Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 12/2/2016 2:33:23 AM EDT
So I'll be keeping this updated with any new stuff that pops up.  

4k gameplay trailer came out today btw.

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA – Official Gameplay Trailer - 4K

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#1]
EXCLUSIVE: MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA - Official CES 2017 Trailer

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Until they get rid of the white hating fuckwit that is running the team for the game, I won't be buying it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:14:42 AM EDT
[#3]
*shrug* I already preordered. 
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I might preorder.  Waiting to see more gameplay footage.  I want to see more of how the conversation system works and I'd also like to see some of the upgrade trees to see how much RPG this is vs third person shooter.

Very unconvinced this will be a worthy successor to the first trilogy, but it will probably be worth $60.  In this post-Witcher 3 world, I have higher expectations for RPGs than I used to.

ETA:  Also not a fan of the look of the new ship.  Seems like it has too many curves and not enough hard lines.  Both Normandy versions looked way better.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Didn't they swear up and down that the traditional class system was going away?  Looks like all the old classes (soldier, vanguard, sentinel, etc.) are still there.  They just added one new one to the list, looks like.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]
You aren't locked into a class and can pull skills from each class or retrain at will. 
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm torn over this game.

I really loved Mass Effect 1 but as the series went on the games just got more and more... well... meh. It was like they started chasing fads rather than trying to improve their own mechanics, and the storytelling just got weaker and weaker.

I won't preorder Andromeda, but if the reviews come back good then I might get it. I just still have this bad taste in my mouth from Mass Effect 3.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm torn over this game.

I really loved Mass Effect 1 but as the series went on the games just got more and more... well... meh. It was like they started chasing fads rather than trying to improve their own mechanics, and the storytelling just got weaker and weaker.

I won't preorder Andromeda, but if the reviews come back good then I might get it. I just still have this bad taste in my mouth from Mass Effect 3.
View Quote

I'm hopeful about it.  Then again, I'm one of those people that don't think Bioware has ever put out a bad game.  

Now I won't preorder from 343i, Eidos, or Ubisoft, unless it is a game that I have been very hands on with, or NDA tested.  The only exception will probably be the new South Park game because those are fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Mass Effect is my all time favorite trilogy. Andromeda has me skeptical. I'd MUCH rather have the remastered trilogy that's been discussed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm hopeful about it.  Then again, I'm one of those people that don't think Bioware has ever put out a bad game.  

Now I won't preorder from 343i, Eidos, or Ubisoft, unless it is a game that I have been very hands on with, or NDA tested.  The only exception will probably be the new South Park game because those are fucking hilarious.
View Quote

Dragon Age 2 wasn't garbage, but it wasn't great by any stretch.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:24:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never played it but ok. 
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#12]
It may end up being great, and I've enjoyed the previous games, but pre-ordering games is what allows developers to keep releasing unfinished dogshit. I won't be preordering any more games, period.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it another epic adventure story with great dialogue and heavy decision making or just a space/planet exploration game with quests?
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is it another epic adventure story with great dialogue and heavy decision making or just a space/planet exploration game with quests?
View Quote

From the bit of story they've leaked out, it sounds like a last ditch 'oh shit let's bail' after the Collector fight in ME2, but before the Reaper invasion of ME3.  Your dad is leading the human part of the multi species GTFO colonization fleet.  Somehow or another, he kicks the bucket or something, so you take over his position as Pathfinder for the human part of the fleet.  (blah blah, story exposition, you end up with a genetically keyed Pathfinder implant that lets you use biotics, etc at will) 

So you're trying to find a new home for the humans and worth with the other Citadel species, while getting roflstomped by the local aliens.  Some planets you'll have to go back to after you get better gear, etc.  Btw, some gear you'll be able to buy, others you have to get materials and make.

So less 'save the universe' and more exploring the ME universe and trying to survive.  Dialog looked good from what I've seen, but no idea on decision making trees, etc.  I haven't been tagged as a tester for this one.  EA has kinda been skipping me of late, and I haven't tested for Bioware, so I don't have an 'in' there.  

BUT I can see them setting this up as a new trilogy, so I'd expect a big story regardless.  EA has let them take extra extra time to make sure they get it right.  That said, I give every company one shot at a good release before I stop preorders from them.  So we'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#15]
The more I see on it, the more optimistic I become.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#16]
New trailers, showing squadmates and new races:

ANDROMEDA INITIATIVE – Pathfinder Team Briefing

MASS EFFECT™: ANDROMEDA – Official Cinematic Trailer #2
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#17]
So Reddit has made some interesting connections from the video.

1.  Your 2nd in command Cora Harper.  The Illusive Man's last name is Harper and he did have kids before going all evil.  They do have some similar facial features too.
2   The statement about Alec Ryder is kinda Cerberus like, that the Pathfinder was interested in human advancement and using AI to do it.
3.  Bioware is trolling... 
That's right, folks. AI. Not VI. Wonder how that happened....
— Michael Gamble (@GambleMike) January 27, 2017
4.  Cora Harper looks a lot like the yummy Ms. Switzerland 
5.  The mission briefings have all had a rather pro human slant to things.

BUT this is before Cerberus with chaotic evil, so it could be interesting.  Or Reddit is insane.  Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm excited about this one. I loved the ME series other than the idiotic ending to 3.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:59:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm excited about this one. I loved the ME series other than the idiotic ending to 3.
View Quote

I've been rocking ME3 multiplayer pretty much every night since it came out as backwards compatible on my Xbone.  Planning on a play through of all of them before ME:A comes out. 
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought Mass Effect 1 & 2 on steam back in 2014 during one of the sales, and never touched them. A couple weeks ago on a whim I played Mass Effect, and now I'm hooked. I purchased 3 last night and I'm about to start playing it. I really loved 1 & 2 but I'm a bit worried about how much everyone hated 3 (or at least the ending).

I haven't looked at much for Andromeda yet, since I'm trying not to spoil myself too much for 3.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I bought Mass Effect 1 & 2 on steam back in 2014 during one of the sales, and never touched them. A couple weeks ago on a whim I played Mass Effect, and now I'm hooked. I purchased 3 last night and I'm about to start playing it. I really loved 1 & 2 but I'm a bit worried about how much everyone hated 3 (or at least the ending).

I haven't looked at much for Andromeda yet, since I'm trying not to spoil myself too much for 3.
View Quote

i consider 3 to be a strong game in of itself its just they kinda dove head first into shallow end of the pool with the ending
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

i consider 3 to be a strong game in of itself its just they kinda dove head first into shallow end of the pool with the ending
View Quote
this. I'd discuss a couple of plotholes but don't want to spoil it. ME3 had some amazing music but so did 2 and 3.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:49:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
this. I'd discuss a couple of plotholes but don't want to spoil it. ME3 had some amazing music but so did 2 and 3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus Liara got all angry badass instead of bookish nerd   Such a tossup between her and Tali.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Buy the Leviathan and Citadel DLC for ME3 before you play it.  Makes it a much more palatable finish.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Buy the Leviathan and Citadel DLC for ME3 before you play it.  Makes it a much more palatable finish.
View Quote

Will do, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I think they do a Genesis for ME3 as well. Basically let's you pick the plot turns from ME2 that carry over. 
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Until they get rid of the white hating fuckwit that is running the team for the game, I won't be buying it.
View Quote

Bioware's gone downhill since they started listening to almost every whining SJW when Dragon Age 2 was under development (granted that game had plenty of problems of it's own, SJWs or not).

It was great seeing some devs on social media tell them off, though they probably got tired of the constant harassment and some shut down their tumblrs/twitters.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I finished all 3 games, and I didn't really have an issue with the way it ended. I'm guessing that's most likely because I had DLCs (extended story, Leviathan, Citadel, and From Ashes) and I knew nothing about what was promised when 3 was being promoted. Overall I really enjoyed this game, even if it did give me a lot of emotions (chiefly deep sadness and white hot rage). I'm for sure going to do another play through and see how it all shakes out when I make different choices.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bioware's gone downhill since they started listening to almost every whining SJW when Dragon Age 2 was under development (granted that game had plenty of problems of it's own, SJWs or not).

It was great seeing some devs on social media tell them off, though they probably got tired of the constant harassment and some shut down their tumblrs/twitters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two big things happened to Bioware:  
- EA bought Bioware
- The head writer of Dragon Age is rainbow-flag waving, yell-it-from-the-rooftops gay.  While he left last year, Bioware is still owned by EA.

The only ray of hope is that writer Drew Karpyshyn returned (presumably after a failed solo run).  Though he's not amazing, he's pretty solid.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Two big things happened to Bioware:  
- EA bought Bioware
- The head writer of Dragon Age is rainbow-flag waving, yell-it-from-the-rooftops gay.  While he left last year, Bioware is still owned by EA.

The only ray of hope is that writer Drew Karpyshyn returned (presumably after a failed solo run).  Though he's not amazing, he's pretty solid.
View Quote

His ideas for how ME3's story would have gone with dark matter and whatnot made far more sense, and fit far better with the hints and nods given in the previous games.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#31]
MASS EFFECT Andromeda | Combat Weapons & Skills | Official Gameplay Series - Part 1
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:44:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Of the first three I only played a little bit of mass effect 1. What I remeber of it boils down to chasing some groot looking motherfucker with a bad attitude for some reason.

Read this really isnt a part 4 and more a soft reboot so thinking about actually picking it up. Been itching to play a decent space based rpg, and the wee bit I looked at it makes it seem decent.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:41:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Of the first three I only played a little bit of mass effect 1. What I remeber of it boils down to chasing some groot looking motherfucker with a bad attitude for some reason.

Read this really isnt a part 4 and more a soft reboot so thinking about actually picking it up. Been itching to play a decent space based rpg, and the wee bit I looked at it makes it seem decent.
View Quote

One as a good game, but was a rough start for the series.  It really picks up with two, and three is the best of them IMO.  

ME:A is expanding the universe without being set in any of the timelines at the end of ME:3.  Figure it's right after 2, but everyone goes into cryosleep for ~600 years to travel to a new galaxy.  So kinda yes and no on soft reboot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Probably going to pick this up for a digital download, but will wait until the week before release before I purchase and download it to my Xbone. Sarah Ryder's face looks off to me from the one conversation trailer I saw, but recent screen captures, and trailers, particularly the ones where they explain the classless system shows a more feminine face, instead of the doughy one from January.

I've been waiting for a good scifi RPG to sink into. Halo Wars 2 should tide me over until this game releases in 4 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Meh, Bioware can suck a bag of dicks.  I'll wait for Cyberpunk 2077.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#36]
i clearly haven't stayed caught up. I thought this was taking place after the reaper invasion . Figured they'd have to have colony ships with the mass relays being fucked
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i clearly haven't stayed caught up. I thought this was taking place after the reaper invasion . Figured they'd have to have colony ships with the mass relays being fucked
View Quote
Technically, it is after the reapers invaded the Milky Way, but the voyage started before the invasion, and the game takes place 600 years later because of the long voyage. Everyone in MEA from the Milky Way was in cryo for the entire trip, so nobody in the game really has any context for the Reapers, so it is fairly close to a blank slate in terms of the narrative.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you notice there in 2149, Alec Ryder is mentioned being one of the first to go through the Charon mass relay. He is the father of Sara and Scott.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I am going to preorder this, maybe today.
ME1- game was alright. I played ME2 first, which kind of ruined it a little. Was a bit glitch as well on PC.
ME2- best game ever
ME3- game was really strong up until the very end
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I can't wait for this game. It's going to be sick. Hopefully it has a good story like the original trilogy, and they can turn Andromeda into a successful series.

BTW that "you vs the ship she tells you not to worry about" is all sorts of wrong, I'd still take the Normandy SR2 any day
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Amazon has "Direct to Account" or "Online Game Code". Both are $59.9x
Wonder if I can use the $8 sale/promo code today?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:37:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Amazon has "Direct to Account" or "Online Game Code". Both are $59.9x
Wonder if I can use the $8 sale/promo code today?
View Quote

Nope.  I tried.  Thankfully I had a credit and just got the digital download code.  That said, if you are able to get the hard copy, the digital deluxe is ~$55 with the Prime 20% off.  Only reason I went with digital is that it takes them a week or two to ship new releases up here, and I'll be out of state when it gets here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#43]
I added the physical copy. Can't beat the savings. They don't have the digital deluxe for PC- at least Amazon doesn't.

I always play the same type of character in mass effect. The sneaky sniper guy. This time is going to be different. I want to be a space ninja with a sword and biotic powers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#44]
MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA – Voicing Dr Lexi T’Perro

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA | Combat Profiles & Squads | Official Gameplay Series - Part 2
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I feel dirty, and I have betrayed my word... preordered on XOne. Deluxe edition even. I am a sucker...
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll be getting this on PC for sure
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Lucky for me I just built a new computer about 4 months ago. I haven't really gamed on it much yet, here is my chance!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Already installed. Now I just have to wait. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Theory (WAG). I'll put it in spoiler tags. This is the first time I've even watched a trailer for this game, as I swore off ME after 3 ended... but I always knew I loved this universe too much to stay away....

Click To View Spoiler

Anywho, that's how the story would go if I were writing it. It's better than RGB, because life is futile. ;)
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Ugh, I promised myself not to preorder games anymore, but I'm getting hyped from the recent influx of info. I'll wait until the night before release to buy and install it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top