Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm on ps4 and just got the  game myself. I like the campaign. I'm hating the load time from every death in multiplayer. I am not used to it yet but so far graphics great not loving the game glad I only paid 27 bucks for it. I'll keep trying but so far I'm not loving it maybe in time I will. also I hate the long cut scenes in campaign when I want to replay a mission is there a way to skip the movie parts of it?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got a shot of my BFL logo that I have from BF3.  Nice scenic shot.  Wasn't a very target-rich environment though.  Only 5-0.  Did have a couple guys sneek up and try to take me out.  I've quit riding along with anyone in a tank.  They can't keep the things operating more than 2 minutes before it's time to bail.  Tanks are about the only way I can get a positive K/D.  I'll blast someone directly in the face only for then to hit me once or twice and I'm dead.  They're still showing better than 50% health.  One match I managd to nail someone with a K bullet the exact instant they hit my HE tripwire.  50% damage and they kept on running.  WTF!!?

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/picsforarfcomm/BF1BFL_zpsqhgrumfj.jpg
View Quote
Yeah.  I feel your pain.

I die super easy, but it seems like it's a PITA to kill my opponents.  I'd be running around with a frigging MG and it takes 15 shots to put them down.  They pop me with a shotgun with 1 shot and I'm done.

It's a fun game and I'm sure that I am just old and I suck....but holy hell.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I die super easy, but it seems like it's a PITA to kill my opponents.  I'd be running around with a frigging MG and it takes 15 shots to put them down.  They pop me with a shotgun with 1 shot and I'm done.
View Quote

What class/gun are you using?
My kills went way up when I got the BAR, shotgun, and Mondragon.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What class/gun are you using?
My kills went way up when I got the BAR, shotgun, and Mondragon.
View Quote
Just started.  Typically using either assault or support.  

I don't have any guns different than what you get when you start except for the shotgun for assault.  My kills have gone up with that, but it really really sucks for range.  

I forget the names, but the MG with the circular drum on top or the MP18 IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't have any guns different than what you get when you start except for the shotgun for assault.  My kills have gone up with that, but it really really sucks for range.  

View Quote

Once you start unlocking better weapons, it gets better.

Otherwise,

play hardcore playlists. SOOO much better
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Seen a guy on a horse running full sprint backwards up the side of a mountain..........

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#7]

I'm still trying to figure out what game I'm playing...

Battlefield Shotgun?
No....
Battlefield Sniper?
No....
OHhhhhhh
Battlefield 1....silly me.

At least 40% of my games now are filled with Shotguns and Snipers.  Any word on the next patch balancing them out?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
At least 40% of my games now are filled with Shotguns and Snipers.  Any word on the next patch balancing them out?
View Quote

Best part is when you look at the scoreboard at the end most snipers didn't even get that many kills. Guy in my squad today finished with 7 kills in an hour long Operations match.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Best part is when you look at the scoreboard at the end most snipers didn't even get that many kills. Guy in my squad today finished with 7 kills in an hour long Operations match.
View Quote

Poor guy.

I just went 47-12 with the Martini rifle 
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Just strolling along in the heavy tank for a whole match.........8 matches in a row.....4 of which were over 40 kills and no death matches
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Poor guy.

View Quote

It's the best weapon in the game...if you know how to handle it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish they would get rid of the fucking shotguns. Shoot a guy twice with a rifle in the chest at point blank and they blast me once for the kill. Stupid.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Just hit level 10 on Medic.  Haven't used the level 10 gun yet, but it better be awesome.

Not sure what class to level up next.  I'm only at 2-3 on every other class.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just hit level 10 on Medic.  Haven't used the level 10 gun yet, but it better be awesome.

View Quote

What gun are you using for Medic?  I think I'm level 2
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh, and they need to fixing the freaking sound. How can I not hear a tank 10 feet away. Unreal. And why are all the vehicles faster then people on foot. The "landship" had a top speed of 3.7mph. HOW THE FUCK CAN'T I OUT RUN THESE THINGS.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Scout. It's the easiest to level (lowest XP requirement and it's easy to get points via spotting flares and distance and pistol kills) and has the best weapon in the game unlocked at Rank 10: the Martini Henry Rifle. If that's not your thing, then choose Assault. The Hellriegel absolutely shreds and it is incredible on CQB objective maps.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Looking at this game for Christmas.  I know the Battlefield franchise is not known for historical accuracy or anything, but looking at the cover, I had no idea Germans let black people fight for them.  Go figger.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck this game. Don't buy in Durka. Head shot a guy with a rifle and they don't die.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fuck this game. Don't buy in Durka. Head shot a guy with a rifle and they don't die.
View Quote

New meaning to hard headed
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:27:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looking at this game for Christmas.  I know the Battlefield franchise is not known for historical accuracy or anything, but looking at the cover, I had no idea Germans let black people fight for them.  Go figger.
View Quote

Harlem Hellfighter on the cover. US unit composed of black folks and Puerto Ricans.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:38:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mostly the Autoloading 8.25 Extended and the Mondragon Storm.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:42:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Scout. It's the easiest to level (lowest XP requirement and it's easy to get points via spotting flares and distance and pistol kills) and has the best weapon in the game unlocked at Rank 10: the Martini Henry Rifle. If that's not your thing, then choose Assault. The Hellriegel absolutely shreds and it is incredible on CQB objective maps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I toy with the Scout class on occasion, but it always makes for a slow game.  I haven't tried the iron sight sniper rifles for up close gameplay, though.  I did bump up my longest headshot to 428m, though.  I feel long long range shots in this game are nowhere near same as BF3.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:10:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

LoL I doubt I have the patience for it anyways.  I wasted much of my time with COD back in 2006-8 and I don't think I'll ever go back there again.  Nor will my wife let me!
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Harlem Hellfighter on the cover. US unit composed of black folks and Puerto Ricans.
View Quote

Interesting.  Will have to look that unit up.  Never heard of 'em.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 2:20:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

The nice thing about the support class is it has a mortar, which is excellent at range. Support also has unlimited grenades, albeit there's a delay on replenishing them. It works very well in the operations game mode for clearing objectives or farming kills at choke points.

I like the Madsen Storm for medium/short range and the BAR Trench for close range only. There are plenty of LMGs that play more towards long-range, but they require you to keep still and preferably kneel or go prone for best accuracy, and I don't find them as competitive at range as the sniper rifles and DMRs.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 2:39:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

There were some, believe it or not. I believe a link was posted earlier in this thread...if not, it was posted in a different BF1 thread.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 2:41:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I toy with the Scout class on occasion, but it always makes for a slow game.  I haven't tried the iron sight sniper rifles for up close gameplay, though.  I did bump up my longest headshot to 428m, though.  I feel long long range shots in this game are nowhere near same as BF3.
View Quote

If you want to rock and roll like a standard class, once you hit rank 3 there is a converted rifle that fires pistol rounds at a high rate of semiauto fire. Utilize trip mines as well on capture points and you'll rake in the points. Worst case scenario, jump in the Behemoth as a Scout and reap the rewards.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Scout. It's the easiest to level (lowest XP requirement and it's easy to get points via spotting flares and distance and pistol kills) and has the best weapon in the game unlocked at Rank 10: the Martini Henry Rifle. If that's not your thing, then choose Assault.
View Quote

I love how many kills you can get with spotting flares. Fire them into the bunker staircases on Monte Grappa and the attacking forces constantly run over them and get themselves killed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks I'll put those on my list.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Flank them along the borders of a map with an Mg car or tank.  I have alsovbeen using the attack plane on them and shooting at the glints.  Gets to the point where they end up shooting at me instead of others.  Also if they are above you in a building the limpett mine does wonders.  just enough time to toss it on the roof or wall and run.  If you are counter sniping use the trench scope and then crawl up a bit and use an iron sight rifle. Again PLAY hard core its much better and the snipers dont have an indication of where you keep attack from.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because the yuppies at DICE think rifle ammo had the same FPS ad pistol ammo.

I still don't understand how they can be less damaging at point blank, but full power at 25m.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Revision 8 is out (Picture Link), as is a new trailer for the first free DLC.

Battlefield 1 Official Giant''s Shadow Trailer

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#34]
on PS4 changed the fire button to R1, a hell of a lot faster to shoot, not nearly as much trigger travel.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I love how many kills you can get with spotting flares. Fire them into the bunker staircases on Monte Grappa and the attacking forces constantly run over them and get themselves killed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scout. It's the easiest to level (lowest XP requirement and it's easy to get points via spotting flares and distance and pistol kills) and has the best weapon in the game unlocked at Rank 10: the Martini Henry Rifle. If that's not your thing, then choose Assault.

Absolutely. Either way it's a good chance at a kill---they keep running and die, or they stop drop and roll and are easy to pick off.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Revision 8 is out (Picture Link), as is a new trailer for the first free DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPS7ggNEJn4

https://i.redd.it/4tvojeqgqx1y.jpg
View Quote

I am flashing back to the USAS 12 with frag rounds.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#37]
I mostly play hardcore.
Other than spotting flares being useless except for burning people, the only thing that gets on my nerves is team killing, or people complaining of team killing.

If it's unintentional, that's fine, but killing a teammate because you want the big battlement cannon....expect to get wrecked the entire match.

And if your are standing in front of, behind, or to the side of a tank, expect to get run over. And if you do, don't bitch about getting teamkilled. I can't help you're a retard that thinks running directly in front of a tank is a great idea. Or standing behind one is a great idea.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Only thing that pisses me off about friendly fire is the tank crew either cant get the logo id for friendly fast enough and kills you anyway or they just shoot anything in proximity.  I dismounted a tank 4 times and was killed by the driver everytime.  I then proceeded to damage him till he backed into the ocean 
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I tried to resist but after playing my dad's copy of BF1 I bought it (and an xbox to play it on).  The mortar truck seems to suit me well even though many online seem to think it isn't very good.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The mortar truck seems to suit me well even though many online seem to think it isn't very good.
View Quote

Some people think the Fortress Gun sucks, I disagree.

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Some people seem to think I'm a hacker when I got 43-0 in the heavy tank....they just don't know how to drive the still kinda OP machine
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Some people seem to think I'm a hacker when I got 43-0 in the heavy tank....they just don't know how to drive the still kinda OP machine
View Quote

Yep, and there is an unwillingness at times (on the servers I tend to play) to switch to Assault. Me? I love Assault for it's flexibility. Hellriegel, revolver, grenade, anti-tank grenades, rocket gun. No task is beyond my reach, from dealing with armor to snipers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yep, and there is an unwillingness at times (on the servers I tend to play) to switch to Assault. Me? I love Assault for it's flexibility. Hellriegel, revolver, grenade, anti-tank grenades, rocket gun. No task is beyond my reach, from dealing with armor to snipers.
View Quote

See I have no problem dealing with assault class. Why? Cause I don't charge head on into a large group of people then run my guns dry and get stuck. No I sit back at first and pump shots I know are gonna get kills, then after a few kills I sneak in the side or the back when no one suspects a thing get a few more kills, cap the base, then bug out. The best part of it all is when the attack plane or the bomber thinks they can make a pass at me and I lob a round into their wing or fuselage. Personal favorite is when the idiots on horses think they can run into you and do damage and fos ro dah themselves across the map.

Loving my 3.08 KDR, everyone else hates me lol
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Excellent. It's like on Argonne---don't fight over C at the onset. Take a squad, hug the edge of the map, and take B or D then roll up A or E. Simple. Call of Duty this is not.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Monte Grappa's the best one, when they aren't expecting a tank to be anywhere near the trench between B and D, but there you are watching them pile in one after another. I had a guy the other day thin he could kill me with the fortress gun, but I managed to rock crawl the tank on to it lol

That was one of the matches I died cause I got stuck in a trench and couldn't move fast enough to get out before I got dynamited lol
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Witnessed this last night, damn near pissed myself.
Ouch
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Monte Grappa's the best one, when they aren't expecting a tank to be anywhere near the trench between B and D, but there you are watching them pile in one after another. I had a guy the other day thin he could kill me with the fortress gun, but I managed to rock crawl the tank on to it lol

That was one of the matches I died cause I got stuck in a trench and couldn't move fast enough to get out before I got dynamited lol
View Quote

I got 3 squad wipes in a couple shots at B on Grappa. In a light tank with howitzer cannon. I popped over the edge of a trench and almost the whole other team was trying to get in their bunker, but their teammates had locked the door. Almost point blank from an elevated position. it was glorious.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poor guy.

I dont get it.
If you look at the damage and all that compared to some of the other rifles it's the same. it's a one shot kill while the others with the same damage take two unless it's a headshot.

How many kills do you need to unlock it anway?
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I dont get it.
If you look at the damage and all that compared to some of the other rifles it's the same. it's a one shot kill while the others with the same damage take two unless it's a headshot.

How many kills do you need to unlock it anway?
View Quote

Rank 10 on Scout unlocks it.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top