Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2015 12:25:36 PM EDT
Any sports gamers here? Just picked up a ps4 with free copy of Madden 16
Gona fire it up tonight and see how it looks. Years ago I had hmmm I think it was a Super Nintendo, played a lot of hockey, golf a basketball
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any sports gamers here? Just picked up a ps4 with free copy of Madden 16
Gona fire it up tonight and see how it looks. Years ago I had hmmm I think it was a Super Nintendo, played a lot of hockey, golf a basketball
View Quote

I hate basket ball and hockey. But I always buy the games. I have the new 2k16 and It's awesome and the new Nhl16 is pretty fun too. Madden 16 is also pretty fun this year too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up 2k16 today. Hope to try it out this week, from what I understand the 2k series is the cats meow
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Love me some NHL16
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats def on the list
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:45:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I buy the golf game every year.  Pretty disappointed in this years.  Hopefully they add more courses, more player options, and get rid of that stupid challenge mode.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#6]
FIFA is the only sports game I play, it's also the only sport that is remotely interesting to me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:04:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Fifa and MLB The Show are the best sports games, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I was on a buying frenzy after reviewing some games online, so far I have picked up

Madden (came with system and the game the last of us, which i have not played yet)
Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour
MLB 15 the show
NHL 16
NBA 2k16
FIFA 16
Looks like I got some sports gaming to do this winter, so far I have only briefly tried Madden, Golf, and Baseball

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well I was on a buying frenzy after reviewing some games online, so far I have picked up

Madden (came with system and the game the last of us, which i have not played yet)

Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour

MLB 15 the show

NHL 16

NBA 2k16

FIFA 16

Looks like I got some sports gaming to do this winter, so far I have only briefly tried Madden, Golf, and Baseball

View Quote
PS4? Add me: hoosier122

I need someone equally as noob to play online!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fifa and MLB The Show are the best sports games, IMO.
View Quote

Idk about FIFA as I don't do the soccer stuff, but mlb the show is very realistic, looks gorgeous, and is so in depth franchise-wise that you could think you are playing baseball mogul or OOTP.

On top of that, now you can take your franchise from year to year, which is great,
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up Madden 16 after five years of not playing Madden.

Again, PSN ID is hoosier122
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I picked up Madden 16 after five years of not playing Madden.

Again, PSN ID is hoosier122
View Quote

As soon as I get the chance and time to figure it out I'll look you up, I'm a casual gamer btw.  How is the madden coming along?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I plan on playing PGA on PS4 when I finally get one at the end of the year or next, FIFA and PGA are about the only sports games I can tolerate and do well in.
View Quote

From the reviews I have seen this years pga tour got bad revs. The graphics and gameplay are great but they skimped a lot of features this year. From what i hear EA chokes a bit when there are big changes or upgrades to next gen consoles. Next years should be much better in regards to players,courses and setting up your own player.

All that said i am having fun with the game, the terrain looks great and seeing insects fly across the screen is a nice touch
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

From the reviews I have seen this years pga tour got bad revs. The graphics and gameplay are great but they skimped a lot of features this year. From what i hear EA chokes a bit when there are big changes or upgrades to next gen consoles. Next years should be much better in regards to players,courses and setting up your own player.

All that said i am having fun with the game, the terrain looks great and seeing insects fly across the screen is a nice touch
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I plan on playing PGA on PS4 when I finally get one at the end of the year or next, FIFA and PGA are about the only sports games I can tolerate and do well in.

yep.  From what I have heard, the core gameplay is fun, as it has always been, but the features severely lack.

I have actually been looking at Golf Club.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
yep.  From what I have heard, the core gameplay is fun, as it has always been, but the features severely lack.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right.  The core gameplay is fun.  Everything else is lacking.  The character creation is pathetic.  They better add on to that next year.  The challenge mode blows.  Some of them are near impossible and you'll get discouraged.  But playing through the season is fun.  

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You're right.  The core gameplay is fun.  Everything else is lacking.  The character creation is pathetic.  They better add on to that next year.  The challenge mode blows.  Some of them are near impossible and you'll get discouraged.  But playing through the season is fun.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will never understand that.  Tiger Woods was an awesome game on PS3.  I don't remember what year I had, but it was a long time ago, and from the review I read of Rory, the features in the PS3 version 6-7 years ago, or how ever long it was maybe longer, are far greater than the new one on advanced hardware.   I just don't get it, why go backwards?  They made the game of golf extremely fun, especially with being able to control the ball in the air, but a game like that requires depth to get the most out of it.

EA has been known to strip features as it moved to advanced hardware before.  I remember in PS2 maddens you could relocate and/or build new stadiums for teams, something that was completely missing for most (if not all) of the ps3 editions, and just got reintroduced. Also, the last madden I had, 13 I think for ps3, you could actually upload your own face to the game like they do for real life players by putting a picture on their website and moving the markers around.  It looks incredible.  It was a feature they even had in triple play 2001 IIRC, though not as polished.

Now in Madden 16 for ps4, they give you only a handful of premade faces for your created characters, most of which look horrible.  If you want to move your team, you only have 3 options of team names per city, all of the uniform options are premade...something that is downgraded from the fucking PS2.  

I just don't get why EA Sports does this shit.  Well I do understand, it is because they don't have any competition.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#18]
NHL 16 is the game we should have had last year. it's very well done.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep it is on the PS Store.  It isn't cheap though, I think it was like 20-30 bucks when I saw it.

Does the PS Store ever have sales like steam does?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I have golf club for the pc but I like Rory better. I had a tough time with the putting on golf club
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone up for some Madden 16?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Dbl tap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top