Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2016 11:08:25 AM EDT
Never played the original, but System Shock 2 is in my all time top 3 of PC games.

Nightdive Studios (no affiliation) is doing a Kickstarter campaign to raise $900k for the project and already have almost $700k. Looks like if they exceed that goal, the game will get more refined with added features. Looks like they are shooting for a Dec 2017 release.

I played the demo, it's pretty short. Graphics and mechanics still seem pretty dated by today's standards, but still good to see this in the works.

I still feel that SS2 is about as perfect as gaming gets, and would stand the test of time with few changes other than an updated graphics engine. I'd like to see that happen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Oddball here.

I preferred System Shock 1.   One of my favorite games of all time.

Was bummed when they said no longer a remaster but a remake / new game.

Here is to hoping they stay true to the mechanics of System Shock 1.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:11:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The original was fucking awesome and hard. I loved that game.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top