Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2015 8:57:49 AM EDT
I'm not a rabid gamer....even though I always have a console system to goof around on from time to time. As such, my game library is typically very limited to a few really good games rather than a whole bunch of "meh" games. I also have a strong preference for single player games. Playing with groups of randoms online just gets annoying so multiplayer/online options are entirely meaningless to me. So much so, I didn't renew my Xbox Gold account some time ago, because once you remove multiplayer online interest, a gold membership is nearly pointless.

Probably one of the best games I've ever played was Skyrim. Really loved the quests, the open world, the flexibility allowed, the customization and a great storyline. Super fun game....and one of the very few I'd say that about. It was a single player masterpiece.

Since my gaming preferences are pretty limited, I've been eagerly awaiting the Xbox One sequel to Skyrim. Enter Elder Scrolls Online.

Looks like ESO is exclusively devoted to online/group game play. This is a real shame. Probably the one game I've anticipated above anything else.....and now if I want to give it a whirl, I'm forced to share this experience with every random retard online. I'm pretty sure my dislike for the juvenile online gang bang will outweigh my interest in the latest in this franchise.

What a shame. Wish Bethesda was still running the show, because passing the torch this way has sucked the appeal out of this formerly awesome game.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
MMORPG - massive multiplayer online role playing game

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
ESO is NOT a sequel to Skyrim, and it was never intended to be.

Also, how could you not realize that Elder Scrolls ONLINE was supposed to be a multi-player game?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What a shame. Wish Bethesda was still running the show, because passing the torch this way has sucked the appeal out of this formerly awesome game.

View Quote

Bethesda studios IS still running the main Elder Scrolls show; they haven't passed the torch on the main games.  ESO wasn't made by them, and it's not a sequel to Skyrim.  ESO is a totally separate studio doing this as basically a side project.  Someday there will be a proper Skyrim sequel, but ESO was never intended to be it.

Don't take this the wrong way, but ESO has been out on PC for nearly a year, and has been known to be kinda shit for a long time.  There are a ton of reviews on the game in the wild.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ESO is NOT a sequel to Skyrim, and it was never intended to be.
Also, how could you not realize that Elder Scrolls ONLINE was supposed to be a multi-player game?
View Quote

I didn't look in to it until recently. Didn't even know what it was called until yesterday....which is when I learned it was this big, public, PLAY AS A TEAM WITH COUNTLESS 12 YEAR OLDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY model.

And its actually sort of a prequel to the whole Dragonborn part of Skyrim....whatever.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bethesda studios IS still running the main Elder Scrolls show; they haven't passed the torch on the main games.  ESO wasn't made by them, and it's not a sequel to Skyrim.  ESO is a totally separate studio doing this as basically a side project.  Someday there will be a proper Skyrim sequel, but ESO was never intended to be it.

Don't take this the wrong way, but ESO has been out on PC for nearly a year, and has been known to be kinda shit for a long time.  There are a ton of reviews on the game in the wild.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't kidding when I stated I wasn't an avid gamer.....so this old news was actually new to me.

Hopefully a good Skyrim sequel is coming at some point.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wasn't kidding when I stated I wasn't an avid gamer.....so this old news was actually new to me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's fair, and sorry if I came across as harsh.  

There will be another proper elder scrolls game, but it's unlikely that it will be out anytime soon.  The same studio does Fallout and TES games, and currently they are working on FO4.  Fallout 4 will be coming first, and that hasn't even been announced yet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't pre order anything. Wait until game is released. Read reviews from people who aren't being paid to write reviews. Watch streams from people playing it. This is how you avoid spending money on games you won't like.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not a rabid gamer....even though I always have a console system to goof around on from time to time. As such, my game library is typically very limited to a few really good games rather than a whole bunch of "meh" games. I also have a strong preference for single player games. Playing with groups of randoms online just gets annoying so multiplayer/online options are entirely meaningless to me. So much so, I didn't renew my Xbox Gold account some time ago, because once you remove multiplayer online interest, a gold membership is nearly pointless.

Probably one of the best games I've ever played was Skyrim. Really loved the quests, the open world, the flexibility allowed, the customization and a great storyline. Super fun game....and one of the very few I'd say that about. It was a single player masterpiece.

Since my gaming preferences are pretty limited, I've been eagerly awaiting the Xbox One sequel to Skyrim. Enter Elder Scrolls Online.

Looks like ESO is exclusively devoted to online/group game play. This is a real shame. Probably the one game I've anticipated above anything else.....and now if I want to give it a whirl, I'm forced to share this experience with every random retard online. I'm pretty sure my dislike for the juvenile online gang bang will outweigh my interest in the latest in this franchise.

View Quote

uh..

it is shit.

watch Angry Joe review of it
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I really don't know what you expected after reading the title of the game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top