Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2017 5:30:00 PM EDT
Well, Ubisoft can go suck a dick.  Not like their last few releases haven't been garbage, but this one is kinda pushing the bullshit meter a tad.

Edit: Ubisoft can suck a dick because their last several releases have sucked.  I can handle politics or suck, but I won't buy a game that does both.

Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, I'll bite.

Your average arfcommer jumps on "snowflakes", "libtards", etc etc for their bathroom usage, gender pronouns, etc, but we're going to get our dicks caught in a blender over a fucking video game about a fictitious militant religious cult in the fictitious middle of buttfuck nowhere montana?

I'm sure it'll be a dumpster fire because ubi can't seem to make a decent game anymore but this is probably one of the more risky approaches I've seen a video game take in a long time. I'll gladly take this over another generic military shooter. There have been batshit insane religious cults in the US before so I don't think they're pushing "the bullshit meter" a tad considering that it isn't a novel idea in and of itself.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
OP...get the sand out...jesus.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#3]
FPNI, though I'll be surprised if the protagonist isn't a POC out to destroy the evil white man
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing about this game "triggers" me... it just looks like another unoriginal fill-in-the-blanks story in a game that will most likely be another dull, tick all the same Ubisoft boxes experience full of towers to climb, forts to raid, guns to unlock and repetitious boredom to set in about a 1/3rd of the way into the game.

If there is anything to be mad about it should be that innovation and Ubisoft parted ways a while back and lost each other's phone numbers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing about this game "triggers" me... it just looks like another unoriginal fill-in-the-blanks story in a game that will most likely be another dull, tick all the same Ubisoft boxes experience full of towers to climb, forts to raid, guns to unlock and repetitious boredom to set in about a 1/3rd of the way into the game.

If there is anything to be mad about it should be that innovation and Ubisoft parted ways a while back and lost each other's phone numbers.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't wait for this game
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:14:00 AM EDT
[#7]
i kinda feel the same way as the OP. they could of gone with anything but they had to go with the religious cult militia from montana who i'm going to guess will seek to overthrow the government. and I admit I am partially upset cause I am originally from there and don't like the idea of my home state being used for false political commentary in pop culture.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Montana feels like a weird choice to me, maybe it's because previous Far Cry locations were remote and exotic.  

Hopefully it works out since I do like the Far Cry series even though it gets grindy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Protagonist will be a black transgendered queer liberal out to kill the racist white conservative militant cult.

I bet it involves some for of hangings and revenge against white dominance.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm excited about this game, I started with Farcry 4 and really enjoyed playing it. I will be buying this one. I think that if you are getting butthurt about a videogame you may be taking this whole "everyone is out to get us and everything is proof" thing too far. Sometimes you just need to take things for what they are, such as entertainment or videogames.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not a PC fan, however I won't deny AAA game designers are trying to push liberal ideals into a market that is one of the last to not be taken over my PC liberal Ideals.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Examples?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not a PC fan, however I won't deny AAA game designers are trying to push liberal ideals into a market that is one of the last to not be taken over my PC liberal Ideals.
Examples?
EA/Bioware skull fucking Mass Effect is a great one.  Probably my favorite series, so I'll still play it, but ME:A crashed and burned over it and their bugs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Examples?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Examples?
Reread what he stated: vidgames have NOT been taken over by PC ideals.  That'll shift, & this might be an example.  Normalization starts with the young.  The primary market audience of games is teens to young adults.  It's an avenue to spin ideas to an eager, accepting audience.

Are there crackpot, Bible thumping cults?  Sure.  For generations.  Jim Jones us still the "king" of cult leaders, IMO.  He fooled everyone around him, & when that didn't work any longer, he took hundreds with him.

But I'll guess that's not what the studio is going to creatively vilify here.  I'm thinking the story might be a politically oriented, conservative hit piece with the conveyed, overt heavy religious theme.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Examples?
View Quote
ME:A is a recent one.

However like I said, video games are one of the last strong holds of anti-PC sentiment.

It's one of the last forms of media that whole heartedly rejects the idea of political correctness.

However we are seeing a trend in recent AAA published games to try and shoehorn in liberal ideas, and it will only get worse as time goes on.

Games are a huge market and a great medium to push political ideals to younger crowd.

However I'm proud to say gamers seem to not be having it.

If you look at games like the Witcher 3 and Nier:Automata you see a ton of crying from liberals about the portrayal of women, and the devs basically told them to fuck off.

However this Far Cry has me worried.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

ME:A is a recent one.

However like I said, video games are one of the last strong holds of anti-PC sentiment.

It's one of the last forms of media that whole heartedly rejects the idea of political correctness.

However we are seeing a trend in recent AAA published games to try and shoehorn in liberal ideas, and it will only get worse as time goes on.

Games are a huge market and a great medium to push political ideals to younger crowd.

However I'm proud to say gamers seem to not be having it.

If you look at games like the Witcher 3 and Nier:Automata you see a ton of crying from liberals about the portrayal of women, and the devs basically told them to fuck off.

However this Far Cry has me worried.
View Quote
If the setup was the exact same but it was an atheist cult deep within san Francisco I doubt anybody here would care, I bet everybody would have pre ordered in droves.

I find it funny everybody is frothing at the mouth about political correctness and yet everybody has their panties in a bunch.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well said.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Not buying it until I find out if there is even an ounce of political agenda in it or not.

Nothing about being butt hurt but gaming is one of the last refuges away from that shit.  The second devs start pulling that crap is the time to absolutely shut them down.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not buying it until I find out if there is even an ounce of political agenda in it or not.

Nothing about being butt hurt but gaming is one of the last refuges away from that shit.  The second devs start pulling that crap is the time to absolutely shut them down.
View Quote
From the plot synopsis I've read, it's a white conservative militia that takes over a town and forces people into a religious cult.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:35:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
EA/Bioware skull fucking Mass Effect is a great one.  Probably my favorite series, so I'll still play it, but ME:A crashed and burned over it and their bugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Examples?
The past 3 or so years have seen a huge liberal push. The same with tech companies to. More women are being brought in, and they're trying to pretend more women play these types of games than men. Truthfully it is getting bigger, but it is still very lopsided towards males. Most studies include things like Candy Crush and Angry Bird, which are in an entirely different league from Far Cry ect. But the bean counters get paid thousands a year to do "research" and market that crap that anyone with a functioning brain can tell you is full of shit. Mean while, the developers get paid chump change for the hours they put in.

To the game itself, not too fond of the theme but I will play it. I wish they would go back to a more serious theme. Colonial African in the 70-80s would have been awesome. The game Far Cry 2 should have been. FC3 was awesome, FC4 was good to. Didn't care to try Primal. But after three games they need to change up the formula.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#24]
i bought farcry 4 last thanksgiving for $15. it is my first game in the series and i havent even opened it yet.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have not played Mass Effect Andromeda. I know nothing about the game, other than it's apparently quite rough around the edges. 

I read on Twitter that a patch is coming where a male protagonist can romance another male NPC. 

Stop the bus, I want off. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Examples?
I have not played Mass Effect Andromeda. I know nothing about the game, other than it's apparently quite rough around the edges. 

I read on Twitter that a patch is coming where a male protagonist can romance another male NPC. 

Stop the bus, I want off. 
They've been fixing a bunch of the issues, as they launched early and knew it, but EA is EA, so not meeting a ship date is suicide.  Mass Effect has always had bi/gay relationships in it.  Personally don't care on that front, but I was really annoyed when they stated that the reason they are patching it is is that the Bioware/EA LGBT board thought there wasn't a balance between male and female romance options, as you could romance more women (straight or not) than men.

Fucktarded.   Don't get me wrong, I'll still play it since I bought it already, but I'm only in for the ME gameplay, not the story at this point.  Which is a shame, because the regular ME story was solid.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#27]
This game looks fun and interesting (but I've never played any of the FarCry games). I hope it's not full of anti conservative and/or Christian messages, doesn't seem too bad from what little I've seen so for, but it's hard to say from that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I think it's valid to get angry at the direction corporate fuckwits are taking game production. E3 this year was SJW central and it's pissing people off.

What to do when everybody calls the game developer on their virtual signalling? Double down!
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Examples?
Bioware had their JV developer team handle ME:A so that their top guns could focus on making their new Destiny ripoff game.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Im all for entertainment.

As long as its fun, keeps my attention and has replayability im all for it.

Gameplay footage looks enjoyable  so far
Far Cry 5: E3 2017 Official Gameplay | Ubisoft [NA]
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:41:46 PM EDT
[#32]
The game looks ok to me, but the story is not realistic.  No way there would not be Feds crawling all over that locale.  How could a deranged cult murder a bunch of people in town without state/fed intervention?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The game looks ok to me, but the story is not realistic.  No way there would not be Feds crawling all over that locale.  How could a deranged cult murder a bunch of people in town without state/fed intervention?
View Quote
If nobody knows about it...

There are parts of southern Missouri that are considered no-go zones by first responders because they take small-arms fire in the area. Some parts of this state have some bad shit going on that is not really known elsewhere, like acid lakes with stolen vehicles and supposedly bodies at the bottom. I've come across scattered clothing near what would appear to be a shallow grave out in the boonies. It is very easy for Very Bad Things to happen and nobody be the wiser, in the absence of a strong community.

Isolated parts of Montana? It's going to be even easier up there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe I missed something and I watched every presentation and trailer.

Only thing I can possibly think of is Wolfenstein, and non-white characters killing fictional nazi occupiers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
E3 this year was SJW central and it's pissing people off.
Maybe I missed something and I watched every presentation and trailer.

Only thing I can possibly think of is Wolfenstein, and non-white characters killing fictional nazi occupiers.
Well I haven't been following E3 at all besides what I see on here, but in another thread they said the new CoD WW2 has swastikas removed and you can play a black female for the Germans, so there's that I guess.

Thinking back now to Battlefield 1942 that I grew up with, I don't think it has any swastikas either, probably for international sales I guess.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If nobody knows about it...

There are parts of southern Missouri that are considered no-go zones by first responders because they take small-arms fire in the area. Some parts of this state have some bad shit going on that is not really known elsewhere, like acid lakes with stolen vehicles and supposedly bodies at the bottom. I've come across scattered clothing near what would appear to be a shallow grave out in the boonies. It is very easy for Very Bad Things to happen and nobody be the wiser, in the absence of a strong community.

Isolated parts of Montana? It's going to be even easier up there.
View Quote
I've heard similar stories from friends that grew up in SE Oklahoma and Arkansas, I've always been told there are some places in those areas you better not go into unless you have friends or family there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well I haven't been following E3 at all besides what I see on here, but in another thread they said the new CoD WW2 has swastikas removed and you can play a black female for the Germans, so there's that I guess.

Thinking back now to Battlefield 1942 that I grew up with, I don't think it has any swastikas either, probably for international sales I guess.
View Quote
That's only the multiplayer, which also has zombies and other things in it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's a little better I suppose.  I'm not one to get bent out of shape over things like that anyway, but I thought trying to cleanse history is pretty stupid!

If CoD WW2 has good single player gameplay (and hopefully offline bots, I don't play online), I'll probably pick it up at some point after it cheapens up.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:31:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Bioware had their JV developer team handle ME:A so that their top guns could focus on making their new Destiny ripoff game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Examples?
For what it's worth, I think it's part ME, Destiny, and as someone pointed out in the other thread, a good touch of Armored Core. 
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Suspension of disbelief.  Try it once.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:29:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
IIRC, the player character is supposed to be LE of some sort, sent to investigate.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:26:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
I post in GD, cut me some slack.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:34:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Examples?
View Quote
Mass Effect Andromeda big time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top