BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Will they do this even if you take the power cores out?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Started messing around with the Automatron DLC stuff last night for a few min. Seems pretty cool & I've been playing long enough I was ready for new stuff to shoot in the face anyway

On a side note, found out certain companions will get into your power armor stash when your not around & the settlement they're in is under attack. Wouldn't be a big deal, but they leave it parked wherever they're at when the battle is over & Cait/McReedy/Hancock keep the helmets and you have to get them back from them

I really wanted to kill them all considering they had cabbaged onto X-01 helmets too.....thieving bastards! I guess I'm going to have to send them all away from my 50+ power armor suits stash at Sanctuary.

Will they do this even if you take the power cores out?

Not sure, but I did remove them all afterwards. They are still stored in my workbench so I'll see what happens next time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I know I am late to the game, but why does Piper have such a massive ass?
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 2:16:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is something about coming back to home base & seeing Piper working in the garden kneeling in her underwear
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Deleted the pile of crap from my shitbox 1.

Game was corrupting every save I made which had the effect of not only NOT saving the game but also fucking up the most recent save I tried to save over.

That is how I lost over a day and a half of game time without knowing it and logged in to find my progress lost.  Tried reverting to an old save and working forward and the bug persisted.

Fuck this game.    Not sure I want to start over and replay it just to have it happen again.

Waste of money at this point.
View Quote
play it on PC = No problems

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]
No problems on PS4 either
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quick question regarding the Automatron expansion:

Does it introduce new weapons and armor into the non-expansion world? I want to beat the main story before purchasing Automatron, but am wondering if the DLC brings new stuff that I can use in the main story.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Does it introduce new weapons and armor into the non-expansion world? I want to beat the main story before purchasing Automatron, but am wondering if the DLC brings new stuff that I can use in the main story.
View Quote

I didn't run into anything new really. You may pick up some robot stimpacks or random bits of "junk" but most of the weapons I ran across were melee concoctions that I haven't seen before and not projectile type weapons. You can use them outside the DLC as its all in the same vanilla map
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I played it for about a week. All the settlement building shit takes up way too much time. It feels like a sims game in the fallout world. It's a neat concept, but goddamn is it over done.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I didn't run into anything new really. You may pick up some robot stimpacks or random bits of "junk" but most of the weapons I ran across were melee concoctions that I haven't seen before and not projectile type weapons. You can use them outside the DLC as its all in the same vanilla map
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is one new energy weapon, a couple new melee weapons, some new metal armor, and a unique set of t60. Every thing is Player Character,  some of the melee weapons are used by the new NPCs that spawn, but they pretty much only show up for settlement attacks, and so far have only bothered my robot heavy main base, but they never even get close the middle and laser turrets fuck them up before I can usually even get a shot off.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#11]
New patch came out today. No patch notes, but i read the next DLC is out on the 12th. Supposedly adding a shit ton of stuff to the settlement building aspect (), and will give the option of capturing wasteland creatures, including deathclaws. The big expansion will be out this summer though, and from what i've heard it will be a full blown extra story. Guess they finally got tired of people bitching about paying for rinky dink bullshit extras.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
New patch came out today. No patch notes, but i read the next DLC is out on the 12th. Supposedly adding a shit ton of stuff to the settlement building aspect (), and will give the option of capturing wasteland creatures, including deathclaws. The big expansion will be out this summer though, and from what i've heard it will be a full blown extra story. Guess they finally got tired of people bitching about paying for rinky dink bullshit extras.
View Quote

Bethesda Fallout games always have additional story DLC's.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone download the "Automatron" DCL?
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, twice actually lol. Played all the way though it's missions/quests the first time around, and then had all the DLC disappear the next time I went to play it (kept all the exp earned previously, etc, but lost everything related to the Automatron). The next game update I downloaded (PS4) fixed whatever the problem was, but I had to re-do all the quests. Not a huge deal really.

Automatron is a cool addition, but I'm looking way more forward to the next 2 DLC packs - Wasteland Workshop & Far Harbor.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I hear this one is going to be basically another full story, not something you can beat in couple days. I think it's far harbor.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#16]
double tap
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, twice actually lol. Played all the way though it's missions/quests the first time around, and then had all the DLC disappear the next time I went to play it (kept all the exp earned previously, etc, but lost everything related to the Automatron). The next game update I downloaded (PS4) fixed whatever the problem was, but I had to re-do all the quests. Not a huge deal really.

Automatron is a cool addition, but I'm looking way more forward to the next 2 DLC packs - Wasteland Workshop & Far Harbor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ooooooooo!! I haven't even heard of those.  I keep forgetting how late I am to all this.  I picked up the game in..........January maybe, no February.  I'm still not even done with the main storyline.
These settlements are a pain in the ass and take up a lot of my time now.  They're always bitching about something.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
These settlements are a pain in the ass and take up a lot of my time now.  They're always bitching about something.
View Quote

You can completely ignore them and continue with the story if you want.  One nice thing about the game is how free you are to play it however you want.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You can completely ignore them and continue with the story if you want.  One nice thing about the game is how free you are to play it however you want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, I hear you.  I'm trying to go for the good guy outcome I guess.  Then maybe I'll play it again as a dick and kill everybody.  
If you do ignore them, eventually you lose them.  I lost one and had to reclaim it by repeating it's original mission killing raiders at a previous location.
It would be nice if you once you got the settlements to certain level of sustainability they took care of themselves for the most part.
Still a sweet game.  Sooooo much to explore.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I played it for about a week. All the settlement building shit takes up way too much time. It feels like a sims game in the fallout world. It's a neat concept, but goddamn is it over done.
View Quote

It's optional just FYI.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

True, I hear you.  I'm trying to go for the good guy outcome I guess.  Then maybe I'll play it again as a dick and kill everybody.  
If you do ignore them, eventually you lose them.  I lost one and had to reclaim it by repeating it's original mission killing raiders at a previous location.
It would be nice if you once you got the settlements to certain level of sustainability they took care of themselves for the most part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't wait for mods on the PS4.  I'm hoping for one that will redo some of the settlement stuff, like whatever randomly decides there's going to be an attack.  I'm tired of having people kidnapped from the fortresses I've set up and having to stop everything to go watch insignificant groups of baddies get ground to hamburger by the defenses.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because for every pack of Sugar Bombs or gumdrops she gives you, she's eating ten?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I can't wait for mods on the PS4.  I'm hoping for one that will redo some of the settlement stuff, like whatever randomly decides there's going to be an attack.  I'm tired of having people kidnapped from the fortresses I've set up and having to stop everything to go watch insignificant groups of baddies get ground to hamburger by the defenses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Id like it if more powerful things attacked you not some raiders with pipe pistols
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kidnapped?  I haven't had that happen yet.  The worst is people complain about not enough beds or food.  
I'm still trying to set up the supply lines between settlements.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#25]
PS4 mods coming in June!
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#27]
That's awesome, and miles beyond what I really want deep down:  the ability to apply ballistic weave to any hat.  I'm so effin tired of a battered fedora.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Fallout 4 Far Harbor DLC Release Date, Price Confirmed: What To Expect From This Massive Content Pack

Fallout 4 Far Harbor DLC Release Date, Price Confirmed: What To Expect From This Massive Content Pack
By Aaron Mamiit | May 05, 2016 06:59 AM EDT

The Far Harbor DLC for 'Fallout 4' is said to be the biggest expansion that Bethesda has ever created. It will be launching on May 19 for $25 on a standalone purchase, but will it be worth it? (Photo : Fallout | Twitter)

Far Harbor, the largest DLC so far for massively popular action RPG Fallout 4 and the first major storyline expansion, is set to launch on May 19.

Far Harbor is such a massive DLC that it is actually not just the biggest so far for Fallout 4, but the largest that developer Bethesda has ever created.

What can players expect from the highly anticipated Far Harbor DLC?

Heading To Far Harbor

The journey to the island of Far Harbor, which is inspired by the real-world location known as Bar Harbor, begins with players accepting a new case from the Valentine's Detective Agency to search for a missing woman and a secret colony of synths.

Players then head to the island off of Maine's coast, and it is said that Far Harbor features a more feral world due to higher level of radiation in the area.

The Conflict

Bethesda describes the conflict in Far Harbor as occurring between the synths, the cult Children of Atom, and the townspeople. It is up to players to either settle the feud and bring peace to the island, or throw the factions into an even deeper conflict. New faction quests involving the island's problems can be accessed by players through the DLC.

In addition to the opposing factions in Far Harbor, the DLC brings more threats in the form of new creatures. The monsters that could be spotted in the expansion include gigantic lantern fish and massive crustaceans.

New Toys

With new problems come new solutions, and in the world of Fallout 4, that means new equipment. A trailer of Far Harbor reveals some sort of fishing hook, while also providing a glimpse of what looks like a diving suit.

The diving suit spotted in the trailer amplifies rumors that Far Harbor will contain underwater segments that can be explored by players. The base game was said to contain such underwater areas, but those had to be cut during its development. Far Harbor could be bringing back these locations, which would be appropriate for its setting.

Completing quests in the DLC will also reward players with high-level weapons and armor, which makes participating in the conflict of Far Harbor much more appealing.

Ready For Launch

As mentioned, Far Harbor will be launching on May 19, with those that purchased the $50 season pass doesn't need to pay anything. For gamers with no season pass, with what is known about the DLC so far, it already looks like the $25 cost of purchasing the expansion as a standalone is going to be worth it.

For lucky ones, the wait will not be as long. Besthesda is said to be sending out invites this week to chosen players to participate in the closed beta of the DLC, which will contain the full version of Far Harbor.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Far Harbor looks promising. Heard rumor that a few new workshop items will come along with it too. Hopefully that'll all get me by until the PS4 mods are released
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:56:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How the hell did you do that???

I am jealous.
View All Quotes

Mods.  Coming to your console soon.  In some form anyways.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 7:49:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I NEED THIS
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Fallout 4 Mods Will Land on Xbox One Following Far Harbor DLC Next Week

FALLOUT 4 MODS WILL LAND ON XBOX ONE FOLLOWING FAR HARBOR DLC NEXT WEEK
Tinker with your tailor, soldier, or spy

BY ALYSIAJUDGE
Xbox One players will be able to sink their teeth into Fallout 4 mods once the next expansion, Far Harbor, releases next week.

Bethesda announced the news in a tweet from its official account, saying that a closed beta for mods will hit Xbox One consoles after May 19.

PS4 players will have to wait until next month for mod support, when they will also be given the ability to create their own mods or download them directly from Bethesda.net.
PC players, meanwhile, have been able to experiment with mods downloaded from Bethesda’s official mod shop for almost two weeks now.

We’ve hit 1 million Mod downloads already on PC! Console coming soon, closed Beta for #Xbox Mods after #FarHarbor https://t.co/Mvp2BID8Pn
— BethesdaGameStudios (@BethesdaStudios) May 9, 2016

In fact, Bethesda told its followers in the same tweet that over one million players have downloaded the PC mods since they were made available.

Previous mods that we've uncovered include a new beefed up BFG weapon, glow in the dark collectibles, and - gladly-  the ability to wield a lightsaber.

Alysia Judge is IGN'S UK video host and is glad to have found a job where "mutant slaying" and "wasteland navigation" count as transferable skills. You can endorse her on Twitter.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Only downside that I've read so far is that modded games will be marked with an M on the save file and not eligible for achievements.  If that's your thing thing I guess it'll just take keeping a pre-mod save after each release of DLC safe for collecting trophies.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:08:43 AM EDT
[#35]
finally bought it. keep playing until past midnight which is making going to work in the morning a bit rough
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:30:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
finally bought it. keep playing until past midnight which is making going to work in the morning a bit rough
View Quote

I feel your pain - just getting in the bed now. Trying to do enough Railroad missions to get ballistic weave.

One positive is that Strong told me he respected me tonight
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I feel your pain - just getting in the bed now. Trying to do enough Railroad missions to get ballistic weave.

One positive is that Strone told me he respected me tonight
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One positive is that Strone told me he respected me tonight

I have to limit myself every time I play and make sure everything I have to do around the house is done.  No matter what my time limit is, I'm always a half hour over.  
GF is already annoyed at me.  My dog now climbs up on the couch and paws at me to let him outside to shit and piss, poor dog.   The time just disappears and I could always play longer.

The Chive had a list of reviews from some video game store written by the employees that are spot on.  
Fallout 4's read;  "Quit your job.  Leave your partner.  Ignore your friends.  You have Fallout now.  That's all you need."
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Win up to $10k for Fallout 4 Mods

In Fallout 4, the critically acclaimed post-apocalyptic action-RPG, you're thrust into a terrifying world filled with quests, things to see and do, and enough content to keep you occupied for months and months. Now, Fallout 4 officially supports mods thanks to Bethesda's Creation Kit, adding thousands of new quests, weapons, enemies, and gameplay opportunities.

The Creation Kit is free to anyone with a PC copy of Fallout 4 and a Bethesda.net account – simply download the Bethesda.net Launcher, create a Bethesda.net account, and then login to the launcher. From the launcher, you can then download and install the Creation Kit.

To commemorate the launch of the Fallout 4 Creation Kit, NVIDIA has created the Fallout 4 Mod Contest, with $40,000 worth of awesome giveaways. The grand prize includes $10,000 cash, support from NVIDIA engineers to polish and enhance your winning mod, and a custom-made Fallout 4 PC.

Winners of each of the four mod categories, explained in further detail below, will get their hands on $5,000 cash, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX GPU, and a Bethesda gift bag, which includes a highly sought-after Pip-Boy Edition of the game, a Fallout 4 Funko Pop figure, a Fallout 4 bobblehead, a Fallout 4 Nuka Cola hat, a Fallout 4 shirt, and a Fallout 4 Vault Boy mask. And last but definitely not least, 16 finalists will bring home an NVIDIA GeForce GTX GPU, and a Bethesda gift bag with all the same goodies listed above.

So what do you need to do to be eligible for all those lucrative prizes? Simple! Fire up the Creation Kit (available via the aforementioned Bethesda.net launcher) and fashion together a sweet Fallout 4 mod based off one of the following categories:

- Status (dialog tweaks, audio add-ins, general patches, UI revamps, utilities, etc.)
- Inventory (weapons, weapon adjustments, items, clothing, or others)
- Data (anything Workshop Mode or quest-related)
- Map (environmental mods such as vegetation, new structures or locations, weather-related, or similar)

After your work is complete, upload the mod—as well as a screenshot and/or a video of what it does—to Bethesda.net. Once you've done that, head on over to the official NVIDIA Fallout 4 Contest page to submit your entry form, as well as a mod description, YouTube link, mod screenshot, and the Bethesda.net mod URL. But don't wait forever! You've got until July 3rd, 2016 to enter your mod into the contest for consideration (note, make sure you're happy with your mod before you submit it to our page!)

On July 11th, 2016, NVIDIA will list the top 20 finalists on the contest homepage, and you'll be able to vote on which one should take first place in each category, including the grand prize. The winners will be announced soon after—keep your eyes glued to GeForce.com for the results!

Here are the official rules, terms, and conditions to the Fallout 4 Mod Contest.

https://youtu.be/hdGr8MH4pPU

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ad Victoriam!
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Went from level 89 to 91 1/2 updating settlements in my "settlement modernization program" over the past two days.  I've started snapping concrete shapes together and building turrets in my sleep.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That's awesome, and miles beyond what I really want deep down:  the ability to apply ballistic weave to any hat.  I'm so effin tired of a battered fedora.
View Quote

+1 is balistic weave in the beret too much to ask!!!!! FU Bethesda!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:29:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Post a screenshot of your player...

Loving the ballistic weave

And love some Strong
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

So is Far Harbor dropping tonight? Can't wait for the PS4 mods! Sooooo much more time will be wasted!
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#44]
The wasteland eventually affects everyone.

I've let my daughter make my characters since Guild Wars back in 2005 when she was five.  Let me tell you, it has gotten interesting as the teen years have set in.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So is Far Harbor dropping tonight? Can't wait for the PS4 mods! Sooooo much more time will be wasted!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. Thursday the 19th.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So what do you need to do to be eligible for all those lucrative prizes? Simple! Fire up the Creation Kit (available via the aforementioned Bethesda.net launcher) and fashion together a sweet Fallout 4 mod based off one of the following categories...

After your work is complete, upload the mod—as well as a screenshot and/or a video of what it does—to Bethesda.net. Once you've done that, head on over to the official NVIDIA Fallout 4 Contest page to submit your entry form, as well as a mod description, YouTube link, mod screenshot, and the Bethesda.net mod URL.

View Quote

Holy shit, that's a lot of work!  Could I enter by making the 10:00 news as a streaker with the Fallout logo on my chest in sharpie?  That would be a hell of a lot easier and more fun!
Seriously, I can't even get half the mods to work right and I'm supposed make a YouTube video?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#48]
And I've finally finished my solutions for every troublesome thing I've run into in the wasteland.  I'm still playing around looking for something that can withstand the one shot kills.

I kept it at three barrels to save some weight and because I can get all three missiles off in VATS with a nearly full AP bar.  With Grim Reapers Sprint the process is almost always repeatable.  The MK1 version has the modifier that causes 50% more damage against humans, but that just felt silly compared to getting the third missile off.

And in case that doesn't do it there's always the old stand by, Big Boy:

Probably a good thing that mini nukes are harder to find and that I can't carry both at once effectively.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#49]
got a notice that some farm was under an attack, went there and there were 7 or so super mutants plus two of their mutant dogs
that was not a fun fight, got killed a couple of times. one time I died it was due to the two with missile launchers firing within seconds of each other and the double explosion was enough to kill even though I was running away from where they aimed
the last time I reloaded I fast traveled back to sanctuary to get dog meat and then fast traveled to the farm. He slowed the mutants down enough for me and farmers to do some good killing

I built them a MG turret before I left
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Remember the golden rule:  When someone tries to missile you, you missile them right back.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top