Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/10/2015 11:36:07 PM EDT
Starts on the 12th, anyone else gonna try to get a key?

Key giveaway

http://games.on.net/2015/03/world-of-warships-closed-beta-keys/ - they're giving away 200 keys in a drawing tomorrow.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Want a key but haven't got an invite yet.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Want a key but haven't got an invite yet.

View Quote

They'll start handing out keys on the 12th, and anyone that got into alpha or a weekend beta will automatically have access.

They may also send some keys to websites like mmorpg.com or rock, paper, shotgun,

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]
CBT applications are open, dunno for how long though.

and new trailer

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got an invite.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Just got an invite.
View Quote
Ditto. In-Game name is ChingChingBoom

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
If anyone doesn't get an invite i'll post links to any websites I find giving out keys.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If anyone doesn't get an invite i'll post links to any websites I find giving out keys.
View Quote

Please do.  Still waiting for my invite from WG.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone send me a key please I had to go to work and I only now applied
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#9]
submitted
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:29:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Super fun
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Played a good amount yesterday.  I have tier 3 cruiser, battleship, and destroyer.  I prefer cruiser, but with all the battleships running around I may go for the carrier or simply play destroyer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Saving up for a carrier, but the DD is starting to grow on me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Got in the past Weekend Beta, so I have her DL'd at home. I was hot shit at gunnery with the mechanism before, lets see if I can still work it from max range. The big Tanks streamers seemed to struggle, which was almost unsurprising. I came from Destroyer Command and Jutland, so the naval combat makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:23:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Today was me in tier 3 facing mostly tier 4 and 5s.  Kind of rough.  I hated to leave the Saint Louis, but went up to tier 4 cruiser.  The torps actually work very well if I can close the gap with battleships.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:23:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Having a lot of fun with the IJN DDs
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Any subs, or all surface ships?
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuck you all

No subs
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#18]
i havent gotten anything :(
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Really having fun with the destroyers currently.  I can sneak in there and get some destruction in.  I had 28 torp hits in a game earlier, it was magnificent.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Subs would be a cool addition, but I don't think they are necessary.

Quoted:
Really having fun with the destroyers currently.  I can sneak in there and get some destruction in.  I had 28 torp hits in a game earlier, it was magnificent.  
View Quote

Nice

Destroyers are my favorite, too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#21]
applied...
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#22]
i applied when it was announced, havent heard anything
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I got these cheese burgers man is how I feel about beta keys

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Is this game purely HP based or can you do critical hits by hitting an ammo magazine etc?

What about fire control?  Is it pretty much point and click or do you have to do the range/leading yourself?

Can you start on fire?  Compartment flooding?

The more videos I watch on the game the less excited I am about it in some ways but I'm still dying to play it.  I just hope WarThunder hurries up with their naval addition as they seem to be more interested in making games that better suit what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Is this game purely HP based or can you do critical hits by hitting an ammo magazine etc?

What about fire control?  Is it pretty much point and click or do you have to do the range/leading yourself?

The more videos I watch on the game the less excited I am about it in some ways but I'm still dying to play it.  I just hope WarThunder hurries up with their naval addition as they seem to be more interested in making games that better suit what I'm looking for.
View Quote
1. It's the WoT system. Not the strict crit system of War Thunder.

2. the latter

3. both

4. Yeah WT will do it well, though I think we're at least looking at a couple years 'til they release it.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#26]
*wipes mouth*

Just got accepted
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

2. the latter

3. both

4. Yeah WT will do it well, though I think we're at least looking at a couple years 'til they release it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

2. the latter

3. both

Yep, I think WT will do a great job with it, but it's gonna be a while before we hear anything about it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll be down for warthunders realistic mode that will be the shit!
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Hum, still no invite, signed up awhile ago.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hum, still no invite, signed up awhile ago.
View Quote

No invite here either.  Why do you hate me, God?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Enjoying it. Made it up to tier IV tonight, but I'm about to give it a break.

I'm vanilla_gorilla in game, also.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Noob
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:02:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, the torpedo spam is real. It's like mixing the Arty and OP new light tanks in WOT. Thanks to all the islands and point blank nature of the maps, you can't hope to outmaneuver torpedoes in a cruiser, and your guns don't rip them to shreds fast enough. This now feels like a proper WG product. Take ships that fight at extended range, and put them in a lake, just like WoT.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:33:13 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Yeah, the torpedo spam is real. It's like mixing the Arty and OP new light tanks in WOT. Thanks to all the islands and point blank nature of the maps, you can't hope to outmaneuver torpedoes in a cruiser, and your guns don't rip them to shreds fast enough. This now feels like a proper WG product. Take ships that fight at extended range, and put them in a lake, just like WoT.
View Quote

At rank 6 now, destroyers are a non-issue.  They have a long cooldown on torps and the ships are more maneuvarable.  TB can catch me if I'm not paying attention, but if you are they have a hard time getting the plane positioned to get more than one torp hit on you at most.  At low levels though, the torp spam is real.  The cooldown on torps is insanely low.

So far the game has been great, I'll probably stay at tier 6 from this point out and just wait for open beta.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

You can easily outmaneuver torpedoes as long as you don't let the destroyers get close, and with how fragile they are they've earned the kill if they get too close to be dodged.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#36]
I got jumped on today for saying, "I don't really like the Jap cruisers."  Apparently that is an offensive term.  I didn't mean it to be, I was just abbreviating Japanese.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I got jumped on today for saying, "I don't really like the Jap cruisers."  Apparently that is an offensive term.  I didn't mean it to be, I was just abbreviating Japanese.
View Quote

Yeah.

They prefer IJN (Imperial Japanese Navy).  
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#39]
But "Yanks" or "'Merica" is not offensive.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
But "Yanks" or "'Merica" is not offensive.
View Quote

Never been offended by those. "Typical stupid fat lazy Americans" on the other hand...

Anyways, I can't help but be bothered that the guns are all listed in metric. I guess I'm a detail whore, because it irks me to see 6" guns listed as 152mm, 5" listed as 127mm, etc.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#41]
I requested a beta code but I haven't received anything yet.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hopefully they will cycle new people in soon.  

I enjoy the game much more than I do tanks.  Then again, I just like naval stuff in general more.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I enjoy the game much more than I do tanks.  Then again, I just like naval stuff in general more.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a crime how much the genre's died out. Silent Hunter was the last big name series that finally went F2P online.

Destroyer Command, while bugged, is still my standard against which naval games are measured. It let you command 1 ship from multiple stations, through a whole squadron. With that game as a starting point, a really cool naval game could have been possible. It would be totally possible in either the SH3 or SH4 engines, they just needed to have official Dev support to rework it into a surface sim and add command & control functions.

Jutland had promise, but it was eaten from the inside out by cancerous DRM and views on modding. The head honcho actively shat on the idea of having a community that could contribute to the game via mods, because they saw it as a threat by allowing changes to their game. I sank nearly $200 into that between myself and buying a copy for a friend, and now that whole project is tits up. They just stopped patching and updating one day, made some promises and alluded to a new big project, then radio silence for years now.

The problems I'm still having with WoWS is the WG formula of taking "snipers" and putting them in a knife fight sized box. What is the absolute max range you can engage in this game at highest tiers? 10km and inwards has been a bloodbath in any other naval "sim" I've played, especially with WW2 levels of tech. Hell, in Jutland I made a close range battle like this that resulted in almost mutual destruction. Magazine detonations and irreparable flooding basically meant no ship got out alive. I get that WG prefers the ADD 15 minute brawlfest format, but I just don't feel like that format fits well with naval action. At least some kind of "hardcore" mode with larger maps and longer time limits would be nice. But, WG doesn't seem to want to do that, certainly not on WoT where you are forced to fight inside 500m in tanks that could kill past 2km.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm interested in this quite a bit.  Any idea when it may go live?  I doubt I'll ever get a beta key.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#45]
I have been in all the Beta tests so far, it's turned into a pretty fun game but there is still a lot more to do before it get's released.  I'm up to tier 6 so far.  Haven't tried the aircraft carriers yet, maybe over the weekend.

I have been streaming on Twitch when I've been playing lately if you want to see what it's about check it out.  Usually start about 9pm EST.

Twitch Stream
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I have been in all the Beta tests so far, it's turned into a pretty fun game but there is still a lot more to do before it get's released.  I'm up to tier 6 so far.  Haven't tried the aircraft carriers yet, maybe over the weekend.

I have been streaming on Twitch when I've been playing lately if you want to see what it's about check it out.  Usually start about 9pm EST.

Twitch Stream
View Quote

So that's where you've been.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Twitch Stream
View Quote

If I get a chance, I'll stop by and check it out!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#48]
This sucks I'm sidelined with foot surgery stuck in bed fuuuuuuuuuu so close to lvl7.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Any idea when it may go live?
View Quote

It depends on if they rush it out or not.  I'd guess no sooner than three months, but a good indicator will be when they switch to open beta.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#50]
World of warplanes took a year.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top