Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2017 1:45:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Haha, that's about right.  Aaaaand why I don't buy games from GameStop.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I had a lot of ps3 games granted some were older and wouldn't sell for much but had a lot of newer titles that were still popular. I had 12 games in the cases no scratches mint. they offered me 25 dollars for the lot store credit. I sold them all on ebay and got around 155 bucks. Screw trading or selling to them. Ebay or craigslist's is to easy to get what you want.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
to many punks steal games and sell them there it will not die fast
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#5]

The customer sounds exactly like Engineer from Battlefield Friends. Same rage issues too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
#peasantrythings

Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:23:59 PM EDT
[#7]
LMAO.   There should be a follow up about all the other pseudo video game related merchandise.  T-shirts, key chains, mugs, and the like.  Its almost like a mini Gun Show.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#9]
The only time I go to gamestop is to "rent" a game. They hate me there 
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 5:12:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You PC master race scumbags are a cancer.  I wonder if some of y'all even play video games.  I think the majority of you just sit back to spout useless #PCmasterrace bullshit and post the same stupid meme in every thread on whatever forum that ain't got fuck-all to do with you, just to make yourself feel better.  

You are just as bad if not worse than the absolute worst the industry and the community have to offer.

I say that as a guy who plays on all platforms.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
LMAO.   There should be a follow up about all the other pseudo video game related merchandise.  T-shirts, key chains, mugs, and the like.  Its almost like a mini Gun Show.
View Quote
Well, they bought ThinkGeek, so...
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You PC master race scumbags are a cancer.  I wonder if some of y'all even play video games.  I think the majority of you just sit back to spout useless #PCmasterrace bullshit and post the same stupid meme in every thread on whatever forum that ain't got fuck-all to do with you, just to make yourself feel better.  

You are just as bad if not worse than the absolute worst the industry and the community have to offer.

View Quote
To be fair, all of the platform loyalists are a cancer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're right. As someone who games exclusively on PC I say that the #PCmasterrace fags are in fact that biggest fucking douchebags in the gaming community.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You're right. As someone who games exclusively on PC I say that the #PCmasterrace fags are in fact that biggest fucking douchebags in the gaming community.
View Quote
And the most successful trolls to boot!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The customer sounds exactly like Engineer from Battlefield Friends. Same rage issues too.
View Quote
It is. It's Johnny Ethco.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

We can hit the windows button in a safe room and come here to troll you.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

At least we have mods...
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Went to GS yesterday to check out used accessories since I try to collect them when I can get them cheap.

Used Wii U Pro controller at Gamestop: $43.99

Brand New Wii U Pro controller shipped and sold by Amazon.com: $39.99
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I haven't set foot in a Gamestop since Skyrim was released. Thank God for Steam
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I can't even remember the last time I was in a Gamestop. Amazon killed off all physical video game retail in my world... if I need a physical copy of something I almost always buy it from Amazon.

The only physical game item I've purchased recently that didn't come from Amazon was my Switch that I got at Target, simply because they actually had it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#23]
lol pretty much exactly how it is.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And the most successful trolls to boot!
View Quote
its so easy to be a troll when you have the righteousness of lord Gaben on your side.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I love pc gaming, but honestly, only use my pc for fps anymore. Which kind of sucks because I have a lot of money in it.

I guess I am just a filthy casual who enjoys sitting on a couch in my living room instead of hunched over in my den.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I love pc gaming, but honestly, only use my pc for fps anymore. Which kind of sucks because I have a lot of money in it.

I guess I am just a filthy casual who enjoys sitting on a couch in my living room instead of hunched over in my den.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

I have a separate recliner and TV hooked to my computer with a wireless keyboard, mouse and 360 controller so I can kick back and play other stuff
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Stopped in at Gamestop the other day because my wife wanted a game and it happened to be one store over.

Yeah, fuck that...  Never again.  Absolutely zero interest in helping you find anything or answering any questions, the sole purpose of the employees is to push their "rewards program" on you.

Sat in line for about 5 minutes waiting for three people to check out just because every person had to hear their sales pitch.  When we got up to the front I said "We're buying this game and there's not a farts chance in a tornado we're signing up for the rewards program."  The guy working their laughed and still tried to sell me on it...
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Easy there peasant.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:06:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Glad to see there's other WiiU players on the board, it's an underrated system.  Nintendo just marketed it poorly.
View Quote
I still remember when it came out. I thought it was just a new controller
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:09:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sat in line for about 5 minutes waiting for three people to check out just because every person had to hear their sales pitch.  When we got up to the front I said "We're buying this game and there's not a farts chance in a tornado we're signing up for the rewards program."  The guy working their laughed and still tried to sell me on it...
View Quote
He probably laughed because he knows it's bullshit; but still gave you the spiel anyway because he also knows he'd be fired if he didn't.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Go there for the cute gamer chicks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah they hardly ever, EVER have good deals on accessories.  Used PS4 and XB1 controllers usually cost more used as well than new on Amazon or from an ebay seller.

They know who their clientele are. Need-it-now instant gratification people.

Glad to see there's other WiiU players on the board, it's an underrated system.  Nintendo just marketed it poorly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went to GS yesterday to check out used accessories since I try to collect them when I can get them cheap.

Used Wii U Pro controller at Gamestop: $43.99

Brand New Wii U Pro controller shipped and sold by Amazon.com: $39.99
Yeah they hardly ever, EVER have good deals on accessories.  Used PS4 and XB1 controllers usually cost more used as well than new on Amazon or from an ebay seller.

They know who their clientele are. Need-it-now instant gratification people.

Or parents who buy games for their kids that don't know any better. Saw a couple of people on my last visit there. Someone had a confusing program, but the part with the discount (the part that mattered) ended. But they were still "good" for the overall program. Intentionally deceiving and they try to trip you up. Like a fool the guy decided to re-purchase another thing so they can use their points or whatever.

I'd rather just get it from Best Buy even.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I did remote broadband/vpn support for GameStop corporate years ago, shit company to deal with.  I smile every time I hear of a store closing!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top