Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2016 3:28:15 PM EDT
I play alot of cod. On pc every year the player base gets smaller and smaller.
So i wqs wondering how hard is to go from mouse and keyboard to controller?
Is it a steep learning curve
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I play alot of cod. On pc every year the player base gets smaller and smaller.
So i wqs wondering how hard is to go from mouse and keyboard to controller?
Is it a steep learning curve
View Quote

Not very, but controller is pretty shit in comparison. There are products like the Xim4 that allow you to use keyboard/mouse on console.

Why not go to a different FPS for PC though? Like CS:GO. IMO its a lot better than CoD.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]
It takes getting used too. But it's nice to have both.

If I don't pick up my ps4 controller for a week + my aiming is all over the place. But I get back in the groove 30 or so. I find that I have to sit in certain positions to get myself to coordinate
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I know I'm in the minority here but I much prefer to use a Xbox ONE controller and Windows adapter whenever its an option, never really understood the love for mouse and KB when gaming

About the only thing I use Mouse and KB on is ARMA 2/3

So I would say not hard at all, but then again you could just try a different FPS

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like you need to switch to CS:GO on the PC
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know I'm in the minority here but I much prefer to use a Xbox ONE controller and Windows adapter whenever its an option, never really understood the love for mouse and KB when gaming

About the only thing I use Mouse and KB on is ARMA 2/3

So I would say not hard at all, but then again you could just try a different FPS

View Quote
I'm in this boat, played pc games since the late 80s, and I know pc master race will dispute this, but I find the analog inputs much more smooth for movement. I'm not talking about aiming, but character movement. I HATE the "WASD" buttons for control, and when I was still playing FPS games on PC I used a trackball with my left hand and used my right hand on the number pad for movement. I haven't played FPS games on PC so I don't know if they have improved that. For me consoles are for FPS and platformer games while the pc is for RTS or more complex games that need more than a dozen inputs

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#6]
When I would go from PC to PS4 on battlefield 4 I would kill like twice as many people.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#7]
All i ever played was pc so It was very hard for me (Delta force was the shit back then). in BF4 I had to start out sniping just to get the feel of things. I also had to turn the sensitivity way down to around 20 because I was all over the place when I got up close to people. If definitely takes some getting used to

Or you could just get a xim4 and use your mouse and keyboard.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:40:38 AM EDT
[#8]
You'll absolutely hate it. It's just not the same. Very frustrating.

Products that say they are mice/keyboards aren't. They function poorly and you're better off using a controller.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 12:50:31 AM EDT
[#9]
The reason the PC playerbase is virtually (pun!) non existent is because of the very existent amount of better FPSs available for the PC.

Insurgency, Squad (early access), TF2, CSGO... I'd keep going if I wanted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top