Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/22/2016 8:07:36 PM EDT
I bought it since it was 50% on steam. The game of course won't even launch so I have not even been able to try it out. I am reinstalling it now if that does not work then I guess I will just cancel the purchase. I just wondered if there was enough of a player base to even give it a try. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought it since it was 50% on steam. The game of course won't even launch so I have not even been able to try it out. I am reinstalling it now if that does not work then I guess I will just cancel the purchase. I just wondered if there was enough of a player base to even give it a try. Thanks
View Quote

There is definitely a player base. I have it, haven't fired it up in a lil while since i've been playing a lot of overwatch. What's your steam ID? If I see people online I'll jump on. Mine is PancakeOfDoom
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:11:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I frequently see people in the ARFCOM steam group playing it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:17:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Plenty of player base. Mostly sandbox and a few modded sandbox games that are very popular.

I like PvP. I don't like the whole mil-sim player v AI. It's boring as hell. I also think calling some 17 year old kid on the other side of the country a "Staff Sergeant" or "Colonel" is retarded.

Games you might enjoy that you can jump into without having to download mods:

- King of The Hill (lots of action)

- Wasteland  (survival between factions)

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#4]

I play with a group of friends every night.  Our little unofficial clan/squad/guild/whatever (TACX) has a server up now on DEV Branch running our modified A3Wasteland mission file on the soon to be release Tanoa map.  Its running great.  The new map is pretty amazing, the new guns are looking good too.  

If you have pre-ordered the APEX expansion, select the Apex_Sneak_preview on the BETAS tab of the Arma3 properties screen in Steam.  Its about a 6GB download and you will have to switch back to the Stable build to play on any "normal" servers but there are a ton of Tanoa servers out there to try out, ours is best of course  :-)

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I play with a group of friends every night.  Our little unofficial clan/squad/guild/whatever (TACX) has a server up now on DEV Branch running our modified A3Wasteland mission file on the soon to be release Tanoa map.  Its running great.  The new map is pretty amazing, the new guns are looking good too.  

If you have pre-ordered the APEX expansion, select the Apex_Sneak_preview on the BETAS tab of the Arma3 properties screen in Steam.  Its about a 6GB download and you will have to switch back to the Stable build to play on any "normal" servers but there are a ton of Tanoa servers out there to try out, ours is best of course  :-)

View Quote
There was a few of us ARFCommers playing on your server the other night.  Wish they would fix that damn map bug.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]
The map markers bug is a dev branch issue, we have reported it.

To fix it, for one play session;

1) Exit the server and server browser to the main menu of Arma3
2) Click OPTIONS
3) Click GAME
4) Click the DIFFICUTLY tab
5) Change the difficulty pre-set to RECRUIT and click OK.
6) Go back to the server browser and back to the server and play

If the difficulty is already set to recruit, change it to something else, click ok.  Then go back in and change it back to RECRUIT and click OK again.  Then reconnect.

This will keep the map markers working till you leave the server.  If you log out, lock up or the server restarts you have to do the procedure again.  Sucks, I know.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Thinking about picking this up during the sale. Only recently jumped into BF4 (PC) and having a blast tho
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I finally gave in and picked it up w/ the DLC.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Check out the Exile mod. Depending on the server and the mods they are running it's usually a fun time, even playing solo.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Can someone give me a quick low down on gear loadout?

Is it pre set by servers? Or can you choose it while in the game / before you start the game?

I spent 30 minutes last night trying to figure it out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Is it pre set by servers? Or can you choose it while in the game / before you start the game?

View Quote

Depends on the game and server.

Wasteland you start off with just a pistol.

Exile you don't have anything
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever happened to the good old games where you got to choose a side and load out?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Whatever happened to the good old games where you got to choose a side and load out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you're looking for Battlefield

King Of The Hill on Arma 3 will probably suit your needs

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll check that out, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#15]
ok so i want to play Day Z mod like i see all the youtubers playing, is that on arma 2 or 3?

also what is day z epoch? is that a stand alone version or is that a mod of arma 3?

i need answers damnit! im in the steam store and dont know what to buy
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

ok so i want to play Day Z mod like i see all the youtubers playing, is that on arma 2 or 3?

also what is day z epoch? is that a stand alone version or is that a mod of arma 3?

View Quote

Day Z was a mod for arma 2. It now has its own stand alone game.

Epoch is a mod for Arma 2, and now a mod for Arma 3, but not really any zombies in the arma 3 mod, which is nice (exploding Frankensteins, and demonic gods that kill you if you look in their eyes)

I was never a fan of Day Z. The Mod or the stand alone.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Epoch is a mod for Arma 2, and now a mod for Arma 3, but not really any zombies in the arma 3 mod, which is nice (exploding Frankensteins, and demonic gods that kill you if you look in their eyes)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so i guess arma 3 is my best bet?

i just watch the youtube videos of day z epoch and it looks fun as fuck.
Idk what set of mods Frankie is running but the game looks fucking fantastic.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Been playing for a week.. love picking people off at 1600 + meters.

However, the whole prone thing is wonky. When you add in the bipod it is even more so.

The whole sway thing? Holy jeebus.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

However, the whole prone thing is wonky. When you add in the bipod it is even more so.

View Quote

i only play on exile servers, so much fucking fun.

it played out like a fucking movie last night, we flew in in a huey last night and completed this mission after low crawling about a hundred meters to get into position.

we were looting bodies when we started hearing screams, turned to the horrizon and there was a gigantic hoard jumping and running towards us.

We all opened up fire but they kept coming, i ran to the huey and got on the side gun and just started cutting them down covering everyones retreat into the chopper and we took off.

gave me fucking PTSD (kidding)
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

it played out like a fucking movie last night, we flew in in a huey last night and completed this mission after low crawling about a hundred meters to get into position.

we were looting bodies when we started hearing screams, turned to the horrizon and there was a gigantic hoard jumping and running towards us.

We all opened up fire but they kept coming, i ran to the huey and got on the side gun and just started cutting them down covering everyones retreat into the chopper and we took off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gonna have to try it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Gonna have to try it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gonna have to try it.

you want the exile servers with ryans zombie mod.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#22]
You need to get with Jethro and me on KOTH

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:37:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I bought it but have not had much time to try it out due to work.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Tanoa releases today. Get ready for ghillie snipers , they're coming.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

it's some damn thick jungle on that island
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Free?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Free?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Free?

DLC. It's been on sale for a while. Now that it's out, it won't be on sale. I've played on Tanoa for a little bit before the full release  (it's been put under beta available to those who bought it) and it's really nice.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Ok so running into issues again with this game, even with using the Arma launcher.

I join a server using the launcher, as the loading bar is goign accross the top of my screen i get these pop ups that say something like the mod and then an item,lets say a scope. unable to locate and i hit close.

then the game keeps loading another pop up, mod name and then like helmet unable to load. i close that.

then i get into the server spawn menu it locks up and throws me to the menu.

i thought that the arma launcher was supposed to solve all of these weird mod issues and connectivity issues?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

DLC. It's been on sale for a while. Now that it's out, it won't be on sale. I've played on Tanoa for a little bit before the full release  (it's been put under beta available to those who bought it) and it's really nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free?

Does the other DLC transfer over?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Check our A3Wasteland servers

Filter for "Arma.Vet #1 TACX Chicago A3Wasteland Tanoa - APEX RELEASE"

Had 40 to 70 people on all day, running well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Free?

From what? A banned account? Lol
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Ok so running into issues again with this game, even with using the Arma launcher.

I join a server using the launcher, as the loading bar is goign accross the top of my screen i get these pop ups that say something like the mod and then an item,lets say a scope. unable to locate and i hit close.

then the game keeps loading another pop up, mod name and then like helmet unable to load. i close that.

then i get into the server spawn menu it locks up and throws me to the menu.

i thought that the arma launcher was supposed to solve all of these weird mod issues and connectivity issues?
View Quote

Are you using the launcher that comes with Arma 3?

Are you using external mods?

Try verifying arma 3 in steam
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free?

DLC Marksman.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#34]
DLC isn't the game

Dowloadable Content is basically official add-ons to the game. Apex is just a new addition to Arma 3.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
DLC isn't the game

Dowloadable Content is basically official add-ons to the game. Apex is just a new addition to Arma 3.

View Quote

Gotcha.

So the extras in the other DLCs will be compatible. (I just want my ghillie suit)

Did they optimize anything?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Gotcha.

So the extras in the other DLCs will be compatible. (I just want my ghillie suit)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

DLC isn't the game

Gotcha.

The water looks better. They still haven't optimized the game as it should. Heavy CPU usage and not as much GPU usage as usual.

I'm just upset my TrackIR doesn't work with Apex

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Hmm what is this unit shenanigans... We might need an ARFCOM unit, unless I searched wrong.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Anybody get it? How is it?

I read there was a major platform upgrade for the base game as well.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Plenty of player base. Mostly sandbox and a few modded sandbox games that are very popular.

I like PvP. I don't like the whole mil-sim player v AI. It's boring as hell. I also think calling some 17 year old kid on the other side of the country a "Staff Sergeant" or "Colonel" is retarded.

Games you might enjoy that you can jump into without having to download mods:

- King of The Hill (lots of action)
- Wasteland  (survival between factions)

View Quote

Lol. I spent a week in one of those "realism" groups. Got banned for trolling because I kept saying,  "that's not very realistic" when they did stupid shit.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anybody get it? How is it?

I read there was a major platform upgrade for the base game as well.
View Quote

I'm gonna play after work today. From what I saw yesterday the new map looks green and detailed, new weapons, vehichles and a slew of new missions and such.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#41]
well im officially pissed off at this game.

ive been trying to connect for literally three hours now.

wasted my whole fucking afternoon, browsed forums trying to trouble shoot.

i use the fucking arma launcher, which is supposed to download the proper mods and guarantee connection, instead i load the fucking mission file.

get to the screen where i see the map, and suddenly get thrown back to the main menu with no fault code or error box. just spontaneous connection loss.

i dont fucking know, i have verified my mods over and over. I dont fucking know, this is why i have never gone towards PC gaming.

So much fucking work just for me to not play a game.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#42]
just got fucking kicked off the game again.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Did you download mods?

And what were you trying to play?

If you downloaded mods and picked a random server to play on, it's probably because the mods aren't on that server.

We need more info
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Did you download mods?

If you downloaded mods and picked a random server to play on, it's probably because the mods aren't on that server.

We need more info
View Quote

Yes I'm using mods, I tried about 12 different servers.

I'm using the arma launcher which is supposed to automatically enable and disable the appropriate mods so it is user friendly and just connect you.
I was trying to get on exile servers, everything from standard exile to exile win a stack of about 5 mods.

I get into the game, see the lower hydration and food bar, then within seconds it says kicked from game. this happens on every single server. Sometimes I don't even get the kicked form server popup sometimes it just returns me to main menu.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'm using the arma launcher which is supposed to automatically enable and disable the appropriate mods so it is user friendly and just connect you.

I was trying to get on exile servers, everything from standard exile to exile win a stack of about 5 mods.

I get into the game, see the lower hydration and food bar, then within seconds it says kicked from game. this happens on every single server. Sometimes I don't even get the kicked form server popup sometimes it just returns me to main menu.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you download mods?

We need more info

Battleye update maybe?

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you download mods?

We need more info

Sounds like you have mods unsupported on that server. I'd just run whatever mods (if any) for a particular server.

The Arma launcher has never auto disabled mods for me

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Bueller ?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Bueller ?
View Quote

so the DLC added the one map, plus like 15 new guns, new vehichles and aircraft, uniforms, armor , the whole deal.

the map is pretty different for arma, really dense jungle which leads to some CQB engagement distances.
theres multiple large cities on the map for urban combat and such.

I haven't even played the single player yet, I just went straight to multiplayer servers with exile and ryans zombies enabled.

Its cool, I just got into arma so its all fun to me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

so the DLC added the one map, plus like 15 new guns, new vehichles and aircraft, uniforms, armor , the whole deal.

the map is pretty different for arma, really dense jungle which leads to some CQB engagement distances.

I haven't even played the single player yet, I just went straight to multiplayer servers with exile and ryans zombies enabled.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bueller ?

Not much interest from me.

My patience is growing thin over the glitch issues at long distances and the stupid zero increments for the scopes.

I do very well, but it's frustrating.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:54:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
well im officially pissed off at this game.

ive been trying to connect for literally three hours now.

wasted my whole fucking afternoon, browsed forums trying to trouble shoot.

i use the fucking arma launcher, which is supposed to download the proper mods and guarantee connection, instead i load the fucking mission file.

get to the screen where i see the map, and suddenly get thrown back to the main menu with no fault code or error box. just spontaneous connection loss.

i dont fucking know, i have verified my mods over and over. I dont fucking know, this is why i have never gone towards PC gaming.

So much fucking work just for me to not play a game.
View Quote

Welcome to Arma
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top