Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Trailer plus interviews with creators and some gameplay footage.

Sounds like the gameplay is going to be based on actual/historical missions and battles, not random towns and missions. So, that would be a nice change.

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you ever think that much of what sucks about current COD games is the fast-paced gameplay?

How about just using solid tactics from the era that the game is about?
View Quote
That's exactly the point of my post. For years, COD has been all about fast-paced gameplay, a plethora of customization options, killstreak buffs, etc. They're going to remove all of that and take a step backwards? I just don't see it working without it being too much like Battlefield.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That's exactly the point of my post. For years, COD has been all about fast-paced gameplay, a plethora of customization options, killstreak buffs, etc. They're going to remove all of that and take a step backwards? I just don't see it working without it being too much like Battlefield.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you ever think that much of what sucks about current COD games is the fast-paced gameplay?

How about just using solid tactics from the era that the game is about?
No health regen from what I read.

That'll make things...fun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, what they're doing now isn't going to work forever. I know most won't agree but I think the smartest thing blizzard could do is probably slow things down a bit while keeping things infantry focused in small squads (rainbow six, insurgency, etc). They should leave the fast paced mountain dew bullshit to a new IP. To me, everything after modern warfare (and arguably MW2) has been down hill.  I think they can have gameplay that can be as slow or as fast paced as the player wants by making some design changes. Activision owns destiny so the Halo/Titanfall sort of stuff would be better off in that sort of multiplayer (with a lot of polish).

In any which case I think it's smart to at least try a change of pace. I think they see the writing on the wall and if they continued on the future super soldier business model their sales would tank eventually.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the most excited I've been for a COD game in years.

WWII is my favorite FPS era.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I get it, but the customizations currently amount to "weapon thing #5" and "fancy sight #2." What they call them isn't as important as what they do, and what they do isn't really that important to "fast paced game play."

I think good maps with good spawns and a reasonable time-to-kill makes for a fast game play, which is very doable with WWII themed weapons.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm sure we'll get it.  I won't miss trying a new WWII game.  I wouldn't have minded some other Era like Vietnam.  Or Cold War, BHD, something like that.   Heck even Grenada....  Etc..  

I will just play the online and probably not even mess with the campaign.  If it's a decent online shooter, I'll be happy.  I actually liked Ghosts.... (although I prefer bigger maps)  So....  if it's got cool maps and WWII guns, I don't think I'll be unhappy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#10]
It looks amazing, but the fact that every COD game since MWIII has sucked balls does not instill a lot of confidence in the series...

I will wait for actual reviews with post launch gameplay footage before I spend my money on another COD game.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#11]
But are there going to be black germans?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But are there going to be black germans?
View Quote
You mean trans-gender African decent East-European soldiers right

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#13]
watch. they will throw in an red dot of some sort and call it experimental In all seriousness I hope they do go back to the historic roots and I think the battle for castle Itter would be an epic mission if they recreated it
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone know theres the zombies game aswel.?
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm sure we'll get it.  I won't miss trying a new WWII game.  I wouldn't have minded some other Era like Vietnam.  Or Cold War, BHD, something like that.   Heck even Grenada....  Etc..  

I will just play the online and probably not even mess with the campaign.  If it's a decent online shooter, I'll be happy.  I actually liked Ghosts.... (although I prefer bigger maps)  So....  if it's got cool maps and WWII guns, I don't think I'll be unhappy.
View Quote
Agreed....a game that had campaigns for Grenada and Panama would be awesome. Dropping in as a Ranger into Torrijos Tocumen or Point Salinas or rescuing Kurt Muse would be neat, but Vietnam would be a nice change of pace...SEALs in the Delta, defending a firebase getting overrun, steet fighting during Tet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I would love to see a FPS set in the Korean war.  To my knowledge its never been touched in a game...
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#17]
WWII with jet packs, space ships, invisible cloaks, etc. I hope.

Else I'm not buying.

I want my robotic bees...
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone know theres the zombies game aswel.?
View Quote
Yep, Nazi zombies is confirmed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep, Nazi zombies is confirmed.
View Quote
Sweet...

Is it following roughly the same storyline as the last NZ modes? Or are they rebooting it?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:47:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Sweet...

Is it following roughly the same storyline as the last NZ modes? Or are they rebooting it?
View Quote
I'm not sure if they've said yet.  There will probably be a lot more info released at E3 this June. 
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top