BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will be for sure. Armor is fun What's your ID again? I went through my friends list and cleaned it out and I want to make sure I didn't delete anyone accidentally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is anyone going to be on PS4? I may not be online release day but I'll be on that week.

I definitely recall playing with a few rounds with displacedhoosier, destroying an entire server with armor.

I will be for sure. Armor is fun What's your ID again? I went through my friends list and cleaned it out and I want to make sure I didn't delete anyone accidentally.

cgaight
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:16:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

cgaight
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is anyone going to be on PS4? I may not be online release day but I'll be on that week.

I definitely recall playing with a few rounds with displacedhoosier, destroying an entire server with armor.

cgaight

Got it, thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be on the PS4.

SavageWhiteDude

I wasn't really paying attention to the release date.  Been busy with work, school, and hunting.  For some reason I thought it was 9/21.  Last week I was all excited at work, texing my wife if the games had come in the mail yet.  Nope, nope...no babe they're not here yet.

Wtf?  Check the confirmation email.  ETA 10/21.  WTF!?

Then I looked up the release date.  Oh shit...  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll be on the PS4.

SavageWhiteDude

I wasn't really paying attention to the release date.  Been busy with work, school, and hunting.  For some reason I thought it was 9/21.  Last week I was all excited at work, texing my wife if the games had come in the mail yet.  Nope, nope...no babe they're not here yet.

Wtf?  Check the confirmation email.  ETA 10/21.  WTF!?

Then I looked up the release date.  Oh shit...  
View Quote

Heh.

Did you order the early enlisted edition?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:19:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Will be on PS4

YugoslavSKS
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Single Player trailer coming tomorrow. https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/780436917712191488
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Single Player trailer coming tomorrow. https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/780436917712191488
View Quote

Excellent. I'm probably more excited about SP than MP.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:35:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Pre-order for the Standard edition is $49 at Newegg.  That's $10 off normal pricing.  

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879204110&cm_re=battlefield_1-_-79-204-110-_-Product

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#9]
$48 with a $10 store credit if you have Gamer's Club Unlocked with Best Buy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Are there usually Black Friday/Cyber Monday type deals on games that have only been out a short period?  If so, I'll probably wait for that.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are there usually Black Friday/Cyber Monday type deals on games that have only been out a short period?  If so, I'll probably wait for that.

View Quote

It varies, but the last year to year and a half have been odd so you never know. Games are dropping $20 within weeks of launch now so unless you utilize Best Buy's GCU program it can be worth it to wait. If I had to guess, BF1 will be $49.99 on Black Friday at some retailers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#12]
A very well done video of a mix of real and game WWI footage: http://youtu.be/kkk2HJYh9-c
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pre-order for the Standard edition is $49 at Newegg.  That's $10 off normal pricing.  

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879204110&cm_re=battlefield_1-_-79-204-110-_-Product

View Quote

Regular edition physical copy is $48 through amazon as well for those that have prime.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:06:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It varies, but the last year to year and a half have been odd so you never know. Games are dropping $20 within weeks of launch now so unless you utilize Best Buy's GCU program it can be worth it to wait. If I had to guess, BF1 will be $49.99 on Black Friday at some retailers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll probably wait and see how it plays out then I guess.

Link Posted: 10/1/2016 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]
three weeks, crazy
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#17]

I am in absolute awe.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 5:35:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjc1Txc4r4w

I am in absolute awe.
View Quote

holy shit..!!!

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

holy shit..!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjc1Txc4r4w

I am in absolute awe.

holy shit..!!!

Right?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Pre ordered the early version. Due a week from Tuesday.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Nothing like pre-ordering at the beginning of the summer and just now realizing it'll be delivered one day before I am leaving on "vacation".

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#23]
PC players prepare to be shafted.

Have a bad feeling these server rentals will be shit, no control.  Have a feeling there will be no hardcore, look at Battlefront.

GG.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I hope there is hardcore...I can't see them removing a staple of the Battlefield series.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I hope there is hardcore...I can't see them removing a staple of the Battlefield series.
View Quote

Has always been a confirmed feature.  Has yet to be confirmed and they are staying quiet about it and not replying to the question.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#26]
I built a custom debezzeled setup using triple 24" Dell S2417DGs for PC Master Race BF1

Super massive 40" total screen size, super hi-res 4320 x 2560, super high refresh 165hz gsync is epic!

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Has always been a confirmed feature.  Has yet to be confirmed and they are staying quiet about it and not replying to the question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. I will say that much of the beta felt like hardcore...especially the pistols The only exception I can think of was snipers, but those still did 89 damage per center mass hit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I built a custom debezzeled setup using triple 24" Dell S2417DGs for PC Master Race BF1

Super massive 40" total screen size, super hi-res 4320 x 2560, super high refresh 165hz gsync is epic!

https://s18.postimg.org/yhfdewill/debezel_1.jpg
https://s17.postimg.org/6lcusvfu7/betcha.jpg
View Quote

Usually screen breaks annoy me but that's a nice setup.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Now that's nice.

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Got my standard copy pre-ordered today. Traded in No Man's Sky (don't even get me started on that shit). I got the standard copy because I won't be able to play until after the 21st anyway.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#32]
game is live on PC for EA early accessor whatever...I'm watching a twitch steam, maps look amazing.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
game is live on PC for EA early accessor whatever...I'm watching a twitch steam, maps look amazing.
View Quote

I'm watching The Hammer Squad stream. There are 27k people watching it right now

He's on Amiens right now. Man, this looks fun! Straight up house to house fighting.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm watching The Hammer Squad stream. There are 27k people watching it right now

He's on Amiens right now. Man, this looks fun! Straight up house to house fighting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The streamer is obnoxious but the gameplay looks great.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#35]
SO um.....yeaaa....theres that tiny thing XD

https://youtu.be/McPt4ea3V_g?t=143
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:19:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I can get behind that. I'm still hoping that Hardcore is included.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

So why not just get a 40" tv ?
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 2:22:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Really liking what I see on the streams. Looks like they fixed medic revive difficulty, and nerfed the tanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 3:25:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

So far, with the early access, no hardcore.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm excited,after hearing ps4 screwed the skyrim remaster I'll focus on this now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm excited,after hearing ps4 screwed the skyrim remaster I'll focus on this now.
View Quote

Your info is not up to date. Mod support was announced for Skyrim and FO4 on PS4.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's disappointing, but at least the damage output felt like Hardcore in the beta.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That's disappointing, but at least the damage output felt like Hardcore in the beta.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to me it didn't.  Felt like normal mode for arcade junkies.  Normal mode = takes a lot to down someone, letting you live longer to better your score.  Hardcore = no room for error.  You die fast, you kill fast.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Downloading BF1 right now we shall see how it goes.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Your info is not up to date. Mod support was announced for Skyrim and FO4 on PS4.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice thanks 2 games  need then
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:36:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not to me it didn't.  Felt like normal mode for arcade junkies.  Normal mode = takes a lot to down someone, letting you live longer to better your score.  Hardcore = no room for error.  You die fast, you kill fast.
View Quote

Interesting. I felt that way with vehicles, but with rifles (semiauto and the name escapes me) it was a 2 shot kill for the most part. It could have been shot placement though. Shotguns were a 1 shot kill, pistols 3-5, LMGs felt like Core and snipers were typically 89 damage so Core again.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 12:37:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#48]
I DL'd the 10 hour trial last night and played probably 4 hours.

Here's my take.

Ho Lee Fuk.  This game is awesome.

What I liked.

1) THE MAPS.  Gorgeous visuals, very playable.  Amiens and St Quentin's Scar are my favorites so far.
2) Lots of balance issues from the beta build are more or less resolved, light tanks in particular are much better now.  And by better I mean less OP.
3) Singleplayer campaign, the little I played it, looks remarkably well done.  The voice acting and missions are both top notch.
4) AT Rocket gun, unlocked from the get go.  Makes dealng with armor much easier.  It's still my preferred counter sniper weapon though.
5) Did I mention THE MAPS.  Really cannot say enough about them, amazing.
6) The BAR is in!!!!!  Three variants.  Unlocks at Support rank 2 and 3.
7) Destruction and deformation of structures and terrain is just right.  Lots of stuff to blast to kingdom come, but enough cover left behind to allow for fighting positions with some protection.

Some concerns.

1) Support class still loses any close quarters engagement unless the enemy is already severely wounded.  The game still balances too heavily in favor of cyclic rate and not enough toward cartridge power.  
2) Scope glare has been reduced, perhaps too much.  
3) I am going to lose a lot of sleep over this game.

The attention to detail in the visuals and audio of this game is second to none.  It is the best looking and best sounding game I have ever played.  Little things like going prone in the mud making your weapon dirty and swimming through a river cleaning it off.

I gave the Beta an 8.0/10, the Trial gets 9.5/10.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Got two cases so I've got 20 Battlepacks ready to go.

Link Posted: 10/14/2016 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#50]
This game wasn't on my radar. I'm starting to rethink that.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top