Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
PSA: I saw a lot of alphas running around during my quick flyover to survey the damage. BE CAREFUL!!!   Oh and Snakes!!

It's kind of a hit or miss. Some areas like Leah's base and the hunting lodge seem ok but Main got hit hard where the ground dropped 30 feet or so in some places leaving walls and buildings floating in the sky. I hope things can be cleaned up without a full biome nuke.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PSA: I saw a lot of alphas running around during my quick flyover to survey the damage. BE CAREFUL!!!   Oh and Snakes!!

It's kind of a hit or miss. Some areas like Leah's base and the hunting lodge seem ok but Main got hit hard where the ground dropped 30 feet or so in some places leaving walls and buildings floating in the sky. I hope things can be cleaned up without a full biome nuke.
View Quote

Great.

The command is, basically, a nuke for the biomes...and, apparently, will also affect bases nearby...so mine, Leah's, and eagles bases (off the top of my head) are likely to get nuked, as well.

When I can get in, will take a look.  Sounds like it may come down to which is faster...admin destroying f'd up structures one piece at a time, or admin creating building mats to replace the collateral damage.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Great.

The command is, basically, a nuke for the biomes...and, apparently, will also affect bases nearby...so mine, Leah's, and eagles bases (off the top of my head) are likely to get nuked, as well.

When I can get in, will take a look.  Sounds like it may come down to which is faster...admin destroying f'd up structures one piece at a time, or admin creating building mats to replace the collateral damage.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great.

so the motherfuckers not only completely lied... but then they shit it out during a fucking workdaywhile im lcomepltly helplss
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
So all of my shit is gone and dead right? Both of my bases?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did not use the destroy commands, have to do that manually.  Need to see what is what when I'm updated and can get in game.  Take a deep breath.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh no, the server went down while I was in Raptor-Sarcovill.

Edit: Ok made it back to South Base where I am going to crawl under my shack and cry because it's scary out by the hunting lodge now.

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Did not use the destroy commands, have to do that manually.  Need to see what is what when I'm updated and can get in game.  Take a deep breath.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok I took a deep breath. Now I can't stop coughing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Edit: Ok made it back to South Base where I am going to crawl under my shack and cry because it's scary out by the hunting lodge now.
View Quote

I need you to click teleport on one of the beds and see if the other beds in the areas affected show on the map...  Screenshot it and post, please, or send me the file.  No need to actually teleport...just see if they show and such.
 Belay that, Leah is in and her base is still there...

I sent in a support ticket to Blue Fang asking where/what file/how I would implement the commands...and I got a response of 'We took care of it for you'...instead of answering the question I was asking.  FFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I need you to click teleport on one of the beds and see if the other beds in the areas affected show on the map...  Screenshot it and post, please, or send me the file.  No need to actually teleport...just see if they show and such.

I sent in a support ticket to Blue Fang asking where/what file/how I would implement the commands...and I got a response of 'We took care of it for you'...instead of answering the question I was asking.  FFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, what?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Uh, what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, what?

Leah's in the air to check your base, and mine.  Hers is still there.  So we may have gotten lucky.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Pics Leah took:

Looks like we're alright.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok I logged in and flew around. So far Torch, Eagle, and Stryke's bases are fine. There are some trees and rocks and such scattered around, basically mine-able stuff that didn't respawn due to foundations has now respawned. I had a few dinos caught in rocks, I broke the rocks and now all is well.

Hopefully it will stay that way.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ok I logged in and flew around. So far Torch, Eagle, and Stryke's bases are fine. There are some trees and rocks and such scattered around, basically mine-able stuff that didn't respawn due to foundations has now respawned. I had a few dinos caught in rocks, I broke the rocks and now all is well.

Hopefully it will stay that way.
View Quote

<3

Are those trees??
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Torch wanted to be in the snow...
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#15]
There is a server command to wipe all structures one time in the biomes.  Ive got a person who got totally hosed on my server lol.

Lovin' the new biomes tho, devs hit it out of the park!

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, Main Base recon flight

Something got leveled...

My shack seems ok

Looking from my hut down to main

Lagoon... this was the ship in the lagoon..

Maki's place looks much better now
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I haven't been paying attention to this game but it seems to be super popular. I take it it blows Rust and all of the other PVP base building/survival games out of the water? Rust had so much potential and the developer squandered it all.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I haven't been paying attention to this game but it seems to be super popular. I take it it blows Rust and all of the other PVP base building/survival games out of the water? Rust had so much potential and the developer squandered it all.
View Quote

If you like dinosaurs, and you like base building survival games, you'll like this.  Our realm (Stryke's server) is almost (if not all) arfcommers and the guys that have been on for a while definitely help out and make it worthwhile IMO.  Stryke and another unnamed member (I won't throw eagle's name out there) got me underway and now my character is Lvl 71 and I actually enjoy getting out and helping out the newer guys/gals.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

There is so much to ARK that PVP is a huge waste of time as assholes will always be assholes, your base will be destroyed when you log out, and the leveling system makes combat hugely unbalanced.  Unlike other "survival" games where environmental hazards are just an annoyance and the only real threat is other players,  ARK's environment will kill you, eat you then shit you all over the beach, in that order IF you are lucky.

It's not just the big critters like T-Rexs you need to worry about too, small things like ants and dragonflys, and fish will murder you just as easy if you are not prepared. On top of that the weather can kill you just as easy if you do not take proper precautions.  Freezing to death is a real thing and depending on what kind of clothes you are wearing, how cold it is, and how much health you have, you could die in as little as 3 minutes.

CO-OP on a private server with cool admins is really the only way to enjoy this game. Avoid the official servers even the PVE ones.

Edit: The game is still on sale for $19.99 at Humble Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/ark_survivalevolved_storefront

By the way, I got more than my $30 worth out of the game.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There is so much to ARK that PVP is a huge waste of time as assholes will always be assholes, your base will be destroyed when you log out, and the leveling system makes combat hugely unbalanced.  Unlike other "survival" games where environmental hazards are just an annoyance and the only real threat is other players,  ARK's environment will kill you, eat you then shit you all over the beach, in that order IF you are lucky.

It's not just the big critters like T-Rexs you need to worry about too, small things like ants and dragonflys, and fish will murder you just as easy if you are not prepared. On top of that the weather can kill you just as easy if you do not take proper precautions.  Freezing to death is a real thing and depending on what kind of clothes you are wearing, how cold it is, and how much health you have, you could die in as little as 3 minutes.

CO-OP on a private server with cool admins is really the only way to enjoy this game. Avoid the official servers even the PVE ones.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For $20 I might check it out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For $20 I might check it out.

View Quote

It can be fairly fun...and amusingly frustrating at times.  We used to have folks pop into the east shore 1, or 2 area but, with the changes this last weekend with the added swamp and snow biomes that area has become rather 'noob-unfriendly'; am thinking south 1 or 2 would be better for now (South Base is nearby, fairly well established) until we get the main base area scouted and cleaned up, and maybe some stuff rebuilt; will be clearing some of the broken structures out, and getting rid of abandoned critters, over the next couple days.  We chose not to use the destroy commands for the biomes and wanted to see what things were affected.  Turned out alright for us.  Some minor rebuilding and land clearing is all...except for main base.  That area, with the swamp added and the ground being dropped, completely fubared things.

We are basic PVE, everyone is in the same tribe; play nice for the most part.  Critters will kill you enough as it is.  Right now, wild max level is 67-ish...we bumped it from 37-ish just before this big change in things.  Everything else is, basically, the same.  When we hit open beta/release...I figure on wiping the server and changing a couple things, and then letting it sit.  Plenty of time for folks to discuss it between now and then.  We, generally, have 3-10 folks on, depending on time and such.  Arfcommers and family/friends welcome.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Hunting Lodge survived very nicely.

My base up in BR did well, as well, now I can continue to work on it:

And, went up to the mine base, it was good to go, so went ahead and expanded it a bit.

Left the backside of it open to be able to park critters on solid ground.  Did set a generator down, now just need to make wiring and such.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought it and signed into the Arfcom server this morning and died a dew times while getting my settings right and my bearings.

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I bought it and signed into the Arfcom server this morning and died a dew times while getting my settings right and my bearings.

View Quote

You will die a lot in the beginning. Once you get up to about level 20ish you won't die as much. It only gets easier as you go.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, was scouting changes to the land route between BR and the Ob Mine, so I could get the anklyo up there with minimal fuss...

Looked interesting:

So I cleaned the clutter up...

Couldn't let things stay like that, poor bastard.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone having similar spawn issues?  I have reported this on the Steam Community forums bug section as its happened more than once.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Did the server die or something?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Did the server die or something?
View Quote

Server crashed.  Bringing it up now, need to check some things when it's back up.

Server is up and am in.  Seems alright but, checking the ini files show both to now be blank.  Will need to fix that, I think.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Gotta bring the server down for a quicky
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Server coming back up.  We should be good to go.  We'll know in a short.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone having similar spawn issues?  I have reported this on the Steam Community forums bug section as its happened more than once.

https://youtu.be/YUoglVF6mSk

View Quote

I haven't had the issue, though I have seen threads on it happening to other folks, and similar stuff.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#34]
fuck yah i finally got a gtx970 so now i can play this shit on medium settings at decent framerates.

btw im "aFlea"
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Yeah stryke screenies look like he's playing the play doh version
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
fuck yah i finally got a gtx970 so now i can play this shit on medium settings at decent framerates.

btw im "aFlea"
View Quote

You SHOULD be able to do better than Medium.  I'm running a 2 gig GTX960 and getting pretty good settings.

Also, if you need help when we're on, let us know, lol.  I was seein your name pop a LOT getting killed, lmao.  Seems like that megalodon was tearing your butt up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#37]
I need to get a better gaming rig or just wait for this to come out for the XBone soon because it seems awesome..
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah...textures/resolution, for me, will change randomly...used to it so I rarely notice anymore.  Comp is heading on 4 years old now, and has been gamed pretty hard.  Probably getting tired.  That said, this is the only game that I have to play with a low/med/high mix of settings with nearly everything turned off or, minimized, setting-wise.  Someday they might optimize it.  

On a side note:

Server updating to 217; should be back up shortly.

Current Version: v217.0
* Hornless female Megaloceros added (25% faster but no attacks since no horns)
* Inventory Quality of Life: You can now sort inventory lists by various methods, and also text-search them dynamically.
* Craftable Consumable Bug Repellent. Yes!
* Poison Gas Grenade *cough cough cough*
* Primitive Club (great for conking people on the head and knocking them out, regardless of armor)
* Overstocked Snow Metal Rocks now yield Metal Ore at the same approximate rate as "Rich Mountain" Metal Rocks
* Trophy System (including the SotF Trophies!!!)
* Foliage fillrate performance optimization
* About +25%-30% server CPU performance gain due to Spatial Octree optimization
* You can now double-click an Engram to Learn It
* Engram Window automatically opens after applying all available Level Ups (will make it an option)
* Radios no longer take over Tribe Chat. Tribe Chat always functions as normal on its own "Channel".
* Inventory Slot counter
* Jerky crafting time reduced by 33%
* Fixed aquatic creatures following targets across water zones
* Fixed pop-in of underwater rock/canyon meshes
* Server VAC enabled! Auto Banhammmmerrr Go!
* Furniture and Gravestones are now dye-able
* Fixed snow-cave blockage, and ice mini cave o' doom killin' dinos/teleportin
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#39]
About +25%-30% server CPU performance gain due to Spatial Octree optimization

This better be true and something I can see.

Jerky crafting time reduced by 33%

Excellent.

Fixed aquatic creatures following targets across water zones

That would have been handy that day I tried to get two itchys to follow my spino. I don't even know where those itchys are anymore.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Server coming back up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#41]
I dropped another 2 A/C units in the 1 storage box at the mining camp so there are 4 units ready to be placed. There is also curry in the fridge. Being outside with fur armor in 8F weather I was only cold instead of freezing so it does help.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

btw im "aFlea"
View Quote

I was able to run a 970 on epic except i turned sky and foliage to 0 along with moving down resolution, but I am have a 1440p monitor.  Have you played with that at all?

Even with a 980ti, and everything maxxed I am at 30fps which can drop to 20 at worst, but I'm ok with that right now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I was able to run a 970 on epic except i turned sky and foliage to 0 along with moving down resolution, but I am have a 1440p monitor.  Have you played with that at all?

Even with a 980ti, and everything maxxed I am at 30fps which can drop to 20 at worst, but I'm ok with that right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

btw im "aFlea"

i was just kidding

was doing pretty good so far with everything on high and textures on max. not sure of the frame rate but good enough for me not to care. only stuttering was maybe area loads and glitch/lag to server.

edit: checked the fps im  getting and im right at the 45-55fps range.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Species X turrets seem to do a good job at keeping undesirables away. In my experiments so far an irrigation system isn't even needed for the large plant plots, just fill it to full water capacity with a canteen then rainfall will be enough going forward.  They will shot at anything in range that's not friendly. Keep this in mind if you're trying to lure a wild critter you're trying to tame or if you have a fish farm near by.
BTW  217.2 reduces the seed drop rate back to pre-biome update levels, so gather now before the server gets updated.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Species X turrets seem to do a good job at keeping undesirables away. In my experiments so far an irrigation system isn't even needed for the large plant plots, just fill it to full water capacity with a canteen then rainfall will be enough going forward.  They will shot at anything in range that's not friendly. Keep this in mind if you're trying to lure a wild critter you're trying to tame or if you have a fish farm near by.

BTW  217.2 reduces the seed drop rate back to pre-biome update levels, so gather now before the server gets updated.
View Quote

Heh, will hold off server update for the weekend then, unless something pops that stops folks from seeing the server.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm camped out in Stryke's little cabin at Leah's base till tonight.  Was helping Flea tame a few critters last night and didn't realize what time it got to be. Considering my alarm goes off at 0430, 10 was late enough.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm camped out in Stryke's little cabin at Leah's base till tonight.  Was helping Flea tame a few critters last night and didn't realize what time it got to be. Considering my alarm goes off at 0430, 10 was late enough.
View Quote

Mi casa su casa.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Mi casa su casa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mi casa su casa.

Many thanks I thought you wouldn't mind a Rex on guard duty at the East Gate
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Alrighty.

So, recently I bumped dino levels...so max now clocks in at 67...on the wild side.  Let that stay for about a week while looking at stuff.  Server crashed the other day.  So, I took the opportunity to adjust the taming to 1.5 from 1.0.  Mostly to try and balance the taming times a bit versus high/low end.  Can't think of anyone that wants to sit on the server for 8-9 hours to tame a high end.  It still takes quite a bit of time if you do not have kibble.

We'll see how it shakes out over the next couple of weeks.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#50]
nvm
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top