Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2017 8:34:00 PM EDT
So I'm saving up for a new monitor in the next month or two. I was looking at the Dell s2417gs. 1440p, 24", g sync, regularly on sale for $400, checks all the boxes. I'm coming from an asus vg248qe, so it would be quite an upgrade. Only thing I'm stuck on is whether the 24" is a good call or not. I have a 24" monitor now and it works pretty well because I'm fairly close to it, I'm not sure if a 27" would be too big in that case. Font scaling and such is the only thing keeping me from being 100% on a 24" monitor since the form factor is otherwise perfect for my setup. Not really interested in 4k since I'd rather have higher framerates and I don't think anything will be pushing 144fps in 4k anytime soon. Pretty sold on G-sync for those frame rate drops. High refresh rates are a must, can't go back now that I've tasted 144hz.

I'll be driving the monitor with an i5-4690k and a GTX1080. Anybody have any other recommendations/words of wisdom? . This is one of the only monitors I've found that fit the budget and other specs as well as supposedly having not terrible colors.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a used 27" Samsung 4k for less than 300, once you go 4k you'll never go back, and you've already got the graphics card to drive it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
If I was buying a monitor today, I would be getting a HDR display.
HDR, G-Sync/FreeSync, +100hz, and at least 1440p is my wish list.

I currently have a 4-5 year old HP ZR2740w and 27" w/ 1440p works really well for me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I currently have a 4-5 year old HP ZR2740w and 27" w/ 1440p works really well for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there aren't any 1440p HDR monitors as far as I know. There is one that Dell is making but it isn't true HDR even though they throw the term out there.

Quoted:
I got a used 27" Samsung 4k for less than 300, once you go 4k you'll never go back, and you've already got the graphics card to drive it.
Eh... the framerate is really important to me, 4k+gsync would get pricey and I mainly just play shooters so I'd rather have higher frames than higher resolution. I was going to get a 4k monitor when I do a whole new build in 3 years and 4k cards/monitors are more affordable.  EDIT: Have you used a 27" 1440p panel before? I thought the differences between 1440p and 4k were minimal at 27"
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there aren't any 1440p HDR monitors as far as I know. There is one that Dell is making but it isn't true HDR even though they throw the term out there.

Eh... the framerate is really important to me, 4k+gsync would get pricey and I mainly just play shooters so I'd rather have higher frames than higher resolution. I was going to get a 4k monitor when I do a whole new build in 3 years and 4k cards/monitors are more affordable.  EDIT: Have you used a 27" 1440p panel before? I thought the differences between 1440p and 4k were minimal at 27"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
3840x2160 vs 2560x1440.

3 years from now 8k monitors will be out and dual 1080s or equivalent will be the bare minimum to run them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been doing a lot of monitor hunting lately too, somehow I missed Costco closing out the Acer predator 27in ips for $500

Looking for something 27in, 1440p 144hz ips.  I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any 4k high refresh rate monitors, and current hardware couldn't really keep up with it anyway.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ASUS has a curved successor the PG279Q coming that's 1440p/165 Hz with HDR. Also have a 4K/144Hz with HDR coming sometime this year, although that's going to cost bucks.

I have the PG279Q. 27" is not remotely too big. One week of using it and you'll wonder how you ever could stand using some tiny 24".

It wasn't available when I bought, but if I could swap it out, I'd switch to the ViewSonic XG2703-GS right now though. Same awesome panel as the ROG Swift PG279Q and all the same features, but ViewSonic's quality control is better, and the 1080p scaling is MUCH better if you hook up a 1080p source to the HDMI input.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:45:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Ive got the 24" dell OP...its a beast....excellent PPI, clocks to 165hz, gsync is smooth as butter....and its got the best picture I have ever seen on a TN panel.

I have it next to a 34" CF791 and I have a hard time choosing between the two as they both do something the other cant.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:08:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
There are at least 5-6 in the works that I know of.
The FreeSync2 monitors should be shown at Computex in May and will likely be targeting a release date of late Q3/early Q4.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:19:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I recently switched from 3 27" 1080p monitors to a single 3440x1440 34" ultra wide curved monitor. It's pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:23:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I've had the 27 inch version of that monitor for about a year and have been really happy with it. It looks good, it's awesome for gaming everything is really smooth. I'd recommend it for a good g sync monitor
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:51:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ASUS has a curved successor the PG279Q coming that's 1440p/165 Hz with HDR. Also have a 4K/144Hz with HDR coming sometime this year, although that's going to cost bucks.

I have the PG279Q. 27" is not remotely too big. One week of using it and you'll wonder how you ever could stand using some tiny 24".

It wasn't available when I bought, but if I could swap it out, I'd switch to the ViewSonic XG2703-GS right now though. Same awesome panel as the ROG Swift PG279Q and all the same features, but ViewSonic's quality control is better, and the 1080p scaling is MUCH better if you hook up a 1080p source to the HDMI input.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I keep seeing stuff acer and asus 4k hdr displays but can't find anything about any 1440p hdr displays from any manufacturers. Keep seeing rumors and nothing else. If the 27" dell goes on sale I may pull the trigger on that, but $500 is kind of the hard limit without pissing the wife off at least a little bit.

Quoted:
I've had the 27 inch version of that monitor for about a year and have been really happy with it. It looks good, it's awesome for gaming everything is really smooth. I'd recommend it for a good g sync monitor
Thanks for the input. If I don't see news of 1440p hdr monitors coming soon at a reasonable price I'll be looking hard at the 27".

Quoted:

There are at least 5-6 in the works that I know of.
The FreeSync2 monitors should be shown at Computex in May and will likely be targeting a release date of late Q3/early Q4.
Which ones are those? I keep seeing everything for asus/acer but those are for 4k hdr sets and not 1440p. Freesync2 should be good but since I'm sticking with nvidia for the time being I don't really have anything to gain by waiting for freesync monitors. I hope it really takes off though, a little motivation for nvidia to drop prices on the gsync module would be nice.

Quoted:
Ive got the 24" dell OP...its a beast....excellent PPI, clocks to 165hz, gsync is smooth as butter....and its got the best picture I have ever seen on a TN panel.

I have it next to a 34" CF791 and I have a hard time choosing between the two as they both do something the other cant.
I haven't really found any negative reviews about that monitor ever. Seems like a good buy at the $400 price point it's usually at. I have a couple months so hopefully some 1440p hdr monitors come out/are announced by then, otherwise dell is getting my money more than likely.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 5:33:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I run dual 27" 1440p monitors.  There's no way I could go back to 1080p and be happy.  

The con is that it takes a lot of video card to push those pixels.  

I've considered upping to 4K, but I'd need to upgrade my video card yet again and I don't want the expense.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here, I picked up the 27" for my first monitor, and could not be happier. It also had an HDMI port so I use it with my PS4 too. If you check the Best Buy site, they are often on sale. I picked mine up 2 months ago for $480. The monitor scored very well according to these guys:http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2716dg.htm
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I have dual 32" HP Pavilions, it's the only way to go.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Same here, I picked up the 27" for my first monitor, and could not be happier. It also had an HDMI port so I use it with my PS4 too. If you check the Best Buy site, they are often on sale. I picked mine up 2 months ago for $480. The monitor scored very well according to these guys:http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2716dg.htm
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup, they sometimes have best buy gift cards on sale too so I was going to go that route.

Quoted:
I run dual 27" 1440p monitors.  There's no way I could go back to 1080p and be happy.  

I've considered upping to 4K, but I'd need to upgrade my video card yet again and I don't want the expense.
Same here, I don't think 4k will be easily pushed until at least this upcoming generation of GPUs. I think in another 5 years it'll be the 1080p of today. Next year I see it taking off much more so than today at least.

Quoted:
I literally wouldn't have room, although that does sound amazing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm on the fence. I don't like TN panels after playing on an IPS panel for the past few years. After trying a 2560x1440p and a 4k (borrowed from friends) the difference in the picture quality aren't "night and day" on a 27 inch display like it is jumping from a 1920x1080p to a higher resolution. I've seen the new Asus displays that are supposed to be out this year but the MSRP on those things are what $1400 plus? FPS isn't an issue with 2 1080s in SLI right now. I'm getting 100 plus in Witcher 3, Borderlands,  and WELL into the 200's in any versus FPS games I play. The Asus PG279Q that I borrowed from my buddy at work was TITS!! It brought my FPS down into the 80's on Witcher and the Division, dropped about 15% on the rest of the games but at that high.. You can't tell a difference. The refresh rate made a YUUGE difference in my FPS games. The 4k I borrowed from my Dad was a Samsung (forget the exact model), cut frame rates in half across the board, but even with the EVER SO SLIGHT in quality wouldn't justify the price jump to a faster 4k monitor than the PG279Q.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yup, they sometimes have best buy gift cards on sale too so I was going to go that route.

Same here, I don't think 4k will be easily pushed until at least this upcoming generation of GPUs. I think in another 5 years it'll be the 1080p of today. Next year I see it taking off much more so than today at least.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My surface book pushes 4k without any difficulty.  The GTX-1080 does it beautifully.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My surface book pushes 4k without any difficulty.  The GTX-1080 does it beautifully.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I haven't really seen any benchmarks for any of the games I play that give me confidence in my GTX1080 at 4k. I know most games are perfectly playable with it, but since I mainly play shooters I'd prefer 100+ fps at a lower res instead of 45ish in 4k.

Quoted:
I'm on the fence. I don't like TN panels after playing on an IPS panel for the past few years. After trying a 2560x1440p and a 4k (borrowed from friends) the difference in the picture quality aren't "night and day" on a 27 inch display like it is jumping from a 1920x1080p to a higher resolution. I've seen the new Asus displays that are supposed to be out this year but the MSRP on those things are what $1400 plus? FPS isn't an issue with 2 1080s in SLI right now. I'm getting 100 plus in Witcher 3, Borderlands,  and WELL into the 200's in any versus FPS games I play. The Asus PG279Q that I borrowed from my buddy at work was TITS!! It brought my FPS down into the 80's on Witcher and the Division, dropped about 15% on the rest of the games but at that high.. You can't tell a difference. The refresh rate made a YUUGE difference in my FPS games. The 4k I borrowed from my Dad was a Samsung (forget the exact model), cut frame rates in half across the board, but even with the EVER SO SLIGHT in quality wouldn't justify the price jump to a faster 4k monitor than the PG279Q.

I'm hoping the Samsung displays later in the year don't cost an arm and a leg but rumor is they'll likely be 800+ for a 1440p, hdr, gsync model. Everything I've only compared displays in store a couple of times but I really couldn't tell a huge difference between 1440p and 4k unless it was a huge display. I think 4k really starts to make sense at 32"< but doesn't really shine at all in the 27" arena.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I haven't really seen any benchmarks for any of the games I play that give me confidence in my GTX1080 at 4k. I know most games are perfectly playable with it, but since I mainly play shooters I'd prefer 100+ fps at a lower res instead of 45ish in 4k.

I'm hoping the Samsung displays later in the year don't cost an arm and a leg but rumor is they'll likely be 800+ for a 1440p, hdr, gsync model. Everything I've only compared displays in store a couple of times but I really couldn't tell a huge difference between 1440p and 4k unless it was a huge display. I think 4k really starts to make sense at 32"< but doesn't really shine at all in the 27" arena.
View Quote
Thats where it gets fucky.. Most games don't scale very well on a screen wider than 27". Most of the AAA games are coming from a console port, because the booger eaters are buying COD, playing on their shitty console with the troglodytes and thats where the payday is. NOBODY markets a game just for PC, the PC port is piggybacked. They scale and design games around Xbox and POS whatever. Every once in a while they throw the PC players a bone.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok, so I saw that costco was supposedly getting rid of all their XB271HUs. I went to 2 different costcos with no luck. Starting hitting best buys on the way back home and found a Dell S2716DG for $500. I picked it up and it is GLORIOUS. I went and tried my best to compare it against available comparable IPS panels in the store. I'd say the dell is better than a mediocore IPS. A good IPS still beats it out but a good IPS is in a different price bracket.

I just got it somewhat calibrated to my liking and dicked around in a few games real quick. This is hands down the best spent money I've ever blown on games, night and day difference.  Thanks for the input everybody, it's a great monitor for anybody looking at the 400-500 mark and doesn't mind driving to best buy. The best buy I got it from had only the "A04" revision in stock, which is the latest one as far as I know. The only reviews I found with negative remarks about quality were in relation to the A00 and A01 revisions.

I know HDR is right around the corner for 1440p but I can't find a release date for any of the announced monitors and I highly doubt any of them would be 1440p, 100hz+, and gsync enabled for ~500.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ok, so I saw that costco was supposedly getting rid of all their XB271HUs. I went to 2 different costcos with no luck. Starting hitting best buys on the way back home and found a Dell S2716DG for $500. I picked it up and it is GLORIOUS. I went and tried my best to compare it against available comparable IPS panels in the store. I'd say the dell is better than a mediocore IPS. A good IPS still beats it out but a good IPS is in a different price bracket.

I just got it somewhat calibrated to my liking and dicked around in a few games real quick. This is hands down the best spent money I've ever blown on games, night and day difference.  Thanks for the input everybody, it's a great monitor for anybody looking at the 400-500 mark and doesn't mind driving to best buy. The best buy I got it from had only the "A04" revision in stock, which is the latest one as far as I know. The only reviews I found with negative remarks about quality were in relation to the A00 and A01 revisions.

I know HDR is right around the corner for 1440p but I can't find a release date for any of the announced monitors and I highly doubt any of them would be 1440p, 100hz+, and gsync enabled for ~500.
View Quote
Awesome Choice! 144hertz with GSync is amazing! Buttery smooth and very minimal input lag. I am still blown away everytime I turn mine on.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I have the 27" Dell 1440p Gsync monitor. It has a weird issue where scrolling text has a white trail when you set the refresh rate at 100hz or higher. The "fast" response time setting on the monitor also exacerbates it greatly to the point where 144hz + response time set to "fast" is unusable for anything but gaming IMO. Due to this issue I find myself using it at 60hz most of the time and just setting to 144hz for gaming, at 60hz and response time set to normal there is no white trail.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have the 27" Dell 1440p Gsync monitor. It has a weird issue where scrolling text has a white trail when you set the refresh rate at 100hz or higher. The "fast" response time setting on the monitor also exacerbates it greatly to the point where 144hz + response time set to "fast" is unusable for anything but gaming IMO. Due to this issue I find myself using it at 60hz most of the time and just setting to 144hz for gaming, at 60hz and response time set to normal there is no white trail.
View Quote
I actually noticed that when I came here to post. I switched the response from "fast" back to normal and it pretty much eliminated the issue. Since you mentioned it I did some research and similar monitors have the same complaints I guess. From what I've seen a couple sites claimed it can be caused from the browser not matching the refresh rate of the monitor.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:37:18 AM EDT
[#24]
My .02:

As the owner of a Dell S2716DG (27", 1440p, 1ms, 144hz, G-Sync) my next display will be a 2160p UltraWide IPS OLED panel. Whenever that becomes readily available that is.

If you are looking for NOW, get a 2k UltraWide. Acer Predator X34.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My .02:

As the owner of a Dell S2716DG (27", 1440p, 1ms, 144hz, G-Sync) my next display will be a 2160p UltraWide IPS panel. Whenever that becomes readily available that is.

View Quote
Any scaling issues with the 34 incher?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Any scaling issues with the 34 incher?
View Quote
Don't have a 34". Just a 27". But for games or media?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My .02:

As the owner of a Dell S2716DG (27", 1440p, 1ms, 144hz, G-Sync) my next display will be a 2160p UltraWide IPS OLED panel. Whenever that becomes readily available that is.

View Quote
I went with the s27. I did look at some ultrawides, and while they're super nice they don't really fit what I mostly play. Lack of proper ultrawide support in FPS games is a deal breaker for me since that's mainly what I play. I don't think I'd be able to support the higher frame rates I'm used to.

In a couple years I was going to go with a mostly fresh build and I was probably going to go with an ultrawide since star citizen should hopefully be out by then or close to it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I would go for 4k. Your video card can handle it at 60FPS or more at ultra setting. 4k will become standard this year with the Xbox Scorpio. It can do 4k@60pfs. If you have the money go for 4k setup. The industry is going to skip 2k.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I would go for 4k. Your video card can handle it at 60FPS or more at ultra setting. 4k will become standard this year with the Xbox Scorpio. It can do 4k@60pfs. If you have the money go for 4k setup. The industry is going to skip 2k.
View Quote
Already got the 1440p monitor. The console industry is skipping 1440p. I'll eat my own dick if the scorpio does 4k 60fps without horrendous upscaling. My 1080 can likely do 4k at 60fps ultra in SOME games but it won't be doing it for a couple of years. I don't plan on upgrading real soon so I'd rather be able to drive 1440p for a while instead of drive 4k @ 60fps in some games some of the time for the next year, maybe.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:47:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Already got the 1440p monitor. The console industry is skipping 1440p. I'll eat my own dick if the scorpio does 4k 60fps without horrendous upscaling. My 1080 can likely do 4k at 60fps ultra in SOME games but it won't be doing it for a couple of years. I don't plan on upgrading real soon so I'd rather be able to drive 1440p for a while instead of drive 4k @ 60fps in some games some of the time for the next year, maybe.
View Quote
I got 1440P two years are so figuring 4k would be at least 5 years away. Unfortunately my prediction was wrong. Xbox Scorpio have demo to insiders and all said it will do 4k@60fps on ultra with room to grow.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2017/04/06/xbox-scorpio-native-4k-60-fps-with-power-to-spare/#4342fb437324
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:55:37 AM EDT
[#31]
I have a 27" ASUS 1440p IPS monitor as it's amazing. I could never go back to a 1080p or a non IPS display. I fucking hate the more limited viewing angles and darkening effect on TN panels. It seriously bugs the shit out of me. I have never really been fussed about insane refresh rates. I'm fine at 60Hz. G-sync would be nice though. I suspect my next display will be a larger 4k OLED.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:24:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I got 1440P two years are so figuring 4k would be at least 5 years away. Unfortunately my prediction was wrong. Xbox Scorpio have demo to insiders and all said it will do 4k@60fps on ultra with room to grow.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2017/04/06/xbox-scorpio-native-4k-60-fps-with-power-to-spare/#4342fb437324
View Quote
I'm very skeptical of this. Remember the Microsoft Natal/Milo demo? That was a load of shit, so I wouldn't put it past them. Consoles have to be economical and the chips required for consistent detailed 4k gameplay @ 60FPS are not economical enough yet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have a 27" ASUS 1440p IPS monitor as it's amazing. I could never go back to a 1080p or a non IPS display. I fucking hate the more limited viewing angles and darkening effect on TN panels. It seriously bugs the shit out of me. I have never really been fussed about insane refresh rates. I'm fine at 60Hz. G-sync would be nice though. I suspect my next display will be a larger 4k OLED.
View Quote
While I'm normally inclined to agree on the TN vs IPS issues, this is actually really nice for a TN panel. A lot of IPS panels beat it out on the points you stated, but it definitely beats out mediocore IPS panels. For the specs I wanted an IPS panel would have set me back 2-300 more. It's hard to beat 27" 1440p with gsync for $500.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I honestly have no dog in the fight, I am getting an xbox when my playstation burns out. I'm a huge Microsoft fanboy... but they are not being truthful. I have no doubt this will put some games out in 4k@60fps, but I guarantee you it will not do every game at that refresh rate.

I'll tell you what, screenshot my post and if they pull it off I'll paypal you $20 after it comes out. I want to be perfectly clear though, I am saying it will not do native 4k@60fps on all AAA titles. I don't know why I have to be so clear on this with so many people but upscaled 4k is in no way, shape, or form actually 4k. No interpolated, upscaled, quantum dot whatever the fuck is not 4k.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got a 27" Dell 1440p 60hz IPS screen.  My first true computer build so I have no other reference other than ps4 or xbone's on el cheapo 1080p TV's.  Thing is a beauty.  Wish it had faster refresh but the price was good and its IPS and factory calibrated which met the wife's demands for her photography needs.

My rig is a Ryzen 1800x and GTX 1080 based computer.  Has blasted any game I load on it to at least 60fps or more at Ultra settings which is perfect for this monitor
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:28:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've got a 27" Dell 1440p 60hz IPS screen.  My first true computer build so I have no other reference other than ps4 or xbone's on el cheapo 1080p TV's.  Thing is a beauty.  Wish it had faster refresh but the price was good and its IPS and factory calibrated which met the wife's demands for her photography needs.

My rig is a Ryzen 1800x and GTX 1080 based computer.  Has blasted any game I load on it to at least 60fps or more at Ultra settings which is perfect for this monitor
View Quote
IPS is mandatory for production work. I'm hoping HDR and higher quality panels becomes a focus. I think anything over 144hz is getting to be a huge waste and response time is generally not a huge deal either unless somebody's playing CS:GO at a competitive level
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup, 4k is the way to go. Although I don't agree he has the GPU to push it, if he's playing a lot of newer/newish FPS games. I've got 2x 980Ti's and can't max out all my games in 4k at 60 fps, let alone 144. While a single GTX 1080 is faster then a 980Ti, its not 2x faster. Looks like a lot of the 4k benches average approximately, 10/11 fps more for a single 1080, vs a single 980Ti.

Current Specs are:
Thermaltake Core X5 | Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 6 | 16 GB G-Skill Ripjaws 4 PC4-24000 | Intel Core i5 6600k (@4300) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition - EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW GAMING | Corsair AX1200i | Samsung 850 Evo | OCZ Arc-100 | Seagate 2TB HDD.

Viewing on a Samsung UN48JS9000. Price list on Samsung is about 3k more then I spent. Guess its probably discontinued, I paid $1,150.00 in January 2016.

I "may" upgrade to a single 1080Ti, at some point, but there is already speculation that Nvidia may release the 20 series "Volta" in Q3 2017.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#38]
3 Asus Rog Swift 1440p 144hz screens here.

Advise...If you are going for more than 1 screen for gaming make sure you have monster video card / cards or you will be up shits creek hehe.

As in multiple 1080ti's if you plan on playing in ultra surround (yes I made a woops when I got 3 screens lol)

Was about to jump in on big vid cards when the rest of the medical bills slammed home and taxes...yeah not this year.  Screens stay dark till Volta hehe.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#39]
I was hoping to see some new announcements by Acer or ASUS regarding 32 or 34" Ultrawides for this year.  I don't want to pick up an older model to have a new one come out in a few months.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:24:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was hoping to see some new announcements by Acer or ASUS regarding 32 or 34" Ultrawides for this year.  I don't want to pick up an older model to have a new one come out in a few months.  
View Quote
Acer did announce a new 27" 4K, 144Hz monitor. Bit small for me, but maybe they will expand on size soon. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1988842_ACER-Predator-X27-G-Sync-HDR-gaming-monitor-gets-4K-at-144Hz.html
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Acer did announce a new 27" 4K, 144Hz monitor. Bit small for me, but maybe they will expand on size soon. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1988842_ACER-Predator-X27-G-Sync-HDR-gaming-monitor-gets-4K-at-144Hz.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah not going below 32". Just can't go back to small screens. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top