BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2016 10:58:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#1]
My predictions:

1. The NES Classic will outsell it.
2. Sales figures and developer support will approximate the Wii U.
3. It will be nicknamed the Nintendo Ditch, for developers and gamers ditching it shortly after launch.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#2]
So... it's what the Wii U should have been?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Nintendo's new system is a PSP
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
They should have stopped at Nintendo 64.  It's been embarrassing ever since.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They need to go the way of Sega and just license their stuff for development on other systems. I'd buy the shit out of Mario and Zelda games for my PS4 but I won't he buying their new system.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I need to see specs, pricing and details of backwards compatibility. Allow me to download Virtual Console purchases from my WiiU, cost around $300-$350 and announce Fire Emblem, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros and I'll be tempted to pick it up. The video showed Skyrim playing so it's safe to figure that there is some decent power under the hood for once.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They need to go the way of Sega and just license their stuff for development on other systems. I'd buy the shit out of Mario and Zelda games for my PS4 but I won't he buying their new system.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The amount of weird japanese stuff that nintendo has a choke hold on is kind of crazy too, not even just their 1st party stuff. I'd kill for a monster hunter game on anything but a 3ds at this point.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I think Nintendo has their market sewn up. People keep wanting them to compete with Sony and Microsoft when they clearly have no desire to.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I've played every new generation of Nintendo consoles less than the previous one.  Unfortunately, I won't be buying this one at all.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Hmm looks pretty cool.

Is the the new Gameboy or already a WiiU replacement?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hmm looks pretty cool.

Is the the new Gameboy or already a WiiU replacement?
View Quote

I read that it is a successor to the WiiU.  A Gameboy (actually 3DS) successor is coming later.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I need to see specs, pricing and details of backwards compatibility. Allow me to download Virtual Console purchases from my WiiU, cost around $300-$350 and announce Fire Emblem, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros and I'll be tempted to pick it up. The video showed Skyrim playing so it's safe to figure that there is some decent power under the hood for once.
View Quote

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/?__prclt=15J8iHhZ

Tegra CPU and Pascal GPU.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmm.  Sounds like solid hardware, right?
Always was a fan of Nvidia.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hmm.  Sounds like solid hardware, right?
Always was a fan of Nvidia.
View Quote

Tegra is what powers the shield and its impressive, while Pacal is their new GTX 1000 line of gpus which are currently the best on the market.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not a console player, but it looks like silly gimmicky shit like all of Nintendo's past several consoles. That's cool though that they'll be able to play Skyrim on it, a game that's 5 years old now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

At this point port a Zelda and Super Mario to PS4 for VR.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

the WiiU is actually a solid system, the games in fact have had higher metacritic ratings than the top games on the other consoles.  Issue is obviously Mario, Link and Donkey Kong and company doesn't appeal to the majority of gamers anymore, so it didn't matter how amazing the games were (and they are I have them).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the WiiU is actually a solid system, the games in fact have had higher metacritic ratings than the top games on the other consoles.  Issue is obviously Mario, Link and Donkey Kong and company doesn't appeal to the majority of gamers anymore, so it didn't matter how amazing the games were (and they are I have them).

Disagree.  I believe people still want Mario.  

The issue with the WiiU is "what the hell is that?  Is that a huge gameboy or something?  Or is it some kind of mutant console?  Whatever, I'll buy an Xbox".

The Switch is a little different.  They've gone to greater lengths to explain what it is.  Still, I think it's an answer to a problem no one has.  People would buy a new DS.  People would buy a new Nintendo console.  I don't think people will buy this.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd buy the Switch before an Xbox or Playstation just because I like the Nintendo line up(Zelda) and I don't play games often enough to care too much which is awesomer. When ever I get a newer console, I'll probably nerd out on some of the older Zelda games in a fit of awesome nostalgia. Conveniently some of those games are available on Virtual Console.

The list of 3rd party support ought to help sales a bunch. I remember reading some reasons why the Wii U didn't sell well. One thought was consumers maybe thought it was an upgrade, not a whole new machine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top