Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 7/14/2016 5:12:52 PM EDT
Anyone playing? I cancelled in WoD but found PTR was free to test, really liking the changes so far. Went ahead and pre-ordered.
Cant decide what to main. Prob warlock...
Anyone else play?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone playing? I cancelled in WoD but found PTR was free to test, really liking the changes so far. Went ahead and pre-ordered.
Anyone else play?
View Quote

I'm looking forward to it.  Haven't played but been following what news I can.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else play?

PTR is down currently but download it and hop on and test things out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Playing enhancement shaman for Legion.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Playing enhancement shaman for Legion.
View Quote

I was just messing with prot warrior and action cam. REAL fun spec. Ill boost warrior for sure.
I have never played shaman or hunter. Heard good things about enhancement though. they seem to hit hard.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Pre-Patch confirmed July 19nth
Link
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Link
View Quote

Then what was the 26 Gig patch I recently downloaded?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

prob the prepatch itself
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been playing beta last couple of months. I mainly play healing classes.  Enhance has good animations and smooth play.  Hunters are terrible play wise imo. Mages are good, death knights are good, warriors are good.

Resto Druids are still tops for pvp. Hpals and mw monks don't have meaningful cool downs.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have been playing beta last couple of months. I mainly play healing classes.  Enhance has good animations and smooth play.  Hunters are terrible play wise imo. Mages are good, death knights are good, warriors are good.

Resto Druids are still tops for pvp. Hpals and mw monks don't have meaningful cool downs.
View Quote

Resto is good in pvp it flows really well and is productive, all the affinities make it real flexible too.
I wish I was better at feral, im not awful but not where id like it.
I like hpals in pvp I can survive and have hands and decent heals still. The "right up in the action" healing style is cool to me.
mw has too many casts but alot of mobility, not sure about it really, plays fun.
I like holy priest the best but without pvp talents/artifact I can do much in pvp without just getting blown up, same with disc, not gonna get many smites off.
No escapes, holy has a stun and a fear. They just trinket it and back on ya. pointless.

I really like prot warrior + action cam. ignore pain will get nerfed i think :(
Blood dk is alot of fun too, lots of blood drain vampire stuff.
I wonder if tank classes will have a role to play in pvp (not arena) at all in Legion?

I tried rogues but they just dont click with me, I know they are pretty effective but not for me.
I'll probably main my warlock. Demo is fun just needs a few things to make it great and I see those things are mixed in the pvp talents and artifact weps.
Doom taking 15s+ to do damage is stupid though...
Affliction is really cool now, you actually feel like you can drain someone down instead of just tickling them with dots.

Overall I like ALOT of classes and without being able to play beta, just ptr, I cant decide what to do in Legion. But it looks fun and feels good.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I like Blood. Hopefully they don't mess with that spec too much. My main for last Xpac was a 13/13 H Tauren blood dk named Taintedbeef.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like Blood. Hopefully they don't mess with that spec too much. My main for last Xpac was a 13/13 H Tauren blood dk named Taintedbeef.
View Quote

yeah hopefully not.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone try destro lock yet? My main was a destro lock since beginning of cata (off and on playing of course), and it has just been up and down as a spec. If it sucks I just don't want to play it.

I've got other characters I could play though. Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Looking forward to it here, I'be been waiting since TBC for this xpack. ( I have a post up at the end of the WoW thread)
I'll be rolling my main of years, a Holy priest recently moved to Lightbringer Ally to play with an old friend casually. ( hardcore days long beyond me)
I have one of everything else, I'll probably play my main alt shammy ( Horde Zuljin) a bit and of course check out the others.  Its a demon xpack, so... the old destro lock will get a workout, time allowing.

I've got a few toons Ally Stormrage, a lock and druid on Aggramar, and the majority Horde Zuljin. I'll see who outside of game wants to play and put some time in as it allows on other realms /factions.

This and WOD are the first times I haven't beta raided or bothered with the PTR,  it should be a fun leveling/learning experience.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:05:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone try destro lock yet? My main was a destro lock since beginning of cata (off and on playing of course), and it has just been up and down as a spec. If it sucks I just don't want to play it.

I've got other characters I could play though. Any recommendations?
View Quote

its super simple now. you can talent to make incinerate hit multiple targets automatically.
I didnt play it much but it was smooth and seemed fun.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looking forward to it here, I'be been waiting since TBC for this xpack. ( I have a post up at the end of the WoW thread)
I'll be rolling my main of years, a Holy priest recently moved to Lightbringer Ally to play with an old friend casually. ( hardcore days long beyond me)
I have one of everything else, I'll probably play my main alt shammy ( Horde Zuljin) a bit and of course check out the others.  Its a demon xpack, so... the old destro lock will get a workout, time allowing.

I've got a few toons Ally Stormrage, a lock and druid on Aggramar, and the majority Horde Zuljin. I'll see who outside of game wants to play and put some time in as it allows on other realms /factions.

This and WOD are the first times I haven't beta raided or bothered with the PTR,  it should be a fun leveling/learning experience.
View Quote

I really like holy priest but it was not cool in pvp on ptr. ill give it another go upon release.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I finally preordered when they announced the prepatch is coming tomorrow.  

I main a hunter (went to about 5 or 6 mythic in HFC before I quit raiding) so I hope they didn't mess it up too much.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I main a hunter (went to about 5 or 6 mythic in HFC before I quit raiding) so I hope they didn't mess it up too much.
View Quote

I think everyone hates hunters now, sorry.
heard about the melee hunter spec?
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't paid a ton of attention to the skills and talents, but I know Survival spec is now melee with pets.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I haven't paid a ton of attention to the skills and talents, but I know Survival spec is now melee with pets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you dont like it plenty of other classes that are alot of fun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#20]
try Beastmaster, plays like the old hunter

arcane spam PeW PeW . Its really easy now with autoshot on the move and focus system
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like Fire is back in action as top DPS for mage!  Wahoo!   Fire for life!!  Except when Arcane beats it like past 2 expan
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Looks like Fire is back in action as top DPS for mage!  Wahoo!   Fire for life!!  Except when Arcane beats it like past 2 expan
View Quote

what I played of fire was pretty fun.
my mage is only like lvl 91 so i may tinker with it later.
Frost DK used to be my main, didnt like it WOD tested around on ptr with it and REALLY dig it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Stopped playing......  a long time ago.  Have a serious itch to come back (Resto Druid, Destro Lock).
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Stopped playing......  a long time ago.  Have a serious itch to come back (Resto Druid, Destro Lock).
View Quote

So many classes play really fun, best time to come back imo.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What realm are you on?

Holy Pally in pvp is fun, esp with Avenging Crusader.

Resto Druid feels good as well, bear form allows me to tank a couple melee for awhile before they can kill me.  This is on beta PVP with full artifact, all traits and all honor talents.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What realm are you on?

Resto Druid feels good as well, bear form allows me to tank a couple melee for awhile before they can kill me.  This is on beta PVP with full artifact, all traits and all honor talents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What realm are you on?

Darkspear.
Messed with all warrior specs. Enjoy them all. Prot is alot of fun.
I like holy paladin alot. Freedom + steed= escape.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Really digging holy paladin in pvp, just no spammable aoe heal. May try out second beacon talent.
I like holy priest alot but disc seems just as fun. Dot up opponents then spread atonement around via aoe heal or plea. Dot tics = big heals everywhere.
Arms is really fun, like it a tad better than fury. Just take too much damage as fury.
Haven't even messed with locks on love yet besides setting up buttons etc. Love demo.
Want to try out shadow, level dk and fire mage up...
Can't wait to early test demon hunter...
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Can't wait to early test demon hunter...
View Quote

I'd like to play a DH, but I'm not a fan of gay  transgender elves and won't play that race.

Most of the changes that I've seen so far for the class changes I like. I logged into my druid for the first time since the patch and got 12 achievements. All but 2 for the Fabulous title, 70 exalted reps, and the 200 toy achievement. Log into my second druid and the last 2 fabulous achievements popped.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Demon Hunters are...weird.

They're like a Warrior had sex with a Rogue and the offspring came out as a Demon Hunter.  Very weird to play.  Cool, but weird.  I like jumping off high places and flying down with my wings out.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They're like a Warrior had sex with a Rogue and the offspring came out as a Demon Hunter.  Very weird to play.  Cool, but weird.  I like jumping off high places and flying down with my wings out.

View Quote

Im looking forward to trying them out.
Male or female though, which looks better?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm digging my holy priest. ( she'll be my main again ) PVP though, solice you are correct, it's weak.
Shadow is bursty, = offspec.
Disc= I'll be passing on unless another fight like HLK pops up. (it seems good for soloing, I almost soloed Garn halfass as disc)

My shammy... *sigh*  I'm displeased,  she's all AOE heals, and great at it, provided the group is in healing rain, the big heals are gone.  I might have to break out my holy pally this go around.
ELE... I don't care for.  It's all CD usage and worst of all totemic projection.  anyone remember just dropping 4 totems = done?

I got on the mage a bit, I'm LOVING fire.

The druid I'll poke around on this week and maybe move to Lightbringer.

Where do ya'll play?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only checked out the Males.  IMO they all look weird.  I mean, they're all Illidan wannabies =P
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm digging my holy priest. ( she'll be my main again ) PVP though, solice you are correct, it's weak.
Disc= I'll be passing on unless another fight like HLK pops up. (it seems good for soloing, I almost soloed Garn halfass as disc)

My shammy... *sigh*  I'm displeased,  she's all AOE heals, and great at it, provided the group is in healing rain, the big heals are gone.  I might have to break out my holy pally this go around.
ELE... I don't care for.  It's all CD usage and worst of all totemic projection.  anyone remember just dropping 4 totems = done?

Where do ya'll play?
View Quote

They borked Enhancement up as well. My 719 boomy destroys my 728 shammies dps and yes, I remember when you could drop 4 totems at once. Now, I have maybe 1-2 totems total.
Looks like I'll be rolling boomy for Legion.

Hyjal - Horde
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Where do ya'll play?
View Quote

Im darkspear.
Messing with fire mage now, only like level 92 or something. Its fun but easy to mess up.
I just need more escapes and I can make holy priest work in pvp, we get a few with pvp talents. everything else is there.
disc takes some practice and I just cant cast enough smite in pvp to relevent plus atonement wears off kinda fast.
I can do really well as paly heals. survive is there, heals are there, gtg. tinkering with the 2 beacons vs the 1 multidot beacon.
I cant figure out whats up but in pvp some players can just effortlessly kill me and I cant touch them, gear is scaled so I dunno.
A boomy could slay me on my warrior, and he knew it, nothing I could do.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They borked Enhancement up as well. My 719 boomy destroys my 728 shammies dps and yes, I remember when you could drop 4 totems at once. Now, I have maybe 1-2 totems total.

Hyjal - Horde
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do ya'll play?

Hyjal - Horde

yeah boomies slay, id play one but hate the owl look. if you could glyph into something else it'd be fine.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

yeah boomies slay, id play one but hate the owl look. if you could glyph into something else it'd be fine.
View Quote

Prior to the Legion patch you had Glyph of Stars

After the patch, there is still an astral form ( saw a druid with it ), but I don't know how to get it, as the druid took off before I could send them a tell.

EDIT: Astral form is now combined with the Blessing of the Ancients talent.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Looking forward to Legion.  I've got the CE pre-ordered from Amazon.  Get 20% off pre-orders with Prime.

My main is a priest that I started in WotLK.  I'll level as shadow but play dungeons as holy.  I played a rogue in vanilla and BC, but nobody wanted them in their groups starting with Wrath.

Hope it is better than WoD.  I leveled up and just hit a brick wall with the garrisons.  Cancelled after three months and haven't played since.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hope it is better than WoD.  I leveled up and just hit a brick wall with the garrisons.  Cancelled after three months and haven't played since.
View Quote

No garrisons in Legion, but there will be class halls. You'll get a few missions from them, but are not anywhere near the grind garrisons were.
Talents for every class have been reworked and are currently live. Not sure how the rework affected priests, but enhancement is borked, and I do like how critchickens play.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Looking forward to Legion.  I've got the CE pre-ordered from Amazon.  Get 20% off pre-orders with Prime.

My main is a priest that I started in WotLK.  I'll level as shadow but play dungeons as holy.  I played a rogue in vanilla and BC, but nobody wanted them in their groups starting with Wrath.

View Quote

I think holy is gtg. Disc, you have almost no way to heal people back up without something to target and attack.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#40]
is spriest a thing? seems really lackluster. dots dots dots spike, dot, ghost, flay.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Shadow Priest in Beta is fluid, but damage is just a little low.

Enhancement shamans are money.  Incredibly good play with good damage.

Moonkins are better without that eclipse bar.  Good damage in PVP especially on the Max Beta template.

I really want to play Holy Paladin, but Rdruid and RShaman have so much more utility with good raid CDs.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Moonkins are better without that eclipse bar.  Good damage in PVP especially on the Max Beta template.

I really want to play Holy Paladin, but Rdruid and RShaman have so much more utility with good raid CDs.
View Quote

What IL is your shaman?  Only reason I ask, is  I'm seeing not so good numbers from mine. 728 IL here. Before the patch enhance was awesome. After the patch, not so much.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What IL is your shaman?  Only reason I ask, is  I'm seeing not so good numbers from mine. 728 IL here. Before the patch enhance was awesome. After the patch, not so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm playing on Beta PVE server 3.  None of the classes in live seem all that great, but you don't have your artifact yet.  Once you get your artifact, your weapon level jumps alot plus you get the artifact ability.  Granted, right now, it probably sucks.  I'm healing now in Live and the Timewalking dungeons are brutal.

Once Legion hits and you do the beginning quests to get your artifact, I think you'll like it.

My plan was to go Enhance on my Sham and level to 102 quickly and then get my Resto artifact and start healing dungeons.  Questing as Enhance to save my artifact power and putting them into my Resto weapon.  Once I get to 110, I would use Enhance to do the world quests and such, but if grouped, go Resto.

I would go Elemental last.

When you get Doomhammer and it's partner (it's a flaming version of Doomhammer), the animations are very good (at least on male draenei).
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm playing on Beta PVE server 3.  None of the classes in live seem all that great, but you don't have your artifact yet.  Once you get your artifact, your weapon level jumps alot plus you get the artifact ability.  Granted, right now, it probably sucks.  I'm healing now in Live and the Timewalking dungeons are brutal.

Once Legion hits and you do the beginning quests to get your artifact, I think you'll like it.

My plan was to go Enhance on my Sham and level to 102 quickly and then get my Resto artifact and start healing dungeons.  Questing as Enhance to save my artifact power and putting them into my Resto weapon.  Once I get to 110, I would use Enhance to do the world quests and such, but if grouped, go Resto.

When you get Doomhammer and it's partner (it's a flaming version of Doomhammer), the animations are very good (at least on male draenei).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for that. Good to see they'll be kicking butt. I'm locked into boomy for my raiding guild now, so I've been messing with the artifact traits on wowhead.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#45]
so alterac valley has been a crap storm. thought id try disc priest and mess with new UI.
Disc sucks. I could not get anything done healing wise. seemed like smite/atonement just did 7k heals.
Holy for life.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Is there a critical mass of arfcom members playing on any server/guild?

I created a guild on Alleria called "Fox News Channel", I was going to use it to troll the libtards, but now they have instituted that silence thing where they will ban you from chat...:(
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#47]
toying with Ret, like it so far. not as fun as warrior but more durable by far.
Demon Hunters Available on the 9th for pre-ordered folks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't think  there's  a bunch of us playing on any one server.

I'm on Hyjal-Horde in a 25M heroic raid guild. R- X rated chat during raids and stuff, so we're not for the faint of heart. I know we have a few spots left for our core raid team.

What's this thing on banning you for silence? Our trade chat can get down right disgusting at times.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm on Hyjal-Horde in a 25M heroic raid guild. R- X rated chat during raids and stuff, so we're not for the faint of heart. I know we have a few spots left for our core raid team.

What's this thing on banning you for silence? Our trade chat can get down right disgusting at times.
View Quote

if you get reported for whatever multiple times you will get silenced, each occurrence gets a longer silence.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

if you get reported for whatever multiple times you will get silenced, each occurrence gets a longer silence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top