Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:03:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I still have my original discs from X-Wing Alliance. Good game, but the whole family plot thing was just tedious and I hated the characters. Being an anonymous pilot like in TIE Fighter was the best.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still have my original discs from X-Wing Alliance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I still have my original discs from X-Wing Alliance.

Me too.

Good game, but the whole family plot thing was just tedious and I hated the characters. Being an anonymous pilot like in TIE Fighter was the best.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the bandwagon.  Just finished playing TIE fitgher
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Is X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter worth getting?  As I understand it, it was mostly multiplayer, and if there aren't any servers around anymore....
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Origin released them awhile ago, guess ea's trying to bleed every title it has dry.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Origin released them awhile ago, guess ea's trying to bleed every title it has dry.
View Quote

Huh?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I still have my original discs from X-Wing Alliance. Good game, but the whole family plot thing was just tedious and I hated the characters. Being an anonymous pilot like in TIE Fighter was the best.
View Quote

Never owned it, but with the graphics update patches out there, I'll probably pick it up.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?

I know EA has been contracted to create new content, but I'm not sure any re-release has anything to do with EA, save possible distribution through Origin. I doubt EA has anything to do with the titles released on GoG, either. Anything's possible, I suppose.

I doubt the IP is owned by anyone other than Lucasfilm.

All I know is someone posted about the update to Alliance a while back and, at that time, I couldn't find a copy that wasn't priced higher than I was willing to pay or wasn't from questionable sources on Ebay.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Never owned it, but with the graphics update patches out there, I'll probably pick it up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful, the XWA Update requires an ISO to work.  If you download the digital copy from GoG, at this time, the graphics update won't work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't know who owns them but these titles along with some of the old wing commander games showed up a few months ago on origin.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been rocking Tie Fighter 1998 for a Month or so now.

Amazing how I retained 95% of the key commands from when I was a kid.  

I downloaded the rest yesterday - Can't wait to play Dark Forces again.

Quoted:
+1 on the bandwagon.  Just finished playing TIE fitgher
View Quote

Seriously one of my favorite games of all time.  I love the where Harkov's guys break bad.  What a great storyline.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:37:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I downloaded Rebellion a few days ago. If you haven't played it you should.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, do pick up Rebellion. I find I need to use mods to pick up the pace a bit and encourage the AI to build more ships for me to smash but I loved that game.

Rebed

I get a better game if I make ships travel faster by decreasing their hyperspace rating. Whichever side I pick I modify the other so their ships cost less resources to build and maintain.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#15]
The XWing Alliance upgrade came out with their large pack installer the other day, but had to take it down to fix a bug.  Be looking for it any day now.

This game is truly top notch after that upgrade.  Just the star field backgrounds make it a modern game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top