Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's always turned me off on GTA games.  The last ones I played were San Andreas and GTAV, and they're fun for a bit, but inevitably I get stuck somewhere and the navigation in the game sucks, IMO.  The world is so damn big, especially in GTAV, I spend more time trying to figure out what the next step is to advance the story than I do actually doing the damn mission whenever I find it.

Anyways, I've been tinkering around with the Bioshock remaster.  I love the game so much, and I've tried a few things to make it run a little more stable and crash a little less.  It works okay now, but still, very frustrating to deal with at times.  Along the same vein, I'm really excited about Prey.

I've never played a Borderlands game either, I picked up Borderlands 2, looking forward to trying that out.
View Quote

All you have to do to advance quests in GTA is look for the markers that are labeled with a letter. Those are your missions.

Borderlands two is fantastic, but it is also one of those games that you can expect to sink of a ton of time into. However, with games like that that have little-no real story, I think they took the easy way out by not allowing players to create their own character. (It is one of those games where the character you play as is little more than an avatar, so the fact that you only get to roll with one of 4 pre made ones is very disappointing, at least for my taste.)

Currently I am playing Devil May Cry on the PS4, but it is really just giving me something to do while I wait for Zelda and the Switch to come out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Currently addicted to Tom Clancy's The Division, on Xbone.

Gamertag, Dobietronic6000.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Amazon messed up an order and gave me $20 so I got H1Z1 King of the kill. Holy crap this is a frustrating game.

You play it from steam, but you need to sign in with a Daybreak ID. F, ok guess I'll register. Then you launch the game from steam and the H1Z launchpad starts...damnit. So launch the game again....maybe. The first time playing the game I had to launch and ctrl alt del three times to get into the game. So the game is running now, maybe. You get an ungodly long loading screen. Then you can choose to join a game, long loading screen that takes you to...a pre game arena...for no reason other than to wait a while for the game to start. Now the game starts...maybe. Maybe you get a loading screen, maybe you get into the game that parachutes you into a fairly large map for some battle royal action, or the game crashes, or it loads you into the test server, or you get stuck with a black screen only to be informed you've been killed and placed 125th.

Now, playing the game is both fun and crappy at the same time. You float in towards a building hopping to find a weapon and armor but end up getting killed right after you land. Then you go back to through the whole loading screen process, if your game doesn't crash, only to play for another two minutes and die by being shot in the back.

But in my first game I placed 5th out of 165 players. I got caught in the poison gas due to not being about to read them map. It's a fun game when you don't get instantly killed and can get into a game in under five minutes.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Fallout 4

Semper Invicta
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I slogged through Bioshock Remaster this evening, finished that up.  I messed around a little with the Bioshock 2 remaster, which for whatever reason seems a billion times more stable and less prone to crashing than the original remaster, not sure what's going on there.  

Never played a Borderlands game, but holy hell, is Borderlands 2 fun.  Goodness, just mindless, stupid, running around and killing things fun, it's great, totally see the appeal of this series and wished I had gotten into it earlier.
View Quote

Borderlands 2 is also possibly the greatest loot whore game this side of Diablo.

I mean, pretty much every gaming session you participate in you are guaranteed to find some new bad ass gear that will become a regular part of your arsenal.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:41:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Spent today doing my placement matches in ranked R6 Siege...match making decided to beat me like a red headed stepchild so my rotating team of mouthbreathers only won 3 of the 10 matches and placing me at bronze 2....50 points away from bronze 1. I don't know how much teams and w/l play into your initial ranking but I though I'd at least start out in silver
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I have not played COD or Battlefield 1 since picking up Titanfall 2. It is a seriously underrated FPS. I think it is currently on sale in the PS store and other places for under $25. There is an ARFCOM team on there if you pick it up and want to join.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Been playing a bunch of Paladins in the past couple of days. It's a free to play Overwatch clone with weird micro transactions. In order to unlock all the champions you need crystals that you have to buy, or grind out doing quests. Quests are easy, play x amount of games, win as a front line championship etc etc.

It's a fun fast paced shooter that I'm already losing interest in. The reason? In order to play competitive for a ranking you have to unlock and have 14 champions to level 4. So think about that, 3-5 matches per champion that you have to unlock with crystals that you can't get other than buying or grinding. F all that.

If you're a game developer stop doing this. Give us all the playability upfront if you have skins, or voices, or dances you want to charge for go for it. There are people out there who will buy them. I'm not one of them. This seems to be the norm right now. Charge for early access to a game in Beta then double down with micro transactions if you want to play the full game. Stop it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Was playing For Honor exclusively up until a couple days ago. I can't take the matchmaking and connection problems anymore so I won't play until they fix it.

Mainly playing the new Zelda now, and mixing in some BF1 since the new DLC went live today.

Probably going to switch it up between these two games until Mass Effect next week; then it's going to be a hard choice especially if Ubisoft fixes For Honor.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Just started playing Destiny again on Xbone.

Mass Effect Andromeda comes out... Friday?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked up The Elder Scrolls Online for $13.50.

Been fucking binging the shit out of it. Easily 48 hours played in the 2 weeks I have had it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Picked up BF1 about a week ago, really enjoyed it so paid for the premium/deluxe, downloading the patch right now to check out the new stuff. Really hoping the next game is WWII themed. D-day on the current engine (operations style) would be a load of fun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Battlefield 2.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Fallout 4 and Forza Horizon 3. Got an Xbox 1s last week. Gamer tag is Saxman223.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been playing Total War Warhammer. Holy shit I love it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Nier Automata. Finished all routes in the game the other day. Roughy 40 hours. Starting again from a fresh save to experience it again. Hands down the best game I've played since Witcher 3. Possibly better a story than Witcher 3 if you do all the side quests which tie into the story. The 3rd route is god like. By far best soundtrack once the original, better than the first one IMHO. Gameplay is better than HZD. Never gets old.

Never have I played one game that has made me feel every human emotion possible in a story. This is a must experience game. Comes to PC tomorrow, out on PS4 now.

SE haven't done much marketing so sadly it may get other looked by many.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I have the first metroid prime on gamecube but bought a Wii just for the trilogy...and honestly I kinda hate it on the wii but then again I'm not a fan of motion controls in general. The wii has always felt "touchy" to me though

I've been playing Nier automata as well...still on my first playthrough with 2 endings unlocked so far I feel like they did nail the music. They knew how to score it to make some of the landscapes just seem epic when you first enter them and just in general. I hope they manage to not screw up the PC port though. I find the control scheme with controlling your pod a little awkward though but am getting more used to it. Storywise i'mClick To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I never played the first Nier, but I've heard good things about it. I'll pick the new one up. 
View Quote
First Nier was ok. I say ok because the story and soundtrack were great. The gameplay....not so much. It was kinda painful tbh.

Automata nails is all around. Yoko Taro has a game to be very proud of.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have the first metroid prime on gamecube but bought a Wii just for the trilogy...and honestly I kinda hate it on the wii but then again I'm not a fan of motion controls in general. The wii has always felt "touchy" to me though

I've been playing Nier automata as well...still on my first playthrough with 2 endings unlocked so far I feel like they did nail the music. They knew how to score it to make some of the landscapes just seem epic when you first enter them and just in general. I hope they manage to not screw up the PC port though. I find the control scheme with controlling your pod a little awkward though but am getting more used to it. Storywise i'mClick To View Spoiler
View Quote
Lol sounds like you got the joke endings. I need to go back and get all 21 of those. Pod does take getting use to.

Defiantly try to do as many quests as you can as you go along. Can't stress that enough.  Many of them give you insight to the story/character development and there is one that's a major part of the story. Some people rushed the game and missed it. There was only one or two I couldn't do first time around because of the massive level gap. Also check the bunker time from time for quests.  

Your second playthrough will be quicker.  It will also have some new quests and also able to finish quests left over from the first playthrough.

I'll leave it at that because I don't want to spoil anything. Enjoy :)
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So Nier Automata.

Click To View Spoiler

It is a very pretty game, and the music is nice.  Camera angles are a bit weird at times though.
View Quote
That part is from the demo, so it's not really a spoiler.  The saws can be dodged and avoided pretty easily.  When they hit the deck and start zig zagging head toward the rear of them. That whole area behind them is wide open.

Camera angles keep it fresh. I've never had an issue with them
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That part is from the demo, so it's not really a spoiler.  The saws can be dodged and avoided pretty easily.  When they hit the deck and start zig zagging head toward the rear of them. That whole area behind them is wide open.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So Nier Automata.

Click To View Spoiler

It is a very pretty game, and the music is nice.  Camera angles are a bit weird at times though.

also when in doubt just mash dodge  especially when they like lay on their sides and start kinda like following you. In fact when in doubt dodge is a good matra for the rest of the game I've found
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Rise of Flight.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Total War: Attila.

Specifically, the Seven Kingdoms mod.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Some screenshots:

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Total war is an awesome series.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Mass Effect Andromeda now
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree.

I love Attila. It's far better than Rome 2, in my opinion (although it's a little ridiculous that all the AI want to do is burn everything to the fucking ground in the Grand Campaign)

And burning cities to the ground is kind of fun on the tactical map.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I agree.

I love Attila. It's far better than Rome 2, in my opinion (although it's a little ridiculous that all the AI want to do is burn everything to the fucking ground in the Grand Campaign)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree.

I haven't gotten around to Attila yet. Sounds fun. Im busy damnit! I have a campaign in progress on Napoleon on extreme difficulty and using darthmod. Im England and own the entire med, and  just took Paris. Got a long war ahead after the allies declare me the devil
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I agree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree.

Total War Warhammer is very fun because each faction is very unique.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#40]
When I have free uninterrupted time,  Battlefield 1 or WOT or GTAV or Fallout4 in that order.  This is based on my shitty comcast internet connection working or not.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#41]
World of Warships
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Total War Warhammer is very fun because each faction is very unique.
View Quote
I could never get into Warhammer Fantasy, though, the way I could with 40k.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:43:48 AM EDT
[#43]
I played the hell out of the original TW: Rome; but haven't really been able to get into any since
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:47:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Final Fantasy on nes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I played the hell out of the original TW: Rome; but haven't really been able to get into any since
View Quote
Medieval 2 has the same mechanics as Rome 1, and is probably even better. Also, there are a shitton of mods for that game that are fucking awesome, such as Europa Barbarorum, Third Age, Warhammer, and Westeros.

Third Age is especially good.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Subnautica. I like it so far.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:12:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Burnt out on The Division, since they haven't fixed shit thats needed fixing since day 1... And Exotic caches for beating Heroic incursions, and legendary missions are only allowed once per week, kinda fucked up playing with my friends since no one wants to go through that bullshit hassle without an exotic cache reward.

So last weekend I bought NBA2K17 and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Been working a lot, so only played Horizon for a lil bit... But this weekend I'll probably binge on it.

2k17 is pretty cool so far, just been doing the MyCareer mode to level my guy up.

Not a huge bball fan, and it's actually pretty difficult for someone with zero bball knowledge... But I'm watching youtube tutorials and practicing, its helping!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I slogged through Bioshock Remaster this evening, finished that up.  I messed around a little with the Bioshock 2 remaster, which for whatever reason seems a billion times more stable and less prone to crashing than the original remaster, not sure what's going on there.  

Never played a Borderlands game, but holy hell, is Borderlands 2 fun.  Goodness, just mindless, stupid, running around and killing things fun, it's great, totally see the appeal of this series and wished I had gotten into it earlier.
View Quote
Did you get the GOTY with the expansions? I've played BL2 inside out and sideways. If you need to know ANYTHING about game.. I can tell ya.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Finally picked up Rainbow 6 Siege. Some annoyances but enjoying it overall
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:17:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Finally picked up Rainbow 6 Siege. Some annoyances but enjoying it overall
View Quote
Honestly, been playing it for a while now and I consider it to be my #1 competitive multiplayer game of all time.  The gameplay is so damn good.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top