Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2016 11:49:55 PM EDT
Well? Anyone else playing? I've got about an hour and a half on freedom mode because I'm a pussy and can't find food and water fast enough

Had to reload my game because quartz and scrap metal don't seem to be spawning on my map.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm deeply afraid of the depths so I have avoided that game like the plague. Some of the big creatures in that game are too much for me.

It's weird because scary games don't tend to scare me but that game does.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 1:14:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I used air pipes from the surface, slowly increasing my depth...

I got scared when I heard some big sea demon
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Survival horror is not my favorite genre, but I have to admit that I really dig Subnautica.

But you won't catch ME going out at night, and that's a fact!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked it up last night since it's currently on sale.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Its a lot of fun, it's also terrifying. Doubly terrifying for me as I saw Jaws when I was way too little and have been freaked out ever since about swimming in large bodies of water (it really didn't help that I lived in Florida at the time, and would commonly be taken water skiing on lakes that were known to be populated by alligators)

I will say though that the player character has to be the dumbest high technology person in fiction. You can use a hand held laser projector thingy to fuse together materials and make a fully functional nuclear reactor. But you cant tie your knife to a length of pipe and have a spear. Thanks Devs.

Politics nonwithstanding, the game is quite awesome and has a lot of development potential. They just implemented the exo-suits and added a bunch of content concerning exploring the aurora. They did nerf the lantern fruits however, and it seems they also increased the consumption rate of food and water. I am slightly terrified at encountering the Sea Dragon when they implement it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait till the Reaper Leviathan grabs you unexpectedly and roars in your face
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait till the Reaper Leviathan grabs you unexpectedly and roars in your face
View Quote

That's what that thing is!  I bought it on sale a week or so ago and have been playing it quite a bit.  In freedom mode because I hate having to spend all my time dealing with food and water.

Finally took my first foray into the Aurora and found a second island with a few base components on it I was able to scan.

So now I have a small undersea base near my lifepod.  I can store extra junk there and I also use it to charge up any batteries I use while out and about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top