BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/14/2015 6:34:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I've actually been fairly interested in this game. It can probably give DayZ a run for its money.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:59:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll wait for some more reviews and gameplay videos.  I'm done with "early access" and alpha / beta testing.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:06:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Tag for input.

Back in October I would have been all over it.  Kinda cooled on it at this point.  Maybe if people here have great things to say about it I'll give it a shot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm definitely in on H1Z1. Anyone regularly play late? I don't get home until 1AM EST.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I originally wanted to get Day Z until SOE announce H1Z1.  4hrs until steam release and it'll be a long night.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I originally wanted to get Day Z until SOE announce H1Z1.  4hrs until steam release and it'll be a long night.
View Quote

Don't get your hopes up too high for a lot of play time today.  Launches are usually beset by crashing/slow login servers, crashing/slow game servers, and crashing clients.  In fact, you should count yourself lucky if you get to play at all today.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't get your hopes up too high for a lot of play time today.  Launches are usually beset by crashing/slow login servers, crashing/slow game servers, and crashing clients.  In fact, you should count yourself lucky if you get to play at all today.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahaha so true.  The modern day online gaming......
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll probably pick it up after a couple days. The rush is going to be huge and I can do without the frustration.
I'm burned out on DayZ. 600+ hours of solo play, KOS, and boredom has taken it's toll.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to get in on early access.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Delayed again
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Delayed again
View Quote

Release now scheduled for 5:00 EST.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Ill probably grab it, let me know if anyone would like to work together
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#14]
What server ruleset are people going for?

I'm leaning toward a PvP ruleset with standard zombies. The "head shot only" zombies are going to be way OP, from what I've read.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What server ruleset are people going for?

I'm leaning toward a PvP ruleset with standard zombies. The "head shot only" zombies are going to be way OP, from what I've read.
View Quote

PvP

Steam ID: Seph351
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Now it's on steam to get the ball rolling on the download :)
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#17]
The game is out, but the login servers are either down or grossly underpowered.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

tag
View Quote

fuck you

https://www.h1z1.com/game-error?code=G99&info=Unable%20to%20connect%20to%20Login%20Server.
i was all happy and then i hear grim and miles talk about how it came out and i would be a fag not to get it.
yeah who's the fag now?

me apparently.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Sony. Check

Early Access they want money for. Check

Free to Play (eventually). Check

Is it ported to consoles too? If so, these 4 things are the epitome of things that are wrong with PC games.

From everything I've seen its something like DayZ v 1.45. I can only expect from the way its setup, itll have roughly the same gameplay where the majority of people thinking camping areas to kill other players is the content. Besides that, free to play games usually attract the usual game locusts, that show up, do whatever it is you have to do for 2 weeks, and then move on to destroy the next new game or be bored and just try to hack/fuck up anything they possibly can.

I'm definitely waiting this one out.

ETA - Serious question. The main thing DayZ lacked, and eventually made boring, was the lack of any real purpose other than to survive. Is there an actual purpose to this, i.e. character advancement, some sort of quests, some sort of end goals?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

fuck you

https://www.h1z1.com/game-error?code=G99&info=Unable%20to%20connect%20to%20Login%20Server.

i was all happy and then i hear grim and miles talk about how it came out and i would be a fag not to get it.

yeah who's the fag now?

me apparently.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
tag

fuck you

yeah who's the fag now?

me apparently.

Login server just came back up, so getting closer
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:00:59 AM EDT
[#22]
I think this steam reviewer sums up this game nicely:

"We will NOT be selling Guns, Ammo, Food, Water... i.e. That's kind of the whole game and it would suck in our opinion if we did that."

"8) We have made the decision to allow paid for airdrops into the game with things like guns and other things being randomly selected as part of the airdrop. We’re making them highly contested and building a whole set of rules around this, but you should be aware that our goal is to make this a way to keep things interesting on the servers but still be contested. If these offend your sensibilities just know that they are going to be there. We have gone out of our way to make sure the airdrops are contested in-game and that you can’t simply expect to easily walk about to the airdrop and grab it. Even if you paid for it. "

gg

LOL WUT!

I'll save my money.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:50:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Played for about 2 hours.

So far it's not worth spending money on.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:57:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Pay to win fucking garbage. Not even close to a playable state. Avoid this piece of shit like the plague.

Thanks Unified.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:27:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Pay to win fucking garbage. Not even close to a playable state. Avoid this piece of shit like the plague.

Thanks Unified.

View Quote

1. Your full of shit.
2. When your jizz binge drinking high wears off come back and make an intelligent post.
3. Go back to canada where you belong.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
1. Your full of shit.

2. When your jizz binge drinking high wears off come back and make an intelligent post.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Unified.

1. Your full of shit.

The truth we cannot change, Unified. This overly hyped, under-delivering dumpster fire of a game is a disappointment.

There are no redeeming qualities to it. Back to CS:GO!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Played for about 2 hours.

So far it's not worth spending money on.
View Quote

Agreed.  The game has potential, but it isn't there yet.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Pay to win fucking garbage.

View Quote

It's not p2w, despite what the reddit mob says.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Game is busted despite what the live streamers said.  No loot spawns, animal glitches, missing hud and inventory at times, Health, food and water run out before you can find anything to eat or drink.  I am disappoint.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Game is busted despite what the live streamers said.  No loot spawns, animal glitches, missing hud and inventory at times, Health, food and water run out before you can find anything to eat or drink.  I am disappoint.  
View Quote

Welcome to EA.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Shitty day one, hope they get it fixed soon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pay to win fucking garbage.

Bingo. A gaggle of ravenous neckbeards does not make a game pay to win.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#33]
On the contrary, direct from John Smedley.

UPDATE: Apology From Smedley (President of SOE) on Reddit

The following are 2 quotes he made regarding the P2W issue, link to the reddit page below:

"we're making adjustments to the airdrops that are appropriate. So yes, we believe in the feature. We also agree it needs work so it's not P2W because I saw the same streams you guys did last night and without these changes i think it's fair to call it P2W."

"thanks for writing this. This is exactly my own personal experience but I did see some times when it was straight up P2W yesterday and we're fixing that completely. It wasn't intentional.. just not everything works the way we intend at first."

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2snhud/no_questions_asked_refund_policy/
You may have felt lied to, but at least everyone, including SOE, are now all on the same page in admitting that the current EA build of H1Z1 is P2W. And no one, including SOE, likes it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Played a fair bit last night/this morning. Found an ar15 and 80 rounds of .223 later. Was getting work done with it till a dude rushed me and killed me with a lead pipe  Excluding some hopefully easy fix bugs, I feel like it's in a better place than dayz sa right now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Played a fair bit last night/this morning. Found an ar15 and 80 rounds of .223 later. Was getting work done with it till a dude rushed me and killed me with a lead pipe  Excluding some hopefully easy fix bugs, I feel like it's in a better place than dayz sa right now.
View Quote

Where did you find the AR?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:07:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Im on bloodscorn fyi
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:10:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, I'm having fun with it.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:27:23 AM EDT
[#38]
waited for the community reaction to it instead of just blindly purchasing it... the pay to win airdrop shit is bs (yah i know they already addressed that they are fixing it and limiting gun drops to 2 out of every 10 drops) but its still retarded after smedley said the microtransactions were going to be for appearance items which is what good microtransactions should be. but then bam, air drops giving guns and shit during a supposed 'zombie apocalypse' yawn.  the other part of the bullshit is if i am spending money for an airdrop, i want to guarantee i get my stuff since i paid for it, but you don't, the plane is slow and loud making everyone know theres gonna be an airdrop and they can straight up steal it from you.... thus making the game turn into roving groups of players that just go around trying to steal airdrops.
they are offering refunds until i think monday for anyone feeling bamboozled.

theres 5 or 6 guys on my steam that bought it right away and they are constantly relaunching the game (the steam popup that they are 'now playing h1z1' keeps coming up) must be crashing like crazy.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:58:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
waited for the community reaction to it instead of just blindly purchasing it... the pay to win airdrop shit is bs (yah i know they already addressed that they are fixing it and limiting gun drops to 2 out of every 10 drops) but its still retarded after smedley said the microtransactions were going to be for appearance items which is what good microtransactions should be. but then bam, air drops giving guns and shit during a supposed 'zombie apocalypse' yawn.  the other part of the bullshit is if i am spending money for an airdrop, i want to guarantee i get my stuff since i paid for it, but you don't, the plane is slow and loud making everyone know theres gonna be an airdrop and they can straight up steal it from you.... thus making the game turn into roving groups of players that just go around trying to steal airdrops.

theres 5 or 6 guys on my steam that bought it right away and they are constantly relaunching the game (the steam popup that they are 'now playing h1z1' keeps coming up) must be crashing like crazy.
View Quote

To be fair, Smedley said 8 months ago that air drops would drop weapons and ammo. They said there would be no direct purchasable weapons, like buy a gun and it magically appears in your inventory, but air drops were always going to drop rare items.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like you should avoid it then.

My biggest problem with the game at the moment is that the servers are too crowded.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

To be fair, Smedley said 8 months ago that air drops would drop weapons and ammo. They said there would be no direct purchasable weapons, like buy a gun and it magically appears in your inventory, but air drops were always going to drop rare items.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's in the Early Access FAQ with an explanation that ADs may contain weapons and require tickets to purchase them.  People seem to forget that it's a f*cking Early Access and how are you going to test something if it's not in the game.  I hate this EA/kickstarter gaming era and truly miss when companies pre-screened testers for Alphas and Betas.  Also if you're dropping $$$ at this point of the EA, you're a moron because wipes can happen at anytime.  My best advice for the "dupped" players is A. Kill yourself and collect the insurance or B. Ask for a refund that's being offered.

https://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2sopo9/update_about_airdrops_and_my_personal_apology/

/ end rant /  Day 3 of Steam  QQin makes me wish the Z Apocalypse would come sooner.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My biggest problem with the game at the moment is that the servers are too crowded.  

oh i will be avoiding it like 90% of the other DayZ clones that are pumped out on early access, plus this games graphics look like they're from 2008 or older.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Server patches going out to increase they loot respawn rate and reduce the hunger/thirst decline rates.  Props to SOE for listening to the community and implementing changes quickly.  There have already been several patches/tweaks and the game is barely 50 hours post-release.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Eventually people will understand the difference between the air drops, which they've said will have weapons since at least August, and the direct to inventory crates which won't have weapons.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#46]
So for those who are playing, what server are you on?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#47]
For those that may be interested, here is a map I made from the signs I could find in game

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:33:45 AM EDT
[#48]
I've been burned enough times to avoid "early access" games.  I was hoping on this one, but feel pretty good that I waved to the wagon and let it pass me by for once

Now if we could only stop companies from "releasing" games when they should still be beta...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:26:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've been burned enough times to avoid "early access" games.  I was hoping on this one, but feel pretty good that I waved to the wagon and let it pass me by for once  

Now if we could only stop companies from "releasing" games when they should still be beta... internal testing alpha.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:22:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Been messing around on the Pandemic server a bit and have been having quite a bit of fun. Making a living out in the woods in a remote cabin isn't all that bad. The game does have potential and I am really liking the crafting aspect in the game as well.

Do any of you want to start up a good ol' Arfcom group on a server somewhere? The hermit life of berries and venison isn't too bad, but it would be nice to be in a group.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top