Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Server updated:

Time set to 90 min. each day / night.
Changed weather, will see if it rains enough or not to be a convincing jungle
Added lighting to the base
EDIT:  Added a mortar at the base... perhaps it can be used with an FO for some egg dropping....

Checked TFR again and it appears to work!  Before you get past the lobby, be sure you are in Doug's TS channel, otherwise it will not initialize correctly.

Doug, it kept me in your parent channel instead of moving me to the TFR channel, is this expected?
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Server updated:

Time set to 90 min. each day / night.

Changed weather, will see if it rains enough or not to be a convincing jungle

Added lighting to the base

Checked TFR again and it appears to work!  Before you get past the lobby, be sure you are in Doug's TS channel, otherwise it will not initialize correctly.

Doug, it kept me in your parent channel instead of moving me to the TFR channel, is this expected?
View Quote

Yes. Just join the TFR channel. I have it unlocked.  I would have to intergrate it with the server to be able to auto move i believe
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured out the taru pod mod thingy.  
You have to be at least 75m elevation to drop the pod with a parachute.

No more dumping you dudes into the ground, I swear!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Game name is drock2019.

Still don't really know what the hell I'm doing and it doesn't help that my FPS is crap.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#6]
So how does the whole tfr thing work?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So how does the whole tfr thing work?
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUGf5o3a_MI
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Neat, more ISIS to blow up

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Wait, WTF?

Which one of you clowns bought me a membership?  
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I need to update the addons.....

good shit
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I am working on having a serverbot handle the autoswitch to the TFR channel when you join in game.

How it will work when I get it going.

1. Join TS.

2. Go to Dougs Temple Of Odin.

3. Start A3 and join server

4. Once server is up and recognizes you, you will be moved to a secure Task Force Radio Channel
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wait, WTF?

View Quote

Consider it compensation for putting all this stuff together.

Now get an avatar.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:07:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Now get an avatar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, WTF?

Now get an avatar.

Much appreciated  

Jungle mission has been conquered.  Work on the next mission has begun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Much appreciated  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, WTF?

Now get an avatar.

Much appreciated  

Jungle mission was great, I think it took the 2-3 of us almost 7 hours to complete. Mostly because they kept shooting us down.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#15]
This next one will be a smaller map, but that won't mean that there isn't going to be a lot of stuff to do  
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#16]
First run on the dedi server of the para drop mission was a fail  

Looks like the script was not allowing the player to eject from the chopper.  Made a temp fix by assigning the player a parachute and giving the player the option of ejecting from the HALO chopper.  Seems to work, will be able to upload it later night.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I got it to work kinda it was just a little annoying being under canopy for 5 minutes
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I got it to work kinda it was just a little annoying being under canopy for 5 minutes
View Quote

yeah... working on that  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:36:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Operation Repo Man is a go  

Para drop as originally scripted doesn't appear to work on a dedicated server.  Works perfect on SP and Local MP but that's darn useless now isn't it.  

You can select it if you want or bypass it in the chopper.  It will pop you back in the heli.  When you want to exit the heli, select eject.  If you picked the HALO drop option first you'll get a chemlight, diff sounds and an auto opening feature @ 150m.

Bail straight outta the choppa and it's up to you to deploy safely or become a human pancake.   Total hack to get it working but it is what it is unless I can convince Arma to play nice.  The target drop zone is marked.

You are part of a PMC conducting a Black Op to reacquire a F.O.B. that was abandoned and taken over by ISIS.   You are being dropped clandestinely to avoid any official ties to the US gov.  A small amount of locally collected weapons has been stashed at the drop zone.

Clean out the trash and then the work begins to purge the area of ISIS.

**Now looking into some kind of teleport mechanic to keep peeps in the action.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:38:26 AM EDT
[#20]
^ Sounds badass as hell
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:46:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
^ Sounds badass as hell
View Quote

I do hope you peeps will enjoy it

Preliminary TP mechanic implemented.   The two Taru transport pods can be TP'd to from the base (from a board marked 'ION') .  Therefore you can drop them in strategic locations  and move them around with the action.  You can also TP back to base from the pods.

Should provide for some interesting gameplay.  Will have to see how it works out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:58:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll be checking this out tomorrow night. Looks good.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:56:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Vondor!   Long time no see dude.  Hope to catch ya in game soon.  How's you / Knighthawk?

Mission updated:  Tweaked a few bits at the insertion point.   Hint: There are backpacks in the vehicles.
Also, now you can take down the ISIS flag at the FOB and replace with a good 'ole proper 'murican one  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Vondor!   Long time no see dude.  Hope to catch ya in game soon.  How's you / Knighthawk?

Mission updated:  Tweaked a few bits at the insertion point.   Hint: There are backpacks in the vehicles.
Also, now you can take down the ISIS flag at the FOB and replace with a good 'ole proper 'murican one  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vondor/Knighthawk is the other one. I'm Vex, and everything is well. We'll talk soon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Ill be on tonight and this weekend.... just need to figure out how to install it all the new way
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Vondor/Knighthawk is the other one. I'm Vex, and everything is well. We'll talk soon.
View Quote

Well I got things half right.    Been awhile and my brain is a little fuzzy from being sick this week.

Anywho, sadly I get to work for the next 5 nights so I shall be absent from the fun.  Please post any issues you find and I can always tweak things in the morning.

I see someone has already discovered the easy way to beat the counterattack  

Future plans:

** Turns out the paradrop scripts include a way to click on the map and drop from anywhere.   I'm thinking of a "TP to team" mechanic where you click on the map and if a player is within say 100 meters of that point, you can drop in.  This will provide a dynamic way to get back to the action and yet still limit the players (no instant anywhere, someone's gotta already be there).   I'll start looking into this as the next major improvement.  If it can be done as I'm thinking, it should satisfy the lack of a quick way to be back into it.   Adds the nice counterbalance of having the risk of being exposed to enemy fire while parachuting.

** Next map will be a "Ukraine" map where you have to break out from prison (big OPFOR base) and get back to your base where you will track down the rebel leader that imprisoned you in the first place.  Time to kill some commies.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ill be on tonight and this weekend.... just need to figure out how to install it all the new way
View Quote

PWS is your friend.

Way easier than the way we did it last time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#28]
i'm a dumb ass but is there a way to click a single button and get the repo all at once? I'm not seeing it on the page

ETA figured it out
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:47:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
PWS is your friend.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

PWS is your friend.

I told you PWS was better a loooong time ago

I see you finally found out why

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#30]

I told you PWS was better a loooong time ago
I see you finally found out why

View Quote

I have seen the light, and behold I am converted!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone going to be on tonight? I still have to install, which im doing now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Anyone going to be on tonight? I still have to install, which im doing now.
View Quote

Gonna play some KOTH later
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I can't get the play with six links to work
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#34]
This Play with six is the shittiest, slowest program I've ever used. Says all the mods are 23GB, I've got 50GB free. Keeps telling me not enough room.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This Play with six is the shittiest, slowest program I've ever used. Says all the mods are 23GB, I've got 50GB free. Keeps telling me not enough room.
View Quote

On PWS go into A3-->settings and set your mods and sync directory to the same folder.  It may be trying to allocate space twice.  I made mine the same.

PWS is a little weird to get used to, then it's quite nice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Alright everything appears to be working properly. Is the server up? Not seeing it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
On PWS go into A3-->settings and set your mods and sync directory to the same folder.  It may be trying to allocate space twice.  I made mine the same.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

PWS is a little weird at first, but not only is it a launcher, it's a manager too. You don't really have to keep up with all the new mid versions that much.

But the first versions of PWS, which was called "Six Updater" was horrible. You pretty much had to set every parameter manually and you had to do some things in cmd.exe.

But even then, it was really the only mod manager around.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Alright everything appears to be working properly. Is the server up? Not seeing it.
View Quote

Checked and it is up.  Rebooted it just to be sure.  Did you copy IPv4?   Try pasting it without using the port  #
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Server is now up   Lots of troubleshooting but its game on.  Works after launching with PWS.

Hamachi client is located:

https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/hamachi/vpn/whatsnew.aspx

Server names are :

ARFCOM2015
ARFCOM2015_2

OP updated to reflect these changes.

When the first person joins, the server pops back once to the lobby, just click through a second time and it will load.
View Quote

Interested in getting back into the fray after a long absence.  

Working on downloading the 66 mods, but I'm getting a "network appears to be full" error for both ARFCOM2015 and ARFCOM2015_2 on Hamachi.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#40]
id like to get in on this, i just got arma yesterday and freaking love it. do i have to download the mods prior to joining the server? which ones on that link do i download? how do i install them?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
id like to get in on this, i just got arma yesterday and freaking love it. do i have to download the mods prior to joining the server? which ones on that link do i download? how do i install them?
View Quote

Took me a while to figure this out but once you've got PWS installed, created a PWS user/pass, and you have subscribed to the ARFCOM-Repo, then you have to:

(1) Make sure ARMA3 is selected:

then

(2) Click on Mods, then on the ARFCOM-Repo, then there should be a green "Install" button in the bottom left, which, once clicked you will get a status bar in the very bottom describing the download progress.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Took me a while to figure this out but once you've got PWS installed, created a PWS user/pass, and you have subscribed to the ARFCOM-Repo, then you have to:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=72534

then

(2) Click on Mods, then on the ARFCOM-Repo, then there should be a green "Install" button in the bottom left, which, once clicked you will get a status bar in the very bottom describing the download progress.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=72535
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=72534

then

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=72535

hory shet how long is this gonna take?? thats a lot of mods!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#43]
where to these download to?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Working on downloading the 66 mods, but I'm getting a "network appears to be full" error for both ARFCOM2015 and ARFCOM2015_2 on Hamachi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Server is now up   Lots of troubleshooting but its game on.  Works after launching with PWS.

Hamachi client is located:

https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/hamachi/vpn/whatsnew.aspx

Server names are :

ARFCOM2015
ARFCOM2015_2

OP updated to reflect these changes.

When the first person joins, the server pops back once to the lobby, just click through a second time and it will load.

Looks like a bunch 'o you peeps don't like to disconnect from hamachi when you are not playing.  This still takes up a slot.   I've created a ARFCOM2015_3 to add some more slots.  I'll start booting people to when no one is one (just reconnect).

Quoted:
where to these download to?

Click on Arma 3 in PWS and choose settings.  It will show you the directory where the mods go.  You can set them where you want.  I make the mods directory and sync directory the same or it appears it trys to allocate space for everything twice.

Quoted:

hory shet how long is this gonna take?? thats a lot of mods!

How good's your interwebs?   Just set to to d'load when you crash out.  I biggest hump is the initial d'load size.  It's the price to pay for a changing the game from the vanilla weird future setting to modern day kick ass version.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Still going, at 90.2%!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#46]
I've been going through the list, a lot of these were ones I wanted to try out anyways, like blastcore and such. So excite!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:39:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Is it just the one server? Or are there multiple Arf ones? I haven't played any MP yet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:14:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Ok one of these mods gave me a little icon with a rifle and sandbags, I'm assuming it's to rest the weapon, question is, how the eff do I use it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:15:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ok one of these mods gave me a little icon with a rifle and sandbags, I'm assuming it's to rest the weapon, question is, how the eff do I use it?
View Quote

Indeed that is weapon resting, part of TMR modular realism.  just get near a wall / low object / whatever and it auto determines if you are resting.  Reduces sway / recoil.

This is a server I host / run.  I am also the mission maker,  the server will have diff missions, changing about every one or two weeks as I get time / inspiration to make more.  There are 3 right now using the PWS mods and I can switch between them at any time.

Have a scenario you'd like to see? let me know!

...back to working on my suicide bomber script...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Looks like a bunch 'o you peeps don't like to disconnect from hamachi when you are not playing.  This still takes up a slot.   I've created a ARFCOM2015_3 to add some more slots.  I'll start booting people to when no one is one (just reconnect).
View Quote

Thanks ATV!  Got the IP.

Errrgh.

Ok, so I'm getting "Bad version, server rejected connection" error and red X next to the server name when I paste the IP in Remote.

I am running 1.38.128937 and I know the 66 mods are updated according to PWS and activated because I can see the row of them on the A3 main screen.

I am able to join other servers (e.g. KotH) without mods...what gives?

Initially the first time I tried it, there was no red X but I tried joining several times and it just immediately went back to the multiplayer screen.

So, then I thought maybe the server was running the latest beta, so I opted in for the beta on steam, then saw server was running 1.38, so opted back out of the beta and pushed back to 1.38.128957.

Is the server still running the exact 66 mods shown on the PWS subscription?
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top