User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/3/2016 2:30:35 AM EDT
Here's mine:

Case: Corsair 780T full tower

Motherboard: MSI Godlike Gaming X99A

Processor: Intel 5930k 3.5 stock (Over clocked to 4.2ghz)

Cooling: Corsair H110I GTX 280mm radiator

Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB with Corsair light kits

HDD: Western Digital 2TB black

SDD: Samsung EVO 256GB

Power Supply: Corsair AX1200i Platinum

DVD/CD reader: LG bluray/cd rewriter and reader

Video Card: MSI 980TI 6GB

Light kit: NXZT HUE+

Fans: Corsair AF120 & AF140

Keyboard & Mouse: Razer Chroma & Mamba wireless

Speakers: Bose Companion 5 <--- Awesome sound

Monitor: LG 30"

Headphones: Sennheiser HD650

Gaming chair: DX Racer King series with cushions for neck and lower spine support! <--- One of the best gaming chairs on the market for gamers of all kinds.

Over all cost....$4,500

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:33:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Not quite as purdy

Case: NZXT S340 black/red
MOBO: MSI Gaming 5
Processor: Intel i5 4690k oc'd to 4.3ghz (really need to sit down and get more out of it)
Cooler: Corsair h115i 280mm rad
RAM: Corsair vengeance DDR3 16gb (2x8)
HDD: Western Digital 1tb blue
SSD: Samsung EVO 850 250gb
Power Supply: EVGA G2 Platinum 650w
Optical Drive: None
GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (non X)
Lights: NZXT red led kit
Fans: 1x120mm Cooler Master Jetflo rear exhaust,1x140mm Cougar CFV14HB top exhaust
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Vengeance, cherry mx red switches
Mouse: Corsair m65 RGB pro
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1080p 144Hz
Headphones: Sennheiser HD558
Misc: 1 FunkoPop Deadpool bobble

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Y'all are going to be super jealous of my rig. No pictures needed to understand its awesomeness:

Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz (from 2008)
Motherboard: ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX (from 2008)
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (from 2011)
HDD: Hitachi 500GB 7200RPM (from 2009)

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not quite as purdy

Processor: Intel i5 4690k oc'd to 4.3ghz (really need to sit down and get more out of it)

Fans: 1x120mm Cooler Master Jetflo rear exhaust,1x140mm Cougar CFV14HB top exhaust

http://i.imgur.com/fLghgme.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/n0EkJ0v.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wEJEbAR.jpg
View Quote

Still nice though. I do have a question about you're headphones the Sennheiser HD558 how you like them? I have the Sennheiser HD650 headphones I love the quality and the audio for them. But I hated the price tag I paid for them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Y'all are going to be super jealous of my rig. No pictures needed to understand its awesomeness:

Processor: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz (from 2008)

Motherboard: ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX (from 2008)

Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (from 2011)

HDD: Hitachi 500GB 7200RPM (from 2009)

View Quote

Lol, I bet it gets the job done though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is older but gets the job done:

Case: Corsair Carbide 330R Silent Case
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro
CPU: Intel 2600K i7 oc'ed to somewhere in the 4.0 range (I forget where exactly)
Cooler: Corsair H60
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32gb (4x8gb)
SSD: Samsung Pro 512gb x 2 (one is system drive, second is dedicated "games" drive)
HHD: Western Digital Black 3TB x 2 (raid 1)
PSU: Corsair 850 modular
DVD: LiteON Blu Ray BDRW
Video Card: Asus GTX980 Strix x2 in SLI
Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x2, 140mm x2
KB+M: Razer Black Widow and Death Adder Black
Speakers: Logitech Z623's through a Sound Blaster Zx card
Headphones: Lost in a closet somewhere, forget what type never use them anymore
Monitor: Acer Predator Z35 35"
Cat: British Shorthair male, 5 years old, sleeps on glass desk above tower where the heat is warmest

No lights, no see-into case, no fancy chairs or desk... chair and desk came from Office Max like ten years ago plus.

My setup is starting to show its age in some spots, but it has yet to buckle under any game I've played. I'll try to snap a depressing picture when I get home.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Still nice though. I do have a question about you're headphones the Sennheiser HD558 how you like them? I have the Sennheiser HD650 headphones I love the quality and the audio for them. But I hated the price tag I paid for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not quite as purdy

http://i.imgur.com/fLghgme.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/n0EkJ0v.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wEJEbAR.jpg

Allegedly they don't quite have the same bass response as the hd598, but the driver is the same, the housing is just slightly different. I guess if you take them apart and remove a piece of foam on each side they're identical to the 598 at that point. I got them on sale for $70 I think... Anyways, for the money I'm extremely happy with them. Replaceable cable, good build quality, comfortable, can be driven off my motherboard audio, sound even better if I run extra power on the motherboard to drive them. I don't think you can really beat them for the money.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mine is older but gets the job done:

Case: Corsair Carbide 330R Silent Case
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro
CPU: Intel 2600K i7 oc'ed to somewhere in the 4.0 range (I forget where exactly)
Cooler: Corsair H60
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32gb (4x8gb)
SSD: Samsung Pro 512gb x 2 (one is system drive, second is dedicated "games" drive)
HHD: Western Digital Black 3TB x 2 (raid 1)
PSU: Corsair 850 modular
DVD: LiteON Blu Ray BDRW
Video Card: Asus GTX980 Strix x2 in SLI
Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x2, 140mm x2
KB+M: Razer Black Widow and Death Adder Black
Speakers: Logitech Z623's through a Sound Blaster Zx card
Headphones: Lost in a closet somewhere, forget what type never use them anymore
Monitor: Acer Predator Z35 35"
Cat: British Shorthair male, 5 years old, sleeps on glass desk above tower where the heat is warmest

No lights, no see-into case, no fancy chairs or desk... chair and desk came from Office Max like ten years ago plus.

My setup is starting to show its age in some spots, but it has yet to buckle under any game I've played. I'll try to snap a depressing picture when I get home.

View Quote

The only "weak" spot seems to be MAYBE the processor, and even then it's not going to be bottlenecking say a gtx 1080. That's still a monster setup currently and if you're thinking of upgrading I'd hold off. I think you'll probably see even more life out of it with dx12/vulkan
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The only "weak" spot seems to be MAYBE the processor, and even then it's not going to be bottlenecking say a gtx 1080. That's still a monster setup currently and if you're thinking of upgrading I'd hold off. I think you'll probably see even more life out of it with dx12/vulkan
View Quote

I'm not really in the market for upgrading anything major right now. I figure I'm going to wait for the GPU generation after the 1080s then do a complete, from the ground up new build.

I figure in about two years the market is either going to keep giving us what we have now, which are kneecapped console ports or it is going to actually mature again and start really fleshing out the 4K arena... aka a real reason to upgrade.

I could simply be too far up my own ass to notice, but I have not really seen a "line in the sand" moment for PC gaming in the last few generations. The last one I really remember was the first Crysis, that made everyone take a step back and say "shit my system is garbage". Everything lately just feels like tiny, incremental steps in a circle... giving us the same things we've always had just with new hats. All this horsepower and nothing really earth-shattering to show for it. Like we all own thousand horsepower dragsters yet we are forced to race them on the kiddie track with the 100 horsepower rice jobs. Or perhaps I'm just a cynical prick who has been in the game too long.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced blue edition
Mobo: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth MK 1
CPU: 4790K OC'ed to 4.4
CPU Cooler : Arctic Cooling Freezer
Memory: Corsair Vengeance  2x8 gig
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512 Gig
Power: EVGA 850 G2 Supernova
DVD: Samsung dvd burner
GPU: EVGA 1080 SC
Keyboard: Logitech G510
Mouse: Razer Naga Hex
Monitor: Acer Predator 27" 1440P 144Hz
Headsets: Logitech G933. Currently getting them replaced under warranty, then most likely selling them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm not really in the market for upgrading anything major right now. I figure I'm going to wait for the GPU generation after the 1080s then do a complete, from the ground up new build.

I figure in about two years the market is either going to keep giving us what we have now, which are kneecapped console ports or it is going to actually mature again and start really fleshing out the 4K arena... aka a real reason to upgrade.

I could simply be too far up my own ass to notice, but I have not really seen a "line in the sand" moment for PC gaming in the last few generations. The last one I really remember was the first Crysis, that made everyone take a step back and say "shit my system is garbage". Everything lately just feels like tiny, incremental steps in a circle... giving us the same things we've always had just with new hats. All this horsepower and nothing really earth-shattering to show for it. Like we all own thousand horsepower dragsters yet we are forced to race them on the kiddie track with the 100 horsepower rice jobs. Or perhaps I'm just a cynical prick who has been in the game too long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, devs are getting more efficient. Moore's law is kind of out the window right now. Hardware wise I don't think another big jump is coming until graphene catches on. For now it seems power consumption is the focus.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well, devs are getting more efficient. Moore's law is kind of out the window right now. Hardware wise I don't think another big jump is coming until graphene catches on. For now it seems power consumption is the focus.
View Quote

So what is the current system crippler these days? When it comes to PC gaming I tend to keep to my little circle of games and genres and rarely look beyond my own monitor.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#12]
My Build on PCPARTPICKER *quick edit* build isn't up yet, here's a link to the list : http://pcpartpicker.com/list/CPJ9Gf

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Photo of my lame, non-light riddled, solid cased failstation.

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/JsARCLIGHT/IMG_0436_zpsphz80mps.jpg
View Quote

One of these days, I'll upgrade to a larger Predator like that. I have the 27". Great monitor so far.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

One of these days, I'll upgrade to a larger Predator like that. I have the 27". Great monitor so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to think the higher refresh rate monitors and Gsync were just gimmicks, now I'll never have another monitor that ISN'T at least 120hz with Gsync.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So what is the current system crippler these days? When it comes to PC gaming I tend to keep to my little circle of games and genres and rarely look beyond my own monitor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it was the CPU more or less, dx12 and vulkan seem to boost fps across the board since if you're pretty gpu heavy with a meh cpu it'll shift the workload around to compensate, overall more efficient.

I'd say if you're on an AMD processor that is generally a system crippler. Not being an intel fanboy, but intel has had better performance lately. I mean, a 2600k generally won't bottleneck a 1080 in a lot of games. I don't think we're going to see a huge system crippler until the next gpu generation. 8gb ddr3 is plenty for almost anything out right now, most games are running great on i5s, even i3s in a lot of cases, and even the cheapest of the new GPUs will be plenty for most AAA games at 1080p with decent frames.

So I dunno, what a time to be alive.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I used to think the higher refresh rate monitors and Gsync were just gimmicks, now I'll never have another monitor that ISN'T at least 120hz with Gsync.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In total agreement there. My last monitor was 144Hz, but no Gsync. Then I got the predator and I was hooked.  I think stepping up from 1080P to 1440P also helped.                                                                                                                      
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

In total agreement there. My last monitor was 144Hz, but no Gsync. Then I got the predator and I was hooked.  I think stepping up from 1080P to 1440P also helped.                                                                                                                      
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just convinced myself I'm fine at 1080p for a little while more, now you're making me think of working a few hours of ot to get a predator. You're a bad person.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#20]
wrong thread
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:45:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Case: Alienware 17 R3 (Yes, a laptop)
CPU: i7-6820HK @ 4GHz
Memory: 16GB Hyundai Electronics DDR4 @ 2,132 MHz
SSD: 1TB Samsung 951 NVMe
HDD: 1TB Hitachi Travelstar 7200 RPM
GPU: GTX 980M or PNY GTX 1080 Founders Edition when my graphics amplifier is plugged in
Mouse: Logitech G700s
Headsets: Logitech G930
Peripherals: Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG joystick/throttle, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder pedals, TrackIR

3DMARK 11 PERFORMANCE 1.0:
19,308 w/ GTX 1080
11,795 w/ internal GTX 980M
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I just convinced myself I'm fine at 1080p for a little while more, now you're making me think of working a few hours of ot to get a predator. You're a bad person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you do end up getting one, I'm sure you'll be very impressed with it. You'll need some good GPU power to make the best use of it though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Thinkpad W530 i7 I got for $1200 on Woot for CAD
180GB SSD for OS and games
500GB HD in shuttle for storage
NVIDIA K2000M 2GB
Corsair m65 laser mouse

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Antec Eleven Hundred case
Samsung DVDRW 22X SATA OEM  
Cooler Master V700 700W PSU (same guts as Seasonic KM3)
Intel Core i7-4770k
Asus Z87 Pro
Cooler Master 212 Evo
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2x8) DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) F3-2400C10D-16GTX
SAMSUNG 850 500 GB
Western Digital WD Black WD4001FAEX 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA
EVGA GTX780 3GB FTW
GTX 650ti (PhysX dedicated)
X-Star DP2710 2560x1440  (times 2)
Some cheap 1080p LED for a third monitor

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Just built last week.  So far so good.  After an hour or two playing Arma temps are good - 30C on CPU, 68C on GPU.  Frames on Altis in a full Exile server usually run high 40's to mid 50's

Intel i7 6700K
Gigabyte mITX Gaming 5 Mobo
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz
Sandisk Z400s 128GB M.2 2280 SSD (for O/S)
SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SATA III SSD (Arma and Shadowplay)
WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM (All other Games & Storage)
EVGA Supernova 650 Gold Modular PSU
CorsairH100i V2
(2) Thermaltake 140mm Pure 14 Series Red LED High Airflow Case Fan
(2) Thermaltake 120mm Pure 12 Series Red LED High Airflow Case Fan
Nzxt GRID+V2 Digital Fan Controller
Fractal Design NANO S
Microsoft Windows 10
Logitech G502 mouse
Corsair K70 keyboard
Logitech G11 keypad
Logitech G430 Headset
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Prior set up:

Now:

Same system, only thing changed was upgraded monitor, headset, and case, and added a Soundblaster Zx

Asus Maximus VI Extreme

i7-4470k

16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM (4x4)

Corsair AIO cooler

2x GTX 780 Ti SLI

AX1200 PSU

Soundblaster Zx

H440 case

G710+ keyboard

G502 mouse

Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X headset

Acer 27" 144hz 1440please IPS monitor with G-Sync
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Getting a little long in the tooth but it still runs pretty well. Radeon 7990, 4770k @4.2, 2x Samsung evos in raid0 and a couple more storage drives. 32gigs of ram, and a full on custom cabling job and case chop for the overkill cooling setup.

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#30]
My gaming computer is an antique:

Azza Solano 1000 Full-Tower Advance Cooling Case w/ Dual 230mm Fan + Extra 3 Fans
Maximum Enermax 120MM Case Cooling Fans

Intel® Core™ i7-3930K Six-Core 3.20 GHz 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 OC'd to 4 GHz

Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan
Dual Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fans

Asus P9X79 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ UEFI BIOS, 7.1 HD Audio, Intel GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI (SLI/Crossfire)

32GB (4GBx8) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Kingston)

Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 4 GB

4X Samsung and Dell 1900x1200 monitors

Been running 24/7 since late 2012. Graphics are an upgrade from the original

Currently planning to swap in a pair of Samsung 960TB EVO SSD to replace the original SSD 240 Gb boot drives. has 3 TB internal HD as well. Everything backed up to a 16 TB NAS

Considering going to the 1080 GTX (pair) and run a 4K 43" screen and two of the current monitors.  Mainly work on the system, game play consists of L4D2, Borderlands, and the current version of Doom. None of them really tax the system, so as long as it runs (knock wood) I'll stick with it.

ETA: Old Pic

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#31]

If you do end up getting one, I'm sure you'll be very impressed with it. You'll need some good GPU power to make the best use of it though.
View Quote

I was going to go with the xb271hu, 27" 1440p gsync. I think a gtx1080 should be ok
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Just built this last week, finally upgraded from an 8 year old Dell XPS.  
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wsTQqkPC Partpicker Gaming Rig

Now I just need to OC the CPU a bit, maybe the 1070 GTX.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#33]
4970k at 4.6
GTX970
500gb SSD and 2tb of HDDs
16gb DDR3
ect

Still had a 760 in this pic.

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Case: Alienware 17 R3 (Yes, a laptop)
CPU: i7-6820HK @ 4GHz
Memory: 16GB Hyundai Electronics DDR4 @ 2,132 MHz
SSD: 1TB Samsung 951 NVMe
HDD: 1TB Hitachi Travelstar 7200 RPM
GPU: GTX 980M or PNY GTX 1080 Founders Edition when my graphics amplifier is plugged in
Mouse: Logitech G700s
Headsets: Logitech G930
Peripherals: Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG joystick/throttle, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder pedals, TrackIR

3DMARK 11 PERFORMANCE 1.0:
19,308 w/ GTX 1080
11,795 w/ internal GTX 980M
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I was going to go with the xb271hu, 27" 1440p gsync. I think a gtx1080 should be ok
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same monitor as me. I have a 1080 SC and can't max some games with it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Very nice. You have the Hue+ lightning?
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the Monitor as well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

4970k at 4.6

GTX970

500gb SSD and 2tb of HDDs

16gb DDR3

ect

Still had a 760 in this pic.

http://i.imgur.com/fAMgV1Y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hGX4gCt.jpg
View Quote

Not bad!
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Cool rigs...

I used to spec and build my gaming rigs... Now I just order them assembled. I no longer have the desire to research all the latest tech and stuff...
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I need to pull the trigger on that Predator 32" (or whatever it is), keep seeing it go down slightly every few months at Microcenter but last I saw it it was still in the $900 range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need to pull the trigger on that Predator 32" (or whatever it is), keep seeing it go down slightly every few months at Microcenter but last I saw it it was still in the $900 range.

I really like it. I don't mind that it isn't 4K or 1440, the higher framerate makes up for it. I was actually playing most of my games at 2560x1080 anyway in order to keep a rock solid 60 fps with all the bells and whistles. Now with the Z35 I can break out of the vsync 60 and just let the refresh rate float. In some games like Witcher and Doom you can really see a drastic swing in framerates, but in other games it holds steady at 90+.

The only complaint I really have is a carryover complaint from my LG (that is now used on my MBP), which is that many games still do not natively support ultrawide resolutions and you get weird anomalies from time to time. Case in point, I'm currently going back and replaying the Dead Island games and while they support ultrawide, their menus do not... which means when you are upgrading your character in the character menu, the confirmation popup just starts skewing to the right. Eventually it is off the screen and the game locks you out because you can no longer click on the OK button as it is off screen. Another complaint is with games like Fallout 4 and the new Wolfenstien that use UI overlays... they only made the overlay for a 16:9 image, so when you are in power armor or whatnot the overlay just abruptly ends a few inches before the edge of your screen.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:56:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Cool rigs...

I used to spec and build my gaming rigs... Now I just order them assembled. I no longer have the desire to research all the latest tech and stuff...
View Quote

I biult 2 prior to 2009. In '09 the psu went out and fried the motherboard in a 5 yr old PC. I bought an Alienware Aurora, and I used it until April/May of this year. The only thing I upgraded was the memory, psu and graphics card. It's dated, but still a viable gaming PC. I gave it to my son.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:49:45 AM EDT
[#43]
I updated the Hue+ lighting color to white color looks a lot better than the red I think in overall appearance.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#44]

Not pictured is 16g DDR4. Now I'm waiting for the 1080 Ti
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#45]
mins a little old but still ok for now. plan on getting a new cpu, mb, and ram soon maybe when Kaby lake or cannon lake whenever those come out. want to get a case labs s5 case but don't know when.

the setup

cpu - intel i7 870 at 4ghz
mb - asus rog iii gene p55
ram - 16gb of mushken stealth
gfx card - asus strix 970 oc
hdd - 128gb samsung 830 ssd, 250gb crucial bx100 ssd, 2 1tb samsung f3 in raid 0, 1 1tb seagate 7200.12
case - fractal design define s r2
cooling - water

setup has changed a little from this and little more messy but more or less like this pic

mostly the same other then this is with my gtx480 that was watercooled now i have a gtx 970 on air but still the same looks.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Keep me updated on the 1080TI on how you like it and overall performance.

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Just picked up a 4k panel for my setup yesterday while BestBuy had them on sale, looks pretty amazing.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-U45H
CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8GHz
Ram: CORSAIR VENGENANCE 16GB (2x8GB) @ 1600MHz
GPU: EVGA GTX980 Ti Classified @ 1550/8002
Case CORSAIR 750D
SSD: SAN DISK EXTREME 240GB & Samsung EVO 500
HD: SAMSUNG F1 RAID SERIES 1 TB x2 @ RAID 0
Fan: CORSAIR SP120 (X10) Blue Ring
Fan: CORSAIR AF140 Blue Ring
Sound Card: SOUND BLASTER RECON 3D FATAL1TY
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 G2 w/EVGA Blue sleeved cables
Keyboard: LOGITECHG510S
Monitors: DELL U2412M (X2) & LG 27UD68 4K
Heatsink: HEATKILLER CPU REV 3.0
Cooling: EK 780 Classy WB (perfect fit for 980 Ti Classified)
Cooling: SWIFTECH MCR320XP (360MMX34MM)
Cooling: SWIFTECH MCR220XP (240MMX34MM)
Cooling: SWIFTECH MCP655B PUMP
Cooling: BITSPOWER WATER TANK Z-MULTI 250 ICE BLUE
Cooling: BITSPOWER 1/2" BARB FITTINGS (X10)
Cooling: XSPC 7/16" BLUE HOSE
Cooling: KINGWIN FPX-001 4-CHANNEL FAN CONTROLLER

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just picked up a 4k panel for my setup yesterday while BestBuy had them on sale, looks pretty amazing.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-U45H
CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8GHz
Ram: CORSAIR VENGENANCE 16GB (2x8GB) @ 1600MHz
GPU: EVGA GTX980 Ti Classified @ 1550/8002
Case CORSAIR 750D
SSD: SAN DISK EXTREME 240GB & Samsung EVO 500
HD: SAMSUNG F1 RAID SERIES 1 TB x2 @ RAID 0
Fan: CORSAIR SP120 (X10) Blue Ring
Fan: CORSAIR AF140 Blue Ring
Sound Card: SOUND BLASTER RECON 3D FATAL1TY
PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 G2 w/EVGA Blue sleeved cables
Keyboard: LOGITECHG510S
Monitors: DELL U2412M (X2) & LG 27UD68 4K
Heatsink: HEATKILLER CPU REV 3.0
Cooling: EK 780 Classy WB (perfect fit for 980 Ti Classified)
Cooling: SWIFTECH MCR320XP (360MMX34MM)
Cooling: SWIFTECH MCR220XP (240MMX34MM)
Cooling: SWIFTECH MCP655B PUMP
Cooling: BITSPOWER WATER TANK Z-MULTI 250 ICE BLUE
Cooling: BITSPOWER 1/2" BARB FITTINGS (X10)
Cooling: XSPC 7/16" BLUE HOSE
Cooling: KINGWIN FPX-001 4-CHANNEL FAN CONTROLLER

View Quote

My new pump/res combo came in over the weekend so I cleaned up my loop. Also trying out some Mayhem coolant mix. Color matches the light blue from Corsair pretty well.. wish my wire loom matched.. oh well..

Changed out the blue coolent hoses and the pump/res for clear hose and an ek pump/res combo

After 24hr leak test, all set back up. 250ml Mayhem coolant w/ 750ml distilled water

New monitor setup, 27" LG 4k IPS in the middle, two 24" Dell 1920x1200 IPS on either side

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
PU<a href="https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gx648d/intel-cpu-bx80662i56600k" target="_blank">https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/50d6d4332c55b9c1acc39474c5cefde2.256p.jpg</a>Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
$219.99FREE$219.99Newegg
Combo discount automatically applied. (View details.)
CPU Cooler<a href="https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CrDzK8/corsair-cpu-cooler-cw9060025ww" target="_blank">https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/d1031d211e4efb641e8f8c7c2b2aeee7.256p.jpg</a>Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
$101.99-$10.00FREE$91.99NeweggBuy Combo
Combo discount automatically applied. (View details.)
$10.00 mail-in rebate
Motherboard<a href="https://pcpartpicker.com/product/GYH48d/asrock-motherboard-fatal1tyz170gamingk4" target="_blank">https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/c0a7817c066c8b6c84d65f32e93a828b.256p.jpg</a>ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
$140.99-$25.00$2.99$118.98NeweggBuy
$25.00 mail-in rebate
Memory<a href="https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sykwrH/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gtzb" target="_blank">https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/547254ee0ac95fa17876daddbe96763f.256p.jpg</a>G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
$89.99FREE$89.99Newegg(Overridden)Buy
Add Additional Memory
Storage<a href="https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JMPfrH/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7ke256bw" target="_blank">https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/e46ea83d20b504fc691293d4a1d95bc1.med.256p.jpg</a>Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
$124.84$124.84Amazon(Overridden)Buy
<a href="https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XtjG3C/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd2003fzex" target="_blank">https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/ad8e668a94bd177b3fb0a09248cc48a9.med.256p.jpg</a>Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
$122.99FREE$122.99Newegg(Overridden)Buy
Add Additional Storage
Video Card<a href="https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YpH48d/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-g1-gaming-video-card-gv-n1070g1-gaming-8gd" target="_blank">https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/f9afd5ae08e5391820a6f5d3346dfaa3.256p.jpg</a>Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card
$429.00FREE$429.00B&HBuy
Case<a href="https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9JvRsY/corsair-case-cc9011049ww" target="_blank">https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/f7d94a139adbc5f410cf59354238ab10.med.256p.jpg</a>Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case
$119.99-$10.00FREE$109.99NeweggBuy
$10.00 mail-in rebate
Power Supply<a href="https://pcpartpicker.com/product/g63RsY/evga-power-supply-120g10650xr" target="_blank">https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/3ca0886dfebc5fd7043f541f52f627f0.256p.jpg</a>EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
$79.99$79.99SuperBiizBuy
Optical DriveChoose An Optical Drive
Operating System<a href="https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wtgPxr/microsoft-os-kw900140" target="_blank">https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/08467f44b607867abfcf49803a77f877.256p.jpg</a>Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
$98.88-$10.00$88.88OutletPCBuy
$10.00 mail-in rebate
SoftwareChoose Software
Monitor<a href="https://pcpartpicker.com/product/D8KhP6/benq-monitor-xl2730z" target="_blank">https://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/a7410d68a7d01664e87279aacc3eb494.256p.jpg</a>BenQ XL2730Z 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
$509.00FREE$509.00B&H

Well, the wife was complaining about her shitty computer, so she's getting my current rig (GTX 970, I5-4690K, etc), and I'm building this.
View Quote

imo pretty solid set up but i would look at the "Dell Gaming S2716DG" over the benq mostly on the fact that you have a nvidea card and would be better optimized for a g-sync monitor instead.

also just if you would step down to the samsung 850evo you could get x2 space for about $20 more of a crucial mx300 500gig for the same price. doubt you would see much speed difference between them all and more space is nice.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top