Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2014 11:04:25 PM EDT
Old thread appears to be archived.

So, I was looking at this again today, first time in a while, and was very let down that it got pushed back to 2015.

When did that happen?  Last time I checked it was still on progress for a Winter 2014 release.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
A few months ago. Get ready for another let down... Frame rate locked at 30 FPS.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A few months ago. Get ready for another let down... Frame rate locked at 30 FPS.
View Quote

It was always expected to come out in the first quarter of next year , but what is this about 30 fps is that just for the console peasants and from what source did you get this information from?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The joys of developing for consoles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yup, and it sucks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#7]
holy carp a game forum mod
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:26:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
holy carp a game forum mod
View Quote

Yeah they sneak up on you around here not always at the best of times.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:25:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't care that much about frame rate. I have a gaming pc and I like to sit in my theater room with a controller and play on console. I only care if the game is fun and has depth to it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:41:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't care that much about frame rate. I have a gaming pc and I like to sit in my theater room with a controller and play on console. I only care if the game is fun and has depth to it.
View Quote

That is the key.  Friend says Ubi's last game, hacker/sandbox whatever it was, had shit shooting mechanics to the point it made the game infuriating.

Ubi should just make the goddamn game a 1st person perspective instead of this 3rd person gimmick.

I am looking forward to the game but general concensus is it is safe to have doubts about whether Ubi pulls it off.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:15:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That is the key.  Friend says Ubi's last game, hacker/sandbox whatever it was, had shit shooting mechanics to the point it made the game infuriating.

Ubi should just make the goddamn game a 1st person perspective instead of this 3rd person gimmick.

I am looking forward to the game but general concensus is it is safe to have doubts about whether Ubi pulls it off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch Dogs was a bit of a disappointment.  I'm hopeful that the other big Ubi release of the year, Far Cry 4, will be better.

As for The Division, I'm still in a wait-and-see mode.  While I like the idea of the game, I'm not excited about the multiplayer-centric focus.  I really want to see what playing it by yourself looks like.  If it's similar to Destiny/Titanfall's "singleplayer" then I'll be skipping it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#12]
3rd person >>>>>>>>>>>> FPS.

Especially for 'Tactical Shooters' like Clancy games in particular.  

3PS provides much better situational awareness and is more 'realistic' in regards to peripheral view.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

As for The Division, I'm still in a wait-and-see mode.  While I like the idea of the game, I'm not excited about the multiplayer-centric focus.  I really want to see what playing it by yourself looks like.  If it's similar to Destiny/Titanfall's "singleplayer" then I'll be skipping it.
View Quote

Ever play any coop stuff in the various GRAW games?

They are tons of fun.  But not really fleshed out.  

If this is anywhere close - but fleshed out with a persistent environment where player actions actually make a difference in the game world - it will kick ass.

IMO Ubi has kicked ass with the GRAW games, and the whole "Tom Clancy" genre.  Some better than others of course.  I've enjoyed them all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top