Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 5:03:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I still haven't had a single issue or bug of any kind and they are adding new items faster then I can make and use the old ones.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 5:05:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mine said the game quit working, then all of a sudden the hard drive I store my steam games on disappeared. I might need to step away from this game for awhile. I know it's in Alpha, but I don't have the patience for the issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Something funny going on. Can't log into the arfcom server. It goes to load, then it just goes back to main menu.

ETA:  assuming its just the arfcom server, could log into official servers and single player

Mine said the game quit working, then all of a sudden the hard drive I store my steam games on disappeared. I might need to step away from this game for awhile. I know it's in Alpha, but I don't have the patience for the issues.

Torch - They released an additional patch; looks like quite a few folks were running into the same thing.  Since I happened to wake up a few minutes ago, I checked and there was a small patch for the server, as well.  Apparently, there was an issue with the network recognition.  Seems to have fixed for some folks.  Others are still affected.  

Dev comment:  
It does appear to be a data mismatch that a major update verison will fix. Still some changes we are hoping to get in but we are aware and sorry for the delay.

Not sure on yours, 25.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Something funny going on. Can't log into the arfcom server. It goes to load, then it just goes back to main menu.

ETA:  assuming its just the arfcom server, could log into official servers and single player
View Quote

If your steam updated the game, but the server hadn't updated yet, you won't be able to log on that server.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I did not know they degraded over time, interesting. I'll tell the guy running it Louzor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you're going to password the server to prevent non-ARf players, you might as well enable the PVP flag so that buildings do not degrade over time.

Kharn

I did not know they degraded over time, interesting. I'll tell the guy running it Louzor.

There is a server command you can put in place to get rid of the degrading in PVE.

bDisableStructureDecayPvE
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got my first pteradon last night, DAM THAT SADDLE THOUGH, 75 chitin! Ran around killing Triceratops and Carbonenimies for an hour and only ended up with 45 I had to call it a night.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just got my first pteradon last night, DAM THAT SADDLE THOUGH, 75 chitin! Ran around killing Triceratops and Carbonenimies for an hour and only ended up with 45 I had to call it a night.
View Quote

You got one? Damn!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now you gotta level the hell out of the stamina on it.....get more than a few feet without having to land to get more stam lol.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#9]
So...Torch, and I, decided to go get some mammoths.  

We prepped, grabbing all of our narcs, tranq arrows, etc.  I head up from the south base with my raptor, carno, and stego while torch outfits the two carnos at the main base, the trike and the raptor he wanted to take.  So, I get up there.  Park the critters outside the gate so I can drive the stego into the compound and, I'll be damned if Cornelius...my carno, doesn't just go *poof* and disappears.  What an auspicious start.

I get the stego parked, we get the rest together; and head out to the bald mountain we mine for metal, to the north.  Travelling by torchlight since it was night.  

We arrive to the area we mine and, normally see mammoths, pick a spot...park the critters, set up fire pits for the warmth.  And, set out on foot to scout the area.

See a carno, couple T-rexs fighting, a sabertooth, those damn birds, a couple anklyos...but, no mammoths.  Ended up fighting the carno.  After that, the two T-rexes seemed to have settled their dispute and were wandering around upslope and...finally, we spot a mammoth.  

So we start stalking it, keeping in mind where the T-rexes were.  Only to get jumped by one of those damn birds and a sabertooth. So we killed them.  Rested a bit and continued stalking the mammoth, hoping to catch it well away from the T-rexes...alas, we found the mammoth fighting one of the T-rexes...and, getting eaten by it.  

So we start back to the camp, only to find ourselves beset upon by said T-rex.  Heck of a brawl for a bit.  And...got eaten.  

I respawn at the closest bed and head for where our bodies were.  Torch respawned back at base rather than wait for the bed to cool down.  I find his gear.  Can't find mine.  Well...that sucks.  Once he gets there, give him his gear and head out to look again for my body.  Nothing...nothing but scorpions and sabertooths everywhere.  I get jumped by 4 sabertooths.  I die.  

I respawn back at the base, grab my backup gear and another raptor, and head back.  Meanwhile Torch got a mammoth down, tranq'd and taming.  We relocate the critters and campfires.  And, since it was being all cooperative.  Tranq'd a second mammoth.

The one I tranq'd was L2, Torch's was L29.  Cow and calf, I guess.  About an hour-and-a-half/two hours later.  The L2 was tamed.  The L29 was around half-way.  Torch was short on time so he took the L2, one of the carnos and, a raptor back to base...dodging a Trex on along the way.  He got to the base.

Problem.

Mammoth doesn't fit through the gate.  

Apparently you need a behemoth gate...  That will be a few more days.  Oh well.  So Torch takes down 3 sections of walls to get it inside, luckily, we had around 60 wall sections built and stored in prep for base expansion.  He does some quick tasks, fixes the wall, and logs out.

Day/night/day/nigght...freezing my arse off.  Tick...tick...tick...tick...slowly the training bar fills.  Two and a half hours later, she's done...and, night just fell.  One more cycle freezing my arse off.

Morning arrives and I set off, 2 raptors, a trike (triceratops), a carno, and a mammoth in tow.  Walking since I'm going to avoid the beach/woods where the T-rexes normally hang and cut a path through the timber for the fat arse of a mammoth following me.  Clipped the raptor area on the way through.  Fight was on for a time, 6 dead raptors later, my raptors/carno feeling well fed...we continued.

We get to the beach area near the base and, well, a carno thought the mammoth looked tasty.  Mammoth bitch-slaps carno.    Get closer to the base and the dilos proved how stupid they were...they thought the mammoth looked tasty, too.  Then a pair of raptors outside the base and, while I had them parked outside getting ready to bust the wall down, another carno wandered by.

Critters ate pretty good on the way back.  I fried up some carno, made a saddle for one of the mammoths, and went to bed.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So...Torch, and I, decided to go get some mammoths.  

We prepped, grabbing all of our narcs, tranq arrows, etc.  I head up from the south base with my raptor, carno, and stego while torch outfits the two carnos at the main base, the trike and the raptor he wanted to take.  So, I get up there.  Park the critters outside the gate so I can drive the stego into the compound and, I'll be damned if Cornelius...my carno, doesn't just go *poof* and disappears.  What an auspicious start.

I get the stego parked, we get the rest together; and head out to the bald mountain we mine for metal, to the north.  Travelling by torchlight since it was night.  

We arrive to the area we mine and, normally see mammoths, pick a spot...park the critters, set up fire pits for the warmth.  And, set out on foot to scout the area.

See a carno, couple T-rexs fighting, a sabertooth, those damn birds, a couple anklyos...but, no mammoths.  Ended up fighting the carno.  After that, the two T-rexes seemed to have settled their dispute and were wandering around upslope and...finally, we spot a mammoth.  

So we start stalking it, keeping in mind where the T-rexes were.  Only to get jumped by one of those damn birds and a sabertooth. So we killed them.  Rested a bit and continued stalking the mammoth, hoping to catch it well away from the T-rexes...alas, we found the mammoth fighting one of the T-rexes...and, getting eaten by it.  

So we start back to the camp, only to find ourselves beset upon by said T-rex.  Heck of a brawl for a bit.  And...got eaten.  

I respawn at the closest bed and head for where our bodies were.  Torch respawned back at base rather than wait for the bed to cool down.  I find his gear.  Can't find mine.  Well...that sucks.  Once he gets there, give him his gear and head out to look again for my body.  Nothing...nothing but scorpions and sabertooths everywhere.  I get jumped by 4 sabertooths.  I die.  

I respawn back at the base, grab my backup gear and another raptor, and head back.  Meanwhile Torch got a mammoth down, tranq'd and taming.  We relocate the critters and campfires.  And, since it was being all cooperative.  Tranq'd a second mammoth.

The one I tranq'd was L2, Torch's was L29.  Cow and calf, I guess.  About an hour-and-a-half/two hours later.  The L2 was tamed.  The L29 was around half-way.  Torch was short on time so he took the L2, one of the carnos and, a raptor back to base...dodging a Trex on along the way.  He got to the base.

Problem.

Mammoth doesn't fit through the gate.  

Apparently you need a behemoth gate...  That will be a few more days.  Oh well.  So Torch takes down 3 sections of walls to get it inside, luckily, we had around 60 wall sections built and stored in prep for base expansion.  He does some quick tasks, fixes the wall, and logs out.

Day/night/day/nigght...freezing my arse off.  Tick...tick...tick...tick...slowly the training bar fills.  Two and a half hours later, she's done...and, night just fell.  One more cycle freezing my arse off.

Morning arrives and I set off, 2 raptors, a trike (triceratops), a carno, and a mammoth in tow.  Walking since I'm going to avoid the beach/woods where the T-rexes normally hang and cut a path through the timber for the fat arse of a mammoth following me.  Clipped the raptor area on the way through.  Fight was on for a time, 6 dead raptors later, my raptors/carno feeling well fed...we continued.

We get to the beach area near the base and, well, a carno thought the mammoth looked tasty.  Mammoth bitch-slaps carno.    Get closer to the base and the dilos proved how stupid they were...they thought the mammoth looked tasty, too.  Then a pair of raptors outside the base and, while I had them parked outside getting ready to bust the wall down, another carno wandered by.

Critters ate pretty good on the way back.  I fried up some carno, made a saddle for one of the mammoths, and went to bed.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/Strykewolf/Ark%20Survival%20Evolved/2015-06-23_00006_zps1but5kth.jpg
View Quote

Nice!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Not to mention the fun of trying to chop down wood to repair my bow which broke while kiting the mammoth to knock him out.

On a positive note Cornelius was FOUND! Little bugger was sitting in the river around the bend.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not to mention the fun of trying to chop down wood to repair my bow which broke while kiting the mammoth to knock him out.

On a positive note Cornelius was FOUND! Little bugger was sitting in the river around the bend.
View Quote

ROFL Cornelius said Fuck that, you guys go do the hard work, I'mma just chill here
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ROFL Cornelius said Fuck that, you guys go do the hard work, I'mma just chill here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he heard about the base expansion and didn't want to come back until atleast half of the mats had been farmed.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think he heard about the base expansion and didn't want to come back until atleast half of the mats had been farmed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heh.  Could see him saying "Screw this, I'm goin fishin' ".  

Looks like they delayed the update until about 1PM EST, today.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Upcoming Version: 180.0 (ETA: Thursday 1PM EST, Current Status: In Pre-Release Testing)

- Explosions no longer damage structures thru walls/obstructions
- PvE now shows a "Anyone Can Demolish" timer on structures
- Can no longer... place sleeping bags/structures thru other player's/team's structures
- Can no longer melee attack people thru walls
- Can no longer place doors of multiple tiers over each other.
- Massive async level load/unload hitching reductions
- Fixed exploit with getting flyers underneath the World. If you do this, they will die. Also you can't pull-grab targets through the World either.
- Four new "PvE Hardcore" servers for North America, Europe, and Oceania -- each.
- Major map update: new resources (including summit and underwater Crystals), better visuals, better optimization, and WIP areas completed
- Approximate 15-20% server and client CPU perf gain!!!! combination of link time code generation and opcode optimizations

- 3GB+ RAM reduction for servers, ~1GB RAM+ reduction for clients. For serves over 50% memory savings!!!!!!!! Basically we've converted all our foliage structures to use data primitive types rather than "Objects" :)

- PhysX Bug fix: no more super-slow servers

- Client side GPU perf improvements: foliage batching rewrite
- New Server gameplay options exposed to the Host Game UI
- Fixed issue where foliage would sometimes respawn on your base or on your dinos
- Can no longer damage players through walls with pikes/grenades etc
- Can no longer strafe while prone
- Can no longer pull characters through ground with flyers
- Spear-killing a fish will now also instantly grab the fish so that you can stay out of the water
- Flyers no longer get into a bad flying state when saved while flying (work-around before v180: whistle for them to follow you , then whistle for them to stop after they start flying)
- Can no longer place structures if line of sight is broken by enemy structure
- Stone wall properly colorizable
- Crop plot saving issue fixed
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Upcoming Version: 180.0 (ETA: Thursday 1PM EST, Current Status: In Pre-Release Testing)

- Explosions no longer damage structures thru walls/obstructions
- PvE now shows a "Anyone Can Demolish" timer on structures
- Can no longer... place sleeping bags/structures thru other player's/team's structures
- Can no longer melee attack people thru walls
- Can no longer place doors of multiple tiers over each other.
- Massive async level load/unload hitching reductions
- Fixed exploit with getting flyers underneath the World. If you do this, they will die. Also you can't pull-grab targets through the World either.
- Four new "PvE Hardcore" servers for North America, Europe, and Oceania -- each.
- Major map update: new resources (including summit and underwater Crystals), better visuals, better optimization, and WIP areas completed
- Approximate 15-20% server and client CPU perf gain!!!! combination of link time code generation and opcode optimizations

- 3GB+ RAM reduction for servers, ~1GB RAM+ reduction for clients. For serves over 50% memory savings!!!!!!!! Basically we've converted all our foliage structures to use data primitive types rather than "Objects" :)

- PhysX Bug fix: no more super-slow servers

- Client side GPU perf improvements: foliage batching rewrite
- New Server gameplay options exposed to the Host Game UI
- Fixed issue where foliage would sometimes respawn on your base or on your dinos
- Can no longer damage players through walls with pikes/grenades etc
- Can no longer strafe while prone
- Can no longer pull characters through ground with flyers
- Spear-killing a fish will now also instantly grab the fish so that you can stay out of the water
- Flyers no longer get into a bad flying state when saved while flying (work-around before v180: whistle for them to follow you , then whistle for them to stop after they start flying)
- Can no longer place structures if line of sight is broken by enemy structure
- Stone wall properly colorizable
- Crop plot saving issue fixed
View Quote

That looks like a real nice update.

I gotta find a way to download these updates to install offline.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Update out.

Updating and restarting server.

(ETA)  Server updated and appears to be up.  Going to be a bit before I can log in and check.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I would expect a series of patches, tonight.  Resource nodes seem to have been partially broken, among other things from reading the discussion board.

First patch incoming shortly:

180.1:

- Fixed inability to harvest certain resources
- Fixed inability to find "nearby foundations" when building sometimes
- Changed bullet/projectile damage multiplier on flyers to 4x rather than 6x

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Server patched and back up.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#20]
ill probably be on around 6p to see if i can tame some dinos on the beach.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I have 2 raptors and 7 dilos for pack hunting.
The two raptors usually kill anything before the dilos catch up.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Something is wrong with meat spoiling on dinos.

Just logged in to see every meat eating dino with no food all spoiled.  YumYum had over 200 spoiled meat just from last night.

Trying my best to feed everyone now, but yikes.  WTH is going on?

ETA on a positive note....I finally decided to test YumYum...he took out his first bronto, and his first spino!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#23]
They only eat when they need to, and it will take two weeks for a carnivore to starve to death.
Instead of stockpiling food on them, only give them enough pieces to get them back up to 100% food.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:31:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Well tamed my first T-Rex tonight!

Actually only took 3 hours, but used a lot of prime meat.  So anyone walking into base, dont be scared of the albino rex!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Actually only took 3 hours, but used a lot of prime meat.  So anyone walking into base, dont be scared of the albino rex!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Heh.  Found some albino flyers while scouting for shallow oil (Didn't find much).  Think I'm going to go after a sarco since they're supposed to be pretty good underwater.

Also, updated server this morning.  

* Stone Water Tank is now crafted by hand, not at the Smithy
* Fixed an issue where various animations werent' updating out of view on clients (they were pausing)
* Claiming a Dino now properly sets its new Personal Owner data
* Hitting stuff with the Spyglass and Flaregun (which have no durability) is now akin to punching with your Fists (8 damage per hit and hurts you slightly)
* Fixed issue where pillars were sometimes not being considered "foundations". (any pillars that have this "no nearby foundation" issue will need to be rebuilt on servers upgraded to 180.4 in order to be considered a foundation)
* Fixed massive stall (4-8 seconds) associated with periodic garbage collection
* Added custom saddles for Argentavis and Carbonemys
* Spike blockades can no longer hurt you through walls
* Made wild Megalodons charge speed slower
* Reduced the length of the Ptero's grab animation
* Fixed a case where you could get killed riding your flyer on certain slopes
* Added a lot of missing environmental Ambient Sounds
* HarvestAmountMultiplier and HarvestHealthMultiplier server settings now work
* More GPU perf gains due to map optimization (approx +15% to +20%) and fixing a serious Sky perf issue
* Fixed harvesting impact decals that weren't appearing
* Exposed most current server settings to the Host Game UI
* You can't mount dinos thru walls anymore
* Building Walls can now be embedded in geometry more, providing more ways to place them
* +25% GPU Perf gains. Yes, we had the GPU's idling about 20-25% of the time due to a driver bug. You're gonna enjoy this :)

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

And I was all excited about my scorpion... show off.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Spied a Sarco close to south base, finally.  Before I could tag and tranq it; it picked a fight with a turtle that had 4 other turtles near it.    
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#28]
One of these day's I'll get around to taming a dino.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's hilarious.

There you are going to visit the camp or whatever, and just out of the corner of your eye is a T-Rex that is chilling and not harming anyone.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Spied a Sarco close to south base, finally.  Before I could tag and tranq it; it picked a fight with a turtle that had 4 other turtles near it.    
View Quote

Sarco tamed and in south base now.

FYI they also dont fit through regular gates so I had to do some wall building to get him in.  Only 2 panels for him though!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:48:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Well...don't have to chop down the wall to let the bigger dinos out, anymore.  Behemoth gate is fricking huge.  If it falls over, half of you bums are gonna die.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:50:07 AM EDT
[#32]
In the spirit of the new gates size, i ran an additional wall all the way to the rocks.

Will fill in tomorrow on the other side as well... Then we really can have a parking lot
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Anyone have a good strat for body recovery? They really don't give you a good amount of time to recover your gear.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone have a good strat for body recovery? They really don't give you a good amount of time to recover your gear.
View Quote

Well, I got into the habit of, kind of, keeping track of where I'm at when I run around.  Some areas I've learned well enough that I can, usually, get to my body before it expires.

That said, I always try to have an extra set of gear in the bases, or the materials to make.  I've lost full sets and gear, a couple of times.  And, have returned to where I was killed and not been able to find pack or bod.  There's not really any good way.  It's mostly an educated guess and luck.  I've seen folks get killed and have the body tossed a good distance away from where they fell.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well, I got into the habit of, kind of, keeping track of where I'm at when I run around.  Some areas I've learned well enough that I can, usually, get to my body before it expires.

That said, I always try to have an extra set of gear in the bases, or the materials to make.  I've lost full sets and gear, a couple of times.  And, have returned to where I was killed and not been able to find pack or bod.  There's not really any good way.  It's mostly an educated guess and luck.  I've seen folks get killed and have the body tossed a good distance away from where they fell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok. I've used reference points to find my body and nothing was their including the dino.  I was starting to think my body was getting tossed elsewhere by a bug or game physics.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:41:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a server operating if folks want to join.  We have a TeamSpeak 3 server as well and update the server on a moments notice when new game updates are released.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#37]
So apparently I am the finder of lost animals.....Card....I found Junior!  he was alive!

Tamed 4 mega's all right next to each other, but lost a couple to some weird bug where they just swam off.  In the search for the rest of the A-team, I found junior.  Murdoch is missing though, so hopefully I can find him before the bell chimes tonight.

I will say...it is not easy to swim with 3 other sharks around you following, Always getting caught.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:02:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Yeah sarcos are great in the water if you stay mounted on them during fights, they eat megaladons for breakfast.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:06:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have a server operating if folks want to join.  We have a TeamSpeak 3 server as well and update the server on a moments notice when new game updates are released.

<a href="http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/67.222.138.16:27015/" target="_blank">http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/67.222.138.16:27015/b_560_95_1.png</a>

View Quote

FYI there is like 8 arfcom servers up right now. All with teamspeaks, all update regularly. I'm on the Valhalla server which is a PVP server but stealing/raiding gets you banned. The PVP is only enabled so friendly fire is on. We only have 10 regular players but we are all already used to each other from the minecraft servers and its been really fun so far.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:46:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So apparently I am the finder of lost animals.....Card....I found Junior!  he was alive!
View Quote

Haha you rock!  

How I feel when playing Ark
Cardphan in Ark
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Haha you rock!  

Cardphan in Ark
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha you rock!  

Cardphan in Ark

lol! I name all my dinosaurs Baby and Baby Girl and stuff like Avocado and Sherbet, haha.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Which server are the majority of you playing on now? Just put together a gaming desktop over the weekend, and am looking to download this game later tonight.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

lol! I name all my dinosaurs Baby and Baby Girl and stuff like Avocado and Sherbet, haha.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha you rock!  

Cardphan in Ark

Mine are all named after Smokey and the Bandit characters.

Buford T Justice
Junior
Little Enos
Big Enos (died last night while searching for Junior)
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Which server are the majority of you playing on now? Just put together a gaming desktop over the weekend, and am looking to download this game later tonight.
View Quote

but that's just a few TS people i don't know about the arfcom server.

we are trying to keep it on the down low until we get our shit secure.

me I'm ready to rape bases all i need is a bunch of axes and some time.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

What you really should be looking into is what kind of server are you looking to get into? Do you want a PVP server where every night when you log off people are trying to break into your house and steal your shit? Or are you looking for a more PVE experience where you work with other survivors to tame the wilds?

I know there is 10 on the ar15 valhalla gaming group server that's a friendly co-op server, if you steal/raid you get banned

Slicks group has about 8-10 and last I heard they're playing on a non-arfcom PVP server

Then there is Jatobi's group of people they play on his personal server I don't know their rules or how many they have

edit: Keep in mind the Valhalla group also has servers for all other major games out right now and whenever a new game opens up we get a server for it as well. It's not a bad group to be associated with, when we get free game keys we dish them out amongst our selves, etc. BUT if you get on there and are rude in any way, shape, or form we ban promptly.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What you really should be looking into is what kind of server are you looking to get into? Do you want a PVP server where every night when you log off people are trying to break into your house and steal your shit? Or are you looking for a more PVE experience where you work with other survivors to tame the wilds?

I know there is 10 on the ar15 valhalla gaming group server that's a friendly co-op server, if you steal/raid you get banned

Slicks group has about 8-10 and last I heard they're playing on a non-arfcom PVP server

Then there is Jatobi's group of people they play on his personal server I don't know their rules or how many they have

edit: Keep in mind the Valhalla group also has servers for all other major games out right now and whenever a new game opens up we get a server for it as well. It's not a bad group to be associated with, when we get free game keys we dish them out amongst our selves, etc. BUT if you get on there and are rude in any way, shape, or form we ban promptly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.

lol hell i thought once you died you had to start over i was like damn this game is epic i cant wait to kill people.

i was told there is a hard core mode that is that way
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Heck of a day.  Started off deciding to go after an Argent.  Get all my stuff together, start my way up the coast from South Base to the Main Base up in the ENE area.  Along the way, when I'm most of the way there;  'Oooohhhh, shiny!'  A white and black Carno.   Finally get it down, great...a L28, this will take awhile.  I park Cornelius near it and run to the main base, grabbing narcs, meat, Chomper and a raptor; and head back.  Get jumped by another Carno, kill it and get back to my new 'precious'  

Two hours later, a trio of raptors come in and attack, all hell breaks loose.  Fight ends and the white and black carno is dead.     It wasn't the raptors...I found all the narcs and extra meat in Chomper's inventory, the little (well, not so little) bitch.  

So back to plan A.  Up to the mountain past the base, onto the high slopes.  Spy what looked to be a black Trex, avoided it.  Got to the smithy camp.  Parked Cornelius, Chomper, and the Raptor outside the house; and went scouting and metal/obsidian mining.  On the way back; catch an Argent circling above the critters.  It dive-bombed the raptor and the Carnos ate it.     Second bird shows up, I get it down, nearby.  I leave Chomper at the house and park the other two near it.  A L9.  Not bad.   A bit later catch a white one circling upslope a bit...and I get it down.  A L4.

For the next hour and a half...I go back and forth feeding/tranqing....finally, the L9 finishes.  Move over to the second one and just before it finishes, game lagspikes and I disconnect.  I finally get back in and...there's a pack sitting there from my short-lived tamed white argent.     From what I found in the raptor and carnos gullets; it was a scorpion.  

2 of 3 taming attempts a failure, today.  

On a side note; we're PVE with 7-10 regular and a handful of semi-regulars.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#48]
[edit 1] Just want to have fun with some likeminded individuals to have some fun. Searched ARFCOM, but haven't found anything. Same with Valhalla.

Do I need to put in a specific IP address, or should the general search just bring it up?

[edit 2] I also downloaded teamspeak. I'll jump on someone's server on that as well.

Strykewolfe, which server are you playing on?  

[edit 3] I am a newb and need to read more good.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
[edit 1] Just want to have fun with some likeminded individuals to have some fun. Searched ARFCOM, but haven't found anything. Same with Valhalla.

Do I need to put in a specific IP address, or should the general search just bring it up?

[edit 2] I also downloaded teamspeak. I'll jump on someone's server on that as well.

Strykewolfe, which server are you playing on?  

[edit 3] I am a newb and need to read more good.

View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1707365_Minecraft___.html

and

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1571759_AR15_Minecraft_.html

To be honest easiest way to get in is to go to http://www.teamspeak3.com/ and download teamspeak for free then press "connect" and type in valhalla.sx
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Upcoming Version: 181.0 (ETA: Tuesday 11:00AM EST -- STATUS: LIVE RELEASE CANDIDATE ITERATION)

Re-enabled Official ARK Server item uploads to Steam Inventory: had disabled it due to a dupe bug which is now fixed ;)
   Official Servers are now upgraded to the equivalent of "2.0" difficulty, rather than 1.0
   Added two more player and dino levels, to get more engrams for the new goodies
   Shader Model 4 (DX9, DX10) mode now looks a TON better, with proper light intensities, shadows and night lighting and dynamic lighting
   NEW DINO: Plesiosaurus (with custom saddle!)
   NEW DINO: Ichthyosaurus (with custom saddle!)
   Players are no longer allowed to carry more than 20% over their maximum Inventory Weight, as this was otherwise exploitable when standing on Dinos.
   AFK kick Timer at spawn/respawn screen: server configurable, default 40 minutes
   Structure Paint effect looks much better and fully covers the surfaces
   Preparation for tomorrow's Mac & Linux game releases :)
   Removed Weight limits on Smithy, Fabricator, and any other Structures which accidentally still had them
   configurable server auto save interval
   pipes/cables are no longer considered "enemy" foundations that prevent building nearby
   Obelisk terminals no longer get an auto-demolish timer
   Sabertooth level-up damage scaling ramp reduced by 50%
   In online PvP, use of sleeping bags now triggers cooldown to all your sleeping bags nearby.
   Taming with Higher Taming Affinity now increases base level of dino up to 50% if 100% effectiveness, improving its base statistics (previously wasn't doing much, was only generally increasing their damage)
   Added missing mammoth dossier
   Using spyglass now shows Floating HUD of Dinos, Players, or Structures that you are directly pointing at, for long range reconnaissance
   C4 can now be placed & detonated underwater
   Buff timers no longer 'appear' to reset when you relogin
   Dragging a body no longer removes your FPV hands (bug required players to manually switch to weapon and then back to hands to restore their hands :-P )

Various minor bug fixes

NEW STRUCTURE: Poison Gas Trap

NEW FEATURE: Emote Wheel!

Nonviolent Taming method for Ichthyosaurus (will follow-up with implementation for all Herbivores soon)

Mod makers can now override the minimap and spawn regions

View Quote

Think we need a Plesiosaur with some lockboxes as a deep sea diving platform.  Fill him up with oil and pearls and then sail home.

Oh and did you guys know that if you dye your flare gun it changes the color of the flare?  
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top