BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was there a download for the patch?  Some people on Reddit are saying what happened earlier was server-side, and that there is still a download going live at the original times posted earlier?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

An update for PS4 just popped. 1.968 GB, and my download time was 3 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:13:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Was there a download for the patch?  Some people on Reddit are saying what happened earlier was server-side, and that there is still a download going live at the original times posted earlier?

View Quote

For me on PS4... Yeah, theres a 1.04 update thats downloading right now
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:17:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Squad Leader gets replaced if you request an order and no order is given within a minute!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:20:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:21:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Squad Leader gets replaced if you request an order and no order is given within a minute!!!!!!!
View Quote

I wish they could do something about train drivers who don't move and just spam the mortar like a dickhead.  It's a waste.

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 7:12:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wish they could do something about train drivers who don't move and just spam the mortar like a dickhead.  It's a waste.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This! People hog the vehicles and do dumb shit with them. Like parking the zepplin right over the AA guns. Parking it in a spot where the machine guns are useless.

Repeatedly flying planes into mountains because flying with a mouse sucks.

Oops that was me

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The patch notes are ridiculously long! Tons of good stuff:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58616/battlefield-1-fall-update-notes-11152016
View Quote

Cool

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Server rental is live.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Prone soldiers can no longer be pushed by other friendly soldiers

Increased number of magazines for gas and incendiary Tripwire Bombs to 2 to make them more attractive over HE Tripwire Bombs.

Removed the delay before being able to fire primary or secondary again after deploying a gadget or throwing a grenade.

Fortress Gun does greater damage against vehicles and has a bigger lethal area against infantry.

Fixed an issue where the soldier would enter the AA gun from the wrong direction.

Fixed so torpedo boats are immortal when spawned until player has entered them to prevent an exploit.

Behemoth overview HUD now displays broken weapons and turrets on all Behemoths. When in a Behemoth seat that is broken, you will now see an indicator for the repair progress.

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Played for a little bit this morning.  The class editor at the main menu was fucked for me.  Every class was at 0 rank, so I couldn't select guns that were previously unlocked.  But I could change them in-game fine, or on the app.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fixed so torpedo boats are immortal when spawned until player has entered them to prevent an exploit.
View Quote

Good.
That was getting ridiculous on the Empire's Edge map.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#13]
The livestream for the BattleFest event will be HERE at 4PM EST.

Here's another link with the official info: https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/celebrate-battlefield-in-a-new-battlefest

November 16:
~Battlefest Dog Tag reward for logging in between now and November 27th. This will not be rewarded until November 28th.
~Livestream at 4pm EST showing gameplay with DICE developer interviews and giveaways.
~Fog of War and Hardcore listed in Custom Games menu.
~Battlefield Insider Dog Tag reward for BF Insider members.
~"Best Community in the World" Dog Tag reward to be handed out by "Game Changers".

November 17
~PTFO Battlefest mission with PTFO weapon skin reward. Basically play BF1 during Battlefest for 3 different days and win 1 match of Operations to complete the mission and receive the skin.
~Road to Battlefield 1 Dog Tag and M1911 Incarcerator weapon skin rewards for completing a task in BF4 or BFHardline. Get 25 kills with the M1911 in either game and you'll be rewarded with the items in BF1.
~Battlefest Battlepack Update containing a new revision available for a limited time.

November 18
~"FridayNightBattlefield Battlefest" event containing special servers with a special dog tag reward. Something about meleeing a BF1 developer.
~2XP event for BF4 and BFHardline players.

November 20 (nothing on the 19th)
~Battlefest Community Videos

November 23 (nothing on the 21st or 22nd)
~Veteran Dog Tag rewarded to previous BF3, BF4, or BFHardline players.
~CTE Veteran Dog Tag rewarded to CTE participants of BF4 or BFHardline.

November 25 (nothing on the 24th)
~Another "FridayNightBattlefield Battlefest" event.
~Another 2XP event for BF4 and BFHardline players.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#14]
does anybody have any good avatar images they are using?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

Yep. I don't use exploits but I witnessed a few team mates doing nothing but exploiting. It got old.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep. I don't use exploits but I witnessed a few team mates doing nothing but exploiting. It got old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

At first I was wondering how guys had 0 kills, 0 deaths, and still scored 20,000+.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Hardcore is the shit. Rifles kill in 1 hit now.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:44:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't remember ever playing Hardcore in a BF game.  What other differences are there besides lowered health?  No HUD?

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hardcore is shit.  Nothing beats getting killed by every member of your team at least once.  Especially right before the flag you've been taking is capped.

I don't get it.  If all people want to do is solely get kills & in the laziest way possibly, pretty much only hide somewhere & snipe, why don't they just play deathmatch where that is the only point in the match.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:33:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't remember ever playing Hardcore in a BF game.  What other differences are there besides lowered health?  No HUD?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this game there is a limited HUD. Other than that, I'm not aware of any differences.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:34:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hardcore is shit.  Nothing beats getting killed by every member of your team at least once.  Especially right before the flag you've been taking is capped.

I don't get it.  If all people want to do is solely get kills & in the laziest way possibly, pretty much only hide somewhere & snipe, why don't they just play deathmatch where that is the only point in the match.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the first day of Hardcore. People are still figuring out how to identify by uniform.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:43:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's the first day of Hardcore. People are still figuring out how to identify by uniform.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'll need to fix that somehow.  You have to admit, some of the factions look nearly identical.  Not hard to see why people are TKing left and right.

I myself have to hold fire to check before shooting on certain maps due to the factions looking so closely alike.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:53:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Older bf would have your team ID but not enemy . You had to hover over them for a min
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 2:01:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They'll need to fix that somehow.  You have to admit, some of the factions look nearly identical.  Not hard to see why people are TKing left and right.

I myself have to hold fire to check before shooting on certain maps due to the factions looking so closely alike.
View Quote

British Indian troops are difficult to differentiate from Ottoman troops.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 2:39:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone else having issues after quitting a game from the loading screen? It seems like it spins and spins forever. Sometimes I have to exit the game completely and restart it. Annoying. I also don't understand why it takes so long to join a match. Maybe it's just a PS4 problem. I'm not savvy enough to understand the inner workings.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 3:01:03 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm starting to hate the weather bullshit.  Not being able to see shit for 15 minutes adds nothing to the game, IMO.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 3:03:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm starting to hate the weather bullshit.  Not being able to see shit for 15 minutes adds nothing to the game, IMO.

View Quote

If you're a sniper it makes it difficult. It makes it more close quarters and changes the dynamics with gameplay in my opinion

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 3:05:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If you're a sniper it makes it difficult. It makes it more close quarters and changes the dynamics with gameplay in my opinion

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I can see that.  But personally, I hate it.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 3:22:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anyone else having issues after quitting a game from the loading screen? It seems like it spins and spins forever. Sometimes I have to exit the game completely and restart it. Annoying. I also don't understand why it takes so long to join a match. Maybe it's just a PS4 problem. I'm not savvy enough to understand the inner workings.
View Quote

Yes. I choose to restart the application at this point.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 3:23:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll love Fog of War
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 3:30:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You'll love Fog of War
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll love Fog of War

I'm sure I'll end up trying it sooner or later.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 4:11:18 AM EDT
[#32]
It's neat. It's basically sidearms and melee weapons. No grenades. Reviving is important.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 7:41:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

In this game there is a limited HUD. Other than that, I'm not aware of any differences.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there still Kill Cam?
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Is there still Kill Cam?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there still Kill Cam?

No not in hardcore
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No not in hardcore
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there still Kill Cam?

No not in hardcore

Sweet, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone else just scrap every Battlepack they get?

I haven't gotten any skins that look cool, and I'm not interested in the two melee weapons since they take 2-3 hits to kill.  I just keep scrapping and buying the 900pt Battlepack, hoping for something that looks good.  I do have two Squad Boosts that I haven't used yet, though.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Yep,  scrapped just about every one.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yep,  scrapped just about every one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Anyone else just scrap every Battlepack they get?

I haven't gotten any skins that look cool, and I'm not interested in the two melee weapons since they take 2-3 hits to kill.  I just keep scrapping and buying the 900pt Battlepack, hoping for something that looks good.  I do have two Squad Boosts that I haven't used yet, though.

View Quote

I have a few royals and some puzzle pieces.

And few of the other special skins as well.

Most for guns I can't get yet
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#40]
So these gun skins we get in the battlepacks... are they automatically applied to the guns or is there a place where we customize them?
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So these gun skins we get in the battlepacks... are they automatically applied to the guns or is there a place where we customize them?
View Quote

In the loadout customization, there is a gear wheel next to the guns. That lets you open up some options. "Visuals" is the where you select the skin.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

In the loadout customization, there is a gear wheel next to the guns. That lets you open up some options. "Visuals" is the where you select the skin.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks man, I missed that somehow.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:50:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mmm.. might have to get the game now.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The mortar sucks in hardcore....well, at least when using it as you can't aim it.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:37:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The mortar sucks in hardcore....well, at least when using it as you can't aim it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was nerfed as well. The train mortar is somewhat difficult to use now as well.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 2:19:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Tried hardcore yesterday... I think it sucks!

Can't tell who is who, and for some reason I can put 5-6 BAR rounds into a guy and he just turns around and 1 shots me! Wtf???

I'm gonna stick to regular game modes for now on... I just don't see the point or appeal of HC mode.

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#47]
There is a pigeon map were its a huge hill with a bunker under it.
Fuck that map.  I get tossed into a game with a bunch of lvl 60+ enemies and they get 2 pigeons away and just pad their score for the next 30 minutes.
Worst game ever played, i was just about to leave and they decided enough was enough and released the 3rd pigeon.  Round ended at 43 minutes.
I just powered the PS4 off and walked away.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It was nerfed as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was nerfed as well.

Yep, I dropped one directly on a guy's head yesterday and it wasn't a kill.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
No not in hardcore
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there still Kill Cam?

No not in hardcore
yea no kill cam. Ambush and snipe to your delight.  You have to figure out where the sniper is rather than watching the kill cam and getting him the next round.  An MG can last a lot longer too.  I tried to play hardcore yesterday but no one entered the game enough to get it started.  Is there a filter to set the browser search for hardcore only.  I did not see it yesterday
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Gas grenades are annoying when the whole enemy team is spamming them at choke points.  There's no counter, besides the gas mask, which turns your guns useless past 10'.  

Effective, but incredibly annoying, especially on maps like Argonne Forest, which is a maze of trails.

Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top