Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I played the last sector battle waaaay too much and only walked away with a recruit prize. I have no idea how people earn a million points doing that shit... they must play 24/7.

I did manage to upgrade my gear enough to get me into the low 2400's, so at least now I qualify for the third tier missions. I just need to get my backpack out of the blue then finish maxing out my remaining pieces... then I go back to focusing on that DL-44 pistol and that other rifle I found, as well as all the shit gear.

So, I'm guessing the single player game is just stalled until Kabam decides to continue it? I keep getting this popup to fight assault missions in Bespin but anything I do there never seems to add any credit. Plus the rewards in Bespin are shit, there is no reason for a level 40 player to actually play assault missions in Bespin (if that is indeed what is needed to advance the story).
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The top players buy their victory. 100 chromium for 5 battle plans at a time. As you know, the battle opportunity missions pay out at 3200 vp per tier 3 run. It's a fair amount of real money spent.

Bespin assault missions drop crystals, desh, or weapons. Salvaging those weapons is where I get 4 star agrocite, along with a fair bit of carbonite. It also gave me a 5 star aurodium crystal on my last run today.

As for unlocking Bespin, it won't happen until the devs allow it to happen.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I still seem to get the best drops from Hoth. Regularly get blue weapons and gear that can be salvaged for yellow and orange crystals (all I really care about still). I get orange crystals out the ass, yellow remains elusive as always. I wind up getting something like ten or twelve orange level 4 crystals, and I sell all but 3 (needed to upgrade my backpack) and it nets me something like 30 or 40K each week I do that. Then do a few desh runs, farm out a bunch of purple desh and keep chipping away at my smuggler gear levels.

I just wish they didn't hide those silver faction tokens. I really want level 3 shotgun, roll and overcharge... but nope, can't have them because I don't play 24/7 or spend a hundred bucks a day on the game.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't feel bad. As much as I play, I just cleared 7000 reputation with the Ivax Syndicate and have been sitting at 6800 with the Rebel Alliance for a couple of weeks.

Sector Battle opportunities are the only thing that has me slowly progressing with Trade Spine. Even then, lord only knows what I'll get at the end of the month. Depending on my ranking, I might get squat.

Edit: It occurred to me to take a look at my Game Center stats.

Not as bad as I expected.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Did anyone else three Imperial Crates yesterday? I got a message in the game that apparently the drop rates of the Imperial Warehouse missions were dorked up and they gifted me three Imperial Crates. They contained three red level 4 crystals (which I need for my trooper gear).

Also, what is the highest DPS weapon in the game? I keep seeing threads of people comparing the Retraction Blade to one of the DL series rifles.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I actually got four. I think it has to do with how many warehouse runs you had completed before they fixed the drop payout glitch. I got crystals and a trooper helmet.

I'm not sure which is the highest dps weapon. The only discussion I've come across is the DLT20A assault rifle having the highest pr boost. At max 6 star, it's 547 higher than max 5 star. It's working pretty well at 5 star for me.

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#7]
6 star items require an ungodly amount of desh and credits to max out. Including the credits needed to upgrade, it must have been in the neighborhood of 500,000.

To upgrade one of my 5 star crew, I need a 7 star axe (5 star now). I don't even want to think how long it will be before I can make that happen.

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm already stockpiling crystals for my level 6 stuff. The rare ones for me still appear to be those damn piss crystals. They simply never drop for me... I'll finish 5 assault missions on hoth and walk away with ten or more orange level 4 crystals from drops and salvage... and zero yellow.

I've managed to max out my level 5 gear finally and got my point level to 2500+, but I'm still pushing for that third yellow crystal to upgrade my backpack. I'm also working on one of those DL rifles as well as my DL-44 blaster pistol... trying to figure out which will be the better of the two once done out. I've noticed that the rifles seem to be better paired with the buffs from the rebel commando outfits which tighten up their aim and penetration. Which is why I'm still planning to pair a DL-44 blaster pistol with my smuggler to buff more speed and agility.

I'm also sitting on crystals to upgrade my trooper stuff... but I really don't want to touch that stuff until I know I can complete the set. Plus trooper armor seems to be very contra to my playstyle... too much buffing of armor and defense, I prefer the speed and agility buffs of the smuggler set.

We need to try and get a co-op game going at some point just to see how they go. My difficulty is that I tend to play my assault missions in the morning over coffe watching the morning news, then I do my credits missions at night when sitting in bed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Likewise. I ran three assaults this morning before even getting out of bed.

Finally nabbed the last 4 star agrocite I needed. I haven't bothered to run the two assaults I have left yet. Spent 2, 2-1/2 hours at work maxing out my rifle. It gets easier once you hit 3225 and can run tier 4 repeatables on the BK level 30 mission. Only 3 star and up desh. More 5 star drops than you can shake a light saber at.

The DLT assault rifle drops on Mataou btw.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah I think I'm going to abandon my DL-44 pistol and focus more on the rifles.

The pistols are accurate, but the sloooooooow rate of fire means the enemies get more hits on you while you attack them. And from what I saw the pistols completely lack any chance of extra hits... since the rifles fire three round bursts there is always a chance that one of your bolts that doesn't hit its target will hit someone behind him or next to him. But with the pistols you hit more than you miss, so the odds of a stray bolt hitting something else is super low.

So my effort is going to be redirected into that new DL rifle that I maxed out over the weekend. It is more or less the same as my previous purple rifle except it can go to orange (whereas my previous rifle was totally maxed out).
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Maxed out my third six star item the other day. Left me at 4215. Only 85 pr points from tier 4.

This sector battle won't be enough to get the electrum I'll need to push my pr to 4300, even if I make captain. If all goes well, I'll be situated by the end of the month.

Consequently, I figure they'll release tier 5 by then.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's what I see when ready to launch a co-op battle mission:

We have enough combined PR to move forward. Mine alone is 4215 right now.

When I try to start the mission, this is what I get:

At this point, I can run the mission. If there were any problems for either one, it seems that neither should be able to go.

Odd and annoying. I'd love to be able to bring a couple more along for a 2 battle plan reward.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#13]
It wouldn't let me join you. I did some reading on the FAQ and from what I could tell everyone has to be the minimum rank to start the mission, it just gives better rewards for co-op... So I can most likely only do tier 3 co-op missions until I get a higher PR.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#14]
If that were the case, I shouldn't be able to go either. As you can see, our combined PR is 4600+.

Something, as they say, is fucky.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#15]
How did everyone do this SB?
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How did everyone do this SB?
View Quote

No idea... probably recruit level as always. I don't find the sector battles very fun... no loot, just shitty claw game grabs, cash and desh to be had. Crap I can get any day of the week. I know there are uber rare loot drops to get if you are in the top 100, but fuck me if I'm going to play the same mission over and over and over and over again a thousand times in one day just to try to outscore someone who is paying to win.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Captain works fine for me. With a strong victory, I'm getting a piece of frou-frou 7 star equipment.

Looking at the last updated list, I had enough before I even went to bed. Around 70,000 made it into the top 3k. I finished up with 140k+

Tacked on a good bit of that this morning and afternoon. Gave me something to do. Much easier than the top 1k it was previously.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#18]
So where the heck are all these people getting the red crystals to upgrade their stormtrooper gear. I got a grand total of like five from the warehouse missions, which is nowhere near enough to upgrade a single piece of gear.

And with the level of grind ramping up massively my interest in the game is starting to wane. This is why I never play MMO's... at some point the story stops and the game becomes "work" with no real reward other than more work. The endless cycle of grind of stuff to upgrade gear to enable you to grind for more stuff doesn't appeal to me much anymore.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#19]
The havod crystals (along with the chance of Imperial gear) come from Imperial Opportunites. These only appear after returning from a SB opportunity mission. I have had one in each of the last two SBs. That's it.

They are very random and very scarce.

Imperial gear is nice, but not essential to boost your PR. Four pieces of 6 star guerilla gear and two five star will easily have you in tier 4.

Link Posted: 10/22/2015 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got the skinny on co-op PR bonuses.

One invited player will give a 10% PR boost to both players, two gives 20% to all three.

This is how I was able to run the tier 4 missions while the invitees were not.

That arrangement sucks. If one can go, all should be able to go.

Link Posted: 10/22/2015 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I would imagine the difficulty imbalance would mean the lower ranked players would get steamrolled though, or the higher ranked player would just walk all over the opposition.

Usually in multiplayer games, or the ones I've played anyway like Destiny and Borderlands, the game scales to the level of the highest ranked player... so if you have a guy who is level 40 and a guy who is level 10 and they co-op the same game, the game is going to be at level 40. So the higher ranked guy will be right at home while the lower ranked guy will have his shit absolutely pushed in. So from a balancing standpoint I can see why they did what they did... they did it to get two players who are -close- in level into the same game while preventing the kind of mismatch we were attempting the other day. Had we actually started that game I imagine I would have been killed pretty quickly, losing any benefit I would have stood to earn.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I suppose. Nearly had my butt handed to me as it was.

While notably harder than tier 3 was, now being at nearly 4500 pr, tier 4 is manageable.

It will have the greatest benefit for SBs. Two battle plans per run will speed things up nicely. Also will increase the possibility of Imperial ops.

Hang in there. They'll be opening up Bespin and the story line before you know it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Since it looks as though all of our active players will soon be level 40, I'm opening up discussion to changes in the cartel focus.

We can choose any planet. I, personally, am trying to upgrade a couple of guerilla items. I know some have a smuggler loadout. We can do majority rules, or set a rotation. Perhaps weekly.

Any input is welcome.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm switching from smuggler to guerrilla myself as smuggler gear, while nice, seems really really stunted for higher PR. I just started working on a blue guerrilla set and even without the hat I'm within 600 points of my maxed out purple smuggler gear. Something about that is just retarded... the PR levels in this game are all messed up.

So whatever repetitious boring ass coffee grinder gets me guerrilla gear crystals and the unobtanium I need for my orange DL rifle I'm all for. Hopefully they release the next section single player missions soon.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Okay. Unless I hear something more compelling, Anoat it is.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#26]
I've been playing for a couple days now.  Just sent a request to join the cartel.

Noveske LaRue's the name. ;)

Link Posted: 10/27/2015 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Are there a decent amount of people playing this? Would it be very difficult to catch up or will I be behind forever if I start now?
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#29]
It's capped at level 40 for the time being, so you're not at any great disadvantage.

It'll take a little while to get leveled up. However, player rating is the more important variable. It's taken me a little more than a month to reach a tier 4 mission PR, and I'm online quite often. If you're not expecting instant gratification, it'll be less frustrating.

Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's capped at level 40 for the time being, so you're not at any great disadvantage.

It'll take a little while to get leveled up. However, player rating is the more important variable. It's taken me a little more than a month to reach a tier 4 mission PR, and I'm online quite often. If you're not expecting instant gratification, it'll be less frustrating.

View Quote

Not expecting instant gratification, I know how these games work. Just wanted to make sure I'd be able to catch up and wouldn't be behind permanently. I'll download it when I have a decent signal, mine sucks where I'm at currently.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#31]
From my experience you will speed through the exiting single player missions and quickly level up to 40, then the whole game will bog down into the typical MMO "grind for gear" as you repeat the same missions over and over again ad nauseum trying to level up your gear. And when you get there (where I am) it then becomes honestly quite boring as the game drastically limits the precious elecrium crystals you need to get your shit from purple to orange. I've been sitting on 8/9 electrium crystals for nearly two weeks now trying to level up my rifle with no crystals dropping.

Then last weekend I (stupidly) played the sector battle like a million times hoping for an imperial opportunity. Nothing. I must have ran that guantlet a hundred times, and all I had to show for it was a bunch of desh. So I have tons of orange desh and nothing to use it on because the my game refuses to drop electrium.

This is why I hate modern gaming. The game isn't about skill or "putting your time in"... it is all about luck and micro transactions. I would gladly have paid $10 up front for this game if it didn't have this random grab bag mobile phone shit and the hyper limited or leaderboard drop shit. Seriously... how pissed would you be if you played Legend of Zelda and the only way to get the master sword was to come in the first three places in a global leader board? Or if you played Castlevania and the only way to "craft" the "expert whip" was to play the Frankenstein stage over and over and over again until you were so sick of it you just wanted to punch the screen, each time praying that Frankenstein drops the uber rare whip leather you need to finish the crafting.

It's bonkers.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:34:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Uh oh.

The new patch notes have a healthy dose of fail and AIDS.

Biggest issue for me is that the amount of credits gained from desh is to be nerfed. Will be selling for approximately 20% of its current value.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:44:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Yep, because that is just what this game needs... more grind for less results.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Kabam cannot into maintenance.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:43:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I am fucking pissed!

Hope you fellas stick around, but if you decide not to, I don't blame you one bit.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#36]
I only played a little bit but it seems they've goosed the graphics engine. The game seems different on my ipad... and the sound effects are JACKED. The game is downright noisy now.

My opinion on the "balancing" they've done is kind of neutral... because I thought the game was horribly grind heavy and poorly balanced to begin with. I figure I'll play it for a while more and see how their tweaks affect things before I just throw it away. I think I'm at that place where a lot of people quit... single player done with no signs of continuing, gear maxed out as far as it will go without massive amounts of time put into boring grind crap and the game seemingly taunting me with stuff I can't get unless I dump real money on it in a -chance- of getting it.

Things I DO like about this update are that they tweaked the crystal appearances so they all don't look so damn similar. And I like how they now let you actually use all your crew people by giving you 20 missions to go on at a time rather than a paltry 4... and their other tweaks to the crew upgrades, like making any tiered equipment set viable for blueprints is a godsend... no more farming loot to try and get that odd gear set blueprint.

Now if they will just fucking drop electrium on a rate higher than "one per 30 day consecutive login" or "one 4 star piece per recruit level or higher on a sector battle" crap. AND if they make the imperial opportunities more common. I've played untold sector battles and have never once had one.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#37]
I've lost nearly 200 PR and I'm getting my ass handed to me on credit runs. I just finished T4 Mataou with just under 500hp left after using all of the Bacta stations.

In addition, Guerilla gear currently has higher PR than Trooper.

As for Imp Ops, I've read accounts of founding member money players not yet receiving one. I've had a grand total of two. Havod only.

Simplifying the crew upgrade process is a good thing.

They've messed with a lot of abilities and equipment. It's gonna take a little while to see how it all shakes out.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Yeah they nerfed the overcharge ability so I just switched back to durable. They also finally made Anoat drop blue guerrilla helmets.

I'm finding some missions feel exactly the same while others feel drastically harder. Anoat credit runs used to be pretty staid for me and last night was a real nail biter.

I also don't care for the presentation revamp. The claw game portion in particular has taken on a totally dumb vibe now, although I do prefer the new "grab all" button on the shitscrip claw.

I figure I'm going to give it a few more sector battle cycles to see if I think the drops and the overall leveling has improved before I toss it. Really the only thing this game has going for it right now is that it is the only thing I have installed on my iPad, so any time I pick up my iPad I tend to play the game.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#39]
I did see where T4 PR requirement for assaults has dropped as well. The threshold dropped nearly 500 PR.

I imagine they'll get around to dropping the requirement for credit runs and repeatables too.

Repeatables currently do not award cartel xp, but assault xp has gone up from 280 to over 3k. I'm curious to see if SB missions have received the same treatment. That would be tits.

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Sector battle seems to be progressing well. Level of difficulty is slightly increased, and crew runs generate a decent amount of battle plans. No complaints.

If I pushed it, I'd probably have 25-30k more vp than i usually do for the first three hours.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#41]
There's an assault event taking place, extra cash for Bespin assaults.

Any thoughts on moving the cartel focus to Bespin? Or are you folks still working Anoat?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Might as well, the drop rate is pure bullshit since the update.

Or more precisely it went from one type of bullshit to a different type of bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Roger.

Who knows, they may actually allow Bespin to unlock.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Bespin's green bar seems to be rising faster than the others this time... come on more single player content and raised level caps!
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Indeed.

I've noticed that my ability layouts and PR seem to be holding up well with the assaults and repeatables with the adjusted max PR number. The 4300 limit missions still give me some anxious moments.

Perhaps we'll have a Bespin sector battle as early as Wednesday.

While I appreciate the battle plans earned from assault runs, I'm afraid it's just going to increase the price of admission to the various reward tiers. Along with the milestone rewards. The most vp I'd earned prior to the last SB was about 195k. Between the milestones and large influx of battle plans from crew runs, I put up around 325k. Good for just inside the top 500. Top 100 was over 600k. It looks as thought I'm going to be a terminal Captain. Which is perfectly fine.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I didn't even clear recruit last time... then again I didn't honestly try that hard. My burnout point is fast approaching with this game unless they drop some new single player content soon. I can only play the exact same level so many times with no real progress before I look elsewhere for my entertainment.

And with Fallout 4 dropping tomorrow I may be barely doing the daily assaults from that point on anyway.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I understand.

The fact that I have an inordinate amount of free time already invested is the biggest reason I'm still chugging along.

I'm curious to see what new content is coming. Hopefully there will soon be some Mandalorian armor available.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Sent a request. Took a while to find the cartels but I'm Imitation CrabMeat.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Gotcha.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#50]
New content unlocked.

It's gonna be a scrap. Prepare yourselves.

Edit: Flamethrower!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top