Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2016 8:43:56 PM EDT
Hi all. I am a bit behind the times in terms of consoles - I still play my Atari 2600 occasionaly.  My son has really gotten into minecraft and apparently there are things that are only available on the PC/Console version that are not available on the PE version. The kid did well in school this year so I got him an Xbox One.

It plays Minecraft great! The only thing that is driving me nuts is when I go to sign in to my microsoft account, or modify the settings or add family members or do much of anything else it seems to take forever.

I was adding an account and it takes 30-60 seconds to return a dialog (the icon in the middle of the TV is spinning while I am waiting). Is this normal?

I did the detailed network test and I have 60+Mbps down and 15Mbps and fairly low latency.

Is this typical?

Thx!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi all. I am a bit behind the times in terms of consoles - I still play my Atari 2600 occasionaly.  My son has really gotten into minecraft and apparently there are things that are only available on the PC/Console version that are not available on the PE version. The kid did well in school this year so I got him an Xbox One.

It plays Minecraft great! The only thing that is driving me nuts is when I go to sign in to my microsoft account, or modify the settings or add family members or do much of anything else it seems to take forever.

I was adding an account and it takes 30-60 seconds to return a dialog (the icon in the middle of the TV is spinning while I am waiting). Is this normal?

I did the detailed network test and I have 60+Mbps down and 15Mbps and fairly low latency.

Is this typical?

Thx!!
View Quote

Not in my experience.

Sign in takes 5-6 seconds for me. At most changing settings may take ~10 seconds for me.  How much free space do you have on your HDD?

You may want to power cycle the console to see if that makes a difference.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

If that does not resolve your problem, you may have to reset your xbox to factory defaults.  But this does remove your data, so make sure you are prepared to reconfigure the console/reinstall/download games before doing this.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. It is a new box with a 1TB drive.  I'll take a look at the links you sent. Sounds like mine has issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top