BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
got an email today for the closed alpha, played for awhile tonight, looks good so far!
View Quote

jack frags talked about the mood of the game, seems like alot of people are mad about how fast paced the new battlefield is.

what do you think, since you seem like one of the few people that have actuall play time.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

jack frags talked about the mood of the game, seems like alot of people are mad about how fast paced the new battlefield is.

what do you think, since you seem like one of the few people that have actuall play time.

https://youtu.be/hx0D81Y5p50
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
got an email today for the closed alpha, played for awhile tonight, looks good so far!

I felt it is too fast paced based on the videos.

Ill probably pick it up anyway though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#3]
As a CoD guy, I don't mind fast paced.  

But what is it?  Smaller maps and more players?  I know consoles are getting a bump in players per game.  PS3 used to be 12v12 max.  PS4 (and I assume XB1) will have 32v32.  On some bigs maps, you could go 5 minutes without even seeing an enemy with 12v12.  Made for a slow and boring game.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I love it.  Fast paced?  Sure but you have to run to get thru no man's land.  Faster than any other bf I played - no.  Vehicles sure are slower but they were back then.
There is something added that I would call a banzai charge.  Basically you hold your rifle with bayonet out and run faster for a short time but this also leaves you fatigued.
Plenty of people sniping from everywhere so people are still camping where ever they want.  Perched from grassy knolls to half destroyed windmills.
Biplanes, bombers, balloons & a zeppelin overhead.  Stationary AA guns. Tanks & armored cars.  These vehicles have sponsons everywhere so plenty of firing positions.
Graphics are fantastic.  32vs32.  Only the one map so far.  Have had no problems with it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But what is it?  Smaller maps and more players?  I know consoles are getting a bump in players per game.  PS3 used to be 12v12 max.  PS4 (and I assume XB1) will have 32v32.  On some bigs maps, you could go 5 minutes without even seeing an enemy with 12v12.  Made for a slow and boring game.

View Quote

No battlefield is giant maps tons of players and average to fast paced battle speed. But players are finding issues with it being a fast paced ww1 game which isn't period correct
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Been watching a couple of Alpha reviews and this game has me seriously motivated.

Multiplayer is something I'm actually looking forward to. Haven't felt that way since Bad Company 2.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No battlefield is giant maps tons of players and average to fast paced battle speed. But players are finding issues with it being a fast paced ww1 game which isn't period correct
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah.  I don't really care about the historical accuracies.  It's a video game.

Edit: At least not the pace of fighting accuracies, anyway.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:10:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to be cautious of the NDA with regards to discussing it, but I am having quite a bit of fun with it so far...
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:48:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand why that is rustling some people's jimmies. That said, not sure why they're surprised. A game like that would have to mass market appeal, which is all EA will ever put out. Verdun is pretty period correct and I have to be in a vvveeeeeeeeerrrrrryyyyyy specific mood to play it. Sitting in a trench for 10 minutes to die every time you pop your head out seems accurate, but not too fun.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:58:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I understand why that is rustling some people's jimmies. That said, not sure why they're surprised. A game like that would have to mass market appeal, which is all EA will ever put out. Verdun is pretty period correct and I have to be in a vvveeeeeeeeerrrrrryyyyyy specific mood to play it. Sitting in a trench for 10 minutes to die every time you pop your head out seems accurate, but not too fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like slaying waves of bots with a good squad.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:46:01 AM EDT
[#11]
NDA lifted.  1st time using the GameDVR & OneDrive feature so I have no idea what I am doing.
Vids are unedited & just initially playing around on my 2nd day with the game.
Gameplay is pretty much me charging everywhere.
The flashing text that appears & jumps around on screen is my alpha info (# & gamertag + other stuff) incase I breached the nda & posted pics/vids.  Good thing they just lifted the non disclosure agreement.

https://youtu.be/n_wHOTnhxoQ

https://youtu.be/2eVwLAevm1I

^Cant embed since I am not a team member.

Crazy thing is this is my first time on OneDrive but it already had pics on it of my Saiga 12 mid conversion all torn apart from & dated 2006.  How the hell did that get on there?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Two more.  These are the normal quick clips. 30sec.

https://youtu.be/4hbwoKsue5M

https://youtu.be/mnQWlqxFwcA
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone with a decent amount of time in vehicles?

Wouldn't mind returning to my vehicle whore roots.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#14]
you should get around to that whole team member thing.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#15]
For anybody that wants something more realistic and coming out sooner (8/30/16)

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm so butthurt I didn't get an alpha code
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#17]
HUD-less alpha footage.

Pretty sure I'm going to build a new gaming PC just for this.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For anybody that wants something more realistic and coming out sooner (8/30/16)

https://youtu.be/REmUdPLT18M
View Quote

Very fun but in a very slow way. bayonets for the win.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm so butthurt I didn't get an alpha code
View Quote

We'll, the closed alpha is coming to an end on the 18th. Hopefully the beta won't be too far behind with more maps. Not to rub it in, but man it is a ton of fun.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Is it October 21st yet?

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#21]
BROWNING A5!

Dunno about that fucking AT rifle though, that looks like it could be Rorsch rail gun OP against vehicles.

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
BROWNING A5!

Dunno about that fucking AT rifle though, that looks like it could be Rorsch rail gun OP against vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl3HJ2JnJHo
View Quote

Looking better all the time.

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
BROWNING A5!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl3HJ2JnJHo
View Quote

Sploosh
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#24]
My dick can only get so hard.

Anyone hear anything about a Premium package that includes all DLC map packs yet?

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I have not heard of any bundles that include the season pass.  I do not even see the season pass listed on live yet & recently that has been one of the 1st items you can buy for games before they are even released.

I did preorder the early enlister edition from Best Buy when I was playing in the alpha.  Did not really care about the included skins & what not but figured I would want to play it early again.  Plus with the preorder  $10 cash back, rewards points back 7 gamersclub 20% discount at bestbuy it really cuts the cost down.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I hope they do come out with Premium/Season Pass before launch.  It's nice not having to worry about buying each map pack individually.

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#27]
The only bundle I've seen so far is the "early enlistment" or something bundle with a couple exclusive expansions and like one or two maps in December.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hope they do come out with Premium/Season Pass before launch.  It's nice not having to worry about buying each map pack individually.

View Quote

Oh dont worry, theyll come out with premium, and itll be about a two weeks after launch. So everybody buys the game as the regular deal, then they offer premium. Just the sort of assholery I'd expect from EA.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Oh dont worry, theyll come out with premium, and itll be about a two weeks after launch. So everybody buys the game as the regular deal, then they offer premium. Just the sort of assholery I'd expect from EA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had Premium for BF3.  Can't remember when it was released in relation to the game launch, though.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 4:01:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I had Premium for BF3.  Can't remember when it was released in relation to the game launch, though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had premium for BF3 and 4, I got both at least 6 months after original release just because of the bugs with 2142, Bad company 1 and 2 after launch.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#31]
inb4 OP Metro style camp fest with bipod nubs and c4 trolls happens in BF1

Seriously, that got on my nerves trying to get through the usual choke points to even do anything. IF one team had the high ground, that was it, game over.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Seriously, that got on my nerves trying to get through the usual choke points to even do anything. IF one team had the high ground, that was it, game over.
View Quote

Metro + USAS frag rounds = lolololol.

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup lol. I actually drag it out for old times sake once in a while. It sucks now, and you seldom get kills as you have to hit the wall or floor by them for it to work, but it's still fun to blow up C4 and AT mines with it though. I like blowing up a full health tank with a Frag round haha
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Oh my.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Probably gonna need to upgrade my GPU for this one...
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#37]
hnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Time to put in for time off. Open beta starts August 31st!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I assume "open beta" means any and everyone can play it?  Do you need to be signed up for anything, or can you just download the beta on your platform and play?

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I assume "open beta" means any and everyone can play it?  Do you need to be signed up for anything, or can you just download the beta on your platform and play?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need to be signed up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:37:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Need to be signed up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need to be signed up.

Where at?

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:42:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Reading on the BF1 subReddit, it sounds confusing.  People are saying you need to be signed up for Battlefield Insider to get early access to the open beta.  But on the 31st, it's open to everyone on each platform, no signing up for anything?

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Reading on the BF1 subReddit, it sounds confusing.  People are saying you need to be signed up for Battlefield Insider to get early access to the open beta.  But on the 31st, it's open to everyone on each platform, no signing up for anything?

View Quote

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-beta-dates
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:50:08 AM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems to mirror what I read on Reddit, no?  Insiders get early access, meaning before the 31st.  Everyone else gets access on the 31st.

Or am I reading it wrong?

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:52:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That seems to mirror what I read on Reddit, no?  Insiders get early access, meaning before the 31st.  Everyone else gets access on the 31st.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's clear as mud. (Ie, no clue)
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:54:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha.  Well hopefully we can just download and play on the 31st, without having to be signed up for anything.

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Gotcha.  Well hopefully we can just download and play on the 31st, without having to be signed up for anything.

View Quote

Thats how it was when the BF4 beta came out. IIRC if you signed up for early access you got like 2 or 3 extra days on the beta, so its not a huge amount of extra time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's free to sign up and the only time I get emails from them is when a new game trailer or beta is out, so it's not like they email every day or anything.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#49]
From what I'm reading, Insiders (anyone who signed up as an insider before the 21st will be able to play starting on the 30th.  Everyone else, 31st.

So if you haven't already signed up for the insider, do so now!  https://www.battlefield.com/community/insider

Anyone on PC hop into our teamspeak, will have a bunch of people playing.  ts.ironblooded.com.  You will need permissions to move, if you don't see me, ask anyone with an A tag next to their name.  Will get your permissions setup, any questions about who you are tell em I invited you to play.

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Dang I really hope this means WWII or Vietnam are next! Still the best two games in the franchise but in serious need of an update!
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top