Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Diablo IV (Page 29 of 30)
Page / 30
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#1]
With a new season kicking off next week I have no idea what class I'm going to try this time.

I ran a Druid on eternal and loved it's survivability.  Did a Necro for season 1 and it was ok.  Did the Sorcerer for season 2 and absolutely loved it.  So, for season 3 I guess it's down to Barb or Rogue.  Leaning Barb since I am not a great player with my trackball and hitting a lot of keys that are not the ones I want to hit.  A one button toon is what I need.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By svt40:
With a new season kicking off next week I have no idea what class I'm going to try this time.

I ran a Druid on eternal and loved it's survivability.  Did a Necro for season 1 and it was ok.  Did the Sorcerer for season 2 and absolutely loved it.  So, for season 3 I guess it's down to Barb or Rogue.  Leaning Barb since I am not a great player with my trackball and hitting a lot of keys that are not the ones I want to hit.  A one button toon is what I need.
View Quote

Unless they really nerf the heck out of Overpower, Hammer of the Ancients Barb will be a good option.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ParityError:

Unless they really nerf the heck out of Overpower, Hammer of the Ancients Barb will be a good option.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yep,  stupid simple.  When it's set up right it's a 2 button machine of death.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Barb it is.

Of course I say that now and watch them nerf the snot outta it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Per the livestream today, overpower is being nerfed, as is Hammer of the Ancients.

So, sorry to the above comments lol.

No patch notes yet but other things being nerfed: sorcerer's ball lightning, rogue extra combo points, twisting blades & poison imbue interactions, and druid's blurred beast aspect.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like the overpower nerf was very mild, so HotA should still be viable.

No way to tell how badly Ball Lightning is getting nerfed as they don't give numbers.

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Still gonna do Barb this time.  Won't miss what I never knew about.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Still gonna do Barb this time.  Won't miss what I never knew about.
View Quote

You'll enjoy HOTA even if they cut the damage by half,  it'll still straight up fuck shit up with no effort on your part.

I'm thinking I might give Druid a go this time around.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PinePig:

You'll enjoy HOTA even if they cut the damage by half,  it'll still straight up fuck shit up with no effort on your part.

I'm thinking I might give Druid a go this time around.
View Quote

Apparently Charge is getting a huge buff. So it might fit into HotA now, or some other build. Rend is getting a boost as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I took am thinking barb this time, it's the only class I haven't tried at all.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#12]
So, the theorycrafters have been at their slide rules.  There is a range of results from about 12% to 20% in their HotA overpower nerf estimates.  Applying this to my Eternal realm HotA Barb, I'll still have the damage to one-shot Duriel about half the time (needs an Overpower Crit but it is easy to time the amulet buff to guarantee an overpower when we spawns), and guaranteed one shot Varsh, Zir, Grigore, and Beast in the Ice.

Meteor Sorc with the new unique is going to be a pretty good build - with enough Lucky Hit it appears the Meteor and Firewall enchantments will trigger each other for a self-sustaining screen full of fire.

Of course, there will be some unexpected bugs / synergies that will produce some OP builds as the season goes on.

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Maxroll.gg has started to list some Season 3 builds and their leveling / endgame tier lists.  They still rate HotA as A tier (leveling) and S tier (endgame)
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
I haven't played as of late. I bought RDR2 and I have been working through it.
View Quote

I have yet to finish RDR2.  I picked up Ark a few weeks ago and Palworld yesterday.  Palworld so far as been a huge surprise with how much fun it is.  Although I feel bad beating all these cutesy creatures down with a baseball bat, but, I need that meat for dinner!  It's like Ark meets pokemon.  

I also picked up Boat Crew.  It's basically a better version of Bomber Crew but on a PT boat.  When I say better, I mean no micromanaging the crew.  They know their jobs and they do them without you taking control.  It's fun as hell and at the same time frustrating as hell.  

For example:  I'd finally gotten my crew levelled up to mostly 3-4 stars and had a squadron of PT boats equipped with twin .50 mounts and single BOFORs.  My boat had twin .50 mounts and Mk8 torpedoes.  During an island landing I was helping to defend, an IJN destroyer showed up and just wrecked us.  My boat was sinking and half the crew was blown overboard.  But they got the boat repaired enough to get back underway while the destroyer was fighting other ships.  I turned and fired both my torps at him and tried to run but he rained hellfire upon me and I sank almost immediately.  Lost my well trained crew and my squadron.  I did get the last laugh though as I went back with my green crew and sank the IJN destroyer with a pair of Mk8 torps while he was docked!
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#16]
S3 start time is 1pm EST today. Patch is scheduled to hit an hour before.

I can't play until after I put my kids down to bed tonight
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Patch file is up on PS5.

Decided to play Druid to start the season.  Even if it turns out the lightning storm build sucks, Pulverize is fun.  Big Angry Bear smash everything.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 7:27:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#18]
I got stuck at work so I only got to play for 10 minutes before I needed to sleep

Reddit seems to be very disappointed in this season. It's still super early and I'm pretty limited on gaming time this week and next, but from what I'm hearing I hope they have more stuff planned for this season.

I'm reading that the new trap mechanics essentially nullify minion/companion builds because the traps kill them quickly. Also lots of mixed reviews on the new seasonal companion's powers.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
I got stuck at work so I only got to play for 10 minutes before I needed to sleep

Reddit seems to be very disappointed in this season. It's still super early and I'm pretty limited on gaming time this week and next, but from what I'm hearing I hope they have more stuff planned for this season.

I'm reading that the new trap mechanics essentially nullify minion/companion builds because the traps kill them quickly. Also lots of mixed reviews on the new seasonal companion's powers.
View Quote

I haven't had an issue with Druid companions (the lightning storm leveling build uses them for the Shepherd's imprint).
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#20]

I haven't had an issue with Druid companions (the lightning storm leveling build uses them for the Shepherd's imprint).
View Quote

The only problem I have is the Druid is just painful to level,  damn it's slow.

I've been watching a few vids on YT,  the charge barb looks real good.  I may end up re-rolling before I get to far.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Jumped on after 3-4 months. I lost interest when Vyeresz stronghold glitched out (the door wouldn't open). Holy heck, the server was a ghost town. Only four of us for the World Boss event. It was Eternal Realm, but still..
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Boy the official forums and subreddit sure are salty about the game. I'm over here enjoying the tremors to level and only just got to WT3 today. I tried a couple vaults and I thought they were a pretty good challenge

Originally Posted By Scalped:
Jumped on after 3-4 months. I lost interest when Vyeresz stronghold glitched out (the door wouldn't open). Holy heck, the server was a ghost town. Only four of us for the World Boss event. It was Eternal Realm, but still..
View Quote

If you're dead set on playing eternal, you gotta wait until after the first week of the season or so before people go back to their eternal characters.

However, now the leaderboards are being introduced to seasonal so they might not go back.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#23]
damn i missed the whole season playing armored core. that was 1 long ass platinum.
lies of p now then soon i have to get the first dlc for remnant 2
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Got the barb up to level 42 last night.  Still in WT1.  For me the barb seems to be hit or miss so far.  One minute I am killing stuff with ease and hardly getting touched.  Two levels later I am barely killing stuff and going through potions like crazy in the exact same area of the map.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Boy the official forums and subreddit sure are salty about the game. I'm over here enjoying the tremors to level and only just got to WT3 today. I tried a couple vaults and I thought they were a pretty good challenge

If you're dead set on playing eternal, you gotta wait until after the first week of the season or so before people go back to their eternal characters.

However, now the leaderboards are being introduced to seasonal so they might not go back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I think I just observed a symptom of the game's diminished user base. I jumped on around the same time after the first season was released last year, and Eternal servers were popping. Oh, well
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:48:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: svt40] [#26]
So far it seems that ranged DPS will have an advantage this season.  Too many traps and crap for melee to work effectively when a ranged toon can sit in a safe spot and kill everything.

Has me re-thinking the barb.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Pretty decent patch dropped. NOTES
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Pretty decent patch dropped. NOTES
View Quote

Good deal. The hitbox fix especially for the floor traps. They actually hit beyond the visual image of the trap.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:57:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#29]
People are finally figuring out how powerful you can be this season. This stone alone is absolutely nuts:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Flash of adrenaline is working very nicely with my Lightning storm build. Managed to scrape together 3 Durial runs and found someone to kill him.  Got the build enabling Tempest Roar.

HotA barb is still very viable, by the way. I can still one-shot Duriel with mine in eternal :)

Just hit level 82. Druids definitely level slowly.

Fire Sorcerer seems to be the new Ball Lightning. Just melts stuff.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:22:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PinePig] [#31]
Flash of adrenaline is working very nicely with my Lightning storm build. Managed to scrape together 3 Durial runs and found someone to kill him.  Got the build enabling Tempest Roar.

HotA barb is still very viable, by the way. I can still one-shot Duriel with mine in eternal :)

Just hit level 82. Druids definitely level slowly.

Fire Sorcerer seems to be the new Ball Lightning. Just melts stuff.
View Quote

I think I'm 78 now,  yep the druid is a slow level,   I got the Staff of Chrone last night once I could kill Varshon and had the ammy that spins boulders around you drop natural.   I need to make the Bullwurk build today,  need to find a few more Barrier gen pieces.  I used it on season 1 and it was pretty good,  really quick and damn near un-killable.  It should be neat adding in the boulders and making it the druid ball lightning build with rocks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#32]
The robot companion is getting buffed Thursday, and there’s a Chinese new year event coming next week with some nice buffs to shrines and exp.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#33]
By the way, particularly if you have some AOE chops, nightmare vaults are the way to go for power leveling.  Way higher mob density than a regular NMD.

Add in the +20% exp from the seasonal blessings, pop a random potion for +5% more exp, and watch the experience bar climb.  ::)
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Popped into WT3 last night.  Did a Helltide and the barb was wrecking stuff.  No idea why I felt more powerful in WT3 than I did in WT2.  Got a few chests replaced a few slots and went to bed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Got fed up trying to kill beast in the ice with lightning storm. So slow.

Respecced to Pulverize and killed him a couple times - and the gloves finally dropped.

So… respecced back to lightning storm. It is definitely better with the gloves.

If anyone needs capstone help or anything, hit me up.  Lightn8ng storm is slow killing bosses, but it speed clears dungeons like crazy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:54:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ParityError] [#36]
Ignore this if you he no interest in Lightning Storm Druids.

I've been following the Maxroll.gg build https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/lightning-storm-druid-guide#endgame-progression-&-variants-header.  This build respecs a few times as it grows, ending with the late endgame build above.  

Once I specced into it, and had decently rolled Tibault's, Tempest Roar, Mad Wolf's, and Ascetic Wraps, this final variant is actually pretty decent against bosses, but as built was really hard to manage spirit.  So I dumped Poison Creeper for a generator. Viola, what a difference.  Oh, and a wellrolled Symbiotic to keep Earthen Bulwark available for spirit and defense.

The big bonus from Petrify makes bosses melt now. :)

Another thing that helps is to channel Lightning storm until it get full size, then tap rapidly on the button for faster casts.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 4:42:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: svt40] [#37]
I feel so far behind on this season.  Barb is just painful after having a BL sorcerer.  Just dinged 57 last night.  Picked up two random uniques I've never heard of from somewhere. 100,000 Steps and Ramaladni's Magnum Opus. Both are living in the bank since neither seems worth using for me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 8:02:25 AM EDT
[#38]
No idea why but my graphics are so much better after yesterday's patch.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Picked up Ancestral Charge aspect last night and it was a game changer for the barb build.  Went from slogging through masses of mobs to outright slaughtering them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Picked up Ancestral Charge aspect last night and it was a game changer for the barb build.  Went from slogging through masses of mobs to outright slaughtering them.
View Quote

Nice - it's always cool when you find the build enabling aspect / item.

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I feel so far behind on this season.  Barb is just painful after having a BL sorcerer.  Just dinged 57 last night.  Picked up two random uniques I've never heard of from somewhere. 100,000 Steps and Ramaladni's Magnum Opus. Both are living in the bank since neither seems worth using for me.
View Quote

I miss BL sorc, too. But if we’re honest, it was pretty broken. :)
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll be on for a bit if anyone needs capstone or boss runs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll be on for a bit if anyone needs capstone or boss runs.
View Quote

Wish I was home. I'm still gunning for Uber Lilith
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Wish I was home. I'm still gunning for Uber Lilith
View Quote

Well, the good news is I have the power to burn her down very fast.

The bad news is that she apparently can no longer be phased before she does the wave thing, so thusfar I bring her down.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

When it starts working good it really works.

I've tried several different Druid builds so far and keep going back to Pulverize,  I'm just short a piece or two on all the rest and like your issue they just suffer with a key piece or two missing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:35:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By PinePig:

When it starts working good it really works.

I've tried several different Druid builds so far and keep going back to Pulverize,  I'm just short a piece or two on all the rest and like your issue they just suffer with a key piece or two missing.
View Quote

Let me know if you need some bosses killed for item farming. Godslayers, Banished lords, and a decently rolled Insatiable fury really make Pulverize shine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Dinged 70 this weekend and got into WT4.  Guess I could have gotten to WT4 sooner as the capstone was nowhere near as hard as I had it in my head.  

So, I guess I can now join in the boss farming goodness.

I did do a lot of tree/season combo NMD vaults this weekend.  Is it just me getting the Son of Malphas AND the Butcher in these runs?  The Butcher has been easy so far, but the SoM takes me a while to kill.  But I've only done NMD T16 so far.

What level NMD vault do you start getting more than the 4 and 1 ward chests?  I usually get 20 wards so I can be stupid and still get something at the end.  Usually end the dungeon with 9-16 wards depending on the make up of the final fight room.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#48]
i started a Barb for this season. i'm level 27 now. i am definitely enjoying Barb more now than i did at launch.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Dinged 70 this weekend and got into WT4.  Guess I could have gotten to WT4 sooner as the capstone was nowhere near as hard as I had it in my head.  

So, I guess I can now join in the boss farming goodness.

I did do a lot of tree/season combo NMD vaults this weekend.  Is it just me getting the Son of Malphas AND the Butcher in these runs?  The Butcher has been easy so far, but the SoM takes me a while to kill.  But I've only done NMD T16 so far.

What level NMD vault do you start getting more than the 4 and 1 ward chests?  I usually get 20 wards so I can be stupid and still get something at the end.  Usually end the dungeon with 9-16 wards depending on the make up of the final fight room.
View Quote

In WT3 they have 2 chests - 1 and 4 ward.
In WT4 they have 3 chests - 1, 4, and 10 ward.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#50]
lvl 34 Barb. using a HOTA build with Charge. found an amulet with a power to have 4 ancients appear and Charge with you when you use Charge. helped out greatly at my low level.
Page / 30
Diablo IV (Page 29 of 30)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top