Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/9/2016 8:09:06 PM EDT
Heads up, folks.  The next big DLC for the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is rumored to be dropping soon.  

http://www.breathecast.com/articles/the-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-dlc-release-date-news-rumors-update-to-conclude-geralt-storyline-better-than-main-game-33393/

The release date for the "The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine" DLC is only three weeks away, if the rumors and news reports are to be believed.

Meanwhile, a new challenging enemy looms for the fans of the series, which is a departure from the "Wild Hunt."

Jakub Szamalek, the senior writer for "The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine," confirmed rumors that the DLC will focus on Geralt. In fact, because they incorporated all the feedback from long-time gamers, the downloadable pack will make the experience better.

In an interview with Eurogamer Italy, as shared by Gamespot, Szamalek said that for the DLC, fans can expect to confront a new archenemy in "The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine."

"He also mentions that they've created a complex story that they believe players will appreciate," Gamespot added. "Once Blood and Wine is released, Szamalek says it'll be time for him to focus all of his energy on Cyberpunk 2077."

Attack of the Fanboy shared rumors about the release date for "The Witcher: Blood and Wine" DLC, which is reported to be on April 26.

CD Projekt described "Blood and Wine" as "a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, and will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret."

On the other hand, principal Czech translator Filip Ženíšek declined to respond to all the rumors about the release date for "The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine" DLC, hinting that he does know, but has to pretend that he doesn't.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Vampires. Lots and lots of Vampires.

As originally shown in the "A Night to Remember" trailer.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, I am so ready for this expansion to come out.  

I'm guessing they won't, but I'd love it if they set it after the events of the main game as an epilogue of sorts.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Vampires. Lots and lots of Vampires.

As originally shown in the "A Night to Remember" trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF7kqc7th0A
View Quote

First time seeing that.  Nice.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:25:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Damn, I am so ready for this expansion to come out.  

I'm guessing they won't, but I'd love it if they set it after the events of the main game as an epilogue of sorts.
View Quote

Indeed.

I wanna hear the residents of Toussiant occasionally greet Geralt with stuff like "Long live Empress Cirilla"
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:33:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to learn to play it all over again.

The base game was one of the best I ever played, and the hearts of stone expansion really delivered a whole other fantastic story that could have stood as a separate entry in the series.

Needless to say I have high hopes for blood and wine, and don't expect I will be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks like the cover art has finally been released. After playing HofS I can't wait to see how CDPR blows me away again.

Cover Art for Blood and Wine
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It looks like the cover art has finally been released. After playing HofS I can't wait to see how CDPR blows me away again.

View Quote

Looks like Geralt is thinking "You know what, I don't even fucking care."
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://cdn2.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/002/353/234/large/darek-zabrocki-en-tw3-baw-cover-render-secondary-rgb.jpg?1460654094

I wonder if Fringilla Vigo will make an appearance.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:49:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I own the first two and never played them except a little of the first near the beginning.  Are they really worth it, or should I just skip to 3?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I own the first two and never played them except a little of the first near the beginning.  Are they really worth it, or should I just skip to 3?
View Quote

I guess it kinda depends on how much you like stories in your game.  If the narrative is a big deal to you, you'll be a bit lost because they are all pretty heavily connected.  

That said, the first game has...not aged well, IMO.  Plus, by the third game not many of the choices you make will carry over.  So personally, I'd recommend that you just find a synopsis video on YouTube to get the gist of the world and the story.  And read THIS primer; it's a decent intro.

The second game aged a lot better and is a good enough game to be worth playing in its own right, IMO.  A lot of choices you make in that game will have impacts on the 3rd game in some ways, though none are going to effect the ending or anything similarly major.  Again however, you could watch a synopsis on YouTube and probably not be totally lost.

On the other hand, if you don't care about story and just want to kill some shit, just hop into 3.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]
If you read the books and play the Witcher 2 (and obviously the Witcher 3 ) you'll have a heck of an experience.  There are many many references in the TW3 from the books that will go right over your head if you don't know.  The books are entertaining too so I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to read them purely for entertainment.

The Witcher 1 is very difficult to get through these days as it indeed has not aged well.  It still looks okay and the music is good but other than that it feels so foreign compared to TW2 and TW3.  I'd recommend finding a good synopsis for it.

TW2 should definitely be played as it has held up extremely well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you read the books and play the Witcher 2 (and obviously the Witcher 3 ) you'll have a heck of an experience.  There are many many references in the TW3 from the books that will go right over your head if you don't know.  The books are entertaining too so I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to read them purely for entertainment.

The Witcher 1 is very difficult to get through these days as it indeed has not aged well.  It still looks okay and the music is good but other than that it feels so foreign compared to TW2 and TW3.  I'd recommend finding a good synopsis for it.

View Quote

Assassins of Kings has been added to xbox one, so I'll have to play it some time.  I assume this is the first book?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Assassins of Kings has been added to xbox one, so I'll have to play it some time.  I assume this is the first book?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

The order is as follows with important notes!
1. The Last Wish
2. The Sword of Destiny - I haven't read this one all the way through yet, I started but got busy.
3. Blood of Elves
4. The Time of Contempt
5. Baptism of Fire
6. The Tower of Swallows - not yet released in the English speaking markets but should be shortly - I bound my own fan translation -> book binding is harder than it sounds.
7. The Lady of the lake  - Not yet released in the English speaking market but I purchased a fan translated copy. -> chose not to bind this one
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes.

1. The Last Wish
2. The Sword of Destiny - I haven't read this one all the way through yet, I started but got busy.
3. Blood of Elves
4. The Time of Contempt
5. Baptism of Fire
6. The Tower of Swallows - not yet released in the English speaking markets but should be shortly - I bound my own fan translation -> book binding is harder than it sounds.
7. The Lady of the lake  - Not yet released in the English speaking market but I purchased a fan translated copy. -> chose not to bind this one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

1. The Last Wish
3. Blood of Elves
4. The Time of Contempt
5. Baptism of Fire

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just remembered this recap of the first game that CDproject released back when 2 came out.  It's a pretty good summary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB_bHqHzhIA
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Hell yeah.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Can't fucking wait!
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#20]
May 31st is the release date.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 2:25:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

But that's so far away...
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 2:35:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far away.  

Got the first book.  But I've been too busy to get into it.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#23]
shit I need to finish hearts of stone

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Just a few more days..
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Looks a hell of a lot better than that first DLC.

That was awful
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That was awful
View Quote

It was ok, the wedding part was kinda fun.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was awful

Both of you are high.  That DLC was good shit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Where is the best deal on the DLC?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was awful

Absolutely agreed. The storytelling was phenomenal.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

The first DLC alone was worth the cost of the season pass.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I barely paid anything for the first DLC.  Went on sale, snagged it for like $8, dont remember where though.  Hell, it might have been $5, I really dont remember.

Steam has it for $8.99 now, I may just wait and get this one on sell lol.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#35]
I just got a 2.5GB update.  It broke my modded install so I'm reinstalling now, and I hope my save files still work.

Also, does anyone know if this will be a midnight release?

And when is this DLC supposed to take place?  After or before the end of the main game?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just got a 2.5GB update.  It broke my modded install so I'm reinstalling now, and I hope my save files still work.

And when is this DLC supposed to take place?  After or before the end of the main game?
View Quote

According to some articles I have read, this is meant to be Garelt's final quest.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#37]
A 7.8 GB download just popped up for me on Steam.

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

According to some articles I have read, this is meant to be Garelt's final quest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen the same.  Final quest, probably set sometime after the main game.  However, apparently they don't actually specify exactly where in the timeline it is so the exact place in the story is left fuzzy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#39]
I played B&W for about an hour last night after it downloaded. I like the stark contrast in landscape between it and the vanilla game... all those hyper saturated colors. I also like that they've found their pun dictionary again.

I'm not sold on the slightly changed UI yet. They didn't move a lot, but they moved enough to notice it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:24:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Good to go so far.  Man, this game is beautiful.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:24:14 PM EDT
[#41]
"He's my friend"

That line made me go ?!?!??!?!?!?!??! it can't be!
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:53:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
"He's my friend"

View Quote

Regis?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Regis?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"He's my friend"

Regis?

Talk about a blast from the past.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Sapkowski himself was supposedly quoted as saying he wasn't dead, but it was a pleasant surprise!
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#45]
It hasn't been a challenge for me until quest La Cage Au Fou.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm somewhat disappointed with the general lack of characters from the main game.  I get that they wanted a thematic break with the dreary base game, but not having staples that have been fleshed out over the last several dozen hours like Ciri, Yen, Triss, Roche, etc in favor of an almost entirely new cast of characters, no matter how well done, kinda irks me.  This was supposed to be the last romp for Geralt and co., yet he's the only one there.  I guess I was hoping for more of a Mass Effect 3 Citadel feel.

I still think it's a fantastic piece of content though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm somewhat disappointed with the general lack of characters from the main game.  I get that they wanted a thematic break with the dreary base game, but not having staples that have been fleshed out over the last several dozen hours like Ciri, Yen, Triss, Roche, etc in favor of an almost entirely new cast of characters, no matter how well done, kinda irks me.  This was supposed to be the last romp for Geralt and co., yet he's the only one there.  I guess I was hoping for more of a Mass Effect 3 Citadel feel.

View Quote

I read somewhere that some of the main characters (Ciri,Dandelion,Triss etc) will visit at Corvo Bianco.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I read somewhere that some of the main characters (Ciri,Dandelion,Triss etc) will visit at Corvo Bianco.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hail Empress Cirilla, Ruler of the North and South, (insert 87 other titles here)
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#49]
I always assume the supporting characters are absent from the DLC package stories because you can play them at any time during the main game, and the main game sees some of them come and go.

I guess I'm taking the main game to be Geralt's last story and these side stories to simply be "things that happened during that story" rather than some sort of additional or "epilogue" story.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm actually disappointed that Click To View Spoiler
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top