Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yaaay a cash grab when their OG game isn't even out.....
View Quote

They must have hired some guys from PGI.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#3]

i still don't buy the reason was to release it early to integrate the game better. just seems too much of a push to seem like it really was meant for better PR.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought Elite Dangerous $60 DLC that added the features that were promised in the base game was low.  

So when is the industry going to start charging for Early Access patches?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Finally got my rig moved to the new house.  Thinking about getting back on here if anyone is still playing.

Also, my freeBSD Teamspeak server is still online and will be back on battery backup as soon as I'm not lazy and carry that heavy ass UPS where it needs to go. It's the free 32-slot license and anyone is welcome to hang out on it, just shoot me an e-mail for the info.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Finally got my rig moved to the new house.  Thinking about getting back on here if anyone is still playing.

Also, my freeBSD Teamspeak server is still online and will be back on battery backup as soon as I'm not lazy and carry that heavy ass UPS where it needs to go. It's the free 32-slot license and anyone is welcome to hang out on it, just shoot me an e-mail for the info.
View Quote

my server is still up for now. just search for "afleasworld" and it should come up. pass is still the same. not many have been on lately but if i see you on ill join in.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

my server is still up for now. just search for "afleasworld" and it should come up. pass is still the same. not many have been on lately but if i see you on ill join in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had some comp issues and lately have been restricted to older games. Hopefully by the weekend I'll have everything straightened out and can swing by.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm at 32lat 84long, got a shack with water supply set up with sleeping bag so far because I kept dying and needed a place set up.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm at 32lat 84long, got a shack with water supply set up with sleeping bag so far because I kept dying and needed a place set up.
View Quote

nvm i got yah
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#10]
A Message from Studio Wildcard

In regards to some of the missing Halloween content, unfortunately we weren’t able to deliver on what we had intended to do for this holiday release. Both Jeremy and Jesse (the founders and captains of our team) had to unexpectedly take care of some work out of the country which affected the development and release, as well as the content we were hoping to provide. The special attributes/effects related to Werewolves and Vampires will not be a part of this holiday event. We are hoping to be able to release these special effects in a future event, as we understand a lot of players were looking forward to experiencing it.

We always try to include everything that mention in the patch notes and sometimes things occur outside of our control, in this case it was losing two star players - going forward we’ll be working hard to ensure that our Christmas Holiday patch will have a simultaneous release across all platforms, and include the content we intend for it - there’s a lot to look forward to and we’ll do our best to make it up to you guys!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment caused by th missing content on PC. We understand the frustrations but we do hope that you enjoy the rest of the Fear Evolved Patch.
View Quote

imo i don't care about the freaking event. get the flippin game "officially" released....
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#11]
interesting...

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 4:26:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Picked Ark back up again after almost a year thanks to some .mil buddies who brought me back.   They have a few servers up on PC if anyone is interested.  They are boosted and modded. Alot of fun.   Website for those interested www.thenakedsavages.com
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Picked Ark back up again after almost a year thanks to some .mil buddies who brought me back.   They have a few servers up on PC if anyone is interested.  They are boosted and modded. Alot of fun.   Website for those interested www.thenakedsavages.com
View Quote

So far so fun!  Always find myself going to the island as neat as the center is
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So far so fun!  Always find myself going to the island as neat as the center is
View Quote

Was informed you found my tribes location and said "hi"   Is this a peace agreement, or do you intend to tame a Giga and plow through us?
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I keep getting burned out on Ark.  Every time I get back on I have a blast for a few weeks, but that wears off quickly.  Had a blast a year ago when we had the group going on stryke's server.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#16]
ark and scorched earth are on sale on steam
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#17]
hmm joined the savage server.... will have to get used to PVP... and all these new dinos... damn thief ones especially.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
hmm joined the savage server.... will have to get used to PVP... and all these new dinos... damn thief ones especially.
View Quote

Yeah... I never got the memo about those ones. But I never read patch notes.   Also the PVP isn't to crazy that you have to be constantly looking over your shoulder..  It seems cold war-ish right now on the Savage server. But shit can and will be stirred at any given time between a few warring clans.  If you keep a low profile until you are ready to strike, you will be fine.   The servers/maps are connected so you can bounce between all 3 Savage-server Ark maps with your one character if one server gets to crowded at a given time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I really want to go back to Ark, but I just don't have the time. Just can't spend hours camping a dino being tamed or feeding a baby.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Was informed you found my tribes location and said "hi"   Is this a peace agreement, or do you intend to tame a Giga and plow through us?
View Quote

If this is the primitive guys...no intention of a giga raid..honestly just wanted to see what the primitive tribe was building!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I really want to go back to Ark, but I just don't have the time. Just can't spend hours camping a dino being tamed or feeding a baby.
View Quote

Slick, give the savage server a try.  Everything is 10x.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Looking to get back into ARK. Any server the crew from Strykers server playing on?
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looking to get back into ARK. Any server the crew from Strykers server playing on?
View Quote
My brother and I (Mistral and Bob on Stryker's server; we built the base with you at North Point) finally have the time to get back into things, and we are trying to find a server we like, ideally a PVE 10x xp/taming/etc
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My brother and I (Mistral and Bob on Stryker's server; we built the base with you at North Point) finally have the time to get back into things, and we are trying to find a server we like, ideally a PVE 10x xp/taming/etc
View Quote

i started playing on one last night. it has the extinction mod on it also thats pretty cool. i want to play on a new map though. tired of the island
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:59:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

i started playing on one last night. it has the extinction mod on it also thats pretty cool. i want to play on a new map though. tired of the island
View Quote
I hear you on that. I'd really like to play on Valhalla again.... I'm not really enamored with the thought of monthly resets on ark. There's just way too much time invested to lose everything every month.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#26]
So my wife and I like to play split screen games and I saw this is available on Xbox one.

Something you guys would reccomend?  I don't know a whole lot about it.  We would rather play with each other than with random strangers on the internet.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#27]
It's a great game when you have people to play with, especially people that are a bit more established on a server than you are because you'll need the help.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's a great game when you have people to play with, especially people that are a bit more established on a server than you are because you'll need the help.
View Quote

But there is a single player mode, where you can do split screen right?

We are a bit old school
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#29]
No idea on consoles, and never tried single-player on PC if it's an option.  We just bounce around PC servers.  Currently 3-4 of us on one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone playing on Xbox One?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I just picked this game up and am on xbox, but i'm currently in search of a good dedicated server and group to tribe up with for The Island (fair admins, decent rules, ideally some amount of boost for resource gathering and hatching/maturation) since I refuse to setup shop on any official servers.

had a private server hosted by a coworker I've been playing on that's been great but its mostly dead of players at this point besides 2-3 people.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#32]
So if doing daily farm chores so your dinos don't starve to death wasn't bad enough  to use tek teir stuff you have to make a career out of spelunking for artifacts and slaying dragons.

So much for thinking about playing this game again.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So if doing daily farm chores so your dinos don't starve to death wasn't bad enough  to use tek teir stuff you have to make a career out of spelunking for artifacts and slaying dragons.

So much for thinking about playing this game again.
View Quote

I just happened to be thinkling about going back and reading up on Ark updates and read about tek tier this morning. There's a popular mod that lets you craft element. Personally, I don't think it wold hurt my feelings one bit to play on a server that doesn't have tek, Rex saddles with laser guns seems a bit too much.

Has anyone tried the desert map?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Underwater bases and transporters might be cool to experiment with , but having to start from total scratch again isn't worth it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Logged onto a 2 month old server. Figured it would be new enough that not everything nice would be claimed. Spawned into a island completely surrounded by metal walls and the dude had 43 tamed rex's and 10 gigas.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#36]
i just started my server again. just search for aFlea
kinda getting the bite to play a little bit but not too much
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 3:07:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had to stop playing due to work and home life stuff. Are you still using the "center" map?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 4:55:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Home comp or dedicated server? Any mods? I really like the one that lets you find your body and missing pets.

Also, I'm cool with dropping the cash for a dedicated Arfcom server, even for a low number of people to play, for a few months if we want our own setup.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I had to stop playing due to work and home life stuff. Are you still using the "center" map?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

nah went back to the island, played on center just a little too long.

Quoted:

Home comp or dedicated server? Any mods? I really like the one that lets you find your body and missing pets.

Also, I'm cool with dropping the cash for a dedicated Arfcom server, even for a low number of people to play, for a few months if we want our own setup.

it is a home dedicated server. not the best network connection but woks fine with 2-3 ppl on.

as for mods nothing too much other then the basic ones. like S+ , Stacks +, 2 types of death recovery, pet finder, bridges, big rafts, and beacon enhancer.

max wild should be 150, max player is 200, +200lvls on tamed dino, 10x taming 5x harvest.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I found a decent looking server running the Center map. The xp/tame/gather bonuses are ok, but not out of control. They have a PVP arena and are setting up a trading post. So many changes to keep up with. You can tame giant squids now. And there' s a little dillo looking fucker that steals from your inventory and runs away.

I don't know if anyone has played the Center, but it's a sick looking map. Floating islands and a pretty well designed sea environment.

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#41]
umm yah been playing that map so much mostly with the annunaki mod (bad ass mod) and got tired as it was same stuff over and over. had to take time off for a month or two and now im back on the new center map.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Looking to get back into ARK, maybe looking to pick up ARK: Scorched Earth. 

Any good Servers with lots of ARFCommers on it? PReferably one with lots of multipliers so it doesn't take me half a decade to work my way up to a slingshot?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Looking to get back into ARK, maybe looking to pick up ARK: Scorched Earth. 

Any good Servers with lots of ARFCommers on it? PReferably one with lots of multipliers so it doesn't take me half a decade to work my way up to a slingshot?
View Quote

there is some servers but not sure what all them are at the moment. i do have mine that would  only take you a weekend of playing to get you pretty much maxed and able to do everything. just search for the unoffical server "aFlea"
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#44]
I dropped back into ark yesterday on an annunaki server and am gonna try to build in the redwoods for the first time.....usually I like the beach. I flip between Ark and Empyrion every couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Naked Savages server just wiped 10 days ago so is relatively fresh.  Three map cluster.

To those thinking of scorched earth...do it.

Felt like a new game all over again.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Naked Savages server just wiped 10 days ago so is relatively fresh.  Three map cluster.

To those thinking of scorched earth...do it.

Felt like a new game all over again.
View Quote
The server I'm on is pretty well established and doesn't feel like much of a challenge when  you can buy a lev 200 rex for 1000 ingots. Got a ip?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I like the server I found, but it's one of those situations where once you get enough metal ingots saved, you can buy a couple uber dinos and nothing is a challenge. And the admin spends his days roaming the map and force taming every high level critter he sees to stock his store.

I came across a interesting server. It's western themed and was just wiped (previous server was GoT themed) It looks like Altis Life on Ark. Roleplaying (not enforced but encouraged), safe zones with NPC traders and currency. PvP, but no attacks on anyone below lev 30 and a bounty system and arenas for contests and grudge resolving. The mod for building castles and keeps looks pretty badass.

Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#48]
just rented a server a few days ago. scorched earth, PVPVE boosted taming and gathering speeds with a few mods, just quality of life stuff like stack and s+. running difficulty 8+ so animals max at 240 upped the player cap also to allow solo players enough engrams to buy everything. IP is 192.169.81.197:27051 if anyone is interested. just me and 5 or 6 friends atm.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Found a cool server on Scorched Earth. Has a few mods. One allows NPC venders for the town and there a mod to build castles. It's PVP, but a fresh wipe so the population isn't that high yet. First pic is the neutral town, 2nd is the castle i'm building.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SurviveTogether/comments/60gft8/pc_server_scorched_earth/
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Stage 1 of Castle Arfcom is almost finished. Get the roof on, then work on the inside. Stage 2 will be building up the towers and putting auto turrets on them. Stage 3 will be building a proper keep with castle walls and a dungeon for prisoners. 2nd pic is my end goal. Join now and get your own tower.

Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top