BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This game wasn't on my radar. I'm starting to rethink that.
View Quote

I get the feeling that the Arfcom clan will have quite a few members.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there hardcore mode?
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is there hardcore mode?
View Quote

It's not been announced. I'm still hopeful that it'll make a return.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait a minute. There's a game trial going on currently???
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

PC and Xbox only, and you have to pay an extra $5 or something for a one month subscription to the premium EA/Origin service. Then you can play for a total of 10 hours.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#6]
This game is pretty legit.  Bought the ultimate edition last night.  

Running around with a BAR right now.  My only disappointment is hitting people in the torso with 2 rounds and them still be alive.  I feel like a 20 round "LMG" that fires a .30-06 should blow the shit out of someone in a game.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:18:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

PC and Xbox only, and you have to pay an extra $5 or something for a one month subscription to the premium EA/Origin service. Then you can play for a total of 10 hours.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is a surprisingly good deal for those on the fence. Beats paying $60+ and then deciding you don't like it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 3:42:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Which is a surprisingly good deal for those on the fence. Beats paying $60+ and then deciding you don't like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can rent from GameStop as well due to their 7 day return policy on preowned games.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You can rent from GameStop as well due to their 7 day return policy on preowned games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, not a bad idea either. EA access is a nice option IMHO for those in smaller towns without tons of redboxes/a gamestop
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Upgraded my Standard Edition to the Early Enlister Edition; turns out I have a lot of free time for the next 3 days so I can play instead of watching time drag.

PSN: PRidd27

eta: oh snap!

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#11]
With early enlister do you get a hard copy tomorrow or is it download only?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#12]
OK how many of you cockfags are going to be playing tonight? I really want to stay up buts a horrible horrible idea with work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#13]
So I completely hated the mechanics of the beta, is the full any better or same just new maps/weapons?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Hardcore is returning! Woohoo!
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OK how many of you cockfags are going to be playing tonight? I really want to stay up buts a horrible horrible idea with work tomorrow.
View Quote

Haha I know what ya mean. I won't be but I do get out early tomorrow
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Midnight release.

Will be picking up my hard copy right after work tonight.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:23:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone on PC looking to play with people hop on our TS:  ts.ironblooded.com.  Can't really say how many pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe for early enlister though, Midnight will tell!  
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Waiting for midnight right now...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just can't do it.  

I'll be on Wed night for an all nighter. We can squad up then.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm thinking I'll need this for pc.

Beta was more fun than I thought it would be.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Just picked up my copy for Xbox.  GameStop had a 9pm release

I have to work in 2 hours
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Haven't had my box on in a couple of weeks.

Fricken updates.

And the power literally just went off.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:10:28 AM EDT
[#23]
My copy should be arriving in the mail today. Probably won't have time to play it for a week or more.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Just played the first intro mission. Wow.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but you save more than that when you purchase the game for advance play, which started at midnight, so overall, you are ahead, unless you just buy the regular version and wait until Friday.  I did purchase it, got the 10 hours, played that out yesterday, and am playing the game now.  Totally worth it.  I'll simply not renew the subscription.

I'm loving the game, so far.  Graphics are incredible on Xbox 1.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I wasn't paying an extra $20 to play it today when I have to work anyway.

I'll be picking it up Friday morning.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wasn't paying an extra $20 to play it today when I have to work anyway.

I'll be picking it up Friday morning.
View Quote

Yep, I wouldn't have done it, either, except I'm off this week.  Perfect timing!
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone planning to be on sometime after midnight EST?

Haven't done online play since 3. Wasn't especially good on the K/D ratio before. Don't expect to be all that good now. I always played more of a suppport role. Vehicle repair, medic, etc.

I must get a shotgun as soon as possible.

Xbox Gamertag is: Corporal Sully if you need an extra body.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Is there no M1917 in this game?

Seriously DICE!
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Out of almost 10 multiplayer matches, only 1 or 2 had a squad leader who actually issued orders
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Out of almost 10 multiplayer matches, only 1 or 2 had a squad leader who actually issued orders
View Quote

I only got to play 2 games on pc last night, both games had a SL issuing orders. I suspect it will never happen again.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Err that stupid blimp, can't seem to get away from it.  Got killed at least 8 9 times by it alone one match
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Loading in now. I am enjoying the music.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#34]
So apparently there were vertical grips and optical sights in WW1 #BATTLEFIELDLOGIC.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#35]
PS4 multiplayer is a hot mess. Melee attacks on foot and on horse barely register Back to campaign I go while I wait for them to unfuck this game.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
PS4 multiplayer is a hot mess. Melee attacks on foot and on horse barely register Back to campaign I go while I wait for them to unfuck this game.
View Quote

Seems to be going fine for me?

Elaborate on the melee attacks on foot
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...I would like more info too. Enemies didn't have any issues knifing and killing my ass on horseback last night or today.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Keep the constructive reviews of the game coming. I'm on the fence about buying it. I have a bad taste in my mouth from Destiny and The Division still.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Origin: Luckyiam_
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Battlefield launches are notoriously "meh" until they get the vast amounts of data that streams in.

To be fair, most online games are "meh" at launch.

BF4 took a few months to sort out. I'm patiently waiting until I see enough green lights to wade into a new version of BF. I still love BF4.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:16:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Keep the constructive reviews of the game coming. I'm on the fence about buying it. I have a bad taste in my mouth from Destiny and The Division still.
View Quote

Fucking love it. I've had zero lag issues, no game crashes, for me, everything ran as it should.  The maps are huge, and there are tons of pathways/trenches/buildings/bunkers, etc to go in to within them. the The graphics are incredible too btw

Battlefield knocked it out of the park with this one in my opinion.

I've played every battlefield , and this one is by far my favorite.

Playing on PS4
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fucking love it. I had zero lag issues, no game crashes, for me, everything ran as it should.

Playing on PS4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking love it. I had zero lag issues, no game crashes, for me, everything ran as it should.

Playing on PS4

I've had a few crashes on the Xbox one s. 2 to be exact.

I have to say. I absolutely hate the assault class. The shotguns suck, and the MP18 isn't great.

Also disappointed in the LE Mk3. Just doesn't do enough damage to play an offensive scout.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Playing on PS4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Playing on PS4

My little bit of experience with it so far mirrors this. I did get a disconnect but overall there was no lag or server issues. I can handle one disconnect on a new game. For those that weren't a fan of the beta map it would appear that they did in fact use the worst map for the beta, I'm a huge fan of the maps so far. Weapon balancing could probably use some tweaks but I'm patiently waiting until more players unlock guns to see how it settles out. Nothing really stands out as "broken" right now. Medic guns overall seem to dominate, but the assault class has much more utility. Support is "meh" IMHO, and snipers are powerful if used by a skillful player yet don't contribute much overall to the objective (so they're basically like all other BF games)
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:21:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have to say. I absolutely hate the assault class. The shotguns suck, and the MP18 isn't great.

Also disappointed in the LE Mk3. Just doesn't do enough damage to play an offensive scout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Playing on PS4

I had a hard time taking in the weapon damage. I feel like it should be more, however, that will change with hardcore mode.

The classes take some getting used too, but you also have to keep in mind, if there was a class that had perfect weapons, there would be no variety.

They did a good job evening the odds as much as I hate to admit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Looking for people with mic's to play with

Xbox. GT:     M1AHD
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:34:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I had a hard time taking in the weapon damage. I feel like it should be more, however, that will change with hardcore mode.

The classes take some getting used too, but you also have to keep in mind, if there was a class that had perfect weapons, there would be no variety.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Playing on PS4

I'm gonna give assault on conquest a try. Maybe I'll like it more. I want to use my hellfighters shotgun lol
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:18:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah...I would like more info too. Enemies didn't have any issues knifing and killing my ass on horseback last night or today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fine now. My melee attacks were going right through people, then I was unable to connect to any server for an hour, then it cleared up and has been smooth sailing. I'm closing in on Medic rank 3 and am almost done with my first medal. I'm 1/3 through the campaign as well. Great game.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:21:05 AM EDT
[#48]
The maps are large, varied and gorgeous. The multiplayer feels fresh. The campaign so far is fantastic. I'm happy I sprung for the Early Enlister. This is not a reskinned Battlefront.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:46:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The maps are large, varied and gorgeous. The multiplayer feels fresh. The campaign so far is fantastic. I'm happy I sprung for the Early Enlister. This is not a reskinned Battlefront.
View Quote

Fresh is a good way to describe it.

I'm not getting the whole reskinned hate. like I've said before, I've played the other battlefields including battlefront, and its so much more. Yes, it's Battlefield and they follow the battlefield style, but they added so much depth to the maps. It's hard to explain if you haven't played it. The sounds are incredible and nothing to me is as rewarding as hitting someone with a grenade or tank round to watch them go flying through the air. I think the only touch missing is body dismemberment
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:55:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm not getting the whole reskinned hate. like I've said before, I've played the other battlefields including battlefront, and its so much more. Yes, it's Battlefield and they follow the battlefield style, but they added so much depth to the maps. It's hard to explain if you haven't played it. The sounds are incredible and nothing to me is as rewarding as hitting someone with a grenade or tank round to watch them go flying through the air. I think the only touch missing is body dismemberment
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find myself stopping and admiring the scenery. Clearing trenches and forts is a blast. I don't have any complaints. Give me a Battlefront like this game and it could be even better than Battlefront 2.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top