Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#2]
What mod is this?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
its just arma 3 with some mods i installed from www.armaholic.com
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#4]
ARMA 3 would have been so much better if it weren't set 20 minutes in the future. The weapons and vehicles from 2 were much better. Take those from 2 and combine them with 3's graphics and controls and you have a (near) perfect game.

The A-10 pic looks like it was actually taken over Chernarus, Did they ever actually do a real port of the map, or is that just a modded in version with all the non-enterable buildings still the same?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
KOTH

Great game. Lots of teamwork. Thats my Pawnee smoking just behind the Hospital. I was lining up for the end of the game camera with strobe lights and the guy in the A-10 thought it would be funny to kill a team mate...

I don't know why steam won't capture a better resolution pic.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ARMA 3 would have been so much better if it weren't set 20 minutes in the future. The weapons and vehicles from 2 were much better. Take those from 2 and combine them with 3's graphics and controls and you have a (near) perfect game.

The A-10 pic looks like it was actually taken over Chernarus, Did they ever actually do a real port of the map, or is that just a modded in version with all the non-enterable buildings still the same?
View Quote

I agree.. I've heard that the thinly veiled and renamed future platforms like the A-164 Wipeout in lieu of the A-10 were an attempt by Bohemia to avoid paying licensing fees to defense companies.

EA settled with Bell Helicopter on this very issue: http://kotaku.com/ea-ends-first-amendment-claim-to-use-real-world-helicop-1159651214?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
KOTH

Great game. Lots of teamwork. Thats my Pawnee smoking just behind the Hospital. I was lining up for the end of the game camera with strobe lights and the guy in the A-10 thought it would be funny to kill a team mate...

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/Gaming/2014-12-28_00004_zps88aacd06.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/Gaming/2014-12-28_00004_zps88aacd06.jpg</a>

View Quote

triple or double monitor setup? what res?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I agree.. I've heard that the thinly veiled and renamed future platforms like the A-164 Wipeout in lieu of the A-10 were an attempt by Bohemia to avoid paying licensing fees to defense companies.

EA settled with Bell Helicopter on this very issue: http://kotaku.com/ea-ends-first-amendment-claim-to-use-real-world-helicop-1159651214?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but hey, thats where user created content comes in
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

KOTH

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/Gaming/2014-12-28_00004_zps88aacd06.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/Gaming/2014-12-28_00004_zps88aacd06.jpg</a>

Triple.

3024×1024 or something like that
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Triple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
KOTH

Triple.

nicccee!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

whoah what pvs14 model is that?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]
How much do you have to spend on a gaming PC that can run this?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

its actually the British HMNVS
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

not too much around 500$ if you find good deals

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1649172_PC_Gaming_on_a_Budget___Build_Lists_for__400___500___600___700_builds.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1649172_PC_Gaming_on_a_Budget___Build_Lists_for__400___500___600___700_builds.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 2:41:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Got a new tag for when I play Arma KOTH..

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#18]
EPOCH server.  We were rotating a doorway to open to the outside, and it caused our transports to explode, lulz ensue...

ETA: "before" pic

Screen name of player "Aloha Snackbar"??  

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Another EPOCH base shot.

Exterior in progress pic, chopper pad on rooftop

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

EPOCH server.  We were rotating a doorway to open to the outside, and it caused our transports to explode, lulz ensue...

ETA: "before" pic

Screen name of player "Aloha Snackbar"??  

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10873543_10152670551293335_7161171833819679059_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10872807_10152670889843335_3636428312878363699_o.jpg
View Quote

The first time I played Epoch (also my last...I spend most of my time on KOTH), I hopped onto a server and just my luck, it was night time.

I found a barracks building and started to loot it. I heard movement outside thinking it was another player as I was just outside of one of the spawns about 1k away. I found a shot gun and posted up on a ground floor window.

I did a quick check behind me and when I turned around back to the window, a cloaked man was in the middle of the window chanting and my screen went red.

That scared the fuck out of me....lol. First 10 minutes into the game and I get attacked by one of the satanic cloaked people.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

But then they wouldn't be able to sell an unfinished game for $60 then release $30 DLC that doesn't quite complete it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#22]

The weapons in Arma 2 aren't in Arma 3 because they lost their licensing.

Probably because they spent a ton of money trying to bail out one of their Devs from Greek jail.

He was arrested and jailed for a year or so on suspicion of being a spy. What he was really doing was getting ideas for the Statis map, which is modeled after a Greek island.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

But then they wouldn't be able to sell an unfinished game for $60 then release $30 DLC that doesn't quite complete it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was the $30 DLC? The helicopter thing was like $15
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought Arma 3 for $20

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Game is on steam sale for anyone interested $30.  I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sniper rifles.

I think that $30 pack includes the helicopters and the stupid lame ass go carts.

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sniper rifles.
I think that $30 pack includes the helicopters and the stupid lame ass go carts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sniper rifles.

yeah i hate this new model developers are going to where they release a game for 60$ and charge you another 50-60$ just for content you should hgave had from day 1
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

yeah i hate this new model developers are going to where they release a game for 60$ and charge you another 50-60$ just for content you should hgave had from day 1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sniper rifles.

sniper rifles need bipods

so wtf.......
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Then there is the charge $90 for early access to a game with a release price of $30 only to have it discounted by 80% a few months later.

Someone really needs to remake E.T so the industry can be rebooted.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sniper rifles.

Lol....you mean what COD and Battlefield series have been doing?

Pay $60 a game, and then more DLC....

The whole thing is a marketing scheme to keep people interested their product.

FWIW, Arma was available to purchase in when it was in Alpha for like $20. That's when I bought it. The Alpha purchase also gave me Development Content for Beta, before Beta ever came out.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I was just thinking, man I wish I had ARMA 3.  On a whim I searched my gmail and found this:

Thank you for your recent purchase on Steam.

If you’re new to Steam, install the free Steam application now:

http://www.steampowered.com/getsteam

To play your new games, just launch the Steam application on your computer and log in using your Steam account name: [email protected]. Your games will be available in Steam on the "Library" tab.

Any Downloadable Content (DLC) you've purchased is automatically downloaded and will be accessible from within the base game on Steam. To view your new DLC from within your Library, right-click on the base game and select "View Downloadable Content."

This email message will serve as your receipt. You can also access your Purchase History
online at any time by visiting https://store.steampowered.com/account.

ARMA 3 - Digital Deluxe Edition  
32.49 USD

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Now this was a bad landing....  

Yep, very bad

I am Bat-copter!

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Grim is a badass stick jockey  

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 4:02:58 AM EDT
[#35]
ARMA is the direction that Ghost Recon should have gone.  Even a bad ARMA game is better then anything Ubisoft makes for a shooting game.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Grim is a badass stick jockey  

<a href="http://s13.photobucket.com/user/ninails99/media/Gamin%20Stuff/Flyby_zpsec9e8419.png.html" target="_blank">http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/ninails99/Gamin%20Stuff/Flyby_zpsec9e8419.png</a>
View Quote

that he is
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:00:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Blastcore effects are amazing...

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Arma3 has awesome lighting effects.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 2:43:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s13.photobucket.com/user/ninails99/media/Gamin%20Stuff/KaBoom_zpsd377bb1c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/ninails99/Gamin%20Stuff/KaBoom_zpsd377bb1c.jpg</a>

Arma3 has awesome lighting effects.
View Quote

Why yes it does
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:35:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Why did they have to license weapons in common use?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The weapons in Arma 2 aren't in Arma 3 because they lost their licensing.

Probably because they spent a ton of money trying to bail out one of their Devs from Greek jail.

He was arrested and jailed for a year or so on suspicion of being a spy. What he was really doing was getting ideas for the Statis map, which is modeled after a Greek island.

Why did they have to license weapons in common use?

I don't know. I just remember a Dev saying that.

Ever notice the CMMG Inc logo on the MX rifles though?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:51:01 AM EDT
[#43]
The CUP (community upgrade project) has already imported all of the A2 guns into A3 with A3 functionality (attachments)

Plenty of mods out there turn A3 into a modern setting

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#44]
taking screenshots is almost as fun as playing the game!

2015-01-19_00053 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

2015-01-19_00055 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

2015-01-19_00070 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

2015-01-19_00073 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

2015-01-19_00081 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

2015-01-19_00104 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

2015-01-19_00108 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
taking screenshots is almost as fun as playing the game!

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qSg7TZ" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7499/16321337111_d76403e203_c.jpg</a>2015-01-19_00053 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qQ8ogW" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8618/16297194956_5e5714c443_c.jpg</a>2015-01-19_00055 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qzR5Km" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7546/16135583258_386b84f931_c.jpg</a>2015-01-19_00070 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/pVqgMf" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7492/15700715724_a07335713b_c.jpg</a>2015-01-19_00073 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/pVqiF5" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7554/15700722094_96b6f76e05_c.jpg</a>2015-01-19_00081 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qzS71Y" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8653/16135782640_1d825919a7_c.jpg</a>2015-01-19_00104 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qQ8xT1" target="_blank">https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16297227266_5e0dcc9ffa_c.jpg</a>2015-01-19_00108 by unmotomarine0351, on Flickr

View Quote

looks good!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:18:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Me and Jethro pretty much had Tower 3 on lock

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:57:03 AM EDT
[#47]
oh hey  little tank so inconspicuous on the top of a hill...

"Hey Phil, you hear something?"

BOOM.

Could hear and see ordnance igniting

I LOVE the lighting effects of this game

THE FUCK IS THAT!?

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
oh hey  little tank so inconspicuous on the top of a hill...

<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/2015-01-25_00005_zpsc9457bec.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/2015-01-25_00005_zpsc9457bec.jpg</a>

"Hey Phil, you hear something?"

<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/2015-01-25_00008_zps376a1c15.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/2015-01-25_00008_zps376a1c15.jpg</a>

BOOM.

<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/2015-01-25_00009_zpsc1879840.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/2015-01-25_00009_zpsc1879840.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/2015-01-25_00011_zpsc87d8007.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/2015-01-25_00011_zpsc87d8007.jpg</a>

Could hear and see ordnance igniting

<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/2015-01-25_00012_zpsbeb2738f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/2015-01-25_00012_zpsbeb2738f.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/2015-01-25_00013_zps852106cf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/2015-01-25_00013_zps852106cf.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/2015-01-25_00015_zpsa3ffd406.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/2015-01-25_00015_zpsa3ffd406.jpg</a>

I LOVE the lighting effects of this game

<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/2015-01-25_00020_zpse1883b73.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/2015-01-25_00020_zpse1883b73.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/2015-01-19_00111_zpsc035a21b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/2015-01-19_00111_zpsc035a21b.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/2015-01-24_00010_zps5c4cb915.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/2015-01-24_00010_zps5c4cb915.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/2015-01-24_00003_zps2809f797.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/2015-01-24_00003_zps2809f797.jpg</a>

THE FUCK IS THAT!?

<a href="http://s744.photobucket.com/user/napearfcom/media/2015-01-23_00005_zps2cc7af9c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/napearfcom/2015-01-23_00005_zps2cc7af9c.jpg</a>
View Quote

lookin good!!! and i think the last pic is a shrine to our alien overlords
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
some assholes laying down on tower 3

View All Quotes

Hey man. People were bum rushing us up the tower. Not our fault yall wouldn't help support us in the armored vehicle with 40mm HEDP and .50 call
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top