on every team with it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
They seem to need to take a hint of damage first. A single impact grenade will make them sticky but a fresh charger will deflect a beacon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#23]
Originally Posted By Ehtacs:
They seem to need to take a hint of damage first. A single impact grenade will make them sticky but a fresh charger will deflect a beacon.
View Quote

Ah interesting.  That actually makes sense if it was purposeful.  Though they seem to play with the "stickiness" of objects.  I swear to god it wasn't long ago and a sentry marker would stick to practically anything and now it bounces and rolls off basically any elevated position that isn't clearly "man made" like a rock outcropping.  Now they roll around like they're on a pool table.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Ah interesting.  That actually makes sense if it was purposeful.  Though they seem to play with the "stickiness" of objects.  I swear to god it wasn't long ago and a sentry marker would stick to practically anything and now it bounces and rolls off basically any elevated position that isn't clearly "man made" like a rock outcropping.  Now they roll around like they're on a pool table.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ehtacs:

I think it's to keep people from camping out on a tall rock and calling in resupply or sentries to the top.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#25]

I think it's to keep people from camping out on a tall rock and calling in resupply or sentries to the top.
View Quote

If the bugs didn't have the ability to magic themselves up onto anything it would make more sense
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#26]

If the bugs didn't have the ability to magic themselves up onto anything it would make more sense
View All Quotes

They've gotten better at that lately.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Running into major glitches still. Buddy and I were running the whole map with arms wide open. Only when we died tdid we go back to normal. Still starting me out as new every time with the reset weapons settings.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Some how I got blasted under the map... Finally found a spot where I could see my characters head sticking out of the ground, but teammates couldnt see me.. So they dropped an orbital on me to kill me... Instead of killing me.. It blew me across the map... It was actually kinda cool... Annoying, because we were racing the clock... But still kinda cool lol
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Some how I got blasted under the map... Finally found a spot where I could see my characters head sticking out of the ground, but teammates couldnt see me.. So they dropped an orbital on me to kill me... Instead of killing me.. It blew me across the map... It was actually kinda cool... Annoying, because we were racing the clock... But still kinda cool lol
View Quote

That’s why I love the game. All the the stupid glitches make it not so serious.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#30]
The other night on 5 most of my regular squad was trying to extract, but we couldn't board the pelican. We could get *in* the pelican, but the extract never triggered. Apparently the extraction beacon hadn't retracted into the ground and the pelican was pithed on it and wouldn't leave. It was the funniest couple of minutes in the game yet with all of us diving into the pelican while extract is swarmed with bugs. We tried killing each other, orbital striking the pelican from standoff and finally quitting the mission one member at a time. Eventually the game crashed on the final guy and we sat around bitching for a couple of minutes before restarting the mission.

New rule, no more cool guy throwing ordinance right before boarding the pelican. It's not the cause of the glitch, but if that had happened it would have been a team kill

I love this game, bugs and all.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I love it so much I'm thinking of making a recruitment poster to put on the bulletin board at work
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I love it so much I'm thinking of making a recruitment poster to put on the bulletin board at work
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Having good success on suicide with randoms using the light machine gun armor that acts like medium, shield bubble, atm, the sickle, 50kg bomb and cluster bomb.  i may change out the 50 for the 110 rocket pods simce the are supposed to penatrate heavy armor.

On the egg destroy missions I was able to take out all 3 sites alone by sprinting right past the guarding bugs, tossing a cluster, then running out and doing a circle around the nest to get the bugs off my ass, then doing it again to finish off the eggs.  If you watch your stamina you can just weave around most of the small and mediums, but you’ll have to kill the chargers at some point cause they dont quit.  thats where the atm and its 70sec cooldown come in handy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes

https://i.postimg.cc/wBYb33PJ/FB-IMG-1710769248014.jpg

Bad ass!
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:04:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#35]
New patch today surprisingly.

They nerfed planetary hazards a little bit, supposedly nerfed enemy spawns appearing right on players, fixed issues with the mech, and various other bug fixes.

Edit: not in the patch notes, but apparently the flying bug nests are now common objectives.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
New patch today surprisingly.

They nerfed planetary hazards a little bit, supposedly nerfed enemy spawns appearing right on players, fixed issues with the mech, and various other bug fixes.

Edit: not in the patch notes, but apparently the flying bug nests are now common objectives.
View Quote

The fuck you mean “flying bug nests”? Oh god. We’re gonna die man. Lol.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:

The fuck you mean “flying bug nests”? Oh god. We’re gonna die man. Lol.

View Quote

This is what we get for taunting Joel online.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#38]

This is what we get for taunting Joel online.
View Quote

I was texting my buddies and it feels like the bots on challenging is way harder than on suicide. Thoughts?

I mean you were there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#39]

I was texting my buddies and it feels like the bots on challenging is way harder than on suicide. Thoughts?

I mean you were there.
View Quote

Hah I didn't say anything but it did seem that way last night.  It makes me think that the perk/booster for reducing enemy spawn rates only works on say difficulty 6-7 and up.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Also I found this today, I was doing it all wrong.  I'll get this squared away tonight.

https://www.howtogeek.com/874711/how-to-use-discord-on-the-playstation-5/
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

The difference in survivability in armor is so small, and the benefits of faster movement so important.  There is almost never a reason to run anything other than light.   They really need to give some benefit to heavy and medium over light, as well as better survivability IMO.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Unless there is a jackass on the team who thinks it's funny to team kill everyone at the drop ship, then not grab any samples and laugh as he disconnects.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SavageSlackie:

Unless there is a jackass on the team who thinks it's funny to team kill everyone at the drop ship, then not grab any samples and laugh as he disconnects.
View Quote

Luckily you can find them on recents and block them
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Skootr:

The difference in survivability in armor is so small, and the benefits of faster movement so important.  There is almost never a reason to run anything other than light.   They really need to give some benefit to heavy and medium over light, as well as better survivability IMO.
View Quote

I made the switch to light last night.. I feel like fkn Forrest Gump running thru Vietnam.. I start running and look back and noone is in sight lol
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Luckily you can find them on recents and block them
View Quote

I wish they'd allow you to join games via recents as I get disconnected or crash far more often than I get kicked.  You'd think they could just make a simple criteria "if kick then no rejoin else..."  I get a little disgusted with the amount of time I've spent on missions only to freeze, disconnect, or crash in the last 5 minutes

Plus if you get into a great squad of randoms I fuckin want back in! Not spend the next 2 hours trying to find another one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:34:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jerrwhy01] [#46]

View Quote

He does and then my rover cuts him in half; it’s a small price to pay for freedom.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#47]
First mission since the patch was a extermination mission, killed all the bugs and it said extraction was available.  Unfortunately it didnt come so we had to wait until the timer ran out and the emergency shuttle came down.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#48]
I spent so much time stomping bugs with the mech I got just swarmed and nearly taken down
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#49]
I spent so much time stomping bugs with the mech I got just swarmed and nearly taken down
View Quote

Last night was great. Lots of friendly fire, the hottest drops and class action lawsuits.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Last night was great. Lots of friendly fire, the hottest drops and class action lawsuits.

View Quote

How did you spread democracy with all the fkn crashes? I got booted 4-5 times
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top