Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2016 2:51:53 PM EDT
Checked a few pages of this subforum, inurl googled the entire board for it, and found not Paragon forum.

Yes, it's still in beta, but you can still grab the founder's pack for 20 bucks and play right now.

As far as MOBAs are concerned, I haven't seen anything groundbreaking in the mechanics side of things, but it is done with the new Unreal 4 engine, so it looks goddamn glorious.

It's currently supporting PC to PS4 cross-platform. I'm on PS4: Subversion86.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen videos of it but watching it feels sloooooooow.  How does it feel to play?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen videos of it but watching it feels sloooooooow.  How does it feel to play?
View Quote

It's actually pretty fast paced. Getting to and from the action seemed a little time consuming at first, but that's before I discovered "travel mode."

It clearly has it's roots in other MOBAs, but the game is just so freakin polished. It introduces a few concepts that weren't in LoL. That's pretty much all I can compare it to, but I guess that SMITE was doing the OTS 3rd person thing first.

What I like about it over LoL is that you feel more engaged in the action (obviously mostly due to being 3rd person) but also the characters are so much more realistic looking. The engine is beautiful.

Honestly one of the best perks is that it's cross platform, even in the beta. I can play my little MOBA with my buddies that play on PC. Couldn't do that with LoL.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Checked a few pages of this subforum, inurl googled the entire board for it, and found not Paragon forum.

Yes, it's still in beta, but you can still grab the founder's pack for 20 bucks and play right now.

As far as MOBAs are concerned, I haven't seen anything groundbreaking in the mechanics side of things, but it is done with the new Unreal 4 engine, so it looks goddamn glorious.

View Quote

I didn't even know it was cross platform, that's awesome. I grabbed it for PC, i'll grab my name later. I usually do PS4 but it's amazing looking on my pc rig. It's fun, not quite sure how much I like it yet as I usually don't get into MOBAs. I do like it better than LoL though, better community IMO.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I didn't even know it was cross platform, that's awesome. I grabbed it for PC, i'll grab my name later. I usually do PS4 but it's amazing looking on my pc rig. It's fun, not quite sure how much I like it yet as I usually don't get into MOBAs. I do like it better than LoL though, better community IMO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the only two people I'm playing regularly with are on PC. Surprisingly though, the controls on the PS4 are pretty smooth. Having played League, I was a bit nervous about how well those controls would translate to console. I was pleasantly surprised.

We played a bit last night vs AI, since we're still getting a feel for the game. Murdock is a blast, and owning people half a lane away with his ult is ridiculously addicting. The bots are somewhat predictable, so it's getting easy. Might try some actual PvP here soon.

Admin note: I should really proofread before I post a thread. The OP reads like English is my second language. Can't seem to get an edit to take
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If anyone is reading but hasn't heard of the game, here it is.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a decent guide to the basics. Not much on actual gameplay/strategy, but explains the whole MOBA thing and basic game mechanics.

I know this thread isn't really moving, but the game technically hasn't been released yet. I just want this stuff here in case people are interested, as well as having an established thread with useful info once the game comes out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top