Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By runfrumu:

With them acting like asses and the way they’ve fucked the game up they can shove premium access up their asses after my current one expires.
View Quote

What premium access?  The warbonds will be free to everyone.

Also it's weird to see folks flipping the fuck out after losing 3rds from the breaker, having to get cover with the shield after it breaks, and having a tough time with armored enemies after the rail gun nerf.  I still don't have the rail gun, I used the Expen-AT, and recoiless rifle before I hit 20, and will probably contine to do so along with the spear.  

Shit the game is supposed to be fun, go down in difficulty, you won't get max super samples but you'll still get some and have fun in the mean time.  Also I'm watching streamers one shot bile titans with an unsafe rail gun in the mouth/neck, melt chargers in 3 sec with the flame thrower,  clear hordes with the arc thrower.  I just don't get the outrage, so much cool stuff to do and use.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:29:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#3]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
I tried heavy armor last night against the bots thinking that if they fixed it, it would be ideal since they move slow but have significantly more ranged attacks.  It sure as hell didn't seem like I could take more damage than with the light armor but it absolutely made me slower - not just top speed but even the ability to accelerate (which is realistic, fine) but instead of being able to dive and sprint to get out of a scrum, it's like you're just too fat to move.

I guess that either the devs want the game play to be constantly kiting a train of enemies that can't be tanked at all, or there's more content coming that would satisfy that role.
View Quote
So the way I understand it, yes we're missing content and a bunch of balancing needs to be introduced; however, most people are also playing the game wrong.

It's supposed to be played tactically, like a cross between Metal Gear Solid and Rainbow Six, but in the style of Halo and Destiny. The highest levels are supposed to be played extremely tactically with lots of group communication and running out the full 40+ minutes of missions. I'm not supposed to be doing Helldive solo like I have been, it is supposed to be reserved for the top 1% of full fireteams.

The issue I see is people want to be rewarded, and if playing casually as intended it will take a ridiculous amount of time to unlock the rewards. That's why you see a lot of anger towards the devs when they've been telling people to turn the difficulty down. So until changes are made, the solution we've all come up with is to simple cheese the endgame content: drop in and run past everything, do the objectives, then run past everything on the way out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#4]
They fucked up the enemy spawn rates by having them to frequently and they need to lessen the armor on enemies.
Level 6 was great fun, now it turned into frustrating bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Well just to be clear I'm not angry or outraged.  I always thought it was odd to be playing "suicide" level missions at lower level and not really sweating.

That said I think we have a case of the gaming community developing a culture and expectations around a not quite finished game while not understanding the developers intent for what those expectations and culture should be were the game complete.

So some dissatisfaction is understandable.

Reminds me more and more of Everquest and Sony/Verant constantly muddling with things.  Devs shouldn't forget they achieved overnight success with a huge amount of goodwill with their half finished game, and at a certain point they might think about modifying their plan to better align with what the community wants.

Or not. Their end point might be fantastic and we just don't know it so it's uncomfortable during the in between.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Downloading now.  208457817  TheSpiveyTove
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:57:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#7]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
So the way I understand it, yes we're missing content and a bunch of balancing needs to be introduced; however, most people are also playing the game wrong.

It's supposed to be played tactically, like a cross between Metal Gear Solid and Rainbow Six, but in the style of Halo and Destiny. The highest levels are supposed to be played extremely tactically with lots of group communication and running out the full 40+ minutes of missions. I'm not supposed to be doing Helldive solo like I have been, it is supposed to be reserved for the top 1% of full fireteams.

The issue I see is people want to be rewarded, and if playing casually as intended it will take a ridiculous amount of time to unlock the rewards. That's why you see a lot of anger towards the devs when they've been telling people to turn the difficulty down. So until changes are made, the solution we've all come up with is to simple cheese the endgame content: drop in and run past everything, do the objectives, then run past everything on the way out.
View Quote

Tactical is fine but when a mission is to destroy nests or eggs, the stratagems in the current form don’t make a dent in either, except the orbital laser if it happens to hit an enemy standing on one the two then your only option is to stir the hornets nest. Then it’s an endless parade or getting butt-fucked by chargers and bile titans that you have no way to kill.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Friend code 5112-8350
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#9]
SOTU inspired me.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like a future hot fix will fix the hellish spawn rates of heavies.  Also the EAT and recoiless rifle got an arpen buff

Helldivers 2 New HOTFIX Fixes Everything The Nerf Broke!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I’m frustrated with the new patch, a hard drop two weeks ago is a cake walk compared to a medium now.

I’ve seen a bunch of you have added me I’ll try to get in and drop with you guys when I can but this has caused me to take a step back as it’s not that fun at the moment. Maybe I just need to suck it up for democracy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:58:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigAJ] [#13]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#14]
To unlock the Mech's you gotta buy the stratagem for 20k.

Just did an eradication mission with it. Holy crap so much fun lol!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:
Anyone feel like they did some stuff that wasn't in patch notes?

I was playing with 4 and struggling on Hard last night. More so than on Suicidal pre patch. It wasn't just because of breaker increased recoil...

Heavy spawns seems significantly increased. And drops in general. We were getting swarmed playing bots.
View Quote

I was correct! They secretly increased drop rate and heavy drop rate.

Did a nid eradicate mish last night and the center area was literally covered in nids nut to butt. Couldn't move.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BigAJ:
View Quote

Damn we weren't even close when I logged off last night.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:

I was correct! They secretly increased drop rate and heavy drop rate.

Did a nid eradicate mish last night and the center area was literally covered in nids nut to butt. Couldn't move.
View Quote

So it wasn’t just me. I hopped in to help a couple newbie friends do some missions and I definitely noticed the more constant patrols/randoms engaging us constantly
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:10:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#18]
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:
I’m frustrated with the new patch, a hard drop two weeks ago is a cake walk compared to a medium now.

I’ve seen a bunch of you have added me I’ll try to get in and drop with you guys when I can but this has caused me to take a step back as it’s not that fun at the moment. Maybe I just need to suck it up for democracy.
View Quote

Same.  The update sucked the fun out of it for me.  Ive played 1 full. game in 3 nights.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:52:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#19]
I've been having a lot of fun just playing low level missions with random new players.

I just did a few missions with the ballistic shield and a pistol, and random support stratagems like smoke and EMS. I also gave other people mechs and shields.

Very fun. The ballistic shield doesn't work against melee attacks though nor does it offer protection from anything explosive.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Did a few missions today at Malevon Creek, it was a meat grinder. Had the Mech as a drop, that was a surprise. Also had to duke it out with quite a few tanks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Why is this game so CPU intensive.  I have a a 7700x CPU, and a 4090 GPU.  CPU sits around 70% and GPU at about 55%.  Is it the fucking anti cheat software or piss poor optimization?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Me and Smashing_Pumpkin were playing yesterday and had a decent mission on “experienced” difficulty. We went to extract and got creamed by wave after wave after wave and could never recover.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#23]
#0925-6886
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Really fun game.

Looking through the original Helldivers gives us a glimpse of things to come. Upgraded weapons customization , bayonets, toxic sludge thrower, an armored APC with turret.

Hopefully the devs can keep the momentum up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#25]
For Super Earth! | Helldivers 2
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Rated P for Pizza!
DRILL SERGEANT TAKES OVER HELLDIVERS 2

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:
Rated P for Pizza!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFHJBH4mjcQ
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SavageSlackie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZORE-wxQL18
View Quote

They were spot on for Elden Ring (which was the game that I tried to get back into gaming with) and spot on for Helldivers too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I think the only thing that really bothers me about the game is that there doesn't seem to be any relationship between the cost to obtain a primary and the effectiveness of that primary.  I think I'm just going to bank warbond medals for now as I spent last night playing basically every combo available to me and always end back up with the Breaker Incendiary for bugs or the Punisher for bots.

It's also weird that the Defender subgun has higher damage per round AND a higher mag capacity than basically all of the assault rifles.  Must be a 10mm
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I believe there is a cap of warbond metals at 250.  I lost metals when I hit 250.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SavageSlackie:
I believe there is a cap of warbond metals at 250.  I lost metals when I hit 250.
View Quote
Yup.

Also the new Warbond drops this coming Thursday, and from the leaks it looks like the weapons are pretty good. Definitely try to save up 250 by Thursday
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:56:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah I found that cap the hard way.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I played with the boys last night and actually had fun. We played on extreme and it was pure mayhem. Bugs everywhere.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Just picked it up this weekend, been an absolute blast. Now if only they fix the PC-PS5 friends issue.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I think I'm just not very good at this game
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

its stupid hard right now.  especially the automatons.  its literally run, strategem, run, repeat over and over.  Guns are pointless in it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Made up a little graphic of capped amounts by samples, medals, space cash, etc.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 1:40:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Nice thanks that's handy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 7:30:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Played a bot mission on impossible over the weekend. The last of the 3 missions we were at extract and only one guy made it on the ship.

I got dropped back in while the pelican was on the ground, landed on the extract platform and there were so many bots i literally couldn't see the pelican. I got smoked within seconds.

But...unlocked Helldive difficulty!
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

I think it was you who wanted to do a hard drop on the bots…….

Glad I’m not the only one that sucks lol.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

We should party up. Suck squad!

Wait... that sounded cooler in my head.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RottenPumpkin:

We should party up. Suck squad!

Wait... that sounded cooler in my head.
View Quote

I sent a request…… kuraki and I were getting slaughtered.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Anything above difficulty 4 is not fun for me. It's way too sweaty.

On a related note, the CEO and a dev were spotted playing a level 6 mission. They failed it (and it was prepatch when the game was easier!).

The Actual Helldivers 2 CEO Joined My Lobby...

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Haha that's true.

I tell you what though, it sure makes achieving the mission sweeter when it initially appears like you have no fucking chance.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Anything above difficulty 4 is not fun for me. It's way too sweaty.

On a related note, the CEO and a dev were spotted playing a level 6 mission. They failed it (and it was prepatch when the game was easier!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJs_kqHrzzQ
View Quote

that's funny.

I wasn't level 20 pre patch and never had the rail gun, though I picked up one of StompaHippies once, and on safe mode it seemed like you had to be very specific where you aimed on things like chargers, but you didn't necessarily have to strip the leg armor to kill it.  

But now I can't even see that it has any effect on them at all.  I did see a vid yesterday of a guy roasting them with a flamethrower and killing them seemingly quickly but I'm still not convinced that a charger on level 3 is the same amount of armor/hp/durability as one on 6, and all of those demo videos are obviously on level 2 or 3 to maintain some semblance of control over the environment.

I think they nerfed the Orbital railgun too, because that was one-shotting bile titans when I first unlocked it, now it takes 2.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Updated sample/medals/etc. limits graphic
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:22:28 AM EDT
[#48]
The whole family started playing last week.

It’s been pretty fun.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:31:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

View Quote
Report to your nearest Democracy Officer for reeducation training immediately!
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:36:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Nice patch this morning!

Attachment Attached File

Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top