Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 5:35:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You chose wisely. Yen is bitchy, bossy, arrogant, pedant, disapproving, lewd, and everything that I hate about how women are portrayed on film these days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Triss for me, since she was in TW1 and the main squeeze TW2.  Yennefer seems to be a good character, but hamstrung IMO by the fact that this is the only game where she actually appears (only gets some mentions in previous games), and much of the relationship relies on backstory that the player never saw.  Meanwhile, you spent the whole first and second games getting to know Triss, if you played them.  

My guess is that people who have played the first or second games will generally be biased toward Triss, while people who haven't played any other titles in the series will be biased toward Yennefer, since she shows up first and has stronger implied bonds to Geralt.

I have heard that romancing both does lead to a poor outcome at the end of the game.

You chose wisely. Yen is bitchy, bossy, arrogant, pedant, disapproving, lewd, and everything that I hate about how women are portrayed on film these days.

Hey now, what is wrong with a hot raven haired woman being lewd?!?!?  
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I found a way the game rewarded me for going up the right mountain by downwarren
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Angry Joe did his review of Witcher3.

Skip to 35 minutes into it...

Trust me
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Trust me
View Quote

This video? [NSFW intro]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6QoEUqadW4
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This damn place. Now I'm hooked on another game, downloaded it yesterday morning on my peasant PS4 and played all damn day. Pretty sweet so far.
View Quote

It's easily  my game of the year so far.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Triss for me, since she was in TW1 and the main squeeze TW2.  Yennefer seems to be a good character, but hamstrung IMO by the fact that this is the only game where she actually appears (only gets some mentions in previous games), and much of the relationship relies on backstory that the player never saw.  Meanwhile, you spent the whole first and second games getting to know Triss, if you played them.  

My guess is that people who have played the first or second games will generally be biased toward Triss, while people who haven't played any other titles in the series will be biased toward Yennefer, since she shows up first and has stronger implied bonds to Geralt.

I have heard that romancing both does lead to a poor outcome at the end of the game.

Yeah, after dealing with her more I agree. She's a real bitch.  I stayed faithful to Triss in Witcher  2, and Yennefer's personality makes it pretty easy to stay with Triss in 3.

Also, my bro Vernon Roche from the second game remains the biggest bad ass in the game, which is great to see.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:24:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Just beat it.  Fantastic game.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

How many hours did you put in?

I've got 70+ and I haven't even finished act 1.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:38:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This video? [NSFW intro]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust me

This video? [NSFW intro]

Sorry.

26:20

Looked at wrong side of the screen to get the time of clip.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:57:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sorry.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust me

This video? [NSFW intro]

Sorry.

haha.  Agree.  Probably the most annoying thing about the game.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure.  I'm not going to hang it up yet, since the world is still open.  I'll mow through some of the quests I missed like a level 34 death tornado
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 5:20:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This damn place. Now I'm hooked on another game, downloaded it yesterday morning on my peasant PS4 and played all damn day. Pretty sweet so far.

Yeah, I already have 14 hours on the game and have only had it two days. I'm still dicking around in the first region. I foresee hundreds of hours being spent on this game.

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#14]
This is definitely one of the best games I have ever played.  

Yennifer's stuffed unicorn.    The writers have an awesome sense of humor.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#15]
The latest controversy in video games "journalism" is that the game is racist because it doesn't contain "PoCs" (persons of color™).

Never mind the fact that it is based on middle ages Polish and Slavic history and mythology.  

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The latest controversy in video games "journalism" is that the game is racist because it doesn't contain "PoCs" (persons of color™).

Never mind the fact that it is based on middle ages Polish and Slavic history and mythology.  

http://i42.tinypic.com/2a9rxo6.jpg
View Quote

Notice how all those articles come out really close to each other. Obviously Gamergate wasn't on to anything.

There are a lot of gay characters but that doesn't count because they're white. Fuckin' SJWs, there's no pleasing them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Notice how all those articles come out really close to each other. Obviously Gamergate wasn't on to anything.

There are a lot of gay characters but that doesn't count because they're white. Fuckin' SJWs, there's no pleasing them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2a9rxo6.jpg

And the elves, dwarves, magic users, and other oppressed minorities.  But they are white, so RACISM.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Platform?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I'm a level 22 and am stuck on a bug that causes you to get stuck on the black loading screen. Apparently there are lots of people with this same problem and CD Project Red is releasing another patch any day for this. Luckily I recovered my save before I got stuck and was able to leave that quest for now and continue with side quests and exploring...,however I can't complete any more main quests until this bug is patched.

FML.

At least I can explore and stuff tho...the story is gripping tho and I'm dying to keep going.

Remember to alternate save slots!!!! Encase you get suck you can jump back to you other save slot and continue without losing much gameplay...assuming you manually save often.

Platform?

PS4. But it's happening on xbone also.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:59:28 PM EDT
[#19]
So I found a note on a Cthulhu worshiper on Kaer Almhult island, is there a monster to fight or anything relating to it? The only quest item I found there is a guarded treasure and a bear school upgrade.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:39:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Has anyone else found notes referencing Odrin scattered throughout Velen? He's quite the whoreson.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Has anyone else found notes referencing Odrin scattered throughout Velen? He's quite the whoreson.
View Quote

Odrin has taken over as the main stud. It's the only explanation why Geralt isn't getting even a tenth of the action he got in Witcher 1.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Odrin has taken over as the main stud. It's the only explanation why Geralt isn't getting even a tenth of the action he got in Witcher 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Sex cards.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

LOL. Sex cards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Sex cards.

Not sure what you guys are bitching about, Grealt has hooked up with 4 chicks so far, not counting all the whores who are available for a very reasonable fee.  I'm pretty sure there are more women available for him to have sex with in this game than in the first one.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not sure what you guys are bitching about, Grealt has hooked up with 4 chicks so far, not counting all the whores who are available for a very reasonable fee.  I'm pretty sure there are more women available for him to have sex with in this game than in the first one.
View Quote

I banged this hot blonde elf the other night...

Always wanted to say that.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Literally went through the Keira quest line just to bang her.

Mission accomplished.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I screwed up the fencing one.

Wouldnt let her win so I am guessing that was it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

How is it screwed up?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Sex cards.

Not even close.

TW1 was, if you wanted it to be, a heck of a lot more loaded with sex than either of the two later games.  Not only did you have your normal assortment of unnamed hookers, but also, by my quick count on the Witcher wiki, something like 22 specific, individual characters you could bang, some more than once.  Neither of the two following games even comes close to that.  TW2 had 5, not counting hookers.  TW3 has at at least 3 that I know of (Triss, Yen, Kiera), and I'm sure there's more; still, it has a long way to go to get to TW1's level.

Of course, in my main playthrough, I just romanced Triss over all 3 games, and never tried to sex up anyone else.  Because Triss is pretty much the best.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How is it screwed up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it screwed up?

There's no way to hook up with her, as far as I know.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How is it screwed up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it screwed up?

Meaning my choices didnt let me skewer her with my flesh sword.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it screwed up?

I'm pretty sure there's no way to do so.  Checking the internet doesn't appear to show any possibility.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure there's no way to do so.  Checking the internet doesn't appear to show any possibility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it screwed up?

I played through all of the different endings for that quest, and they all end the same.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:59:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Finished the main story line, great game! As I stated earlier in this thread I romanced both Triss & Yennefer. I wouldn't advise that.
Oh well, off to make more coin & bed wenches!
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 1:00:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I played through all of the different endings for that quest, and they all end the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it screwed up?

Okay thx.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 3:01:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Finished the main story line, great game! As I stated earlier in this thread I romanced both Triss & Yennefer. I wouldn't advise that.
View Quote

LOL.  I thought you were going to go back and change that?
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 3:33:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
Uh oh, really?  I just hit Yen, I assume that Triss finds out when we meet up again and its all ruined?

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 4:24:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Uh oh, really?  I just hit Yen, I assume that Triss finds out when we meet up again and its all ruined?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't played that far, and I'm not going for both anyway, but I have heard that at the end of the game it blows up in your face, permanently.  The devs talked about it prior to launch.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I haven't played that far, and I'm not going for both anyway, but I have heard that at the end of the game it blows up in your face, permanently.  The devs talked about it prior to launch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well shit, Yen came after Triss, I think thats about three game hours lost if I roll back my saves

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Well shit, Yen came after Triss, I think thats about three game hours lost if I roll back my saves

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you talking about the "unicorn" part? That's a freebee and you can still have Triss. If you romance Yenn during her special quest line then you're doomed.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Do I ever go inside the mountain under the giant tree to the southeast of the swamp in Velen? I'm mopping a bunch of quests up before I continue the main story after Ugly Baby.

Also:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Are you talking about the "unicorn" part? That's a freebee and you can still have Triss. If you romance Yenn during her special quest line then you're doomed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, thank god, I did some pretty interesting shit since then

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wanted to but I would have nullified 2 to 3 hours of gameplay.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Oops, disregard.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Oh, thank god, I did some pretty interesting shit since then

You're good, just don't tell Yen you love her at the end of a certain mission.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#45]
When I was off exploring Velen at like level 12, I found some lvl 20 nekkers camped in an abandoned village.  Village was up a trail from waters edge, up hill, cliff side, if you rolled through the village the trail kept going further up into the mountain and there was a cave entrance.  I boogied out of there because it was a death trap, figured I'd be back later via quest.  

Now that I've beat the main quest line I want to go back and explore that area and I can't find the damn place.  Any idea where that is/what I'm talking about?
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Do I ever go inside the mountain under the giant tree to the southeast of the swamp in Velen? I'm mopping a bunch of quests up before I continue the main story after Ugly Baby.

Also:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I had the same question, and from what I have read you didn't miss anything.  Should unlock the "reason of state" quest at some point much later on; it's dependent on main story progress, apparently.  Also dependent on dialogue choices you make during the "blindingly obvious" quest (also much later in the story).
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

whoops.

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
whoops.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

whoops.  

High levels of replayability, and all that shit.  

Speaking of which, I hope they add a new game plus option at some point.  While I get that the difficulty and grind is part of the challenge, slogging through 150 hours of game a second time just to see what other choices are available is going to be tough.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:35:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I had the same question, and from what I have read you didn't miss anything.  Should unlock the "reason of state" quest at some point much later on; it's dependent on main story progress, apparently.  Also dependent on dialogue choices you make during the "blindingly obvious" quest (also much later in the story).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also:

Click To View Spoiler

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone having serious loading issues? It seems to take for ever. I'm on PS4 in case it matters.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top