Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 9:09:59 AM EDT
I just got the XBox One a month or so ago after not having a console or any other type game system since PS3 and Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit .

I have
Call of Duty - Black Ops III
Gears of War - Ultimate Edition
Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition

I am looking for FPSs, I am not to keen on the multiplayer aspect unless it is cooperative play...

I am considering picking up Battlefield 4 as it has dropped to $30, but it is an older game. I have played maybe 30 minutes of it and like the play.

What'st the consensus on these games or feel free to throw something else out there...

Battlefield 4
Fallout 4
The Division
Destiny
Rainbow Six: Siege
Borderlands
Evolve
Far Cry 4
Homefront: The Revolution
Halo 5

ETA: GamerTag = Notrega
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have battfield 4 I took a year off but playing it again. Fallout is a cool game but I didn't get 4 yet
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just got the XBox One a month or so ago after not having a console or any other type game system since PS3 and Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit .

I have

I am looking for FPSs, I am not to keen on the multiplayer aspect unless it is cooperative play...

I am considering picking up Battlefield 4 as it has dropped to $30, but it is an older game. I have played maybe 30 minutes of it and like the play.

What'st the consensus on these games or feel free to throw something else out there...

Battlefield 4
Fallout 4
The Division
Destiny
Borderlands
Evolve
Far Cry 4

View Quote

Why is Halo 5/ halo: the master chief collection not on your list?  Ticks all your boxes.  MCC is 4 games in 1 (can be 5 if you pay a nominal feed for odst)  Halo 5 may not have as great of a campaign as previous games, but the mp is constantly updated and a firefight mode will be added in the next few months.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is Halo 5/ halo: the master chief collection not on your list?  Ticks all your boxes.  MCC is 4 games in 1 (can be 5 if you pay a nominal feed for odst)  Halo 5 may not have as great of a campaign as previous games, but the mp is constantly updated and a firefight mode will be added in the next few months.
View Quote

No idea...

Remember I am trying to get back into gaming...
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Halo series is good.
Titanfall is good but even campaign is online. Its like call of duty with mechs
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
BF4 is a good choice. Still a lot of people playing. It still gets support several years later. Seige is a good too
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
BF4 is a good choice. Still a lot of people playing. It still gets support several years later. Seige is a good too
View Quote

I find my self playing the second assault maps the most
I wish karg island was there too
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Battlefield 4 - Pure online multiplayer, fun as shit with friends
Fallout 4
The Division - I enjoy it, fun single player (that you can play coop), decent PVP, but end game has become grinding for better gear, kind of tedious
Destiny
Rainbow Six: Siege - Online multiplayer only (essentially), I enjoy the hell out of it, more realistic than most FPS'
Borderlands - Played the 2nd one with a friend, had an absolute blast, kind of repetitive.  Funny as shit game though
Evolve - eh, kinda dead, wasn't as good as many hoped
Far Cry 4
Halo 5

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Halo 5 is $27 from amazon.com. (make sure to select amazon as the seller)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00DB9JV5W/34a6-20
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#11]
So...

Halo 5

Or

Battlefield 4

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#12]
If you want single player get the master chief collection and halo 5.  That's a good chunk of gameplay
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So...

Halo 5

Or

Battlefield 4

View Quote

Id wager you would get more playtime out of battlefield.

Redbox both and see which you like best?
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So...

Halo 5

Or

Battlefield 4

Halo 5 receives constant monthly content updates.  Not to mention the weekly playlist updates.  BF4 is on its way out, not exactly where you want to be.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Halo 5 receives constant monthly content updates.  Not to mention the weekly playlist updates.  BF4 is on its way out, not exactly where you want to be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So...

Halo 5

Or

Battlefield 4

Stopped buying microsoft after my third 360 red ringed, so not on up and up on halo. Cool they keep updtaing it, did not know that.

Soooo I'll suggest redboxing both then again, sample each and see which ya like better OP
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#16]
ETA: Oh, just saw you were looking for an FPS.

If you like hack-n-slash games I highly suggest Shadow of Mordor

It's a fun game and you can just tear shit up once you up in ranks get some combos.

Should be able to pick it up for $20 or so.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have

Battlefield 4
Fallout 4
ENTIRELY SINGLE PLAYER RPG FIRST PERSON/THIRD PERSON OPEN WORLD SHOOTER. WORTH THE MONEY.
The Division
Destiny
Borderlands
Evolve

Far Cry 4 PROBABLY ALSO WHAT UR LOOKING FOR.
Halo 5

View Quote

LOVE- must have
FUN
MEH
NO

Must also PLAY: Witcher 3
                       Titanfall
                       ARK: survival evolved
                       Elite Dangerous

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Waiting on Redbox Halo to install. It doesn't seem Battlefield 4 is availble via Redbox
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#19]
What about The Witcher 3?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:18:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Not an FPS but rare replay is about the only game I want on Xbox. Would be worth looking into when you are bored of FPS games
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:36:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Just spent a few hours playing Sunset Overdrive and it is pretty fun and the dialogue is funny as hell.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Im currently playing some RB6: Seige with my brother and friends and it is hella fun.  Starting to get slightly boring though.  There isnt really anything new to the game since it was first released.

Battlefield 4 will always be king, until Battlefield 5 anyway.

Borderlands series are great games.  BL2 is arguably the best in the series when you consider the DLC it has.  Great shooter with lots of loot and RPG type lvl system.

Destiny is fun for awhile.  I admittedly spent way too much of my life on that game the first 1.5yrs it was out.  Something like 400hrs between the PS4 and XB1 versions...  Game has kind of fizzled out lately with lack of content by the developer.

Halo series is what put the Xbox and Microsoft on the game scene.  One of the best series ever with a great story and great multiplayer.  Halo 2, 3, and 5 are my personal favorites, in that order.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Ok... played a few hours of Halo 5 and Fallout 4. While Fallout 4 started so damn slow I really like it. Although I have lost the dog already.

I think I'm going to pick up either Fallout 4 or Battlefield 4 this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Fallout 4 it is - love it so far
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Microsoft is having a sale  in their online game marketplace.  You can get halo 5 and Halo MCC for $55 as a digital/online bundle if you have xbl gold.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Halo-5-Guardians-Bundle/41b7e010-ebdc-4152-a227-f95fb713a3f1?cid=majornelson
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't hesitate to pick up Rocket League.

Best game i've ever played, and it's just $20 on XBL with all the major DLC packs included.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Just picked up Battlefield 4 for $10 on Gold
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just picked up Battlefield 4 for $10 on Gold
View Quote

It's worth $10, for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top