BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2015 9:13:46 PM EDT
Interested in FOF training with paintball

Recommend me a marker
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Planet Eclipse Etek 4 one of the best values out today.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I re-read your post and realized you want force on force training? Do you want realistic weapons? They have some like the tippman Alpha black and some magfed platforms but they do not live up to the hype, with short lived C02 cartridges, low power, low magazine capacity and high price tag for multiple mags. If you want to do senerios where you would like to be as "real" as possible the these may fit the bill. The problems is while they look cool- they suck.

Money is best spent with airsoft then you can shoot plastic bbs at each other and rely on the honor system resale value is much higher with airsoft. At the local field I have yet to see anyone with a mag fed marker.

If you want a tank powered marker I would stick to traditional markers from the big names such as Planet Eclipse, Empire, Tippman. Steer clear of the Dye brand. The company is going away and support is now zero. The only Dye product I would recommend would be the Rotor as it is hands down one of the best hoppers on the market. Someone will buy Dye but for now the company is in the beginnings of bankruptcy.

Tippman while not real flashy they work and is what most fields use as rentals. They just work and can be upgradeable to suit anyones need.

I'll say it again the best value out there is the Etek4 paired with a peanut tank and a Dye Rotor you will be ready for most tournaments with that set-up.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I re-read your post and realized you want force on force training? Do you want realistic weapons? They have some like the tippman Alpha black and some magfed platforms but they do not live up to the hype, with short lived C02 cartridges, low power, low magazine capacity and high price tag for multiple mags. If you want to do senerios where you would like to be as "real" as possible the these may fit the bill. The problems is while they look cool- they suck.

Money is best spent with airsoft then you can shoot plastic bbs at each other and rely on the honor system resale value is much higher with airsoft. At the local field I have yet to see anyone with a mag fed marker.

If you want a tank powered marker I would stick to traditional markers from the big names such as Planet Eclipse, Empire, Tippman. Steer clear of the Dye brand. The company is going away and support is now zero. The only Dye product I would recommend would be the Rotor as it is hands down one of the best hoppers on the market. Someone will buy Dye but for now the company is in the beginnings of bankruptcy.

Tippman while not real flashy they work and is what most fields use as rentals. They just work and can be upgradeable to suit anyones need.

I'll say it again the best value out there is the Etek4 paired with a peanut tank and a Dye Rotor you will be ready for most tournaments with that set-up.
View Quote

Thanks for your response
The tippmann alpha black seems like a decent milsim marker for the price
Now as to airsoft.... I don't think we are allowed to say that word on arfcom
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I asked my son who lives for paintball his reply was some of the mag fed markers are pretty good but pricey. They have improved. Also Dye has been restructured and are not going bankrupt which is what the owner of the paintball field had told me and they are releasing new product. My son stated that the DYE Assult Matrix (DAM) markers are top notch but they are $$$$

The Alpha Black is still a good buy as is the Salvo. My son has on and they use the same parts as the Tippman 98 and can be customized w/ egrip and cyclone hopper.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll get better training with airsoft if you're going to use it for FoF purposes. You can probably find a close approximation of your rifle and pistol and they can shoot a lot farther.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You'll get better training with airsoft if you're going to use it for FoF purposes. You can probably find a close approximation of your rifle and pistol and they can shoot a lot farther.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true...... Ive played both very heavily . and airsoft is more realistic than paintball. So if your looking at it more as training than just fun , look into airsoft.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top