Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 36
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I know what ya mean I did get sick of playing for awhile but when theres other playing together it can be fun.

I only snip on certin maps and I use the other classes for the rest.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That makes sense.  I'd like to see you get a 500 yard kill on Locker.......  
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That'd be a challenge
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I played a little bit yesterday but was out of practice and got my butt handed to me on locker.  I tried using the AK5C the whole time and while it's a good gun for some things, I may need to rethink that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Right I try different combinations to find what works and sometimes when I get one i like I'll use it the next time I play and it doesn't work great
so I won't be playing for a couple days... hit my forehead and close to my left eye on the corner of a push out window almost got stiches but thankfully not bad enough to but did get some glue stuff on it and boy did that burn for a few seconds..
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Duuuude, that sounds painful.....  That's what you get for putting on music and dancing like a teenager...  Just kidding.   I'll be praying you heal up quick.  Was this at your own home or must've been somewhere that you didn't know the layout???
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Haha...  Thank you.

Funny you say that cause I do wear ear buds while i work. They work almost as good as earplugs.

Nah it was at work and I've been at this building for 2 years now (8yrs total with company) just one of those days I look away for a sec and BAM. The tetanus shot hurts more today then my cut.  its not the first time that window has claimed a victim but we keep it open cause it gets really hot inside . Just 2 days before a guy hit the top of his head on it.

Soooo now I have zip tied it shut.. I'll deal with the heat!

Edt: didn't know the shot would make me feel like crap yay.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Fricking window.  That stinks that it's too hot AND is a hazard to keep open.  

I wonder if the tetunis shot it fighting off bacteria and why it's making you feel lousy.  I never had one, so I have no clue.  You may want to tell your Doctor if you haven't already and see if it's normal..
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#9]
That was a quick trip of feeling horrible I feel like it never hit me today.

Yea the minor side effects are fever, achy muscles and joints, nausea, general Ill feelings.

I go back Monday so I'll let him know and to get it checked.

Bf4 double xp weekend!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Just beat my Longshot of 754 to 846
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just beat my Longshot of 754 to 846
View Quote

Oh my LAWD!!!  I didn't see you use the sniper rifle once when we were playing.  It looked like we both were engineers a lot.  Did you see that one shot I hit that dude right out of the jeep thingy with an RPG.  My son said my RPG killed the guy and unassed him from the jeep.  And the jeep kept rolling by itself.   LOL.   It was on Golmud Railway or whatever the heck the name of that one is.  I was using the recon guy a little bit with the Mk11 though too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Just once to shoot the guys on thre rock when we were stuck in the big building on goldmund  railway.  Yea the rpg is great when it hits lol..

The next map was operation locker when you left then I sniped the next 3 maps after

Railway is my engineer map cause of all the vehicles

My goal is 1000 yards
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I wish I would've played with you all those maps.  That would've been fun.  I had other stuff to get done though.  Boooooo.

1k yards FTW!!!!  Go for it.  Yeah, when we were stuck in that big building on Golmud, I didn't know who was getting us.  It would be so much funner if I had a headset too.  LOL.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#14]
It's ok home life is more important then a game

Have you tried night ops yet?

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Do they ever go into a night ops game when you're playing online?  I only played about 4 matches since I did the update.  So no, I didn't purposely play any night ops games.  I only have a flashlight for my pistol.  I have a couple of lasers for a couple of guns.  Oh, I take it back, I think I have a flashlight for the Beretta carbine.  The first PDW you get.  I might have to try it.  I have NV for my shotgun too though.....  Hmmmmm....
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Haven't yet I've just gone to just a night map and played it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Fairly new to the multi-player experince for the game, had a few quick questions I was hoping you all might be able to help out with. Conquest is the game of choice.

1.)  Seems I'm selected as a squad leader almost everytime I play, is there a way to renounce leadership?  Would rather give up the rank and not piss off any "team mates" since I haven't figured out the command menu yet nor do I have a headset and mic.  

2.) clans/platoons?  Received an invite to one my first day playing, didn't accept since I was still figuring things out.  Now that I have some experience under the belt, belonging to one sounds a little more fun if I am playing with people who are interested in some tactics and not just "team deathmatch".  Without having a headset and mic is this possible or am I just better off continuing to drop onto random servers and hope I either find a good match and teamwork or worry about getting the boot for some silly reason.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:*
View Quote

#1 not that I know of. I wouldn't worry about it too much the ones that care for team tactics usually have a full squad I hardly use the command menu and forget its there half the time haha.

Conquest is pretty much all I play. I like it the most.. really don't need a headset I mean it does help when ya play with a squad.

#2 I have a platoon but we're not into the comptition of the game, more for fun and to have the platoon badge on everything  

The mic is very helpful for tactical play. I have yet to find a squad that really plays with any tactics it's usually a free for all. The only time I've used any is when I've played with people I know.

Haha don't worry about getting kicked... you can ask jjrea about how much I get kicked or go back a few posts and read them  its usually just someone that can't handle losing.

I hope this helps.. my 360 tag is drok556  hit me up if ya want to play sometime.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I've been in a few matches where with no real communication the whole team would "magically" work together.  groups of two or three guys would all attack/defend the same objective; two clearing rooms with the third providing overwatch and or clean-up.  

I've also played more than a few matches where it seems everyone wants to be the sniper so no objectives are ever truly held for any duration.  

I'm still trying to figure out this insulting my "corpse" with t-bagging me.  Nice to know I got under your skin enough that you feel it important to try and insult me by wasting time humping a body that dissapears.  Insulting is taking my weapon and then killing me with it after I respawn.

Thought the headset and mic would be really nice to help call in mortar strikes if anyone had them available.

Will keep an eye out for you or eventually send an invite; my xbox id is jbaccord30.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah that's my experience as well.  As far as playing with other dudes.  Sometimes you see some guys working together and other times your about the only one rushing the flags.  It's all good.  Just play your game.  I don't have a mic yet but I think it would probably be really cool when I do play with others.  It would bring another level of teamwork that would make it really fun.  

Don't worry about teabagging.  I just laugh.  If anything it's taking them out of the fight because they're dumb enough to waste time.  What's funny is when they get killed by another team member while they're teabagging.  I think there is a video on youtube like that and it had something to do with his own rocket killing him or something.  My son watches these videos sometimes and tells me about them.  

My gamer tag: abinmyveins
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Yea some people tbag  it's just dumb but I usually hunt them down and kill them the rest of the game haha. I've pissed people off so bad when I snip I usually get kicked from a server

Right on about the taking of the weapon that would bug me also the dog tag kill (I like doing that it's the ultimate payback)

I've tried the mortars once didn't really work to well with out a spotter did get one kill though.

I like sniping but only on certin maps I hunt the other snipers

For everyone that doesn't have a headset.

I highly recommend these headsets they're comfortable, sound great. I've had 3 different turtlebeach ones and have hated them all.. plus 2 out of 3 broke. The other one ate batteries like crazy. None of them were comfortable.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Knife kills are nice especially when you counter a knife attack, have only accomplished it once.  However that said, the knife "action" is my biggest problem when I die.  I run across an enemy, raise the rifle and begin firing, now start moving in a direction while continuing to fire, (knife action occurs); I die with them having virtually no health left; super frustrating with only myself to blame!

Currrently trying to get my M16 and then all its attachments.  Usually run around as an Engineer with a DMR unless its Operation Locker, LMG time, haven't worked with scatter guns yet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh my yes, jjrea and I both have had our share of the knife button issue

I use lots of different guns all depends how I feel and what map I'm on.  The shotgun is pretty much a one shot kill if close enough and I've used them on locker a few times just for the cqc kills in the short hall ways and on top of the buildings near the elevators
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Ronin1, did you hit me up to friend last night?  I don't know your gamertag and someone tried to friend me.  I didn't accept yet because I wanted to be sure it was you.

Drok, I'm LOLing about you hunting down your teabagger.  How do you do that?  I can barely ever see the peoples names and never pay attention to them.  Unless I'm playing with people.  But even that day I was playing with you I couldn't read if it was you unless I was standing right next to you......
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#25]
They don't show the name for the other team but I run around till I catch a guy tbagging other people and do it that way.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#26]
So i'ts usually just one guy?  LOL.  Probably so.  I don't see it happen very often.

Ronin, I forgot to say, I switched my controller to go prone when pushing down on the stick.  I still do it sometimes on accident when the action is close or I get surprised.  It's annoying.  I wish I could train myself better to not do it.  But going prone is better than the knife.  But not much.  Either way it stops you from firing.  At least going prone saves your bacon sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Not always one guy. It doesn't happen as often lately.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I just played a few games.  FUn fun.  No real long sniping for me.  I just unlocked the drugunov and a suppressor for my M9.  I like.  

My son is playing now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Haha nice. Looks like ya going to need another xbox jk.  I played sat night. Didn't do the greatest but it's still fun. Tried to unlock stuff for the scar and ebr or whatever it is open sites are hard to use after so much rds use. Haha

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Drok556- thanks for budding up with me that one round or two.  Lesson learned; just because the m16 can be used like the Mod 10 doesn't mean it puts them down as effectively.  Was on a roll at the start of the following round and then lost my connection.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Drok556- thanks for budding up with me that one round or two.  Lesson learned; just because the m16 can be used like the Mod 10 doesn't mean it puts them down as effectively.  Was on a roll at the start of the following round and then lost my connection.
View Quote

No prob. I wasn't on my top gaming that night I'm still getting over an injury.

Right. I haven't found a good all around rifle yet.  Seems like if I can put more rounds down range the weaker the gun  I don't know if they go by round ballistic or just keeping the game more equal..  

I hate losing connection when I'm doing good but I think you keep all the points you got to where you were dropped
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Rifles effectiveness is definitely not realistic.  Well I think it's not.  I've been using the UMP as my Engineer and that one works pretty well.  It only takes 4 shots at close range.  Most carbines take 5.   That's just dumb.  

And then of course somehow a .308 bolt gun is almost twice as effective as a .308 DMR.    But then that's how they even those guns out I  guess.  

I'm not real keen on the RDS in this game.  Most of them are hard to see.  I went back to the irons on the UMP, but I think the eotech works pretty good because of the larger circle.  The reflex just sucks.  You can't barely ever see the dot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I knew the assault rifle in .556 would take another round maybe two compared to the .308; was not expecting twice as many hits.  Had hoped to use the "burst" mode of the assault rifle to help even the fight out in close quarters with "full auto" and for really long shots in the hopes of scoring a double hit quickly, followed up by single, precision work.  Rifles had roughly the exact same accesories, ACOG, canted irons, compesator, forward grip/angled grip.  Haven't done any real work with the PDW gun class yet but am only interested in the UMP.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I think the shotgun has the closest realistic value. 1-2 shot kill close range and is trash at distance.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think the shotgun has the closest realistic value. 1-2 shot kill close range and is trash at distance.

View Quote

Not so sure about that. I have gone down from a shotgun between 50-100 yards.  Didn't get to see if they had been using slugs, if they weren't then I want whatever choke they were using.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not so sure about that. I have gone down from a shotgun between 50-100 yards.  Didn't get to see if they had been using slugs, if they weren't then I want whatever choke they were using.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really ?? That's crazy. Haven't seen that happen yet well then I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#37]
I think when it updated, the shotguns got a revamp.  I'm always getting killed with one and sometimes it does seem further away than maybe realistic.  But who knows.  I should try them some more. I can never seem to do well with them.

I'll tell you what, I played some with the UMP yesterday and I love that thing.  I just have the irons a laser and a suppressor on it and I can shoot it pretty fast on semi.  In fact when I go semi on all my guns I don't push down on the stick as much.   For some reason when I'm shooting full auto my thumb wants to press down harder.  LOL.   But I was getting some pretty sweet kills with it yesterday.  I'm not that great so every kill counts.  

I had this point blank with my pistol too.  It was awesome, the guy was right on top of me.  I think he was gonna try and knife me or something.  I love getting kills with the pistol.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I got to start using the sub guns more.

Yea the shotguns can be a good or not good item for me sometimes.

The pistols are fun I mainly use the 45 compact. Just need a few more kills with it for the ghost rings.

On the map with the big satellite dish I had a crazy knife kill. There was a guy laying down in a blown up building so I charged in at him I really thought he saw me or at least heard me running at him but nope I guess he wasn't paying attention haha.

I hear ya I try to get as a many kills I can vs deaths but man some matches are more deaths then kills.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I noticed one thing.  My son was playing this weekend but he doesn't like conquest because there's less action in gunfights and more vehicles and all that.  Well, he was playing domination and TDM.  I swear the graphics are a little better.  I think when the map isn't as big and it doesn't have as much information being used up, the graphics go up on the smaller maps.  Unless my eyes are just crazy.  

As far as subguns, I actually used the Beretta Storm a lot, the first one you get, and I liked it quite a bit.  But the UMP has a faster reload time and kills quicker.  It does have a bit more recoil.  But I think the suppressor helps with that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Better graphics... no kidding lll have to check that out. I really should play the other modes I'd probably get some more points vs staying in conquest haha.

I'll have to see what subs I have and start using them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I know, I only play conquest too.  But I like all the vehicles and all that.  I don't know if it was my eyes about the graphics or not, but it seemed that way.

One thing I wanted to say too was I was on Golmud Railway last time I played and I had a good spot on top of a roof on the A flag, and I was shooting across to somewhere around the B flag.  And I couldn't hit crap with the Mk11.  LOL.  It works really well at medium range but I looked at the accuracy on them and it's like waaaaaaay down.   I know it was partly me too because the dudes were all moving but I couldn't get a hit to save my life.  LOL......  Shoulda had the M40.  Sniping is hard at running targets though.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Had my best kill streak and total kills last night playing on "Lost Transmission", using the Springfield M1A, 27/19.  Had to quit after that round and end on a good note!

So what objectives do you tend to frequent the most on the various maps?

Lost Transmission- Objectives Alpha, Charlie and Delta

Railway- Alpha - Charlie, Delta is a waste of time and Echo is either forgotten about or tank central

Russian Armory - Alpha, or around it

Operation Locker - Alpha and Charlie, you all can fight over Bravo

Shanghai - Alpha or Charlie again, will use Bravo as jump pad for other two when I can.

Resort - Alpha, while pissing off snipers on the roof of Bravo

Island hopping/hurricane - I lean toward Delta and Charlie but will head to Bravo if its slim pickings
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I know, I only play conquest too.  But I like all the vehicles and all that.  I don't know if it was my eyes about the graphics or not, but it seemed that way.

One thing I wanted to say too was I was on Golmud Railway last time I played and I had a good spot on top of a roof on the A flag, and I was shooting across to somewhere around the B flag.  And I couldn't hit crap with the Mk11.  LOL.  It works really well at medium range but I looked at the accuracy on them and it's like waaaaaaay down.   I know it was partly me too because the dudes were all moving but I couldn't get a hit to save my life.  LOL......  Shoulda had the M40.  Sniping is hard at running targets though.  
View Quote

Just gotta lead them..  easier said then done on the game at least. I hate how people will move out of the way when sniper vs sniper.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Had my best kill streak and total kills last night playing on "Lost Transmission", using the Springfield M1A, 27/19.  Had to quit after that round and end on a good note!

So what objectives do you tend to frequent the most on the various maps?

Lost Transmission- Objectives Alpha, Charlie and Delta

Railway- Alpha - Charlie, Delta is a waste of time and Echo is either forgotten about or tank central

Russian Armory - Alpha, or around it

Operation Locker - Alpha and Charlie, you all can fight over Bravo

Shanghai - Alpha or Charlie again, will use Bravo as jump pad for other two when I can.

Resort - Alpha, while pissing off snipers on the roof of Bravo

Island hopping/hurricane - I lean toward Delta and Charlie but will head to Bravo if its slim pickings
View Quote

Nice 27 kills. Usually when I have a good match the next one is horrible

I'm either all over the place or sniping  but on locker I tend to just find the action and go spraying bullets in the hallway fights haha.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#45]
I think the highest I ever got was 16 kills on locker.  Wow, 27?

What do you mean by moving out of the way for sniper on sniper?????
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#46]
when its a sniper battle you can see the shot coming and move to the side to not get hit.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#47]
You can see it?????    Never experienced that yet.

My son was playing TDM last night and using the SCAR a lot and man was he doing good with it.  Plus somehow he's got the best red dot and I don't have one for any of my guns.  I think it's called the coyote but it has a vertical line in the bottom and two horizontal lines, left and right.  That thing works really well.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Yea it can be seen at a distance..

Nice. Kids play these NEW games better then we can

I have that rds forgot what rfile it's on
I'll probably be on tonight...
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#49]
I was playin last night.  I had a super fun sniper game on flood zone.  A bunch of guys were peeking over the top of one of the buildings and I had a good spot and was just picking them off.  I think I got about 5 kills that way and two were headshots.  It was fun.  I was using the M40.   Then one guy tried to flank me and I smoked him with my M9 at point blank range.  It was so much fun.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Haha nice. That's how I get them. I fell asleep early last night so I didn't get to play
Page / 36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top