Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Both the Anklyos at the Volcano are dead. Bags were on the ground when I got up there. No death messages or anything in the log.

Can't even do the time killing project of building a dodo survival bunker at South Base now.

Game over.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
That is it, I guess I'm going to up load my important dinos to the ark until this server is fixed
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Reading through this thread, I'm not seeing comments online for other servers having this issue-time to blow the server away and roll back to a couple of weeks ago, perhaps?

I'm running an unofficial on a box at my house, pretty casual and PVE, and have not had anything remotely like this.

Nick

Link Posted: 1/18/2016 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
there are occasional complaint of the exact same symptoms but it appears to be rather unccommon. There was a new INI a couple weeks ago that could be the cause. or whatever caused the ini to vanish could be as well.

and the ankys probably just starved if no one has used em in weeks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Our server, as of the past 2 weeks (guess patch timeframe?), has been making random dinos disappear.  Had 2 Brontos simply vanish from an closed off valley with behemoth gates.  Had several other smaller dinos vanish as well no kill log just gone.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume the patch just caused a bug that is being fixed hopefully right now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

there are occasional complaint of the exact same symptoms but it appears to be rather unccommon. There was a new INI a couple weeks ago that could be the cause. or whatever caused the ini to vanish could be as well.

and the ankys probably just starved if no one has used em in weeks.
View Quote
Weeks? I was up there just the other day to mine metal and fed both of them then. No way they would starve in 2 or 3 days. Both have about 7200 food. Even if they did starve the would be messages in the log that they were killed. They died sometime while I was flying up to the volcano because I saw the inventory bags under the platform.

Link Posted: 1/18/2016 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Really bad timing on this bug. Between the holidays keeping people away, plus all the new games that draw attention away (like fallout 4), the nerf bruhaha, plus the associated bugs really kill any desire to go back anytime soon.

Let's hope that things get straightened out soon.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#8]
And the 2 Anklyos at Blue orb are gone too. Bags were on the ground with 14 minute 30 seconds left in the "spoil" timer seems they died as I loaded in.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And the 2 Anklyos at Blue orb are gone too. Bags were on the ground with 14 minute 30 seconds left in the "spoil" timer seems they died as I loaded in.
View Quote

I'm afraid to log in now. I don't want to see my critters mysteriously dying off in one's and twosies like a cheap horror movie. It was pretty emotional when I lost Goose and Zoe the rex got pretty upset when Wash kicked the bucket.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I think that's a feature it doesn't spawn loot bags till the area loads.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I lost my bronto, mammoth, and stegos today . Ended up releasing most of my animals today as it was getting hard to feed all of them with the nerf and loosing my big feeders. I put them on roaming and aggressive to give them a chance
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#12]
My quetz that I hand fed for over a week is gone... my ankys are all gone...

Lets go back to June and go from there?
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Hmm found one post that suggested making sure dino foodrain multiplier is one

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hmmm.  Checked and it was at .75; changed it to 1...which I believe is default.  When I was rebuilding the ini file I must have changed it for some reason.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmm that would have slowed down taming abit. We will see what happens now. Has anyone had anything die that was tamed since the missing ini? My two were old tames

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I haven't tamed anything since PvE carry stopped working.
Quoted:

View Quote

I doubt that is the problem because my other bronto Heavy Load was bleeding from every orifice like it had ebola this morning. Its food was at 100%

BTW, i shut the power off at the volcano, blue beacon, and the hunting lodge. I need the gas to keep the fridges running at south base until this mess can be figured out. They've got 3 months.

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah I had same issue day problem appeared. Logged on to it bleeding. It healed up but then was gone next day. I could see it being some glitch from the multiplier where something was out of sync if the setting changed after taming though

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#18]
The server / settings / game is borked right now.

Some things are fixable by us and some are not

dead / missing dinos

cant pick up wild dinos to replace the dead ones

taming multiplier was off a bit last time i tamed

health / damage buff some dinos rely on the damage modifier to knock out dinos and gathering meat for the egg farms would blow if I didnt have a giga to kill things in a reasonable amount of time

having wild gigas spawn turned on limits the amount of the map we play on to just the southern parts, Wild gigas are broken, on a test server we spawned in a lvl 200 tamed giga it was able to take down a wild lvl 2 just barely  

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Think the taming multiplier was messed up by that command he just fixed that affects how fast food drops

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Well damn
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

It can fight off a Giga? Say hello to a 72 hour tame with dimetrodon torpor drop. It'll probably need something like 200 giga egg kibble as well.

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#22]
It says narcotics don't work... Bet its a fight one for its egg and raise it up mechanic...

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It says narcotics don't work... Bet its a fight one for its egg and raise it up mechanic...
View Quote

But the dossiers lie.

So it either won't be immune to narcs or it won't be able to take down a Giga because its stats would need to be much higher than 140,000HP 1200 damage.

Edit: It says "seems outright immune" which means that survivor writing the dossiers ran out of darts or his rifle broke.

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#24]
im down to help look for one once it comes out as that looks awesome.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I haven't even logged in the last day or two to feed my dinos.  Still kinda pissed about my quetz disappearing, and it seems like there are several other issues going on.  Meh.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:53:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I've only been on long enough to feed mine once a day.

Been plating on another server that my buddy plays on. After what we all built up, playing on the other server feels like poverty
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I wish they would fix the fucking no picking up wild dinos. god damn they just need to do a bug fix patch.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wish they would fix the fucking no picking up wild dinos. god damn they just need to do a bug fix patch.
View Quote

Dont know if this is our problem or not

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/451850849195146702/
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the .INI file was still slightly borked.

I recall there was problems getting it enabled before because the documentation didn't provide the proper syntax.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#30]
hmm swat armor, new dino taser, and glass next patch
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Mmm dat glass
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
hmm swat armor, new dino taser, and glass next patch
View Quote

Glass? Interdasting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Electric prod? So who will be the first to reenact the opening scene of Jurassic Park?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Saw this on the internet. How would you do this without a lot of pillars?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#35]
That's possible if you have foundations on the ground under the ceilings and at least 1 of the ceilings is attached to a wall which is attached to the foundation.

Edit: I think there is a slip gator video (or someone from his server) on Youtube  building a bridge using that quirk.

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#36]
I might have to give that a try.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Saw this on the internet. How would you do this without a lot of pillars?
http://i.imgur.com/lEgv6qx.png
View Quote

Fairly sure that's on a modded server.  Check icons on right side, not standard.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Hmm under water drops now to on the list...

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#39]
How stable is the game right now? I logged in day before yesterday and half my critters were gone but no loot bags. I'm really hoping that someone adopted them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How stable is the game right now? I logged in day before yesterday and half my critters were gone but no loot bags. I'm really hoping that someone adopted them.
View Quote

- Due to the dino deaths (possible falling thru the map glitch) don't get attached to your pets.

- Server settings are messed up, find a different server or play single player

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

- Due to the dino deaths (possible falling thru the map glitch) don't get attached to your pets.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Single player is no fun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Single player is no fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Single player is no fun.

I was on today to feed but I was not on long. The server is just empty anymore
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 7:08:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its not falling threw map. last time i was on one of my quetzel was missing and he was inside my birdhouse. also my bronto was down to like 800hp out of like 8000 but wasn't starving and no dinos moved like it was attacked.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Have there been any new dino deaths more than one login past the INI fix attempt?

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Have there been any new dino deaths more than one login past the INI fix attempt?

View Quote

I haven't noticed anything dying since the 4 mining Anklyos were raptured, with the exception of some Brontos still taking damage for no reason. A few days ago I noticed on of Fleas brontos was bloody, food was 1 berry away from being full so it was not starving.  I doubt these dino deaths are the cause of any ini settings. PVE carry needs to be fixed so I can get replacement Anklyos.
BTW: A few days ago I found one of 7mm's doeds roaming in the swamp by BBC's cliff.It was set to follow ballsack. I have no idea of who or where ballsack was.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Hmm if they are still taking damage it something else

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Hmm if they are still taking damage it something else

View Quote

232.6 states it fixed something about players getting stuck under the map and not being teleported back up and 232.8 fixed something about invisible dinos and structures which was caused by recent optimizations. Maybe that fixed the dino problem.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Don't taze me bro!

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:24:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I haven't noticed anything dying since the 4 mining Anklyos were raptured, with the exception of some Brontos still taking damage for no reason. A few days ago I noticed on of Fleas brontos was bloody, food was 1 berry away from being full so it was not starving.  I doubt these dino deaths are the cause of any ini settings. PVE carry needs to be fixed so I can get replacement Anklyos.

BTW: A few days ago I found one of 7mm's doeds roaming in the swamp by BBC's cliff.It was set to follow ballsack. I have no idea of who or where ballsack was.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That explains why it is in my base. Ballsack is my Pteranodon. I have know clue why he would be following him as I have not used him in a long time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:48:44 AM EDT
[#50]
What's even weirder is a day or so before I could have sworn I saw a doed with a green tag running into the swamp, yet no one else was online. It went out of view before I get a spy glass on it so I thought I was just seeing things.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top