Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 89
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 4:27:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone on PC going to play 1am in the morning EST? Or am I the only one? Most likely I'm going to be the only one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone on PC going to play 1am in the morning EST? Or am I the only one? Most likely I'm going to be the only one.
View Quote

Yeah. not me.  I'll be sleeping in a little on my vacation day.  A good breakfast and then The Division, until the kids are out of school.

I woke up a little early and ended up watching MarcoStyleNL on twitch for a while.  Streaming some Xbox play.  I guess there will be no crafting in the Beta.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 7:44:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be on tonight.  Gamer tag in sig if anyone wants to play together.  Be on about 7
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Preloading from steam right now.  I am going to attempt to play this at 1440x900 with a GTX480.  I guess we will see how that goes.  I was really hoping to put off upgrading my video card until sometime later this year because there are supposed to be some pretty big advances in die shrinking.

t3rror1855 on steam
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

1am EST?  It starts at 7am EST...??

PS4 and PC start time: Friday at noon GMT / 7 am EST / 4 am PST

Per Ubisoft:

6. How long will the Beta last?
The Xbox One Beta will begin Thursday, January 28 at 10am CET/4am EST/1am PST and will end Monday, February 1 at 12pm CET/6am EST/3am PST. The PlayStation 4 and PC Beta will begin Friday, January 29 at 1pm CET/7am EST/4am PST and will end Monday, February 1 at 12pm CET/6am EST/3am PST.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1377200-Closed-Beta-FAQ
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Preloading from steam right now.  I am going to attempt to play this at 1440x900 with a GTX480.  I guess we will see how that goes.  I was really hoping to put off upgrading my video card until sometime later this year because there are supposed to be some pretty big advances in die shrinking.

t3rror1855 on steam
View Quote

From pcgamer.com on January 23, 2016:

Minimum Requirements

• Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only).

• Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 | AMD FX-6100, or better.

• RAM: 6GB

• Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM
    (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760) | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2
    GB VRAM, or better.

• Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop
    cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with
    at least the minimum configuration.

• DirectX: Version 11

• Hard Drive Space: 40 GB available space.

• Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer.

• Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.

• Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 256 kbps upstream, or faster.

Recommended Requirements

• Supported OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)

• Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 | AMD FX-8350, or better.

• RAM: 8GB

• Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 | AMD Radeon R9 290, or better.

• Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop
    cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with
    at least the minimum configuration.

• Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller.

• Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 512 kbps upstream, or faster.

From my experience with PC games anytime a company releases the "recommended" system requirements the actual system requirements needed to run the game at higher/highest settings are far, far higher. My PC is a intel i7 4790 3.6GHz, 8 GB RAM, and a Nvidia GeForce GTX770. Based on the above description my CPU and RAM meet the "recommended" requirements, but my GPU is only slightly better than the minimum requirement. Be interested to see what settings/resolution it plays on my PC. Guess I will find out tomorrow.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Been watching a few twitch streams today... Looks fun!

Also looks like the movement and cover controls take some getting used to... It's hilarious watching people panic and just roll around in circles.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Been watching a few twitch streams today... Looks fun!

Also looks like the movement and cover controls take some getting used to... It's hilarious watching people panic and just roll around in circles.
View Quote
Strange, I've never had that issue gaming on my PC with a mouse and keyboard...

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Per Ubisoft:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PS4 and PC start time: Friday at noon GMT / 7 am EST / 4 am PST

Per Ubisoft:

6. How long will the Beta last?
The Xbox One Beta will begin Thursday, January 28 at 10am CET/4am EST/1am PST and will end Monday, February 1 at 12pm CET/6am EST/3am PST. The PlayStation 4 and PC Beta will begin Friday, January 29 at 1pm CET/7am EST/4am PST and will end Monday, February 1 at 12pm CET/6am EST/3am PST.

Meh, I'll be on Friday night then.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Minimum Requirements

• Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760) | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB VRAM, or better.
  • Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration.
Recommended Requirements

• Notebook support: Laptop models of these desktop cards may work as long as they are on-par in terms of performance with at least the minimum configuration.

From my experience with PC games anytime a company releases the "recommended" system requirements the actual system requirements needed to run the game at higher/highest settings are far, far higher. My PC is a intel i7 4790 3.6GHz, 8 GB RAM, and a Nvidia GeForce GTX770. Based on the above description my CPU and RAM meet the "recommended" requirements, but my GPU is only slightly better than the minimum requirement. Be interested to see what settings/resolution it plays on my PC. Guess I will find out tomorrow.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

t3rror1855 on steam

Minimum Requirements

• Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 with 2 GB VRAM (current equivalent NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760) | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB VRAM, or better.
Recommended Requirements

I posted all the specs back on the bottom of page 4.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#11]
BTW, you fuckers playing on XBone need to take a damn lunch break and post some first hand feedback.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BTW, you fuckers playing on XBone need to take a damn lunch break and post some first hand feedback.

View Quote

Damn right
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#13]
division live stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3hoxCHsQig
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be streaming at 7ish on my twitch   I'm stuck at work
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok - feedback from playing for a total of about 2 hrs.

I really really like it so far. Keeping in mind this is beta.

1.  The controls take some getting used to. almost feels real old school resident evil.  Think GRAW but not quite as refined. But it works.
2.  The "full mag to take down enemy" is a non-issue in my opinion. The regular npcs go down relatively easily. Named npcs DO take some bullets - but it feels like you're dealing with armor - not a superman.
3.  I hate having to select grenades and then "fire" the grenade. BUT it's the right way for this game.
4.  Crafting disabled for beta
5.  Only one "base" area extension (medical / tech / ??? Can't remember) enabled for beta.

My first impressions are all good. And I am a hardcore Splinter Cell / Ghost Recon fan.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

1.  The controls take some getting used to. almost feels real old school resident evil.  Think GRAW but not quite as refined. But it works.
2.  The "full mag to take down enemy" is a non-issue in my opinion. The regular npcs go down relatively easily. Named npcs DO take some bullets - but it feels like you're dealing with armor - not a superman.
3.  I hate having to select grenades and then "fire" the grenade. BUT it's the right way for this game.
5.  Only one "base" area extension (medical / tech / ??? Can't remember) enabled for beta.

My first impressions are all good. And I am a hardcore Splinter Cell / Ghost Recon fan.
View Quote

Is it weird that I have a hard on right now?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn I was hoping they would have the crafting open, that is the part I'm currently most curious about.  It was closed in the alpha also.  In the alpha it was the medical section that you could unlock through a quest, I'd assume they didn't change that.

That being said I'm still really pumped to play some more the next few days.

If you didn't get into the dark zone yet, that is where I really think the game is going to be a blast.  Playing by yourself this game is fun, but getting into a group and running around really brings it to a totally different level.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Played about an hour.  It's different.  The cover based system takes some getting used to.  The shooting mechanics are not great imo.  If you are making a shooter, just rip off COD or Battlefront.  Stop doing your own thing.  This also goes for GTA shooting.  

Now past that, this game was made for pc in mind.  The controller usage for everything you have to do is overload imo and seems like PC would be better suited.  Weapon, upgrade and equipment mgt as well seems clunky and not terribly intuitive.  

I'm going to see if playing a few more days changes my opinion.  Maybe an hour was enough.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Correct - the medical mission is the one enabled for upgrading your base.

how the hell do you "quit?"

Sure - I can dashboard and then force close the game - but I don't think that's what they had in mind.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I agree that if you don't play with someone else or a group, it's not going to be as fun.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#21]
The shooting mechanics are exactly like GRAW.

I like them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone going to be on Friday night 1am est to play? My name should be the same as on here.

I also have a vent server for communications.

ETA: master race PC platform.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Well how is it, fuckers?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Anyone going to be on Friday night 1am est to play? My name should be the same as on here.

View Quote
I'm PC Master race as well, but I live in the central time zone, so I will be on at 8 am tomorrow. =)

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, you'll be sitting & waiting for 6 hours.

You even responded earlier in the thread when they told you 7 am, not 1 am, was start time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Correct - the medical mission is the one enabled for upgrading your base.

how the hell do you "quit?"

Sure - I can dashboard and then force close the game - but I don't think that's what they had in mind.
View Quote

On xbone...start button, then settings, then "rb"
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't think this game is going to hold my attention.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#28]
im diggin it
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I don't think this game is going to hold my attention.
View Quote
I'm not passing judgement until I get my hands on the PC beta tomorrow morning, but from the streams I watched the game looks like a Battlefield-esque game with some minor MMO (WoW, Star Wars The Old Republic, etc.) elements (character customization in looks and stats, quests/missions, loot, crafting, etc.) tossed in.

Looking forward to tomorrow! Will post up some feedback after I get a few hours in the game in the morning!  

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:27:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

If they can get a few things ironed out, this game is going to be awesome.  It will however be quite the grind fest in order to dominate the dark zone.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:57:46 AM EDT
[#31]
After having my hands in this since 6pm I can now say I really like it. If you like shoot and loot play style then you will probably like it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Everyone should remember a couple things.

1.  Beta.
2.  Beta.
3.  Beta.
4.  This is only the very tip of the iceberg we're seeing so far.  Even if content doesn't seem deep when released, Ubi has said this is a multi-year project.
5.  Beta.

And yea - after having spent more time I am really enjoying it.  It's much more enjoyable if you have a group to play with - whether you PVP in the dark zone or not.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 1:23:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Everyone should remember a couple things.

1.  Beta.
2.  Beta.
3.  Beta.
4.  This is only the very tip of the iceberg we're seeing so far.  Even if content doesn't seem deep when released, Ubi has said this is a multi-year project.
5.  Beta.

And yea - after having spent more time I am really enjoying it.  It's much more enjoyable if you have a group to play with - whether you PVP in the dark zone or not.
View Quote

I don't disagree with what you say, but the idea that things will be drastically different in a month is unreal.  The beta is being used to generate interest and drive pre-sales.  It is unlikely that anything will change between now and release other than bug fixes that are discovered during the beta.  This also gives them an opportunity to stress test the infrastructure to see where they might need to scale things up to handle the demand that will come on release day.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 1:38:59 AM EDT
[#34]
The Dark Zone is badass.  I assisted a group fighting a small number of rogue players who were barricaded in one part of the map.   We used comms to coordinate and take them out.  Good times.

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 2:44:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The Dark Zone is badass.  I assisted a group fighting a small number of rogue players who were barricaded in one part of the map.   We used comms to coordinate and take them out.  Good times.

View Quote

I really want to play this game. So you can create your own character right?

Sigh. I really want to play this game.

I have to go to work tomorrow, but I REALLY want to play this game.

Can't remember if I have to go to work tomorrow.....
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#36]
7:01.  Fucking late already.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
7:01.  Fucking late already.
View Quote

Steam SNAFU!
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#38]
OH SNAP

I don't have beta access, I don't think im gonna get it. ill just watch live streams and judge ruthelessly.

You guys don't think the games gonna be all its cracked up to be?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#39]
So played about 3 hrs last night.  Initial with 1 other player then another 2.   So when we had 4 players we went into the dark zone.   I have to say that this game requires playing with other people to get full enjoyment.

Got the m1a and a couple suppressor in the dark zone.  Nothing like suppressed m4 and an m1a.  Yay.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So played about 3 hrs last night.  Initial with 1 other player then another 2.   So when we had 4 players we went into the dark zone.   I have to say that this game requires playing with other people to get full enjoyment.  

Got the m1a and a couple suppressor in the dark zone.  Nothing like suppressed m4 and an m1a.  Yay.  
View Quote

I know it's beta, but I guess there are already people crying about grieving in DZ.  That's the nature of the beast, however it can be a game killer because the masses can't progress.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

So played about 3 hrs last night.  Initial with 1 other player then another 2.   So when we had 4 players we went into the dark zone.  I have to say that this game requires playing with other people to get full enjoyment.  

View Quote
Would you say that is the case for primarily just the Dark Zone, or the entire game?

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Just an FYI, if you pre-ordered via STEAM, there is an issue with the Beta. Message from the forums (from a UbiSoft dev):

Steam Beta Access

We've noticed on the forums that some Steam players are unable to access the beta for Tom Clancy’s The Division. We are actively reaching out to Steam to resolve the issue and will keep you updated as we know more. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Also, I had pre-loaded the beta a few days ago but today when I logged into Steam this morning it showed the download was only at 98%. It finished the download quickly, but that was just odd since it had completed it a few days ago.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Played a few hours last night but I don't know what I think yet. The DZ seems to be where most of your time will be spent. I enjoyed joining up with randoms and taking down some AI enemies. Ran into some rogue agents which makes for an interesting experience. Joined up with a buddy later on and it was more enjoyable. Extraction zones and pulling loot out is a neat concept though it kind of stinks to drop the gear if you die before extracting it out.

It's a slower paced game which I get. I am debating if it is too slow for me however. As more of a FPS shooter I am use to more precise movement/aim so the third person view and moving under cover have taken getting use to. I would constantly get the cover/climb over obstacle buttons confused making for some interesting encounters.

As a gun guy is looks like there are a ton of options in the game with customization which is nice. I also need to remember this is the beta an only a fraction of what's to come.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Would you say that is the case for primarily just the Dark Zone, or the entire game?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So played about 3 hrs last night.  Initial with 1 other player then another 2.   So when we had 4 players we went into the dark zone.  I have to say that this game requires playing with other people to get full enjoyment.  

I'd say primarily the DZ.  The main reason being that you will run into teams of people and they may just snuff you out because you are alone.

That is for full enjoyment though.  You can still solo in the DZ, or link up with random groups of people as you move along.  It is just going to be much more challenging by yourself.

The non-DZ areas are completely doable solo.  At least what they put in the beta, we obviously haven't seen any higher level stuff.

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#45]
PC guys... Anyone having issues with Keybinding?  Seems to be quite broken for me.  Especially assigning mouse buttons.

I have to say the game does a good job on scaling to single players.  Other than hating the cover mechanic(could be a settings issue) the fights are not overly difficult if you take your time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#46]
My group went hunting greifers in the dark zone last night.

It was...  Fun.

So much content is disabled for this - that's really your only source of entertainment after you hit max levels.

If you're solo in the dz and call for extraction the rope is reserved for you. Either that or I was bugged last night.

So there does appear to be some game mechanic "help" for solo DZ players.

Will say - much much more of the "bullet sponge" aspect when playing in a group.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
PC guys... Anyone having issues with Keybinding?  Seems to be quite broken for me.  Especially assigning mouse buttons.

I have to say the game does a good job on scaling to single players.  Other than hating the cover mechanic(could be a settings issue) the fights are not overly difficult if you take your time.
View Quote

You can go back and do a hard mode run of the missions. A lot harder.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quick update after a mere 90 minutes in the game.

Graphics-wise the game looks good. Not like OMG amazing good, but on par with what you would expect most first-person shooter type PC games today look like. My PC is an intel i7 4790 3.6GHz, 8 GB RAM, and a Nvidia GeForce GTX770 and on Medium settings I'm averaging a frame rate of around 45-ish frames per second. If I bump that up to the high settings my frame rate drops into the low 30s. Ultra settings, no way. I did find that using the game's built-in auto-detect settings feature set most everything to high, but then my frame rate dropped to the low thirties. But, once I manually set anything related to shadows, reflections, and volumetric fog to low I was able to achieve a stable mid-40s frame rate. Those three items seem to be real strains on a PC, so setting them to lower settings might improve frame rates. To run this game on high or ultra and sustain a good frame rate is going to take a substantial computer with a top-end GPU.  

The maps and ambiance of the game are fantastic. The streets, buildings, etc. feels like how you might expect a partially abandoned city would be after a pandemic. The games cover mechanic is...odd, but good once you start getting used to it. Having never played a game with a cover mechanic like this it will take some time getting used to it, but its fairly intuitive. Not having the ability to jump is tough getting accustomed to after years of playing Battlefield and CoD games. It reminds me more of the original Rainbow 6 games.

The game has an MMORPG feel to it with the quests, ability to (immediately) don loot that changes your stats and appearance, and battles that aren't as formulaic as a typical MMORPG like WoW (e.g. select a target, queue up spells, wait until their timers end, re-queue spells, rinse and repeat until the mob dies) since you still need to aim and maneuver. Also, the voice acting for NPCs is good, and does add a layer of immersion over text-pop ups.

So far, I haven't encountered many other players in the game other than when I first logged in I saw a few other new players moving through the start area. Have a pal who I will be teaming up with when he gets off work in a few hours.

Will post more later!

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I know it's beta, but I guess there are already people crying about grieving in DZ.  That's the nature of the beast, however it can be a game killer because the masses can't progress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a Beta. Dark Zones are meant to be played with friends. They said they were be end game pve for players who don't like pvp.

ETA: Nevermind. Beta said best loot is in darkzone.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#50]
So far so good.  I ended up switching over to a controller setup.  Not much to the game.

Page / 89
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top