Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2017 8:40:25 AM EDT
Anyone playing/has played this? It's currently in early access alpha, slated to be released officially in August. I bought it during the steam sale and have managed to survive 6 days so far with one really close call (3% health, first stage hypothermia and zero sleep). I'm playing on normal difficulty (Voyager), have not found any weapons other than rocks.

My first time playing I survived 1 day before I died.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Fantastic game. I have a save where I'm 15 days in. I play a day every now and again.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Very good game. I have been playing since it was first released. Hinterland has made good on continual updates and improvements. 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have it and I love it. Steam says I have 100 hours played though I think a lot of that was AFK. It's the best survival game out there. I can't wait for the release of story mode. If survival games interest you at all you should own this game. It's one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:23:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I love the game.  My only real complaint is that I wish that time passed by in REAL TIME.  It is accelerated.

There could always be more stuff added later.  Maybe a flashlight, revolver, snow shoes, canned mixed vegetables, flashlight, etc...
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:32:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love the game.  My only real complaint is that I wish that time passed by in REAL TIME.  It is accelerated.

There could always be more stuff added later.  Maybe a flashlight, revolver, snow shoes, canned mixed vegetables, flashlight, etc...
View Quote
There's no electricity. I hope the game will eventually be modable for things like the timescale. I also hope they release a forest sequel/DLC or something.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought it a long time ago and had a couple fun weekends with it.  Good for explorer / survival types.

If they have been updating it continually there should be a lot of new stuff since I last played.  /r/thelongdark says 1.0 is coming out in August so I'll have to catch up!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I made the case to hinterland to put in a sidearm for the bush pilot. Quoted canadian laws that would allow such things but it didnt fit with what they were trying to make. Ive been playing it like mad since it was first out on early access and had some 200+ day games. Looking forward to august 1st 8D

Living in the sweaty hot hell that is florida, i like to stay up late on friday nights, turn the air down, and play TLD till the sun comes up. I really get lost in the snowy wonderland they have created.

I've been playing a modded interloper game and keeping a (role playing) journal.
Here is a click through.
https://youtu.be/Lww4X-gxx3k
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Tomorrow is 8-1-17. We'll finally get to see the final version.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it time to go home yet so I can play The Long Dark?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Started a new sandbox today. I wont have time for storymode till saturday night.
Looking for auroras and whatnot but only got about 10 minutes of game time today.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:26:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I got stuck in a near death loop for a while in the freaking dark thanks to a wolf. Found out you could sleep in cars (dunno if this is new but I'm a veteran player haha) and BARELY managed to get back on my feet and I'm in a church now. Story mode is pretty interesting so far. I'm really liking it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Is this game worth the current Steam price of 31ish dollars?

I want to try it but not sure if I should wait for a sale or not.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#13]
If you are into unforgiving cold weather survival as a game then yes. Ive gotten a lot of hours of play time in sandbox mode alone. Watch some youtube to see if its for you.

Knowing what I do about the game, if I didn't own it right now, I would buy it right now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 3:00:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is this game worth the current Steam price of 31ish dollars?

I want to try it but not sure if I should wait for a sale or not.
View Quote
If you like survival games it's a must buy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top