Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't played any Zelda game since like, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask.  I'm a big fan of the series.  I'm half heartedly thinking about buying a Switch for Breath of the Wild, but I dunno.

Like I bought a Gamecube solely for Eternal Darkness, and that thing has gathered dust ever since.  I don't really want to buy a console for one title, no matter how amazing it is.
View Quote

I bought mine for Resident Evil lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#4]
My Switch has been shipped!
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#5]
They can keep it, I dont value it as much as they do.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered BOTW for my Wii-U last June and it shipped yesterday and should be here tomorrow. There goes this weekend.  

Going to order Horizon: Zero Dawn for the PS4 next. That looks good too...
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I ordered BOTW for my Wii-U last June and it shipped yesterday and should be here tomorrow. There goes this weekend.  

Going to order Horizon: Zero Dawn for the PS4 next. That looks good too...
View Quote

Playing HZD right now. Game is massive and  absolutely beautiful on my PS4 Pro. It's gonna take a while to finish. Next week Nier Automata comes out. I strongly recommend people check it out. Godly soundtrack and amazing gameplay and story.

But back to Nintendo, Zelda has been getting the highest reviews I've seen in a while. It's near perfect. Looks like the hit a homerun with it. On the flip side a lot of people are hating the switch console itself due to hardware issues.  They probably should have waited on release it and fixed the issues. Having to warranty pretty much every single unit it going to be costly :/
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Ign gave zelda a perfect 10
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#10]
98 on metacritic.  This is likely going to be 2017 game of the year.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:33:17 AM EDT
[#11]
For all of the perfect scores Zelda is getting, none of the gameplay videos I've seen look particularly interesting to me. Maybe it has a super amazing story or something
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#13]
WTF.  That's a surprise.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
WTF.  That's a surprise.
View Quote

Very much so.  I'm gonna stop back by there around lunch and see if they still have any.  I understand that they received 24 more than what had been pre-ordered.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Not really a surprise to be honest. Switch is not really in high demand.  Nintendo stated they only expect to sell 5 million units this year. The reason retailers you can pre-order from are saying sold out it because Nintendo didn't ship a ton of them for launch.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if anyone is actually going to buy 1-2 switch? Makes no sense to me that they didn't include it with the console
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It still makes no sense, and it will sit there on the shelves.  Went to Target today, sold out of all switches, controllers, zeldas, except of course for 1-2 game (and the Dance game...)

We're 3 hours in on the WiiU and have not noticed any significant frame rate drops, the game is amazing.  Surprised they were able to render a game like this on the WiiU.

There was also a significant update that it had to download before playing I imagine they've optimized the game a lot now for the WiiU.

http://i.imgur.com/cTM1G0P.jpg
View Quote

Super Mario Galaxy still looks amazing. It's not about how many pixels you can cram on to the screen. Most of it is about palette choice.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:38:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Definitely if anyone owns a WiiU pick up this game.

It's Skyrim in the world of Hyrule.
View Quote

Glad to hear. My WiiU has been packed away for a year and I think it's time to unpack it for this.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

1 thing to note.

The game doesn't let you have multiple saves per profile, meaning when you start the game, that's your save game (you can save anywhere on the map) but you can't start a new game along side it.  I made the mistake of letting my daughter start the game in my WiiU profile, so now I can't play the game from the beginning in my own profile, I had to log out and into my son's profile to start a new game.
View Quote

Nintendo, y u always do dis stupid shit
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:21:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Can you use the Switch as a tablet?

Watch vids, maybe type up some documents with a wireless keyboard?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:25:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can you use the Switch as a tablet?

Watch vids, maybe type up some documents with a wireless keyboard?
View Quote

No. It has 0 applications. Doesn't even have a browser
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:15:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No. It has 0 applications. Doesn't even have a browser
View Quote

Thanks for the quick reply. Seems like there is an untapped market there.

If the Switch had those, I wouldn't really need another tablet or laptop since that's basically what this thing is. I wonder what their plans are for the near future.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thanks for the quick reply. Seems like there is an untapped market there.

If the Switch had those, I wouldn't really need another tablet or laptop since that's basically what this thing is. I wonder what their plans are for the near future.
View Quote

It has the capability in the back end.  You can link your Facebook profile to allow screenshot uploads.  Somehow during the process, one of the gaming websites was able to navigate the full Facebook site.  They were able to view videos and what not without any issues.  It feels like the console hardware was ready and the core software was good, so they went ahead and released to the market while they continue software development on the back end.  Even their online service is being overhauled to be more similar to PSN and XBL, and isn't going to be launched until the fall if I understand correctly.  

I'm really digging the switch and would like to pick up a second one for my 5 year old daughter at some point so she'll stop hogging mine

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#31]
My friends kids have a Wii U and play minecraft and my kids want to join them online

I have an xbox360, SNES and original Wii. Should I get a Wii U or Switch?
When will minecraft be released on Switch, I see 2017 but any idea on the month?

I don't want to get a console that's being phased out but if I get a Switch, can my kids play minecraft online with their friends that are playing minecraft on their Wii U?

And my 6 year old daughter's favorite game is Zelda Link to the Past on SNES so we'd get the new Zelda game for sure.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The WiiU is a treasure trove of kid and family friendly games, not to mention co-op games.

There's 3 full Zelda games on the WiiU and they're amazing.

I posted a link in the Zelda thread, but Nintendo is selling refurbed 32gb WiiUs on Ebay, I'd pick up one of those.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My friends kids have a Wii U and play minecraft and my kids want to join them online

I have an xbox360, SNES and original Wii. Should I get a Wii U or Switch?
When will minecraft be released on Switch, I see 2017 but any idea on the month?

I don't want to get a console that's being phased out but if I get a Switch, can my kids play minecraft online with their friends that are playing minecraft on their Wii U?

And my 6 year old daughter's favorite game is Zelda Link to the Past on SNES so we'd get the new Zelda game for sure.
The WiiU is a treasure trove of kid and family friendly games, not to mention co-op games.

There's 3 full Zelda games on the WiiU and they're amazing.

I posted a link in the Zelda thread, but Nintendo is selling refurbed 32gb WiiUs on Ebay, I'd pick up one of those.
x2 for the WiiU purchase. Added bonus is the WiiU will also play Wii games and use its accessories. Zelda fans who don't have a WiiU are fake Zelda fans

Zelda titles playable on WiiU:
Wind Waker HD
Hyrule Warriors
Twilight Princess HD
Breath of the Wild
Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
Zelda
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Minish Cap
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword
Link's Crossbow Training
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top