Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Diablo IV (Page 4 of 30)
Page / 30
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#1]
No legendary drops yesterday. Get 3 today in 2 hours. One of those was a 2h great word from the idol vendor.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Hit 48 last night and nearing the end of Act 3.

World Tier 2 feels like "standard" difficulty. Really looking forward to T3 and some more challenge.

Story starts slow in my opinion and then starts getting interesting.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:
Amazing how much stuff there is to do in this game. Level 27 now and have barely scratched the surface of the game. Still have a bunch of stuff to do in fractured peaks.
View Quote

im 32 and still in the peaks. just doing side quests and a few of the main quests. i started donans quest line but then backtracked to earlier content.
just got home from work and kids going to a baptism so some free game time coming soon
if anyone around 30-35 wants to team up im willing to try but not sure how good multiplayer is with necro
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 3:58:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Larsonous] [#4]
boooooooooo

first death level 35 to the butcher in a cave

also just had first crash
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Never knew this. Taking an imprint off a weapon and putting it on another, turns that second weapon into a legendary ( I put the imprint on a yellow )
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:

I'll have to play around with that.
View Quote

Had a 52% basic skill attack rate I didn't want to lose. Removed it from the outdated legendary, put it on a yellow weapon, and got a legendary in return.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#9]
My barbarian is super happy.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#10]
My barbarian is super happy.

https://i.imgur.com/FPcRBX5.jpg
View Quote

That’s a nice drop.  Those ones that add skills for using a skill just delete mobs.

I made a huge mistake by not reading my werebear guide correctly.  I’m supposed to be using a single hander and a totem.  I’ve been using a two hander.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:

I'll have to play around with that.
View Quote

You lose it if it’s an imprint and not from the codex of aspects. You can only extract it once.

You can reuse your codex on items as long as you have the mats and money.

So go to wowhead or icy veins and figure out which dungeon has the aspect and farm it from completing the dungeon and you have it forever.  Unless you’re wanting to only use it once.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

That’s a nice drop.  Those ones that add skills for using a skill just delete mobs.

I made a huge mistake by not reading my werebear guide correctly.  I’m supposed to be using a single hander and a totem.  I’ve been using a two hander.
View Quote

I made a similar mistake by having a 2hb as my whirlwind weapon. It needs to be a slashing weapon. Oops!

My next character will be my main char. It will be a druid. I found a guide for it and it lets you be a werewolf full time. You need 3 specific items for the build to work though.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Is anyone in this thread the owner of the Arfcom clan? I'm on PS5 and have joined, but it might be nice to list the consoles/PCs and each member.

I am destroying everything with my Wearbear/Pulverize Druid build.

PS5/Battlenet ID:saonmyway#1603
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:17:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#14]
Finally! Act one completed. I'm level 39.5 and have only been going after Lilith statues.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#15]

I made a similar mistake by having a 2hb as my whirlwind weapon. It needs to be a slashing weapon. Oops!

My next character will be my main char. It will be a druid. I found a guide for it and it lets you be a werewolf full time. You need 3 specific items for the build to work though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, the other druid builds have me curious.  I’ll probably respec at some point just to play around with the others and see which one I like the most.

The werebear is fun, pulverize build is like artillery going off.  You basically charge and pulverize and then you’re suddenly standing in gold, items and health orbs.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Yeah, the other druid builds have me curious.  I’ll probably respec at some point just to play around with the others and see which one I like the most.

The werebear is fun, pulverize build is like artillery going off.  You basically charge and pulverize and then you’re suddenly standing in gold, items and health orbs.
View Quote

Will have to look into that for a leveling build.

Pro tip: Not sure if the game bugged out, but I just got a challenge completed for completing a dungeon in under 2 minutes. What I did, right before the boss of an instance, I just ported out to sell and ported back in. Killed the boss and it popped for me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#18]
50 Druid. Tried 3 different builds so far, I like the rabid build.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 1:11:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JVD:
50 Druid. Tried 3 different builds so far, I like the rabid build.
View Quote
52 Druid. First build was a storm built that had awesome damage output, but he was a bit too squishy. Latest is the werebear/pulverize build and it straight up wrecks everything. Add in bulwurks and death is a very rare occurrence with Elites or Bosses.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 2:34:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mkboog:
Is anyone in this thread the owner of the Arfcom clan? I'm on PS5 and have joined, but it might be nice to list the consoles/PCs and each member.

I am destroying everything with my Wearbear/Pulverize Druid build.

PS5/Battlenet ID:saonmyway#1603
View Quote

i saw you on yesterday. ps5 also.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 2:35:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Larsonous] [#22]
Finally! Act one completed. I'm level 39.5 and have only been going after Lilith statues.
View Quote

i found 2 of the 28 in the first area so far

ETA ran into  butcher twice so far act 1. killed him  first time but second he killed minions faster than i could summon.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 7:45:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Found every Altar of Lilith. Now I can finally play the game

Also hit 50. Leaving my shred druid build in the dust and going to the popular pulverize build. The shred build was ok, but killing everything with poison (DOT's) isn't as fun as big instant hits. The wolf companions were also getting killed way too often with the tougher enemies.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Larsonous:

i found 2 of the 28 in the first area so far

ETA ran into  butcher twice so far act 1. killed him  first time but second he killed minions faster than i could summon.
View Quote

What I'm using to find them. Just click altars of Lilith on the list to the left.  https://diablo4.wiki.fextralife.com/Interactive+Map
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 11:24:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#25]
Finally got the pulverize build together after clearing some dungeons for the aspects.

Boy was it slow getting it started without all the proper aspects

Fun seeing everything in front of be get demolished, but now I'm bored already because of how simple it is compared to the shred build. Oh well, gonna stick with it and get as far as possible until the first season starts. Here's to hoping whatever special armor set and abilities the first season brings makes a more fun build to be the meta.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I port into town and notice my stash has a ! on it. I run over and it seems I missed looting a legendary. Was able to click the item and claim it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I port into town and notice my stash has a ! on it. I run over and it seems I missed looting a legendary. Was able to click the item and claim it.
View Quote

Yep, they will show up there in your chest on their own tab if you miss them in the dungeon or whatever.  Nice feature.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 11:22:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#28]
Act 2 statues and main quests completed. Act 3 statues are all done, but one. It's locked behind the main campaign, I guess. Will do act 3 campaign and act 4 statues tomorrow. Going to do all the side quests after I beat the game. Hit level 50 and doing paragon now. Some nice perks in there.

Originally Posted By IL2windhawk:

Yep, they will show up there in your chest on their own tab if you miss them in the dungeon or whatever.  Nice feature.
View Quote

Very nice feature!
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:13:31 AM EDT
[#29]
damn im level 45 in act 1 still. i just found a very nice necro amulet. skellies take 26% less damage if you have 7 or more summoned. i have 10 plus a blood golem.
got all act 1 statues and most of the side quests done. most dungeons done too.

Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Just finished the campaign last night after bee-lining it, lvl. 40 now using an  arc lash sorcerer build.

Went into the game blind, wasn't planning on picking it up for some time but changed my mind and pulled the trigger Friday evening.

Looking forward to all the side stuff, did a little during the more slogfest parts of the campaign and enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Completed Act 3 and started Act 4.  Getting the mount is an absolute quality of life improvement.

Has anyone found a guide for when/where the Gathering Legions events happen?  One kicked off this morning but seemed to be gated (maybe based on act completion, I don't know) behind the Road to Caldeum.  Basically I could ride up to the gates but couldn't open the gates.  The map is also acting screwy in that area.  I can discover more map but the moment I go back to a waypoint the map goes back to being obscured to me.

PC/Battlenet ID:  Saurel#1481
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#32]
My only complaints with the game so far:

Music is lacking. Up until act 3 it was more like sounds effects than music.

Finish a long dungeon. Well, fuck you. We'll disable the exit dungeon function and you're walking back out.

Armor /weapon drops. Items, no matter the quality are 10 levels or more lower than your character.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:07:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#33]

Armor /weapon drops. Items, no matter the quality are 10 levels or more lower than your character.
View Quote
That's a major issue but only a problem for new characters before level 50 and WT3.

Once I hit level 50 and unlocked WT3, loot at or near my level became the norm.

For alts it's not an issue because you can keep your gear somewhat current by upgrading at the blacksmith and always buying vendor gear, since your gold and materials carry over.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#34]
My only complaints with the game so far:

Music is lacking. Up until act 3 it was more like sounds effects than music.

Finish a long dungeon. Well, fuck you. We'll disable the exit dungeon function and you're walking back out.

View Quote

I've always been able to either fast travel back the to beginning of the dungeon or hit the down D pad to go back to town. Does that change in late game?
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

I've always been able to either fast travel back the to beginning of the dungeon or hit the down D pad to go back to town. Does that change in late game?
View Quote

Some dungeons, you can't use the fast travel option. It's only been 3-4 so far and I'm in act 3.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:50:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#36]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
That's a major issue but only a problem for new characters before level 50 and WT3.

Once I hit level 50 and unlocked WT3, loot at or near my level became the norm.

For alts it's not an issue because you can keep your gear somewhat current by upgrading at the blacksmith and always buying vendor gear, since your gold and materials carry over.
View Quote

How do you unlock WT3?  I'm 50, almost 51 and stuff is still dropping at the 40 level.

EDIT: NM found it. Complete the Cathedral of Light dungeon in Kyovashad, on WT2.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Some dungeons, you can't use the fast travel option. It's only been 3-4 so far and I'm in act 3.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Ah gotcha, I haven't got that far then.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Holy shit! Hit 51 and can't even beat a fortress on WT1. Everything just ramped up so fast.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Holy shit! Hit 51 and can't even beat a fortress on WT1. Everything just ramped up so fast.
View Quote

I'm at 41...sit tight and I'll group up with you.

I'm pretty sure 2 pulverize druids will break the game.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#40]

I'm at 41...sit tight and I'll group up with you.

I'm pretty sure 2 pulverize druids will break the game.
View Quote

I passed that fortress on. Had no issues with the next one.

Made it to act 4 and all but 3 statues done.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Important tip to all: save all your gems. Put them in your stash. Don't worry about upgrading the weaker gems if you don't need to, just save them.

Right now the gems are capped at Royal quality (level 60). However, there are confirmed to be 3 additional tiers of gems in the game that are currently locked. So once they're unlocked you'll need the gems to upgrade to the final tiers.

Assuming the upgrade paths stay the same (3 of the lesser gems = upgrade), you'll essentially need 243 Rubies, or 81 Flawless Rubies, or 27 Royal Rubies, in order to make just 1 of the highest tier gems.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 8:48:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#43]
Level 52, last part of act 5, all but one stronghold done. All but 5 statues done ( 3 are blocked off by quest progression in the swamp, last 2 in Caldeum )

Paragon is helping . Up to 60% physical bonus damage. Will have to try that last stronghold again. Not even doing events anymore for idols. Everything I buy with them is still 10 levels under me and useless.

EDIT: Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:27:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#44]
I hate poison based enemies.  I'm just going to explode in a puddle of poison goo so you can't hit me without damaging yourself.

ETA:  As someone mentioned on page 2, I kept it at WT1 until the end of Act 4 and increased it to WT2 for Act 5.

I'm finding that my gear is so comparatively bad, that I've just started farming the event outside of Kyvoshad for obols instead of completing the Act.  I've got some nice gear now though and should be ready to take on the rest of the campaign.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#45]
WT3 (Nightmare) is feeling like a proper Diablo for me now. Thinking of changing out my bone spear necro for a blood minion one though, just to give it a try
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 3:12:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#46]
My 32 gig of ddr4 ram arrived today. 4K monitor should be here tomorrow. Lets see how bad this beats up my 3080.

Also bought faster ram. Had 2666 in my PC when I bought it and went up to 3200.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 3:51:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IL2windhawk] [#47]
RIP my hardcore sorc build.  Level 42
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Ouch!
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Just saw a post today of someone who died at level 99 on hardcore. If that makes you feel any better lol.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm starting again with Rogue.  Very different play style means I'll probably die again soon

But I like the character.  More aggressive than sorc.  "Best defense is strong offense" sort of character.
Page / 30
Diablo IV (Page 4 of 30)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top