Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Well this could be an interesting fix....

All dinos are now male.  Just logged in to verify.  Even my females that were labeled as such are showing on tooltip as males.

ETA multiple threads on steam forums about it.  Just tested mating and it worked even tho the tooltips showed both male.

Lib Final Solution?  Males can mate?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well this could be an interesting fix....

All dinos are now male.  Just logged in to verify.  Even my females that were labeled as such are showing on tooltip as males.

ETA multiple threads on steam forums about it.  Just tested mating and it worked even tho the tooltips showed both male.

Lib Final Solution?  Males can mate?
View Quote

Oh my...Jezebel isn't going to like that.  

(ETA)  Checked mine, got to Jezebel, yep is now a male...Jez looks at me, squats...drops an egg in defiance of these shenanigans.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't find your guys server anymore. What was the info again?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]
its offline right now, must be down for update
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
its offline right now, must be down for update
View Quote

Damn .
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#6]
stryke is usually quick with it, it is up 99% of the time
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]
SERVER UP

looks like female/male thing got fixed
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It has been one hell of a day.

(ETA)  It's been a hell of a day, in spades.

Fricking godzillas, fricking Qbirds...frick you.

Did have a sorta leisurely ride on the back of Slick's bronto, for a time  LOL  

View Quote

oh man. 3 Qbirds tranq'd and lost. The last one made me cry. Damn raptor was embedded in it and I could kill it without hitting the Qbird.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Well...this will take a bit of practice.  Say hi to Puff the Magic Dragon.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Yours looks silly...

Link Posted: 11/8/2015 4:28:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/Strykewolf/Ark%20Survival%20Evolved/2015-11-07_00002_zpsrj7ez0dl.jpg

View Quote

Did you get the genny and wires replaced yet?
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/Strykewolf/Ark%20Survival%20Evolved/2015-11-07_00002_zpsrj7ez0dl.jpg

Heh...fracking alpha rex.  Yeah.  Turrets fire way slow, so when the minigun turrets come out...  
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Heh, I use 'boilers' on my raft...light them off and head out.   Looks sorta neat that way.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#14]
So it seems 222.5 reduces the damage and hp of tamed gigas but no changes at all were made to wild ones.

Did ARK development get outsourced to India recently?

Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So it seems 222.5 reduces the damage and hp of tamed gigas but no changes at all were made to wild ones.

Did ARK development get outsourced to India recently?
View Quote

Yeah, I'll apply that update in the early morning when I get up, hopefully they'll slip a few tweeks in to help with the stuttering/rubberbanding we've had since the Halloween update came out.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Updating server to 222.6; should be back up shortly.  Server coming back up.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#17]
And, sometime this morning, Godzilla hit Flea's base.  Didn't even know it was there until Leah got hit and eaten, then the Godzilla had frog-legs for an after breakfast snack.  Neither of us saw any death messages until she got hit.  You have 4 rexes, and a phioma left.  Blew about 12 sections of your inward/landward wall out getting into the base.  That has since been replaced.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

And, sometime this morning, Godzilla hit Flea's base.  Didn't even know it was there until Leah got hit and eaten, then the Godzilla had frog-legs for an after breakfast snack.  Neither of us saw any death messages until she got hit.  You have 4 rexes, and a phioma left.  Blew about 12 sections of your inward/landward wall out getting into the base.  That has since been replaced.

View Quote

I vote that abomination is disabled until the Devs unfuck it.
BTW does anyone have a apprentice blueprint for: Pickaxe, Hatchet, Sickle and a blueprint for a ramshackle or better longneck rifle? I lose mine when God Emperor stubbed its toe and decided to eat me. Which btw seems to be another bug. Gigas rage at the slightest amount of fall damage but don't rage after receiving major battle damage.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

BTW does anyone have a apprentice blueprint for: Pickaxe, Hatchet, Sickle and a blueprint for a ramshackle or better longneck rifle? I lose mine when God Emperor stubbed its toe and decided to eat me. Which btw seems to be another bug. Gigas rage at the slightest amount of fall damage but don't rage after receiving major battle damage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got two apprentice longneck bps, this morning; not sure what the bps for the others are that I have on my smithy/bookshelf - you're free to look

Flea, came across Cinnamon while chasing Q's; will drop off at your house on the way by.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#20]

was on this morning for a few min and everything seemed fine then.... maybe time to move to the cost some where.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Aw yiss

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#22]
that poor dilo dosnt know what that bird has in mind
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd like to thank whoever it was that took all of my cement paste. I really didn't want to build that vault today, anyways.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd like to thank whoever it was that took all of my cement paste. I really didn't want to build that vault today, anyways.
View Quote

Hmmmm?  I know I was there early this a.m. checking critters.  Didn't see anyone else in the area.

Just to reiterate to folks, generally we help each other out, many of us don't lock things up in case folks need something.  That said, use your heads, please.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Current Version :v222.8
A Giganotosaurus entering 'Rage' via damage also instantly enrages any nearby allied Giganotosaurus'
Fixed bug that was making Giganotosaurus' invincible during their 'Rage' mode
Reduced 400MB of Texture Memory, woot
Ended some remaining 'Fear Evolved' bits (Obelisk Colors, Bone Alpha Dinos -- all of your costumes/hats already earned are kept, of course!)
Fixed IK issue with dinosuar's legs getting "stuck" underneath floors
Fixed a case where Dinos could deal damage faster than normal
Sword and Shield Durabilities increased by 60%

Upcoming Version: v223.0
PvE "Tribe Warfare" option (capability for Tribes to officially declare war on each other for mutually-agreed-upon period of time)
New Dinos: Kairuku & Angler Fish!
Custom RP-oriented Recipe/Cooking System (including Skill-Based results)
Creature "Fur" pass
Catapult
Minigun Turret
Tiered Server Admin & Tribe Admin Nametag Icons
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Just had an alpha raptor outside my base. The bone skin is gone but they do not have the alpha glow, so watch yourselves.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Thank you,  Torch.

And I was able to get my new house partially completed and vault installed. Putting it in the corner makes unloading my dinos so much easier.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Well now...a'hunting we will go.  

Time to take the Rexes out:  Firepaw saw something I decided to take on with mine.

Elric of Melnibone (120), Queen Jezebel (142), Isabella D'ourden (144), and Daniella Bourdeaux (141)...

Out we went to the mountain by Eagle's place.  Took a break at Alpha Station to wait for daylight:

Once light hit, up the hill we started.  Battlepuppy did recon to help locate it, up and over the mountain we went.

We get over the top..and as the quarry is sighted...I hear:

Look through the spyglass, give the order to attack...and I'll be damned if two of my rexes run the other way (frakking pathing)....Elric charges in, I follow on Jezebel and it's on.  

Didn't take long, Elric goes down, followed by Jezebel...and I'm down before I hit the ground.  

Meanwhile Isabella and Daniella are waaaaayyy the F over there looking over a rock as the Giga falls off the cliff chasing my falling body.  

They were executed for Cowardice in the face of the Enemy.  

Took a bit of time to find it again:

Was only a L9.  Conjured up an ascendant AR (500%) - and it took 1400 rounds to put it down.    

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Server coming down shortly to update to 223.0, should be back up shortly:

Current Version: v223.0
- New Creatures: Kairuku & Angler Fish!
- New Structures, Catapult, Minigun Turret
- Creature "Fur" pass
- Tiered Server Admin, Wildcard Admin, & Tribe Admin Nametag Icons
- PvE "Tribe Warfare" option (capability for Tribes to officially declare war on each other for mutually-agreed-upon period of time). This is enabled by default. To disable it, add:

WindowsServer\Game.ini
(or LinuxServer)
[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
bPvEAllowTribeWar=false

If you want Tribes to be able to cancel an agreed-upon war before it has actually started (default not allowed), then you can also add into that INI:
bPvEAllowTribeWarCancel=true
View Quote

In the next day, or so, I will be replacing the Godzilla spawns with alpha rex spawns, just gotta read up on a couple things, first.

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

In the next day, or so, I will be replacing the Godzilla spawns with alpha rex spawns, just gotta read up on a couple things, first.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

- Creature "Fur" pass
- PvE "Tribe Warfare" option (capability for Tribes to officially declare war on each other for mutually-agreed-upon period of time). This is enabled by default. To disable it, add:

WindowsServer\Game.ini
(or LinuxServer)
bPvEAllowTribeWar=false

If you want Tribes to be able to cancel an agreed-upon war before it has actually started (default not allowed), then you can also add into that INI:

awesome... glad those godzillas will be gone.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Server back up.

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Creature "Fur" pass

WindowsServer\Game.ini
(or LinuxServer)
bPvEAllowTribeWar=false

Agreed, to be honest. If you can't kill a level 9 with four high level rexes, something isn't right.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well now...a'hunting we will go.  

Time to take the Rexes out:  Firepaw saw something I decided to take on with mine.

Elric of Melnibone (120), Queen Jezebel (142), Isabella D'ourden (144), and Daniella Bourdeaux (141)...

Out we went to the mountain by Eagle's place.  Took a break at Alpha Station to wait for daylight:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/Strykewolf/Ark%20Survival%20Evolved/2015-11-12_00011_zpsgcwwzuc9.jpg

Once light hit, up the hill we started.  Battlepuppy did recon to help locate it, up and over the mountain we went.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/Strykewolf/Ark%20Survival%20Evolved/2015-11-12_00013_zpstf6nmk3x.jpg

We get over the top..and as the quarry is sighted...I hear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GtTyC53kjU

Look through the spyglass, give the order to attack...and I'll be damned if two of my rexes run the other way (frakking pathing)....Elric charges in, I follow on Jezebel and it's on.  

Didn't take long, Elric goes down, followed by Jezebel...and I'm down before I hit the ground.  

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/Strykewolf/Ark%20Survival%20Evolved/2015-11-12_00016_zpswc24l1gi.jpg

Meanwhile Isabella and Daniella are waaaaayyy the F over there looking over a rock as the Giga falls off the cliff chasing my falling body.  

They were executed for Cowardice in the face of the Enemy.  

Took a bit of time to find it again:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/Strykewolf/Ark%20Survival%20Evolved/2015-11-12_00014_zpsuoqd3sca.jpg

Was only a L9.  Conjured up an ascendant AR (500%) - and it took 1400 rounds to put it down.    

View Quote

Lol you have lots of fun with them. Are you going to kill the captured one?
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#34]
This makes me giggle in glee.  

Someone say they needed air support?  

There's even room between them for a prone sniper.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

This makes me giggle in glee.  

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/Strykewolf/Ark%20Survival%20Evolved/2015-11-13_00001_zps9alnytdf.jpg

Someone say they needed air support?  

There's even room between them for a prone sniper.  
View Quote

Those look like Turbo Lasers.

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Lol, from what I have seen, they suck.

You have to be in them to work, so useless for afk base defense?
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lol, from what I have seen, they suck.

You have to be in them to work, so useless for afk base defense?
View Quote

Heh...takes a bit to get used to the sights on it; picked up yard and we lit up an alpha rex with both guns; went down fast.   Yeah, manned turret; fun though for flybys.  

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#38]
FYI: Patch 233.2 changes the Organic polymer stack to 10 and adds a 30 minute spoil time to organic polymer and which can not be refrigerated. This seems to be retroactive with any OP already harvested, so if you harvest now when the patch is applied the timer will start ticking.  

Upside, if you consume it, you'll die.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 2:03:57 AM EDT
[#39]
I think the server needs a reset.....THis is Yardgnome btw.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 4:37:30 AM EDT
[#40]
lvl 22 alpha rex by my base...

lead it to cliff in river..

400 odd arrows later from a 125% crossbow its dead

I need to tame some more rexs
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:08:29 AM EDT
[#41]
soo I put a temp regular behemoth gate in my metal gateway..... and its high enough off the ground to walk under.... That's an issure with alpha raptors
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Whoever returned Aimless to the main building at south base, thanks. Where the hell was he?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm still on my roadtrip and hotel wifi sucks too badly to log in. My guys still alive?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Whoever returned Aimless to the main building at south base, thanks. Where the hell was he?
View Quote

He was way south in the Ocean swimming around. All I caught was just a flash of name tag, almost ignored it but went to look anyways.

False
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some asshole took my anky too...
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one in the volcano? I wondered what happened to it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#47]
when was it up on the volcano? I have been up there a lot past couple days and nothing was in there, unless its the one up by the hut on the rim.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

when was it up on the volcano? I have been up there a lot past couple days and nothing was in there, unless its the one up by the hut on the rim.

View Quote

That would be Volcano Dweller which I tamed about a week ago.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Command line for the Godzilla replacement was missing a ) ...  should be fixed.  Destroyed two this morning, will look around for any others.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Server will be coming down in a few minutes for a transfer to new server center and SSD hard drive.  Still with the same folks, some of the issues have been, apparently, due to Ark and standard hardrives not liking each other.

(ETA) Server will be down for 2-4 hours, closer to 2 if no issues.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top